Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Remove Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:10 am
xxxx× × ×xxxxTHExxxT E M P E S Txxx FAMILYxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxFAMILY TREExxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Antony Tempest, father of Johanna Tempest
Cara MiaKitty, profile posted at Blake family thread
xxx↪ Johanna Blake, daughter of Antony and Primrose Tempest
xxxCara MiaKitty

xxxFAMILY NPC'Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Avis Tempest, cousin to Antony

xxxOTHER FAMILYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[x] The Nott Family, via Callidora Nott (nee Tempest)
[x] The Blake Family, via Johanna Blake (nee Tempest)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRECENT UPDATESxxx

Date of Updates: 16 December 2017

xxxAntonyxxx
- - -
xxxJohannaxxx
- - -

xxxAccepted byxxx
❝Yukitty❞ 3/17/17
xxxUpdates Accepted byxxx
Weasley 5/28/18
xxxAccepted Charactersxxx
[Anthony 3/17/17] [Johanna 3/17/17]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 am
xxxxE D G A RxxxR E G I N A L DxxxT E M P E S Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx× × ×xxxxDECEASEDxxxx× × ×xxxx
(( as of early Winter 2027 IC // 26 November 2014 IRL ))

Hi, my name is Edgar Reginald Tempest

But I mostly go by Mr. Tempest, of course. Unless I choose to take a liking to you; then you may call me Edgar.

I'm a man.

I'm 70 years old.

My birthday is March 16th.

I am retired, though I was once member of the Department of Mysteries.

My dream job is nonexistent. Work is a job, it's not something one does for fun and therefore is not a thing to dream about.

My blood status is Pureblood.

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I was in the class of 1972.

I'm interested in women, of course. What a preposterous question.

I'm currently with my wife, Lenore, of course.

I may seem very uptight and uncaring, but I'm really... well, precisely like that, really, although I think 'uptight' has a rather negative connotation to it and I don't care for the term. I am merely very concerned with propriety, as I believe everyone should be. Sadly, this is often not the case.

My background story is that I come from a very old, very noble family of purebloods. My family has always been at the height of society and the like. We are revered and respected by all, obviously. Why wouldn't we be? We are what all people should aspire to be. My grandfather was once a close companion and confidant to the Minster of Magic of his day, although I believe they had a falling out at some point. My father was on the Wizengamot and was quite good at ensuring that those who were wrongfully accused to mistreatment of lesser being were not incarcerated.

I attended Hogwarts, obviously, and was sorted into Slytherin, as my entire family had been. I received top marks and was a favorite of all my professors worth mentioning. I was betrothed to my wife at a young age, so there was no bother with the distraction of romance, thankfully. After graduating, I was readily accepted into the Ministry, acquired a very prominent rank in my department, and worked very hard at it for the entirety of my time there. In that time, my wife gave birth to two children, my son Lysandar and daughter Callidora. Thankfully, Lysandar was born first, so we had a proper heir. Callidora was actually unexpected; we hadn't intended to have another child. But, when she came, we did what we could with her, although there were... problems. Rather than having her sent to Hogwarts at 11, we sent her to live with Lenore's family in France. Lenore's mother and sister had far more free time than either I or my wife, and so was able to dedicate the extra time necessary to properly educate her from home. We were surprised once more by a second son, Nikolas. One would think we'd have learned after Callidora, but alas, this was not the case. Nikolas was a good enough child in his youth, and it wasn't a chore to find him a wife, but... well, problems arose after the wedding.

Lysandar, thankfully, was a perfect child, and never troubled us. He, like I, got top marks and did a wonderful job building relationships and making allies while in school. He was betrothed to a proper pureblood woman like I was, and was wed just after he graduated. They then had one child, my grandson Antony, who, like his father, was a perfect student and had an arranged marriage. Antony, rather unfortunately, only had one child, a daughter, and his the pregnancy was too much for the woman to handle and died as a result. We have been trying to find him a new wife, someone who will hopefully give him a proper son, but as of yet, we've had no luck. And my youngest... well, when he and his wife had a child of their own, it was a boy. But, he is... a Squib. The very thought of it disgusts me. I attempted to persuade them to do the logical thing and simply give him up for adoption, but, well, they obviously refused. I had thought we'd done an excellent job raising him, as we did with his brother, but apparently not. They treat him like a true son, which I simply can't understand... it must be his wife. If we'd married him to another woman, he wouldn't be so foolish.

I enjoy few things. I supposed I'm fond of literature, and of history. I like my home. My wife is pleasant company, and I care for my family. But I don't know if I can truly say I enjoy anything.

I despise the weak, and the dirtied. Those who fail their obligations or muddy their lives with the presence of muggles and mudbloods. I also despise how very anti-wizard the Ministry is becoming. Equal rights for sentient magical creatures, this acceptance of vampires and werewolves and other tainted filth... and of course the muggles. Filthy things...

I'm afraid of my family line dying out because my grandson's wife failed to bare him a son, and he refuses to find a new wife.

My strengths are that I am cold and calculating. Emotions rarely sway me. Sometimes it is remarked that perhaps I do not have them. I've been accused of having a hairy heart, although I don't see this as an insult, despite that being how it is intended.

My flaws are... that perhaps I am to lenient with my grandson. He needs more discipline, I think. Perhaps I am growing soft in my old age...

I look like Ed Harris.

My wand is a Yew wand, with a Dragon Heartstring core, at 12 and a half inches long.

My pet is a Great Dane, named Cerberus.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy: E
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: O
Herbology: E
History of Magic: O
Potions: E
Transfiguration: O
Alchemy: O
Apparition: O
Arithmancy: E
Study of Ancient Runes: E
Wizard Law: O
World Studies: O
Wandless Magic Practice Class: O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Study of Ancient Runes: E
World Studies: O
Wandless Magic Practice Class: O

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 am
xxxxL E N O R ExxxJ O S L Y NxxxT E M P E S Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(( as of early Winter 2027 IC // 26 November 2014 IRL ))

Hi, my name is Lenore Joslyn Tempest

But I mostly go by Madame Tempest. Few have earned the right to call me Lenore.

I'm a woman.

I'm 68 years old.

My birthday is January 1st.

I am retired. In my youth, I taught etiquette lessons to the children of noble families before they were of age to attend Hogwarts. Some have criticized that I was unable to properly raise my own daughter, but they don't know the details and have no room to judge.

My dream job is... my, what a foolish thought. As if a person should aspire to work. No, quite the opposite, I aspire to live my years in luxury and have others to do my work for me.

My blood status is pureblooded, obviously. As if someone with my grace could be born of filth.

The house I was in was Slytherin, as was all my family before me and all my family since.

I was in the class of 1974.

I'm interested in men, of course. Anything else would be shameful.

I'm currently with my husband, Edgar, of course.

I may seem patient and even perhaps kind, but I'm really quite the opposite; every second I would spend teaching those loathsome children was like pulling my own teeth. I did it only because I saw that the noble families were beginning to fail, and knew someone had to take a stand. I did it out of duty. But I hated every minute of it. Children are such filthy creatures... I care little for anyone under the age of twenty.

My background story is that I was promised from the age of ten to marry Edgar. His family wouldn't commit to the engagement until we were both proven to possess magic. I've never known why the obsession. Perhaps their line has a history of Squibs? A disgusting thought, of course. Thankfully, I've not been cursed with one.

I attended school and did remarkably, of course, though I had little care for some subjects. I did fail those lessons, which had the nasty side effect of making my overall performance look poor, but it was worth it to simply not bother with those lessons. I was far more interested in keeping an eye on the goings on of my professors and fellow students. I doubt there was a person in that school who knew more than I about the secrets they were all hiding. It was all quite useful, too, particularly when I had to call in favors. The secrets of those who earned my silence are still locked behind my sealed lips. Those who didn't follow through on what I asked of them... well, their social statuses took drastic falls, to say the least. I do believe I got a professor fired, in fact... I pretended to be really broken up about it, but I was quite pleased.

I was fortunate enough to give birth to a proper heir, our son Lysandar. He was the perfect child, learned his lessons well and always followed instruction. Sadly, two years later we were surprised by our daughter Callidora, who was less than perfect. Even I was no match for the horrible manners she couldn't seem to break. My parents had moved to my mother's home country of France after I graduated from school, and my mother and older sister were both very free as their respective husbands had very demanding jobs and my sister had no children of her own. So, we sent Callidora to live with them, to be privately tutored rather than attending Hogwarts. After that was done, I was able to dedicate my efforts to my work (although I can't say I was pleased with that) and my... other interests. Namely knowing anything and everything I could about anyone and everyone. Which I am rather good at, actually. Eventually, I had a second son, who, while nothing like his brother, was at least an improvement than his sister. Or so we thought. After he was married, he and his wife Camille had a son. We were very pleased in the child's youth, but then he failed to show signs of magic, and upon turning eleven, did not receive a Hogwarts letter, meaning that he is a Squib. I was appalled. Still am, actually, particularly because his father continues to treat him as a proper member of the family, which he most certainly is not. He's filth. But, I suppose the least I can do is teach him to be a proper young man. He is still technically pureblood, I suppose, although the thought makes me shudder.

My eldest son, thankfully, was married to a young woman and gave us the next proper family heir, Antony. We were sure that our family would continue on... but Antony's wife birthed a female and died in the process. So as of now, we have no proper heir once he is gone. We have been trying to find him another wife so that he could try again, but sadly he is resisting. I haven't a clue why.

I enjoy knowing things. About people, of course, or anything else that would benefit me. I also enjoy fine wines and dinner parties, although only if only the most high-class of people are in attendance. I suppose I enjoy the company of my family, although Antony is a disappointment and his daughter more so.

I despise Filth. Mudbloods, halfbloods and Squibs are abominations. Muggles are simply lower beings. I also despise extremely hot weather, and clear days. I much prefer the rain. I also despise lesser being, although I understand the necessity of their existence at times. And... children. I absolutely hate children.

I'm afraid of people knowing as much about my secrets as I know about theirs.

My strengths are that I'm very clever and cunning. It comes in handy when I want something. And, I know all the things I need to ensure that I always get what I want.

My flaws are that perhaps I am a tad vindictive, and concerned with appearances... but then, appearances are everything, aren't they?

I look like Sigourney Weaver

My wand is a Walnut, with a Sphinx hair core, and 11 and 3/4 inches long.

My pet is an owl, named Hermes. He's a clever little thing. He spies for me, brings me my secrets.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy: P
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Herbology: T
Potions: D
Transfiguration: E
Alchemy: E
World Studies: E

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Wizard Law: E
World Studies: A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 am
xxxxL Y S A N D A RxxxC H A R L O TxxxT E M P E S T xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(( as of Spring 2035 IC // 20 June 2016 IRL ))

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              AGE 53

BIRTHDAY 28 April 1977

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 9 and 2/3 inches, Hornbeam with a Demiguise Hair Core, smooth and inflexible

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

FACECLAIM - - - [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Slytherin

CLASS OF 1995

BEST LESSONS
                  Charms
                  Transfiguration
                  Wandless Magic

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  World Studies
                  Herbology

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ T
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ P
                  Herbology ~ T
                  History of Magic ~ EE
                  Potions ~ EE
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Alchemy ~ A
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~ A
                  Muggle Studies ~ EE
                  Study of Ancient Runes ~ EE
                  Wizard Law ~ O
                  World Studies ~ T
                  Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ EE
                  Potions ~ EE
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Muggle Studies ~ O
                  Study of Ancient Runes ~ EE
                  Wizard Law ~ O
                  Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Inmate at Azkaban

DREAM JOB Murderer. Though, he prefers to think that he's 'cleansing' the wizarding world.

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ CRAZED Lysandar's sanity has always been questionable; his parents assumed that his more troublesome tendencies had been beaten out of him, but the fact was that he simply became better at hiding them. The most recent events in his life have pushed him over the edge.
              ■ CALCULATING Lysandar learned at an early age to be clever; it was a trait prized in his family, and one that served him well. He enjoys finding clever solutions to problems, and can often spend days plotting how best to go about his intended actions.
              ■ FIXATED He can be quite single-minded; he is almost fanatical in his attempts to attain his goals. Most recently, his fixation settled on his granddaughter, and his need to 'fix' her. This plan failed due to his own inability to cope with the emotional trauma of going through with his intentions.
              ■ ENTITLED Lysandar was raised to believe in the purity of his blood, in the nobility of his name, and that everyone who was less pure or noble than him was filth. His slip into madness hasn't dampened these beliefs. He still believes himself superior to most everyone he meets, and takes great pleasure in 'dealing' with those who are inferior.
              ■ COLD Affection was not something shown in his family; though he was the clear favorite among his siblings, he would be hard-pressed to offer evidence of that fact. The only people he can be said to've ever shown affection for are his wife and granddaughter, and even these instances were few and far between.
              ■ CRUEL In his youth, he enjoyed tormenting his younger siblings. This predilection for torture only grew worse with time. What started as amusement at his younger sister falling over eventually became full-blown enjoyment at the suffering of others, especially if it was at his hands.

Fine wine
                  Classical music
                  Memory charms
                  Winter weather

DISLIKES
                  Those of weak blood
                  His family
                  People in general
                  Rain
                  Being dirty

HOBBIES
                  Murder
                  Mayhem
                  Wizard's Chess

STRENGTHS
                  Excellent liar
                  Skilled at Charms

WEAKNESSES
                  Egotistical
                  Losing his grip on sanity

FEARS
                  Death
                  Fire

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Lysandar was the first child born to Edgar and Lenore Tempest, and was immediately named the heir to the family fortune. In his youth, he had a few less-than-noble habits, and an apparent joy at the pain of others. His parents, who were primarily concerned with image, attempted to break these habits, but they only succeeded in teaching him to be sneaky about it. He grew quite fond of tormenting his younger sister in particular, in no small part because she was a source of shame for the family as she was at the very least a late bloomer as far as her magic was concerned and believed to be a squib. When he couldn't find time to torment her, he would go after the muggle children who lived nearby. His parents were less bothered by this, but reprimanded him if he were caught because such behavior, while understandable to their minds, was still unacceptable.

SCHOOL YEARS In school, Lysandar was immediately sorted into Slytherin, as was expected of his family. He cared little for most of his studies, but managed to torture his fellow students into doing his homework for him in the lessons he didn't care for. This proved to be a problem when time came to take his exams and he received low marks in those particular lessons on his OWLs, for which he was punished. But, he maintained that he had done well on those lessons that were important, which his parents couldn't quite argue with. He had expected to be joined by his sister in school, but Callidora never came. Instead, he was informed when he returned home the Summer before what would have been her first year, she had been sent to live with his mother's mother in France, who was supposed to correct her unacceptable behavior. Lysandar was always suspicious of what had happened to his sister, but he never said anything, not caring particularly except that he had lost his favorite chew toy, so to speak.

POST GRADUATION After graduating, Lysandar was hired in the Ministry as an Obliviator. His choice of career disturbed his parents, who couldn't comprehend why he would wish to work so closely with muggles. Little did they know that it was merely another chance for him to let out his more sadistic side; he took great pleasure in stealing away the memories of muggles who happened to see anything magical, and would occasionally use his skill with a memory charm to torment a muggle and then wipe their memory of the event. He was also wed immediately after graduating, as was customary, to a woman of his parent's choosing. He and his wife were well-suited, and she is one of the few people in his life to whom he was rarely cruel. The pair had a son, who was named heir when Lysandar's younger brother's own marriage produced a squib rather than a proper, magical son. Antony had a child of his own, a daughter, but his wife died in childbirth. Lysandar tried for years to force his son into another marriage, but Antony always refused. It became apparent why years later; Lysandar heard rumors of his son cavorting out with a muggle, a man. Naturally, he was repulsed by the thought. This event was the thing that finally forced him over the edge; he murdered the man his son had been dating, along with every muggle inside the establishment the man had worked at. He then went to kill Avis, his squib nephew, thinking that the boy had corrupted his family, knowing that Antony was close to him. His attempt failed, and he was written out of the family and forced to go on the run. He found out later that his son and granddaughter had also been disowned, and sought them out, intending to take his granddaughter away from her father so that he could raise her properly. But, by the time he found them, it was too late, at least to his mind; when she arrived at Hogwarts, she was sorted into Hufflepuf, which to him meant that she had been corrupted beyond repair by her father and Avis. He broke into their flat one night to attempt to correct the problem the only way he knew how, by killing her, but his affection for the girl stayed his hand; he tortured her for four days while he tried to work up the nerve to do it. Antony's absence at work was noted and lead to the Aurors being informed; Lysandar was apprehended and taken to Azkaban.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Parents Edgar and Lenore ■ Brother Nicholas (NPC) ■ Sister-In-Law Camille (NPC) ■ Sister Callidora ■ Son Antony ■ Granddaughter Persephone ■ Nephew Avis
              FRIENDS - - -
              BEST FRIEND - - -
              ROMANTIC INTEREST - - -
              ENEMIES The Entire Bloody Wizarding World ■ Anyone not a pureblood witch or wizard ■ Blood traitors ■ His family
              PETS Snake named Medusa

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:52 am
xxxxC A L L I D O R AxxxJ U L I E T T ExxxT E M P E S T xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Callidora wed Remington Nott on February 23, 2028. Her profile has been moved to the Notts of Canterbury Family thread. All updates will be made there.

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Calli, Jules. Remington still calls her Dahlia.

AGE 48

BIRTHDAY 28 January 1979

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 10 and 1/3 inches, Chestnut with a Jobberknoll Feather core, inflexible with a decorated shaft.

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight

FACECLAIM Lena Headey [x] Uma Thurman [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED As far as anyone knows, she was homeschooled in France. However, in reality, she attending Hogwarts.

HOUSE Slytherin

CLASS OF 1997

BEST LESSONS
                  Charms
                  History of Magic
                  World Studies

WORST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Potions
                  Astronomy

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
                  Herbology ~ P
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ P
                  Transfiguration ~ EE
                  Arithmancy ~ EE
                  Healing Class ~ EE
                  Wizard Law ~ A
                  World Studies ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Arithmancy ~ A
                  Healing Class ~ A
                  World Studies ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Socialite, heir to the Tempest family.

DREAM JOB None; she despises the idea of working.

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ VAIN Callidora's favorite person is her. She is incredibly superficial, and refuses to be seen looking anything less than her best, even if the situation had hand is meant to paint her in a bad light. In fact, looking good while she's misbehaving serves her purposes just fine; it makes it more likely that she'll be able to succeed in her goals.
              ■ CONDESCENDING Raised in an incredibly old-fashioned pureblood family, Dahlia Wynters was quick to pick up the attitude of her parents when dealing with other people. Her immediate response when approached is to look down her nose at a person, and not to offer them anything until they prove they are her equal, in blood and wealth. She has no time for anyone who does not fit these criteria.
              ■ DESPERATE The events that led to the death of Dahlia Wynters and the (re)birth of Callidora Tempest have left her with little hope of caring for herself. She conceals it under a false bravado and the usual condescension, but in truth, she's desperate. The reason she clings so strongly to Remington is because she doesn't know what will happen to her if he decides she's a waste of his time, and that terrifies her.
              ■ ARROGANT At this point, all she really has left is her ego, and in spite of her fears, she has that in spades. In spite of everything that's happened to her, she can't help but feel as though the universe has done her a great injustice, because she deserves better.
              ■ SHORT-TEMPERED One talent she never quite gained as the ability to control her anger. She is easily infuriated, and has only gotten worse at not lashing out since adopting her new life. It's incredibly easy to set her off, and the consequences are escalating; where before she would simply fume and glare at everyone, she has begun acting violently.
              ■ SELFISH One thing that has never changed about her is that she has always been exceptionally selfish; she never saw anyone putting her first, so she decided that she would always do so. It bothers her on a level she doesn't care to admit that no one in her life seems to consider her important, but she makes up for it by always considering herself before anyone else.

Fine fabrics
                  Expensive jewelry
                  Gossip, particularly about her
                  Wealth

DISLIKES
                  Memories of her old life
                  Her family, both new and old
                  Muggles
                  Pain
                  The Estate

HOBBIES
                  Socializing
                  Drinking
                  Men

STRENGTHS
                  Confident
                  A good liar

WEAKNESSES
                  Vanity
                  Quick tempered

FEARS
                  The truth being discovered
                  Having no one to rely on

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD The original Callidora Tempest was the second born child of the Tempest family, and was always a great disappointment to her family. She seemed to lack the ability to carry herself with any sort of grace, and never showed evidence of magic. When she turned eleven and no Hogwarts letter arrived, her parents finally admitted that the worst was true; she was a squib. Edgar, a cruel man who cared little for the stain on his family name, arranged to get rid of her, in the most permanent sense. The family fabricated a story that she was sent away to France, and never spoke of her again. The woman now known as Callidora Tempest, the current heir to the family fortune, is a fake; she was born Dahlia Wynters, daughter to a noble pureblood family. She was raised to understand her place within the household as a woman as per her father's beliefs, something that was often challenged by her sister Selena. But, Dahlia saw how her parents viewed Selena, and distanced herself from her sister, believing she would do nothing but bring her down.

SCHOOL YEARS Dahlia was sorted into Slytherin once she arrived at Hogwarts, and proved that, when she applied herself, she was a good student. She didn't focus overmuch on her studies, but still managed high marks in most of her classes. Those were she did poorly were generally ones she believed were beneath her, such as Herbology and Potions. But, her true goal throughout school was to find a husband, from a family worthy of her own. She met Wesley Edgeworth, who was a year ahead of her, in her third year, and decided that he suited her well enough. It took her two years to secure him, but in sixth year, the marriage was arranged.

POST GRADUATION Immediately after they were wed, Dahlia and Wesley began attempting to have a child, but their efforts seemed in vain; it took her ten years to conceive an heir. The pregnancy was hard on her, and nearly killed her. For her trouble, she was cursed with a son, one who would prove a disappointment for most of his life. Dahlia has never understood why he seems to have a preference for the company of halfbloods; first a young girl in his childhood, and then one in his own year at school once he got to Hogwarts. His friendship with the second girl developed into a romantic relationship, which, among other things, caused a wedge between her and her husband when Wesley decided to accept their sons defection. She was driven by her shame and a desire for revenge into the arms of one Remington Nott. Dahlia attempted to use her affair to drag her husband's name through the mud, Wesley seemed more amused at it than anything else. Eventually, Dahlia snapped, and devised an ill though out plan to regain control of her life. She attempted to murder their House-Elf Brownie, and to take control of her husband's mind, but he broke her control and drove her from the house. Desperate, she went to Remington for help. He gave her a place to stay while he arranged a new identity for her, that of Callidora Tempest. The pair fought, leading to her attempting to flee, but she went through with his plan all the same, faking her own death and assuming her new life. Months later, she encountered Remington again, and they resumed their affair, which generally consists of them fighting. However, Callidora (the name she has now come to prefer over her own) discovered that Remington had a plan in mind for her; somehow, he was able to get her pregnant, and intends to marry her. Early that winter, Edgar and Lenore discovered her pregnancy. There was a brief argument, and Edgar attempted to physically restrain Callidora as she went to leave. She pushed him, and he lost his balance, falling into Lenore and throwing them both off a balcony. Callidora told the authorities that it was Lenore and Edgar who had fought, and that one of them had shoved the other, leading to their deaths. With no evidence indicating otherwise, the case was closed, and Callidora inherited the estate.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY 'Father' Edgar ■ 'Mother' Lenore ■ 'Brothers' Lysandar (disowned) and Nicholas (deceased) ■ 'Sister-In-Law' Camille ■ Sister Selena Wynters (disowned) ■ Brother Gregory Wynters (deceased) ■ Sister-In-Law Charlize Wynters ■ Nephews Seth, Alan and William Wynters ■ Nieces Marzaan and Branwen (disowned) Wynters ■ Son Damien Edgeworth
              FRIENDS - - -
              BEST FRIEND - - -
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Lover Remington Nott
              ENEMIES - - -
              PETS Owl Horace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:53 am
xxxxxxA N T O N Y xxxD E V O Nxxx T E M P E S Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxA B O U T MExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES »» Ani
              AGE »» 47
              BIRTHDAY »» 9 September 1997
              GENDER »» Male
              FACE-CLAIM »» »» Ewan McGregor
              BLOOD STATUS »» Pureblood
              WAND »» 13 inches, Hawthorne with Centaur Hair, supple and smooth
              LANGUAGES SPOKEN »» English, some Irish Gaelic, some French
              ACCENT »» »» Received Pronunciation
              PET »» - - -

xxx»» Muggle cinema
              xxx»» Music
              xxx»» Candy
              xxx»» Being social
              DISLIKES
              xxx»» Being alone
              xxx»» Bigotry
              xxx»» Alcohol
              xxx»» His past
              xxx»» Himself
              HOBBIES
              xxx»» Reading
              xxx»» Hiking
              xxx»» Cooking

xxxxxxP E R S O N A L I T Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

QUIET
              xxx»» Antony's father taught him one lesson as a child that he's never really grown out of; that he was to be seen and not heard. He rarely attracts attention to himself. His voice is soft, and he very rarely raises his voice. Typically, he keeps his thoughts to himself and refrains from taking part in conversation, unless his opinion is explicitly asked for. He's gotten better about this around people he's comfortable with, but in a public setting or among strangers, he reverts to this trait.

THOUGHTFUL
              xxx»» He is often lost in thought; he had few friends as a child, and has had fewer as an adult, and as a result, he is always thinking. He is often found staring off into space, his attention elsewhere. The result of being rather quiet and solitary is that his mind is rarely focused on the present. His attention tends to drift when not focused on something important. Unfortunately, given everything he's gone through, this trait often causes him distress. He tends to get wrapped up in his own misery and think continuously on the mistakes he's made.

MEEK
              xxx»» It's hard to say if Antony ever had much in the way of a will of his own. If he did, it was bullied out of him by his father at a very early age, leaving behind a soft-spoken man who would rather suffer in silence than speak out in his own defense. He was closeted for a good portion of his life as a result, and turned a blind eye to a lot of behaviors he now wishes he'd had the courage to act against. Even now, with his father and grandparents dead, he finds their shadows looming over him, controlling his tongue. Rather than make decisions for himself, he will often defer to his friends when looking for something to do. He is less inclined to ignore outright injustice, but even when he speaks out, it is quietly and without much bluster to back it up.

ASTUTE
              xxx»» s distracted as Antony can be, he is still an incredibly smart man, and very observant. Years of watching his father for the slightest change in mood or hint that he was displeased has made him very good at paying attention to the people around him. He knows how to watch a person for their tells, signs that they are lying, that they have a secret, that they are afraid, etc. In general, this knowledge is simply useful for how he interacts with them, though when the situation calls for it, he can easily use it to manipulate a person. His alcoholism and recovery have hindered this somewhat, as his memory isn't always great and he often forgets the things he's observed. But, now that he has maintained sobriety for a while, he is improving.

ANXIOUS
              xxx»» Antony has been through a lot in his life, and very little of it has been good. At this point, he's always waiting for the next blow to land. He obsesses over small worries, and tends to often assume the worst. For a long while, he used alcohol as a crutch to keep himself sane, but eventually had to admit that it wasn't a healthy path to take. Nowadays, he is constantly filled with restless energy. Whenever he feels an attack coming on, he goes out for some fresh air, or heads to the dueling range to blow off some steam.

ADDICTIVE
              xxx»» The trouble with being an addict is that, when a person chooses to get clean, they often simply replace one addiction with another. This is certainly the case with Ani; when he was disowned, he threw himself obsessively into his work, saying that he needed to ensure his success to continue to support his daughter. He slid easily down the slippery slope into alcoholism once his depression hit an all-time high, and didn't see fit to try and rouse himself out of it until it became apparent that his bad choices weren't only effecting him. Unfortunately, cutting one addiction out leaves you wide open for another; it's a very good thing that he's getting more and more active, because his diet is becoming increasingly sugar-based.

STRENGTHS
              xxx»» Kind
              xxx»» Clever
              WEAKNESSES
              xxx»» Low self worth
              xxx»» Succumbs easily to addictions
              FEARS
              xxx»» Losing his daughter
              xxx»» His bad decisions hurting the people he cares about

xxxxxxB A C K S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CHILDHOOD
              xxx»» Antony was born as the first and only son of Lysandar Tempest, the third heir in his family line, behind his father and Uncle Nikolas. He spent most of his childhood attempting to go unnoticed, mostly as an attempt to save himself from his father, who abused him, masking it as punishment for minor offenses. He wasn't particularly close to anyone in his family, except for his mother, who was always the exact opposite of his father, kind and affectionate (though only when they were alone).

SCHOOL YEARS
              xxx»» Antony was, like the rest of his family, sorted into Slytherin upon entering Hogwarts. Fearing his father's wrath should be be less than the best, Antony worked hard in school, but found himself relaxing the longer he was away from him and his grandparents. Free of their influence, he was able to open up. He was able to discover things about himself that he never had the courage to admit, fearing retribution; namely, that he disagreed with his family's purist ideology in regards to bloodlines, and that he is gay. Knowing he could never be honest with this family, he resigned himself to keeping his own secrets, and to continue living his life as they saw fit. While he was in school, his uncle Nikolas and Aunt Camille had a son of their own, though he would turn out to be a Squib.

ADULTHOOD
              xxx»» Upon graduation, Antony was immediately wed to a pureblood witch from an old family rather like his own. The marriage was an unhappy one while it lasted, facing the obvious difficulty of his sexuality and the fact that she agreed with his family concerning the importance of blood. Still, the pair managed to conceive a child, a daughter, which served as a disappointment to his family as she was not a proper heir, but whom he loved all the same. Her mother died in childbirth, something Antony has always felt guilty for regarding as a blessing, since it freed him of her presence and their child of her influence. Antony was always worried about the influence his father had on his daughter. Recently, however, through a tragic and terrifying turn of events, this has become a non-issue; Lysandar's growing frustration with the deficiencies of his son and nephew culminated in him making an attempt on Avis' life, resulting in the death of his Uncle and Aunt, as well as the disowning of all members of the family but his Aunt Callidora on the premise that they were all a failure to the family name.
              xxx»» Antony packed up his daughter and Ava and moved them away to Scotland, hoping that his father would never come looking for them there. Things seemed to be good enough, though the adjustment was certainly difficult. He was proud of Persephone when she was sorted into Hufflepuff, because he'd always thought that he might've been sorted there himself, except he was fairly certain the hat knew what would happen to him if he were. This suspicion was proven true when his father resurfaced after Persephone's first year of school, breaking into their flat and leaving him and Ava incapacitated for days while he tortured Persephone in the next room. Antony suffers nightmares to this day of his daughter's screams, though he never admits as much due to knowing she suffered so much worse during the ordeal. Eventually, Ava was able to get a message out when Antony's boss sent an owl demanding a reason for his absence from work. The authorities were alerted, and Lysandar was captured and sent to Azkaban.
              xxx»» The family returned to England at this point, the memories of what had occurred in Scotland driving them away. Their lives continued on, and Antony watched and struggled as his daughter grew up. On the one hand, he was terrified of anything bad happening to her, and wanted nothing more than to hide her away and keep her safe. On the other hand, she was already an anxious, insecure mess of a child, and his neurotic over-protectiveness only made it worse. He often found himself seeking out Belle for help, and she would remind him that his daughter (she started going by Jojo around age fourteen; he didn't blame her, since her grandfather had chosen her name) was a normal teenager, who deserved to do normal teenager things. He relented, letting her go on a trip out of the country with friends one year, provided she promised never to be apart from them while she was gone. Likewise, he allowed her some freedom around Diagon Alley, if only because the odds of anything bad happening to her there were slim. Mostly, he let her hang out around the tattoo parlor, which he frequented given that he'd begun seeing the owner.
              xxx»» Eventually, Jojo met a boy, which Ani had known was inevitable but still found shocking. He liked Kenny well enough, he supposed, and liked his family as well. In fact, Ani soon counted the boy's father Ciaran among his friends, a fact that bothered both their children. This only grew worse when Antony and London ended their relationship, as there were casual jokes tossed about by various parties that it was only a matter of time before Ani and Ciaran began to date. Ani found the jokes funnier than anything else, but tried to shut down anyone who made them in front of his daughter.
              xxx»» Things seemed to be just fine, until word got out that Lysandar had been broken out of prison. Ani contacted Kenny and informed him of what had happened. He didn't want to tell Jojo, as the information would be distressing a best, panic inducing at worse. But, he thought that Kenny knowing was best, since she was pretty much always with him when outside the castle. Unfortunately, this didn't protect her; she was kidnapped on her birthday her seventh year, gone without a trace.
              xxx»» Antony didn't know what to do with himself; by this point, he'd given up hope on protecting her. The authorities were doing their best, and even they couldn't find a trace of her. There was nothing he could do to help matters. Feeling broken and hopeless, he spent more time drunk than sober, willing the whiskey to numb him until he felt nothing. He was drunk the night Kenny told him they'd found Jojo and were going to save her, and his later memories of the conversation were written off as the deluded fantasy of a drunk until he was told she'd been rescued. Jojo was returned to him, albeit in a concerning condition. Her memories had been altered by Lysandar, who'd sought to 'fix' her by making her the person he'd intended to raise her to be. The original memories returned, but fear of making a mistake and breaking her psyche prevented anyone from attempting to remove the false ones. As a result, she suffered a split personality, and he, in a way, had two daughters. There was Jojo, the Hufflepuff who had been disowned and he'd raised, and Persephone, Lysandar's perfect doll. Antony strove to help her deal with her issues, but found himself struggling with Persephone's existence. She unnerved him, reminding him too much of his father. As things settled and the two halves of his daughter's psyche seemed to come to terms with one another, he got better, but he still finds Persephone unnerving.
              xxx»» It was concern for his daughter that inspired his return to sobriety; during the early months, Jojo's response to Persephone's existence was to get drunk and force her into a sort of void. She said that Persephone was quiet when she drank, and Antony found himself growing worried that his daughter had picked up on his bad habit. Eventually, he quit, and convinced her to do the same, with help from Kenny and her friends. To distract him from the anxiety caused by a clear head, Ani took to spending more time outdoors. Eventually, he met a man named Topaz Mortemer, who he got along with quite well and was good for helping him get out of the house. Topaz was an outdoorsman, something Ani couldn't claim of himself but would like to. Jojo wasn't quite happy about the relationship, mainly because she could see that her father's feelings for the man weren't strictly platonic, and she felt her father was being led on. But, it was his life, and she had her own to live. Jojo moved in with Kenny eventually, and Ani was left to distract himself with his social life and telly to fend off the desire to drink.
              xxx»» Things began to look up for Ani and his family. Jojo and Persephone settled into their home life easily enough, and Jojo got a job working at the music shop in Hogsmeade. Meanwhile, Ani maintained his sobriety and continued his friendship with Topaz. Eventually, Topaz asked Ani to meet him for coffee and confessed that he had feelings for him, which both surprised and delighted Ani. They began seeing one another officially as a couple rather than just friends shortly thereafter, much to Jojo's relief. Meanwhile, his daughter and Kenny eloped, which didn't surprise Ani in the least. More surprising was when they made him a grandfather of sorts a couple years later by adopting two orphans, Lillian and Abigail. Ani doesn't think the two girls like the family much just yet, but he's hoping they come around eventually.

xxxxxxS C H O O L AND C A R E E Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDED »» Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
              HOUSE »» Slytherin
              GRADUATED »» 2016
              OWL SCORES
              xxxASTRONOMY »» EE
              xxxCHARMS »» O
              xxxDEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS »» O
              xxxHERBOLOGY »» EE
              xxxHISTORY OF MAGIC »» O
              xxxPOTIONS »» EE
              xxxTRANSFIGURATION »» O
              xxxALCHEMY »» EE
              xxxCARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES »» EE
              xxxSTUDY OF ANCIENT RUNES »» EE
              xxxWIZARD LAW »» O
              xxxWANDLESS MAGIC PRACTICE CLASS »» O

NEWT SCORES
              xxxASTRONOMY »» EE
              xxxCHARMS »» -O
              xxxDEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS »» O
              xxxHISTORY OF MAGIC »» O
              xxxPOTIONS »» EE
              xxxTRANSFIGURATION »» O
              xxxSTUDY OF ANCIENT RUNES »» EE
              xxxWIZARD LAW »» O
              xxxWANDLESS MAGIC PRACTICE CLASS »» O

CURRENT JOB »» Works for the Office for the Improper Use of Magic
              DREAM JOB »» No dream job, he just wants to keep his head above water

xxxxxxR E L A T I O N S H I P Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SEXUAL/ROMANTIC ORIENTATION »» Gay
              RELATIONSHIP STATUS »» Taken
              SIGNIFICANT OTHER »» Topaz Mortemer

FAMILY
              xxx»» Daughter Johanna Blake Kenneth Blake Lillian and Abigail Cody
              FRIENDS
              xxx»» Best Friend Annabelle Ross
              xxx»» Darius Ross
              xxx»» Ciaran Blake
              xxx»» Topaz Mortemer
              xxx»» Siobhan Edgeworth
              xxx»» Wesley Edgeworth
              xxx»» Amata Harlowe
              ENEMIES
              xxx»» - - -
              ACQUAINTANCES
              xxx»» - - -

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:55 am
xxxxxxJ O H A N N A xxxE I L I Rxxx T E M P E S Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Johanna wed Kenneth Blake on July 26, 2038. Her profile has been moved to the Blake Family thread.

xxxxxxA B O U T MExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES »» Jojo, Persephone
              AGE »» 21
              BIRTHDAY »» 14 February 2015
              GENDER »» Female
              FACE-CLAIM »» »» Kesha
              BLOOD STATUS »» Pureblood
              WAND »» 10 and 2/3 inches, Larch with a Veela Hair core, springy with a decorated shaft
              MORE-THAN-AVERAGE »» Butterfly Animagus
              LANGUAGES SPOKEN »» English
              ACCENT »» Irish Received Pronunciation
              PET »» Owl Roxie

xxx»» Loud music
              xxx»» Butterflies
              xxx»» Quiet
              xxx»» Wintertime
              DISLIKES
              xxx»» Strangers
              xxx»» Closed-mindedness
              xxx»» Nuts
              xxx»» Dirt
              xxx»» Thunderstorms
              HOBBIES
              xxx»» Drumming
              xxx»» Reading
              xxx»» Games

xxxxxxP E R S O N A L I T Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OPEN-MINDED
              xxx»» Initially being brought up in a stuffy, pureblooded household, and subsequently being abandoned and tortured by the members of said household, left Jojo feeling very strongly about the ideas she'd been raised on up to that point. Namely, she thinks they're garbage. Partially out of rebellion and partially because she believes it's important to be a decent human being, she is exceptionally open-minded and accepting of other people, regardless of anything about them. The only thing she can't accept in a person is if they are particularly awful, or outright evil.

ANXIOUS
              xxx»» Due to the trauma in her past, in spite of her best efforts, Jojo isn't entirely over all of her issues. She does still have issues with anxiety, often imagining the worst when something bad happens. She will jump to negative conclusions about a situation fairly quickly, and can be difficult to talk down from these moods. For the most part, she can keep it under control herself, but when it's particularly bad, only certain people have the ability to calm her down.

AFFECTIONATE
              xxx»» Jojo greatly values everyone in her life. She personally feels like, with everything she's been through, she's a complete and utter mess most of the time. She knows she's better now than before, but she was still pretty bad before, and feels incredibly lucky to have people in her life who were willing to stick with her during that time. As a result, in spite of certain snarky comments and relentless teasing, she tries to make sure that every one of her friends knows how much she cares about them and how important they are to her.

FRIENDLY
              xxx»» Jojo likes people. She's skittish around strangers sometimes, but she tries not to be. She enjoys talking to others, about pretty much anything that interests them. She feels like overall, she has a lot of lost time to make up for. A recent boost to her confidence has left her wanting to correct all the errors she feels she made in regards to her social life when she was in a bad place.

INTELLIGENT
              xxx»» Of all the mistakes Lysandar Tempest made with his granddaughter, perhaps the biggest one was nurturing her sharp mind. He valued intelligence over all else, and wouldn't have ever stood for Persephone to be a dullard. She was naturally a bright girl, but as Jojo, her intellect had been hampered by self-doubt. Persephone lacked this barrier, and her natural gifts flourished under the tutelage of her grandfather. Of course, his need for her to be bright bit him in the arse when she used her brain to realize that things weren't quire right with the life she lived. Her natural curiosity and observational skills proved troublesome for him. But, now that she's free and fully aware of the truth of things, she is at least pleased that she benefited from things in some way.

STUBBORN
              xxx»» Constantly being told that you're not real and don't exist can have rather damaging effects on a girl's psyche. Particularly when that girl's psyche is in fact split down the middle, and one half knows for a fact that it is, in fact, not quite real. Understanding the truth of how she came to be made Persephone feel constantly attacked. Every little thing seemed to be a reminder that she was a figment invented by a madman, no matter how real she might feel. Rather than letting herself be bullied back into non-existence, she dug her heels in and refused to budge. Now, she has a much more balanced relationship with Jojo, and enjoys taking advantage of this trait when Jojo is too timid to stand up for herself.

STRENGTHS
              xxx»» Passionate
              xxx»» Clever
              WEAKNESSES
              xxx»» Suffers from PTSD
              xxx»» Bull-headed
              FEARS
              xxx»» Losing her loved ones
              xxx»» Vanishing

xxxxxxB A C K S T O R Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

»» FALSE MEMORIES UNDER SPOILERS ««

CHILDHOOD
              xxx»» Johanna, given the name Persephone at birth, was the first and only child born to Antony Devon Tempest. His wife, Evelyn, died giving birth to her. Upon her birth, her great-grandfather Edgar, the head of the Tempest family, was angered to learn that she was a girl, believing this to be a second failure in the family to produce a proper heir (the first being her father's cousin Avis, who is a squib), but her grandfather Lysandar decided that he would make the best of a bad situation. From the time she was three, he was teaching her how to be a proper, noble woman. Her father was greatly disturbed by the interest Lysandar had taken in his daughter, due to the fact that the man had abused him as a child. But, her grandfather doted on her, only ever harming her once, as a punishment for 'being very bad.' Johanna can't remember what she did to invoke this punishment, but learned the lesson well. Growing up, Johanna found herself in a very odd spot in her family. She wanted to please her grandfather and great-grandparents, but she also looked up to her father and loved her cousin Ava very much. Her father's distaste for his family and the family's hatred of Ava confused her, so she spent a lot of time trying to sort out how she felt about things like blood purity and lineages and nobility.

xxx»» Her understanding was finally clear when, just before she was to begin school, her grandfather went insane and attacked her cousin Ava. She doesn't remember much of what happened, only hearing shouts and screams, followed by her father bursting in on her with Ava close behind, and then being Apparated away. The three of them went to stay with a friend of her father's named Annabelle, who Johanna had never met before. Their lives changed drastically as, following the scandal and the additional discovery of her father's homosexuality, everyone but her Aunt Callidora was disowned, written out of her great-grandfather's will, and barred from the family estate. Things were difficult for a time, adjusting to the changes, but she generally felt that she, her father, and her cousin grew closer as a result. Freed from the influence of her more toxic family members, she began developing a much more accepting outlook on life.
              xxx»» Her understanding was finally clear when, at the age of ten, just preparing to enter her schooling at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, her grandfather very suddenly came to her room one night and took her away. Confused and afraid, she begged him to tell her what had happened, because something was clearly very wrong. Reluctantly, he informed her that her Uncle Nikolas, his wife Camila, and her beloved cousin Ava had all plotted together to kill her and her father. They were resentful, Lysandar told her, because they believed that, as a male, Ava should have been looked to as heir before Persephone. She was devastated to learn that her grandfather had been too late to save her father; they had succeeded in murdering him. Lysandar told her that he had killed her uncle and aunt in an attempt to save Antony, but Avis had escaped. Fearing both for his granddaughter's life and that he would be blamed for all three murders and left unable to protect her, he had taken her away, and into hiding, in case her cousin had a mind to finish what his parents had started. The child's perception of her family was shattered, and she vowed that she would always trust her grandfather and do as he said.

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR »» Johanna's first year of school was reasonably uneventful, save for the great surprise of her being sorted into Hufflepuff. She felt very out of place her first few weeks of school, but slowly grew more used to her house and its reputation. She eventually realized that perhaps it was a blessing to be sorted into the house of badgers, because she knows she made at least one friend, something she isn't sure would have happened had she been in any other house.
                  SECOND YEAR »» The Summer before Johanna's second year was the stuff of nightmares; her family had been found by her grandfather, who was intent on killing them all. But, he found when he went to kill Johanna that he didn't have the stomach for it. Angered by his weakness, he proceeded to torture her for days before a chance message from her father's employer led to her rescue at the hands of the very dashing Auror Darcy Bennett. However, she couldn't seem to relax or feel safe until she returned to Hogwarts. The school year was blessedly uneventful, aside from the Yule Ball, which Johanna attended with her best friend Emily, though she ended up 'ditching' Emily early in the night so that the other girl could be free to dance with a boy in their year she had a crush on. Johanna also began exchanging letters with Mr. Bennett, who was even so kind as to send her a Christmas present, much to her delight.
                  THIRD YEAR »» This year marked a few changes for Johanna; first and foremost, she decided that she was done being mousy and quiet and meek, and decided to actively try to be more out-going. She started going by a new nickname, Jojo, because she decided that 'Seph' was too weird and 'Persephone' was too old-fashioned. She also had her first date, though it didn't go remotely how she expected. It turned out that the boy who'd asked her out, Jesse, was actually just trying to determine if he were into girls or not. Still, she supposed it could have gone worse.
                  FOURTH YEAR »» This was a particularly eventful year for Jojo, and not in a bad way like her second year had been. After leaving school, she went on a trip to Germany with her friend Emily, along with three others. She spent much of the trip feeling like a fifth wheel, given that the other four all were apparently paired off with one another romantically, but nonetheless had fun. Upon returning to England, she met Kenneth Lowery on and outing to get an owl for herself, who she would continually run into over the course of the year, until eventually, he asked her on a date. In spite of her nearly cancelling and having a panic attack, it went well, and they began dating. The rest of the year was mostly a constant internal struggle for her, finding herself having anxiety attacks over seemingly inconsequential things, and teaching herself to pull back and calm down. She was, by the end of the year, much more successful at doing so than when it began, and is quite proud of her progress.
                  FIFTH YEAR »» Jojo was somewhat optimistic when she left school to return home at the end of her fourth year, but her optimism was short-lived. As the students made their way to the train, a group of dark wizards who fancied themselves the successors to the Death Eaters of the wizarding wars attacked Hogsmeade Village. Before Jojo could really react, her boyfriend apparated both herself and his cousin Prudence to Platform 9 and 3/4 to get them to safety, and promptly disappeared. When he returned moments later, with a couple of younger students in tow, she realized he was attempting to save some of the students who lacked the knowledge to protect themselves. Worrying for his safety sent her into a panic attack, and she passed out. After the danger had passed and she knew he was safe, she became ashamed of herself for her response. Certain that he'd realized she was more trouble than she was worth and would break up with her, she began avoiding him. Eventually, Kenny tracked her down, afraid she'd been considering doing the same because he'd abandoned her at the platform. During their attempt to work through the issue, Jojo confessed to him everything that had happened to her at the hands of her grandfather, in an effort to make him understand why she was so broken. To her surprise, he didn't break up with her, and instead said that it was his job to take care of her when she had problems. Her issues persisted, but she was comforted by the fact that someone cared about her enough to stick around, even knowing about everything. When she returned to school, she attempted to focus her efforts on studying for her exams, though admittedly she didn't focus nearly as hard as some people (Jesse and Elliott, for instance).
                  SIXTH YEAR »» Jojo didn't quite know when she made the decision to become an animagus; it had happened some time between taking her exams and getting the results. She decided that she needed something to prove to herself that, if she really focused her attention on something and fought for it, she could accomplish any goal she set for herself. Animagus transformations, being an incredibly difficult branch of magic, appealed to her for a good many reasons, the difficulty of the accomplishment being only one. The majority of her sixth year was spent fighting with her own insecurities and trying to convince herself that she could succeed. She had a very hard time convincing herself, though, until her seventeenth birthday. To celebrate, she elected to skip the Valentine's Ball being hosted by the school, and instead met Kenny in Hogsmeade for a date. An incident the previous Summer had her feeling especially insecure concerning their relationship, which had been a large part of why she was having so much trouble with her self-confidence as a whole. However, the date took an unexpected turn, and at the end, she was left feeling much more confident, both in the relationship, and herself. With the newfound confidence, she found she stumbled less than before, and at the end of the year, successfully became an animagus. The discovery of her animagus form seemed particularly appropriate, as she had felt a kinship with the transformation process butterflies underwent in their lifetimes for a while. To celebrate her newfound self and leave her past truly behind her, she and her father had her name legally changed from Persephone Johanna Tempest to Johanna Eilir Tempest.

xxx»» Lysandar was unable to risk allowing his granddaughter to attend school. He risked her safety long enough to take her to Ollivander's to get her wand, and then, they vanished. Persephone was taught magical theory by her grandfather, but never allowed to properly practice magic. Paranoid to the extreme, he was fearful that, should the Ministry find them because she had used magic outside of the school grounds of Hogwarts, he would be found guilty of the murders of the other members of the family, and she would be taken away from him. Eventually, he moved them to a secure location, an old holding in the family name that was unknown to anyone alive, except himself and his father. Many spells for protection and secrecy were woven over the property, and here he was finally able to teach Persephone magic. She was quick to learn, and eager to please. She was taught a good many things, including powerful dark arts, which Lysandar informed her she would need to know to protect herself, and to follow in his footsteps, which was her only ambition. She didn't quite understand, but grew to accept him, remembering her vow to always trust his judgement.

ADULTHOOD
              xxx»» Upon Persephone's seventeenth birthday, when the Trace broke, Lysandar took her from their sanctuary for the first time since they had come there. Moving through the shadows, he finally shared his secrets with her, telling her the truth of what he did when he left her alone and why. Her grandfather, she learned, had taken it upon himself to try and help 'right the world.' The corruption he had seen in his own family scared him, and he had realized that following the written law and acting as society allowed was not helping anything, and was actually allowing the world to become sick, a place where the innocent were harmed by the actions of the deranged and entitled. People like her uncle, aunt, and cousin, he told her. It took some time, but she began to understand that he was right; Lysandar was a powerful wizard, he couldn't simply stand back and not take action, and he wanted for her to be strong as well. The fight, he said, would not be over by the time he died, and he needed to know she would be safe when he was gone. The pair took up with a young witch named Rui, a dangerous woman, Persephone was warned, but a useful one. She had informed Lysandar that she wanted chaos, to watch the world burn. While chaos was not his objective, the world burning was certainly something that would benefit it, as it needed to be cleansed so it could grow new and fresh and pure. Persephone promised her grandfather that, in spite of her reservations, she would do as he asked, always, because she knew that his intentions were good, regardless of his actions. She reasoned that the end would justify the means, and trusted him completely.

xxx»» It was eventually determined that Persephone was old and skilled enough to accompany her grandfather on outings to 'recruit' for Rui. She would go out, in disguise, with her grandfather, and observe from a distance as he tried to entice young witches and wizards to take up 'the cause'. On one such evening, Lysandar left her to wait in an alley, as he had 'business' to attend to that she shouldn't be privy to. Persephone waited dutifully, until she was approached by a young man. He claimed to know her, but called her by the wrong name, referring to her as Jojo. Something about him disturbed her. For some time she had been noticing and subsequently ignoring odd little inconsistencies in her own life. For one, she had a tattoo and a piercing, neither of which she remembered getting, and which her grandfather certainly wouldn't have allowed. A tattoo that the young man knew about, which he claimed to have given her. She denied it at the time, but his words only deepened the cracks. He'd seemed familiar. He'd known about her tattoo. But, she convinced herself that he was lying, somehow.
              xxx»»She found herself questioning everything. When her grandfather returned to the keep one night with a boy, a redhead he called Pancras, that same odd familiarity hit her. She avoided the boy as much as she could, though her grandfather tried to push her at him at every opportunity. She rather got the feeling that he was trying to set them up, in fact. But, she was too put off by the sense that she knew him to ever go for it.
              xxx»» Technically speaking, she supposed, she was right to be suspicious of him. One night, the keep was broken into, a feat she'd been told was impossible. Of course, its supposedly impenetrable nature relied on none but a select few being granted access, and access had been granted to the wrong person in this case. Pancras, it turned out, was a spy, sent in to find her by the young man from the alley. Once he'd earned some modicum of trust, he'd snuck the two of them, along with two Aurors, into the keep to 'rescue' her. She doesn't quite know what happened in the encounter; she was knocked out rather early on, and when she woke up, she wasn't quite herself.

xxx»» Elliott used his mind magic to help determine just how bad Jojo's state of mind was. He then painstakingly removed the charm Lysandar had used to hide away her true memories. But, too afraid of the consequences should he make a mistake, it was decided that he would leave the false memories as well, and that he, Kenny, and Jesse would work to help keep her straight on what was and wasn't real.
              xxx»»It was a struggle for a long time. 'Persephone' didn't magically go away just because Jojo's memories were restored. She persisted, fighting Jojo tooth and nail, first trying to prove that Jojo's life was the lie, and eventually trying to prove that, even if she wasn't quite real, she shouldn't be forced to retreat. Jojo, for her part, resented Persephone's existence, and fought her on everything, even when it didn't really matter. Jojo did everything she could to suppress Persephone, covering herself with tattoos to prove her autonomy and drinking constantly to drown her out. The behavior became worrisome for the people who cared about her, and she was eventually forced to get sober and see a Mind Healer. Eventually, after a lot of exhausting compromises and long therapy sessions, the two came to something of an agreement. They behave more like sisters now, which is rather odd, given that the occupy the same mind and body. Slipping steadily closer to something approaching sane, they agreed to try and be more responsible, and not let their oddness hinder them. Moving out of their father's flat and in with Kenny was a decent first step, and getting a job seemed a logical follow up. She was hired on at Dominic Maestro's in Hogsmeade, taking advantage of a somewhat familial relationship (Kenny being a werewolf, and packmates with the owner's husband) to earn the job.

xxxxxxS C H O O L AND C A R E E Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDED »» Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
              HOUSE »» Hufflepuff
              DROPPED OUT »» Seventh Year - 2033
              OWL SCORES
              xxxASTRONOMY »» A
              xxxCHARMS »» EE
              xxxDEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS »» EE
              xxxHERBOLOGY »» P
              xxxHISTORY OF MAGIC »» A
              xxxPOTIONS »» P
              xxxTRANSFIGURATION »» EE
              xxxART »» EE
              xxxCARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES »» A
              xxxCOOKING WITH MAGIC »» A
              xxxDIVINATION »» P
              xxxMUGGLE ART »» A
              xxxMUGGLE MUSIC »» A
              xxxMUGGLE MYTHOLOGY »» A
              xxxMUSIC »» O
              xxxWANDLESS MAGIC PRACTICE CLASS »» EE

CURRENT JOB »» Shop Assistant at Dominic Maestro's
              DREAM JOB »» Musician

xxxxxxR E L A T I O N S H I P Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SEXUAL/ROMANTIC ORIENTATION »» Straight
              RELATIONSHIP STATUS »» Taken
              SIGNIFICANT OTHER »» Kenneth Blake

FAMILY
              xxx»» Father Antony Tempest
              FRIENDS
              xxx»» Best Friend Jesse Calvert
              xxx»» Kenneth Blake
              xxx»» Gypsy Lovette
              xxx»» Jeremy Lovette
              xxx»» Elliott Holt
              xxx»» Dorian Xanders
              ENEMIES
              xxx»» - - -
              ACQUAINTANCES
              xxx»» Jessamine Xanders
              xxx»» Miles McLellan
              xxx»» Morven Vass
              xxx»» Emmet Hughes
              xxx»» Alex Quimby-Scott
              CO-WORKERS
              xxx»» Boss Newlyn McLellan
              xxx»» Samuel Lambert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:54 pm
Character NPC'ed as Grey has stated that when/if she returns she will not be picking up old characters

Hi, my name is Avis Atlantis Tempest.

But I mostly go by Ava. To people who like me, I mean. It’s usually Atlantis. Or ‘you.’ It’s mostly ‘you.’ I like it when people call me Ava, though.

I'm a male.

I'm nineteen years old.

My birthday is December 24th. Christmas Eve. It feels like there’s a celebration for each one of my birthdays.

My dream job is to work in a bookshop, maybe? Or a therapist or a writer? I’d like to do something with people. Teaching or counselling? Maybe animals too. A menagerie? I have yet to decide.

My blood status is pureblood, but I’m a Squib.

The school I am going to does not exist, unless you count home-school?

The house I'm in is the Tempest family residence. I’m being a bit smart, I know.

I'm interested in what I’m interested in. I don’t like labels.

I'm currently with no one, to my dismay.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very odd. I enjoy reading but I would like to spend more time with other people. Other people are such interesting beings, you know? They’re so different from one another. But I’m used to being on my own, so it’s alright that I don’t really talk to many of them. Except my family, of course--- but that’s my family. Or family. They dislike it when I refer to them as ‘my family.’ I’m shy, and bookish and really quiet. I’m fairly intelligent, I think, that’s the one thing the family says is actually decent about me, that I can understand things. I tend to slip between the “real world” and “my real world” quite a lot and often I don’t notice what’s going on--- actually, that’s a lie, because I do and I don’t like to notice that I notice, does that make sense?--- and I make a twisty conversationalist.

My background story is much better than what could have been. It wasn’t very pleasant, of course. That was a bit of a given, there. It was a mistake, a big folly to regret, was how my existence was referred to. They said my parents once thought that as well, but they’ve changed their ways? I was born into a pureblood elitist family. That speaks volumes right there, what with me being a Squib. It was difficult growing up with the family’s dislike for me so evident and regularly acted upon. The comments, and the tongue lashings were alright. It was a bit easier to bear, because I could simply choose not to listen. My uncle was more physical in his expression of enmity. It was difficult and still is difficult living and growing up with much hatred in the family, but I did have people who treated me well, and that is enough for me. My parents, for one. They’ve done much for me, teaching me how to act, what to do and how to deal with the words. They’ve also done their best to shield me and although they could never always be successful, it was enough. Oddly enough, the others are Antony and Seph. I find this extremely amusing, since their paterfamilias--- simply speaking in their own family sense--- is great-uncle Lysander. I’m still thankful, they are my companions in this house and have taught me many things and shown and told me about such. It is a life difficult to explain. What would that say about me?

I enjoy books, being around books, people, food, animals, the outdoors, practicing with my knives and my less enmity-set relations.

I despise having my existence questioned, stale food, when I find dog-eared pages, being locked up, being caught without a knife on my person and being punished.

I'm afraid of dying alone.

My strengths are making people feel at ease, so I’ve been told. I have a very non-threatening presence, partly because I am very non-threatening. Also, my intellect, how I apply it when I interact with other people..

My flaws are my shyness? I am hesitant in many of my conversations until I believe they would not harm me. I have a low self-esteem as well.

I look like Joe Sugg.

My wand is non-existent. I’m a Squib.

My pet is a Kangal, officially. Darwin is what I call him. Darr, for short.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I know I’ve mentioned it a few times, but I’m a Squib. I connect very, very well with animals. Sometimes I feel as if I can ‘talk’ to them better than I can people. They seem to feel the same way, I think.

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items