Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Things that will NOT change your life Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IM READY
  For Thanksgiving rush!
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 am
Not change your life in ANYWAY really.
These are little things that irritate me, that I need to say before I have a nice busy week at work~

1. Pepperonicini peppers and banana peppers are NOT the same thing. Banana peppers are sweeter, pepperoncinis have a bit more kick.
2. FETA CHEESE IS NOT MADE FROM SHEEP/GOAT MILK. It is made of cow's milk. There is a district in Greece said to make it from sheeps milk but the majority is not. The flavor profile is very tangy though, which confuses people.
3. Rockford Blue Cheese is special only because it uses sheep's milk. It's Danish (PRIDE FACE).
4. Any togo place that knows what it's doing will NEVER PUT DRESSING ON A SALAD to be taken home. It's amateurish and will DESTROY the salad. Saying to put the dressing on the side is redundant.
5. If a restaurant has it, they can make it for you, but don't expect not to pay for it.
6. DON'T FORGET THE RANCH. I'm gonna charge you for it, credit, cash, I will do it. Be prepared.
7. We are not Pizza Hut. We do not have a hand tossed, we have a traditional. I will program you, customer.
8. You live out in the boonies. You chose your multimillion dollar house out there for the seclusion you have no right to get pissed that we'll meet you three miles away from your house and like 8 away from our business. CHILL. OUT.
9. Marriot people, shut up. Keep your pants on when you order a pizza and don't turn off your phone.
10. I know I have a wonderful voice old lady who orders like every day, you don't have to tell me all the time, though I am as always flattered. c:  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:18 am
Number eight sounds like a problem typical of Texas to me ninja  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Number eight sounds like a problem typical of Texas to me ninja

It is.
I mean...you have no idea lol.
Because of the spacing here we give like 45 minutes for each delivery, what we say is exaaaactly, "*Verify order* We'll have that out to you in 30-45 minutes."

There are these four fenced communities called Blue Lake, Deer Haven, Sandy Harbor, and The Trails that we don't deliver to their doors but we meet them on 2831 at these storage unites or at this church on 71 and they get BITCHY.
And I'm just like..."#8" lol

User Image

The black circle are where these areas are, the red circle is where the business is. So we're really going WAY MORE than half way to get them food and no one else delivers out there so PPPFPFPFPFPFFFFFT.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:40 am
Citrus Novii
So we're really going WAY MORE than half way to get them food and no one else delivers out there so PPPFPFPFPFPFFFFFT.

I think that in and of itself they should be grateful for :3

This is why I wouldn't want to live in the middle of nowhere. I like having places I can buy s**t at being nearby.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Citrus Novii
So we're really going WAY MORE than half way to get them food and no one else delivers out there so PPPFPFPFPFPFFFFFT.

This is why I wouldn't want to live in the middle of nowhere. I like having places I can buy s**t at being nearby.

You would think lol~
But alas.

I KNOW RIGHT?
HSB is already like, in the country, but they chose to live in the outskirts of the country there's like NOTHING out there no gas station, no groceries, nothing.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:45 pm
Citrus Novii
You would think lol~
But alas.

I KNOW RIGHT?
HSB is already like, in the country, but they chose to live in the outskirts of the country there's like NOTHING out there no gas station, no groceries, nothing.

No phone! No lights! No motor cars! Not a single luxury!  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Citrus Novii

2. FETA CHEESE IS NOT MADE FROM SHEEP/GOAT MILK. It is made of cow's milk. There is a district in Greece said to make it from sheeps milk but the majority is not. The flavor profile is very tangy though, which confuses people.

Since 2002 feta has been a protected designation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_Protected_Designations_of_Origin_cheeses

If its not made with real sheep or goats milk then its not really feta.

"Traditionally (and legally, within the EU), feta is produced using only whole sheep's milk, or a blend of sheep's and goat's milk (with a maximum of 30% goat's milk)"

I guess the US dosent respect these things emo

It makes me sad when countrys just choose not to respect product rights especially when protected (at least in places that respect protection). Hense why when I get feta I expect it not to be some cow milk knockoff.

Add ons are addons, but pay for addons....duh. (Unless used as a promo...aka get 2 x Something get free something....since they profit for the extra sale will usually cover the cost of the other thing (unless its a loss leader).

I know places that deviliver futher for a extra fee....rich people are often happy to pay more to be lazy....not all though.

You mean your phone isnt programmed to know what suite they are in? XD

Eh, you are probally they only person talks to daily, let her love you XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:08 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Citrus Novii

I grew up in the middle of nowhere. I like that I can go for a nice 2am stroll and know that the only thing scary is when you walk past a paddock and some cow moos and catches you off guard.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Since 2002 feta has been a protected designation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_Protected_Designations_of_Origin_cheeses

If its not made with real sheep or goats milk then its not really feta.

"Traditionally (and legally, within the EU), feta is produced using only whole sheep's milk, or a blend of sheep's and goat's milk (with a maximum of 30% goat's milk)"

I guess the US dosent respect these things emo

It makes me sad when countrys just choose not to respect product rights especially when protected (at least in places that respect protection). Hense why when I get feta I expect it not to be some cow milk knockoff.

Add ons are addons, but pay for addons....duh. (Unless used as a promo...aka get 2 x Something get free something....since they profit for the extra sale will usually cover the cost of the other thing (unless its a loss leader).

I know places that deviliver futher for a extra fee....rich people are often happy to pay more to be lazy....not all though.

You mean your phone isnt programmed to know what suite they are in? XD

Eh, you are probally they only person talks to daily, let her love you XD

I didn't really cross reference lol~
Too bad it showed xD
But yeah, Feta you typically find here is cow.

Our fee is $3.50 across the board. 3nodding

WELL THE MARRIOT THING, they won't let us into the rooms because of security reasons, so we need their room number in case they don't answer the phones, their phone number so we can call them when we're 5-10 minutes away from being there to meet them in the lobby. It's literally like 5 miles away too (and I think I'm exaggerating on that), but wah, people on vacation don't give no @#!*s. I've had to wrangle some valets before to go knock on hotel room doors. Of course, if they're not there in 20 we just leave.

Well I get it alot from older people that I have a good phone voice. rolleyes
This lady though is like our best customer, orders maybe 4 + times a week, and tells me like every time lol. So, I try. She's been ordering since I started working at PMia when I was 16, so there's the whole voice recognize know exactly where you live thing too with her nad me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:19 am
Citrus Novii

Too bad it showed xD

WELL THE MARRIOT THING, they won't let us into the rooms because of security reasons, so we need their room number in case they don't answer the phones, their phone number so we can call them when we're 5-10 minutes away from being there to meet them in the lobby. It's literally like 5 miles away too (and I think I'm exaggerating on that), but wah, people on vacation don't give no @#!*s. I've had to wrangle some valets before to go knock on hotel room doors. Of course, if they're not there in 20 we just leave.

This lady though is like our best customer, orders maybe 4 + times a week, and tells me like every time lol. So, I try. She's been ordering since I started working at PMia when I was 16, so there's the whole voice recognize know exactly where you live thing too with her nad me.

Feta is kinda like champagne...I guess you can probally get champagne made in the US which violates the product rights as well. But at least for now there is no protection on feta in the US, but there is in Europe. Im pretty sure back home we mostly respect it to because we respect culture like that. Like we make our own, but its still mostly sheep or goat. But then we have a lot of sheep XD. I could see how hipster texans would want what the EU says is correct though.

Maybe you could survey these people and see if they would be willing to pay more...and how much more...if it would be worth your time.

Yeah I know hotel security is pretty strict like that. The last camp I worked in had a strict no phones and no outward calls by campers unless through the office phone rule. And fast food places have also been told not to deliver to the camp unless ordered from specific people. But kids still order things like pizza...and get it delivered to one of the gates which is a bit of a walk from the cabins...and do a dogey trade on the side of the road XD.

Customers love it when you know them. And if a place knows you you feel compelled to return. I mean its like I wouldnt mind paying a extra dollar for a coffee at a coffee shop where the person making them knows me and asks me about relevant things (not just small talk).  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 am
Sagebomb
I grew up in the middle of nowhere. I like that I can go for a nice 2am stroll and know that the only thing scary is when you walk past a paddock and some cow moos and catches you off guard.

Bah, I've strolled in cities at 2AM before and I was fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:06 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Bah, I've strolled in cities at 2AM before and I was fine.

[racism]Yeah but Im white emo [/racism]  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:13 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Too bad it showed xD

Feta is kinda like champagne...I guess you can probally get champagne made in the US which violates the product rights as well. But at least for now there is no protection on feta in the US, but there is in Europe. Im pretty sure back home we mostly respect it to because we respect culture like that. Like we make our own, but its still mostly sheep or goat. But then we have a lot of sheep XD. I could see how hipster texans would want what the EU says is correct though.

Maybe you could survey these people and see if they would be willing to pay more...and how much more...if it would be worth your time.

Yeah I know hotel security is pretty strict like that. The last camp I worked in had a strict no phones and no outward calls by campers unless through the office phone rule. And fast food places have also been told not to deliver to the camp unless ordered from specific people. But kids still order things like pizza...and get it delivered to one of the gates which is a bit of a walk from the cabins...and do a dogey trade on the side of the road XD.

Customers love it when you know them. And if a place knows you you feel compelled to return. I mean its like I wouldnt mind paying a extra dollar for a coffee at a coffee shop where the person making them knows me and asks me about relevant things (not just small talk).

'Merica don't give no damn lawl.
xD
Well, that whole thing came from this lady who was in the store and was asking for goat cheese on her salad, and then we were all, "Well we have feta." and she was all "Same thing."
We didn't correct her, but it's been a pet peeve of mine since then.

That's the trick about the delivery thing because the trails and stuff are actually closer than our farthest point which is Applehead Island, but there is a huge profit difference between a $20.00 and on average an appleahead order is anyhwere from $80.00-$150.00. But the trails are only closer in solid miles though, if you count that there's no access road it would take 45 minutes there and back where as appleahead takes 30 minutes round trip.

Maybe in the future. We HAD the price raised to $5.00 but we were losing customers that way. So we just changed it to a flat rate. :> My old boss changed the fee to line her driver's pockets.

It's true, it helps that I have a weird ability to remember things about people. Like, remembering orders and stuff and names. It's my talent xD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:41 pm
Citrus Novii

'Merica don't give no damn lawl.
xD
Well, that whole thing came from this lady who was in the store and was asking for goat cheese on her salad, and then we were all, "Well we have feta." and she was all "Same thing."
We didn't correct her, but it's been a pet peeve of mine since then.

That's the trick about the delivery thing because the trails and stuff are actually closer than our farthest point which is Applehead Island, but there is a huge profit difference between a $20.00 and on average an appleahead order is anyhwere from $80.00-$150.00. But the trails are only closer in solid miles though, if you count that there's no access road it would take 45 minutes there and back where as appleahead takes 30 minutes round trip.

Maybe in the future. We HAD the price raised to $5.00 but we were losing customers that way. So we just changed it to a flat rate. :> My old boss changed the fee to line her driver's pockets.

It's true, it helps that I have a weird ability to remember things about people. Like, remembering orders and stuff and names. It's my talent xD

I was actually thinking of making a Merica refference when I wrote it XD. Glad you picked up on it.

Your pet peeve is wrong...XD ninja

But have you considered that in this case you were both right? Her with the asumption that feta is goat (which is legally true in some countrys) and you knowing how the stuff you get is made?

Although "Nah we we the American version of feta" dosent sound like a upsale point to me. So I wouldnt say anything either unless I was asked what my feta was made with.

Ahh so the sale itself more or less covers the increased distance? Do you have a minimum order? I dont think I have ever ordered food delivered to my door.

Yeah I have a bad memory for things and people, especially if I only heard about it. But when it comes to animals I remember things much clearer. Like animals I have looked after, or other peoples pets, thier pets personalitys, and things thier pets did.

I am very much a visual-kenetic learner/memory person.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash