Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
FAQ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am
✯✯✯Q&A✯✯✯

User Image

So there are many things about this World that I get asked all the time so I thought we would just do a quick Q&A to get you all caught up and on your way towards adventure! Of course if you have anything else to ask feel free to ask one of the crew members.

Q: What is the DRF?

A: They are the Digivice Regulation Federation, after the reset of the Digital world by Yggdrasil that locked Digivices down and Tamers out of the Digital World, this group of humans discovered a way back in. Once inside their leader tracked down Yggdrasil and begged for his forgiveness. He asked for a second chance with the Digimon and pledged to devote his life and resources to maintaining the balance and regulating the power of any human who entered the Digital world. Yggdrasil agreed on the condition that all new humans must enter and exit through a registration center, similar to the Real World's Customs, they would have to give all their information and be given only the most basic of digivices that they would be allowed to upgrade as they gained the trust of the DRF.

Since this time the DRF has implemented these checks and have set up a few human dwellings within the digital world. Their goals of peace and harmony with the Digimon has become a reality.

Q: How to I upgrade my Digivice?

A: You will earn points for RPing, these points will then be used to build better Digivices in the DRF Digivice shop.

Q: My Digivice only does DIgivolving, is there anyway to Armor Digivolve or Bio-merge?

A: Yes, there is a whole array of Digivice upgrades including ones from all the seasons of the anime and manga. Just keep working and you'll get to do whatever you want with your Digivice.

Q: What are Digivolution Chips?

A: So to further regulate the strength of the Tamers the DRF and Yggdrasil have worked together to develop memory chips with the data for digivolution in them. These chips are needed to Digivolve past the Champion Level. Many times they have to be earned or found but on occasion they come up for sale if you know where to look.

Q: So I have obtained (insert Digimon here) and I would like to use him in the RP, how do I do that?

A: First you must have the upgrades needed to use that level of Digimon, once you have that it is as easy as registering that Digimon as part of your team and after that you can use him all you want! Just remember, Megas, Super Ultimates and All Titled Digimon require a special chip to be used.

Q: Are Crests going to be involved in this RP?

A: Yes, but not apart of the actual system. If you want your character to have a crest, you will have to fill out an application and actually RP getting yourself the crest.

Q: I have a digimon that does not have a rookie form, but i REEALLY want to use them, what do I do?

A:There are two different ways to go about this:

1) In the Digivice system, you can ignore the need for the first few stages by building up the slot in your digivice

2) You can ask for permission to create a RP-line using digimon you have acquired in the guild, but the line must make sense. for that to work.
Note: Each tamer will only be able to do this a few times

Q: Why are there so few threads to Roleplay in?

A: Since humans are being introduced to the digital world again, much of it is still unexplored and will have to be explored first through missions.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:09 am
✯✯✯Open for Questions✯✯✯

User Image

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

harmonieux

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:08 am
Since it has been "many years" since humans have stepped into the Digital World, will we be posting profiles of our original characters or entirely new ones? If so, are they to be older, since it has been a while since thy were kicked out? Are previous story lines canon, or do they not apply anymore?

Thanks !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:14 am
harmonieux
Since it has been "many years" since humans have stepped into the Digital World, will we be posting profiles of our original characters or entirely new ones? If so, are they to be older, since it has been a while since thy were kicked out? Are previous story lines canon, or do they not apply anymore?

Thanks !

Honestly that is totally up to you, you can use new or old character and they can be older but they don't have to be, it's whatever you want to do, at the end of the day your characters are your characters, but if you feel like it would be better for your character to be older that's fine. we didn't really come up with how many years it's been so for all we care it could be anywhere from 2-50 who knows, so like I said it's up to you.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:52 am
What do each of the abilities that the digivices, I understand that most of them are self explanatory, however the tamer barrier is unknown to me, and I am willing to guess that others are unsure of it, could there also be explantations of what each upgrade does.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:09 pm
UnHolyFudge
What do each of the abilities that the digivices, I understand that most of them are self explanatory, however the tamer barrier is unknown to me, and I am willing to guess that others are unsure of it, could there also be explantations of what each upgrade does.

Ya sorry about that, I knew we forgot something XD haha. Anyways Tamer Barrier allows the Tamer to block an attack using Digi-Soul, basically that is the Digisoul upgrade, but we dont want soul to be used to attack digimon so we made its main use defencive. As for the rest of then we will update them when we get a chance, sorry for now if you have a question about one feel free to ask.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:03 pm
-Added to the 1st post about Crests
-Added to the 1st post about creating lines
-Added to 1st post about the lack of threads  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 pm
For clarification, do TP still apply, and if so, how? How do they differ from Arc points? c:  

harmonieux

Fatcat

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:50 pm
harmonieux
For clarification, do TP still apply, and if so, how? How do they differ from Arc points? c:

TP are not involved in the rp at all, they are still used the same way. Arc points will be used in the rp to purchase upgrades for the digivice.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:22 am
1.When will we be allowed to start RPing again?

Edit:

2.Will we have only one digivice at a time or two or three that we can switch with depend on what Arc level mission that said person is doing.

3.Will the new digivice/arc system play some kind of role in future RP events.

4. when we get a new Digivice must we start from scratch when upgrading or can we carry the upgrades over.  

Cutter Knight

Tricky Treater

9,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:39 am
Cutter Knight
1.When will we be allowed to start RPing again?

Edit:

2.Will we have only one digivice at a time or two or three that we can switch with depend on what Arc level mission that said person is doing.

3.Will the new digivice/arc system play some kind of role in future RP events.

4. when we get a new Digivice must we start from scratch when upgrading or can we carry the upgrades over.

1. Probably today Liger was finishing up approving profiles first
2. You will always only havr one digivice, even once you ipgrade it you will still have 1
3. Yes, the system is the guild rp now
4. All upgrades transfer, basacilly you already bought the piece, it just needs to get installed on a new device.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:35 pm
My character is a 'returner'. Will her digimon partner be her old Salamon, or a new Salamon? I was kind of hoping that it could be her old one - of course she won't be able to digivolve past her rookie stage. (:

EDIT:: Nevermind. I have found the answer in your posts. ~  

harmonieux

Fatcat

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:56 pm
How does DNA digivolution work in the RP?

Let's say I have my Veemon and Wormmon. Paildramon would be their DNA, but the way I acquired Paildramon was through a DNA with a different person. My Veemon doesn't go to ExVeemon, but can I still say that if Veemon and Wormmon DNA then Paildramon would be created?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:07 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Let's say I have my Veemon and Wormmon. Paildramon would be their DNA, but the way I acquired Paildramon was through a DNA with a different person. My Veemon doesn't go to ExVeemon, but can I still say that if Veemon and Wormmon DNA then Paildramon would be created?

To use Paildramon you would need first of all the upgrade for dna.
there are two types
1. Dna with another tamer: you preform your digivolve with the other tamer just like you did in the dna shop. You both must have the upgrade and the digimon in your team. You can also preform it by yourself but you must take up both spots with the required digimon.

2 You can dna by yourself with only one of the digimon being in your team. This requires a more pricey upgrade but you don't have to have the other half of the dna, the other half in this system is stored as data in you digivice.

But no wormmon+ veemon can not be paildramon.

Who was used in paildramon? Maybe you can use it in the veemon line.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

To use Paildramon you would need first of all the upgrade for dna.
there are two types
1. Dna with another tamer: you preform your digivolve with the other tamer just like you did in the dna shop. You both must have the upgrade and the digimon in your team. You can also preform it by yourself but you must take up both spots with the required digimon.

2 You can dna by yourself with only one of the digimon being in your team. This requires a more pricey upgrade but you don't have to have the other half of the dna, the other half in this system is stored as data in you digivice.

But no wormmon+ veemon can not be paildramon.

Who was used in paildramon? Maybe you can use it in the veemon line.

What about warp DNA?

And I don't remember who it was, but now that I have checked the DMA for Stingmon it says that Stingmon + Veedramon = Paildramon so I guess I will use that in the RP since my Veemon digivolved to Veedramon.

So which upgrade would I need to make?  
Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces