Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I officially have a real job! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did your school ever get cancelled for snow?
  Yes, if anything stuck to the ground
  Yes, but only if it was substantial
  Nope, even in a blizzard we only got delayed
  Snow...? What is that?
View Results

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:11 pm
So yeah!
I've been hired as a curriculum assistance teacher at a local high school. Basically my class teaches students with learning and other disabilities study and life skills as well as help them to complete their work for other classes.
I'm taking the place of the teacher I did my student teaching with. This past week was my first week as an official lead classroom teacher... and four of the days were snow days sweatdrop
still it's been awesome so far and I'm super excited mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 pm
Congrats!  

Tudora

Omnipresent Whisperer

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:50 pm
Congrats on the job.

Back home it only snowed ~0-3 times a year. When it did it would usually dump 6 inches to a foot in a few hours. Then school would be closed that next day. So not much really.

Now Im working at the calgary zoo, we have had a lot of snow, since nov its been perminant snow cover until about a week ago, where it had mostly melted but then a couple days ago it went to being snow covered again XD. But in terms of shutting for bad weather.

There was one day (well night since late nov - jan 4th we were open nights for "zoo lights") that we did shut down. But that night was the night it got to -40 (-40 is the same in F and C). That was a pretty cold night. During those minus twentys (C) days its just business as usual.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:59 pm
Sagebomb
Congrats on the job.

Back home it only snowed ~0-3 times a year. When it did it would usually dump 6 inches to a foot in a few hours. Then school would be closed that next day. So not much really.

Now Im working at the calgary zoo, we have had a lot of snow, since nov its been perminant snow cover until about a week ago, where it had mostly melted but then a couple days ago it went to being snow covered again XD. But in terms of shutting for bad weather.

There was one day (well night since late nov - jan 4th we were open nights for "zoo lights") that we did shut down. But that night was the night it got to -40 (-40 is the same in F and C). That was a pretty cold night. During those minus twentys (C) days its just business as usual.

Yeahhh we were closed 4 days over like 3-6 inches throughout my county
Tuesday it was the forecast of snow that cancelled school but it didn't actually come until like 5 pm
Wednesday everything was covered in snow
Thursday the roads were solid ice
and Friday I guess some of the small towns in the county hadn't plowed yet? but where I am it was clear.

YIKES that's cold... through all of this our lowest point was like 7F (-14 C, 260K). I mean to be fair I live in North Caroline, but I can't even imagine it getting as low as -20C let alone having to work on a day like that, but I guess if your used to it it's not as bad.  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:10 pm
Eviesee645

Tuesday it was the forecast of snow that cancelled school but it didn't actually come until like 5 pm
and Friday I guess some of the small towns in the county hadn't plowed yet? but where I am it was clear.

YIKES that's cold... through all of this our lowest point was like 7F (-14 C, 260K). I mean to be fair I live in North Caroline, but I can't even imagine it getting as low as -20C let alone having to work on a day like that, but I guess if your used to it it's not as bad.

Closed because it might snow, thats actually kinda really funny.

Yeah the black ice often causes crashes around here. Part of the reason I am glad I dont have a car here. Although I do miss being able to drive and do stuff.

Yeah she is pretty cold here, it is almost 7f here atm atm though so its not bad right now.

Well where I am from in NZ it almost never gets much below 23. Like in winter it will usually freeze over night and the climb into the low positives over the day. But I am in Canada to be able to experience different things, like a real winter.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:17 pm
Sagebomb
Eviesee645

Closed because it might snow, thats actually kinda really funny.

Yeah the black ice often causes crashes around here. Part of the reason I am glad I dont have a car here. Although I do miss being able to drive and do stuff.

Yeah she is pretty cold here, it is almost 7f here atm atm though so its not bad right now.

Well where I am from in NZ it almost never gets much below 23. Like in winter it will usually freeze over night and the climb into the low positives over the day. But I am in Canada to be able to experience different things, like a real winter.

I dunno what the news coverage is like the Canada, but right now Atlanta is the laughingstock of the country for really messing things up and ending up with a crazy gridlock for like an entire day because of maybe 1/2 an inch of snow. Back in 2005, that was my city lol. They didn't release schools early enough and no businesses were closed, so everyone left at the same time (including the busses from central office) and it took people like 10 hours to make a normally 30 minute commute and kids were trapped at school overnight. Ever since then my county doesn't take any chances.  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:32 pm
Eviesee645

I dunno what the news coverage is like the Canada, but right now Atlanta is the laughingstock of the country for really messing things up and ending up with a crazy gridlock for like an entire day because of maybe 1/2 an inch of snow. Back in 2005, that was my city lol. They didn't release schools early enough and no businesses were closed, so everyone left at the same time (including the busses from central office) and it took people like 10 hours to make a normally 30 minute commute and kids were trapped at school overnight. Ever since then my county doesn't take any chances.

I used to watch news every night. But when I started travelling and living in random places I kinda stopped so Im pretty out of date with news now. Yeah that is pretty funny. Like back home we dont get snow often but once every year or two is enough to keep people in practice.

That is pretty crazy though. If traffic wasnt moving I would probally just walk. I have walked a fair distance in foot deep snow. It is really slow progress but not too bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:46 pm
Sagebomb
Eviesee645

I used to watch news every night. But when I started travelling and living in random places I kinda stopped so Im pretty out of date with news now. Yeah that is pretty funny. Like back home we dont get snow often but once every year or two is enough to keep people in practice.

That is pretty crazy though. If traffic wasnt moving I would probally just walk. I have walked a fair distance in foot deep snow. It is really slow progress but not too bad.
Yeah I was in school and in hindsight I probably should have walked. School let out at like 10 and I didn't get home until 5, though I beat most of my family home, and school was probably like 3 or 4 miles away, though it's definitely not the most pedestrian friendly route.  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:57 pm
Eviesee645

Yeah I was in school and in hindsight I probably should have walked. School let out at like 10 and I didn't get home until 5, though I beat most of my family home, and school was probably like 3 or 4 miles away, though it's definitely not the most pedestrian friendly route.

Where I like back home there is a river I like to walk to now and again which is ~5km. (3mi). And that didnt really feel like anything.

But then I enjoy walking. Like back when I was at a place where I used to take a bus but the buses were like 30m apart, if I had just missed one I would walk until the next bus stop where I know I wouldnt be caught between bus stops.

Also being here although Im only 10 mins from the train I take to work there are a couple times I have got home completly covered in snow XD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:05 pm
Sagebomb
Eviesee645

Where I like back home there is a river I like to walk to now and again which is ~5km. (3mi). And that didnt really feel like anything.

But then I enjoy walking. Like back when I was at a place where I used to take a bus but the buses were like 30m apart, if I had just missed one I would walk until the next bus stop where I know I wouldnt be caught between bus stops.

Also being here although Im only 10 mins from the train I take to work there are a couple times I have got home completly covered in snow XD
Though... now that I think about it, I think a friend and I may have started to walk, but the administrators wouldn't let us? Yeah 10 minutes of Canada snow are probably a little different than 10 minutes of NC Snow  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:07 pm
Eviesee645
Though... now that I think about it, I think a friend and I may have started to walk, but the administrators wouldn't let us? Yeah 10 minutes of Canada snow are probably a little different than 10 minutes of NC Snow

The snow here is kinda crazy. The snow we get back home is really wet snow, big chunks and if you are in it for 10 mins you will probally be soaked.

But the snow here is super dry, like you can be covered in it...shake it off and still be totally dry. Which was a very new thing to me. But its all because of the temp, here it is just so cold all the moisture is gone.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Sagebomb
Eviesee645

The snow here is kinda crazy. The snow we get back home is really wet snow, big chunks and if you are in it for 10 mins you will probally be soaked.

But the snow here is super dry, like you can be covered in it...shake it off and still be totally dry. Which was a very new thing to me. But its all because of the temp, here it is just so cold all the moisture is gone.
That's crazy! I can't honestly I've ever been anywhere it's been like that  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:21 pm
Eviesee645
That's crazy! I can't honestly I've ever been anywhere it's been like that

With super dry snow? Yeah it was crazy, like walking through knee deep snow for ages and still coming out dry.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:45 pm
squeeeeeeeeee!!! congrads :3  

AngelAmy

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:44 pm
congratulations and good luck!  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash