Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The League Family Home Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 am
User Image
The League Family
Located in the neighborhood of Belgravia in London, England
The League Family Home is a four story townhouse located in Belgravia one of the most affluent neighborhoods of the city of London. It has several bedrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a formal living room. In all appearances it is typically a usual Muggle home at the insistence of Sinclair Alfred-Jon League, a squib, but his wife hides random magical trinkets and often uses magic when her husband is away at work.

Cathy inherited the home once her father was murdered and has kept much of the home the same. She does not use the master bedroom where her father was murdered, though, and rarely goes to this part of the house or her father's study which she has left untouched.
The First Floor

User Image
The Second Floor
User Image
The Third Floor
User Image
Fourth Floor-Cara'sArt Studio connected by a spiral staircase in the Master Bedroom

The Interior

Public Areas
The Main Staircase
The Kitchen
Main Dining Room
The Living Room
First Floor Bathroom

Guest Rooms
2nd Floor Guestroom
3rd Floor Guest Room

Private Areas
The Master Bedroom
Formerly David'sBedroom (now guest room)
Cathaline's bedroom
Sinclair'sStudy
3rd Floor Guest Room-->Remodeled to: Leah's nursery

5 Bedrooms//3 Bathrooms//1 Laundry Room//1 Study//1 Master Suite (Bedroom with in suite Bathroom)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:18 am
Family Locations:

User Image

xxxCathaline Acacia Leaguexxx
            xxxxxCalled Cathy or Catie by family
            xxxxxHufflepuff Alumni
            xxxxxOriginally believed to be a Squib by her family
            xxxxxIs fluent in English, Latin, French, Mandarin Chinese, and German

xxxxxxxis currently
            xxxxxxxAT HOME

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 am
                  User Image

xxxCharliexxx
                  xxxxxFormerly Dr. League's, now Cathy's
                  xxxxxGift to Dr. League after David acquired the cat as a kitten from his OWL exams
                  xxxxxBritish Short Hair

xxxxxxxis currently
                  xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxMeimei or 妹妹xxx
                  xxxxxOwned by Cathaline League
                  xxxxxBurmese Cat
                  xxxxxName is Chinese for "Little Sister"

xxxxxxxis currently
                  xxxxxxxAT HOME

--------------------------------------------------------

Every Family Has It's Secrets:

❖How the union between Sinclair League and Cara Avery started:
Sinclair League and Cara Avery both grew up in the town of Tinworth, a village that was a mix of wizarding and muggle families, in Cornwall, England. Both were from old moderately wealthy pureblood families. Everyone but Sinclair's mother in his family were Slytherins and everyone in the Avery family were Slytherins. Sinclair has an older brother and sister and two younger brothers. He is the disgrace of the family since he is the only known Squib ever born to the family. Cara has four older brothers and two older sisters. The oldest in her family is one of her sisters and she is generally considered a half heir with her second brother. There is a ten year difference between Cara and her second youngest sibling. Sinclair is 8 years Cara's senior and on occasion would watch her to literally make sure she didn't literally burn the house down during the summer when she was 8 and 9 while her father was at work and on the occasions her mother would make social calls. It was during those summers Cara claimed she fell for Sinclair because he was handsome, smart, and treated her respectfully as long as she let him study in peace. He also would occasionally take her down to the shore where he would study or draw and let her play or draw.

Over the years, Cara went on to attend Hogwarts and Sinclair by all means seemed to disappear. She had heard rumors he went on to study at the muggle university Cambridge and went on to move to London, but he didn't keep in contact with his parents beyond his parents to make a monthly contribution to a Muggle bank account.

Imagine Cara's surprise when a year after Hogwarts, after she joined the Ministry of Magic in the Obliviator Office, a place that suited her since she was remarkably skilled in charms and had taken Muggle Studies, and spotted a man that looked identical to her childhood love in the streets of London. During that time she was living with her cousin Acacia in a small flat in London above a Muggle pub near one of her favorite entrances to the Ministry. Acacia had been working in the Department of International Cooperation and her boyfriend, a half-blood Gryffindor Cara had dated for a month back in third year (Edwin Ryans) was working night-shifts as a healer at St. Mungo's.

Cara usually made a habit of walking the muggle streets just to familiarize herself more with muggles and that may have been why she had seen the man in the first place. Curious she followed him, wanting to confirm her hope. She found him enter a fancy restaurant where he was met by an averagely pretty woman dressed up who greeted him warmly, and he asked for a table under the name League and that was enough confirmation for her. She of course, convinced Acacia to join her in her investigation, and soon they found out his habits-such as his favorite coffee shop after his work at clinicals where they convinced Edwin to start working part time as a barista to have Cara have an excuse to visit the coffee shop.

After six months of plotting and casual conversations between at first Edwin and Sinclair, then Cara (who lied and said she was a secretary) and Sinclair, and finally a nasty break-up between Sinclair and his girlfriend in front of the coffee shop, Cara and Sinclair started dating. Much to Edwin's relief he could quit and not have to have a part time job and full time job and merely said of the incident, "Father told me not to date Slytherins... the crazy things you two rope me into." Ironically, he end up marrying Acacia, who was a Slytherin, which led to her being disowned from the Avery family.

In the end, Cara lied about her job with the Ministry of Magic, knowing Sinclair as a child, being a witch, her birthplace, and where she went to school, till the night after their honeymoon. It was two years after Sinclair and Cara had met again. Sinclair refused to speak to her for the two week honeymoon in the Ireland countryside. It was until they were driving back to the airport he finally said, "My cats like you at least better than my ex, at least. You went through a lot of work to set up meeting me again..."

She glanced at him and shrugged, "Like I said, you were my first love."

"That's ridiculous: you were eight and nine," He answered. "Anyways, it was pretty stupid of you to go through all that work just to marry a Squib, especially one who wants nothing to do with the wizarding world. I mean, there's rumors about the Avery's being Death Eaters and what not."

She rolled her brown eyes, "Oh, you would remember that, but you block out what your entire childhood?"

He pulled the car over and snapped back, "Well, it worked in your advantage, didn't it?"

Cara narrowed her eyes at him, "So? Are you going to divorce me?"

He rolled his dark eyes and said, "I told you, the cats like you.... and no. Just... no magic in the house. And I'm not involving myself with the wizarding world. It has no use for people like me and I have no use for it; however, considering my job, you will be expected-"

"I was able to fool a Squib into thinking I'm a Muggle," Cara answered, "I think I can handle myself at any social event you need me there for. Like I said, I married you because I love you. I mean, I had my choice of pureblood connected wizards if I wanted that. Now, let's go... honestly, we'll miss the train if you don't start the car and get it back to the rental place in time."

Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League:born June 2 in Tinworth, Cornwall, England
❖Education: attended Ashford School (a co-ed boarding school in Ashford, Kent, England from pre-prepatory school at age 7 during the school year: this was when they lost any hope he was a wizard), and then Cambridge Univiserity where he took the 6 year MB/BChir course in medicine before moving to London for 2 years of general clinical training and then 6 further years of training focusing on surgical training in plastic surgery.
❖Intelligence: It is not merely his wife's dedication to her husband that she states he is a "genius". While he may not be a true genius he is far more intelligent than the average person. He has a remarkable memory which many of his friends have joked throughout his schooling is a photographic memory: this is not true as he has shown on several times to forget things (such as Cara's birthday the first year they were dating) or be able to block out memories he'd rather not dwell on (such as most of his childhoods at home).
❖Eye for art: Unknown to some he has an appreciation for art, during his preparatory years he used to take art classes even, and is actually quite good at sketching. He has an eye for angles, which is one of the things that attracted him to plastic surgery.
❖Steady hand: One of his successes as a surgeon is the fact he has a very steady and precise hand and calmness while in surgery
❖Family Shame: The League family was a very old pureblood family full of Slytherins who were like many old families wealthy and confident of blood purity. His father broke the trend by marrying a Ravenclaw, though she was also pureblood, and came of a family with similar thoughts on blood purity. Their family produced a perfectly acceptable heir a wizard (three years Sinclair's senior), and a witch, and then came Sinclair who unlike his older siblings showed no early signs of magic. As they waited they had two other children boys. By the time Sinclair reached six they realized to their horrors what they had on their hands: a Squib. While it would have been reasonable to abandon the child, his mother convinced her husband the wisdom in acting as if they loved the child and kept him. They knew the child would have no future in the wizarding world and it was better to hide them so they merely shipped him to muggle boarding school and let him pave his own path only having to deal with him on summers where they generally ignored him and allowed his siblings (all Slytherins) to be completely horrible to him.
❖Hope for the disgrace: While Sinclair was aided by his family, being given the tuition for one of the best muggle boarding schools in England, and helped with tuition during med school, and provided some expenses during his time interning and doing clinicals as a surgeon, and to help open his own clinic, he rarely interacted with his family and never went home until he had married Cara. He only went home at Cara's insistence. Cara instantly won over his parents, especially his mother for several reasons: she was pureblood, she was from a family they were close to, she was well bred, she had wonderful manners, she was a beauty, and of course she prevented the further shame Sinclair could have brought by marrying a muggle. And there was a high possibility the two could produce a wizard or witch in the future.
❖Truth about the Girlfriend: It is true that Sinclair was dating a woman when he met Cara. Unknown to him (though known to Cara) the girlfriend, someone also studying surgery at the hospital he was at, was cheating on him at the time. However, he never learned the fact, and Cara never told him. He and his girlfriend actually broke up in a huge fight when his girlfriend found out he was regularly visiting a coffee shop where he mentioned casually there was a pretty secretary who went there that was apparently friends with one of the guys who usually made his coffee there that was entertaining to talk to.

Cara Jane League (Avery):born January 24 in Tinworth, Cornwall, England
❖Education: was home schooled in the basic subjects and etiquette before attending Hogwarts
❖Sorting: As the rest of her family she was a Slytherin. Interestingly, she thinks the house sorted her in Slytherin more out of laziness then truly out of full evaluation of her personality when she first arrived at Hogwarts. The Sorting Hat had paused to tell her, "Hmm... interesting... but another Avery, better be Slytherin": this still bothers her.
❖Hogwarts Years: Rumor had it that she dated half the Gryffindor boys in her grade and all the Slytherin boys. Her best friend was her first cousin, named Acacia, who was also a Slytherin. While she did decently in her OWLs (besides her P in Astronomy-which was likely because she had a habit of not showing up for class or studying as she said the class was useless), and she did get 8 NEWTS, including 2 Os (Charms and Art), 5 Es, and an A, she could have done much better if she had actually spent more than the mere hour or so she did each day on her school work.
❖Muggle Studies: Her family had several unsavory rumors around it from the years of Voldemort including that they were Death Eaters and muggle haters. It was decided to make a more reformed image of their family by enrolling their youngest daughter (and even one or two of their younger sons) in Muggle Studies. Cara, being the more lazy student that she was, decided to go for the easier way to get an O in the class when she first started and dated a half blood for a short time to get the basics. Her family tolerated it, relieved when Cara broke up with him.
❖Secrets: The Avery family did in fact have its share of Death Eaters and they aren't particularly fond of muggles and are strong supporters of blood purity. While, proof of Voldemort support was never found, it is known that the family is comprised of its purists.
❖Secrets: Cara, unlike her family, never seemed to develop the idea of blood purity, though she had grown up around it. She may have been merely more open minded by nature or it could be that it developed as she was older at Hogwarts or due to the fact she fell in love with a Squib who she knew chose to reject the wizarding world.
❖Secrets: Cara's cousin Acacia was disowned when she married the very half blood (a Gryffindor) that Cara dated for a month to improve her grade in Muggle Studies. Cara is still friends with Acacia and is acquaintances with Acacia's husband. Both Cara and her then boyfriend helped ensure Cara's success with Sinclair League.
❖Secrets: Cara never actually was the one to ruin the relationship with her husband and the girlfriend he had when they met when she was 19. She suggests she was the one who destroyed the relationship, but she never was. She only investigated the woman, and while she found out black mail material Cara never used it.
❖Secrets: Cara; however, DID lie about being a witch to her husband till they were married knowing that it was quite possible he would not agree to stay with her due to his dislike for the wizarding world and determination to escape it.

David Sinclair League: born December 25 in London, England.
❖Education: attended Wetherby School for Pre-Prepatory School and Prepatory School before attending Hogwarts.
❖Future Ambitions: David plans to go into the medical field, while he says he plans to become the best healer in the British Isles, it is likely his ambition truly lies in being a mediwizard.
❖Skills: David can read approximately 300-400 words per minute while maintaining about 70-80% accuracy. He does generally have his books memorized but this is because he has read them more than once, not because he has a perfect memory.
❖House Placement: He was placed in the Ravenclaw House by his own request to the Sorting Hat; though, the Sorting Hat and his mother said he would do well in Slytherin like all but one member of his family. Even he knew Slytherin would have been an easier and more natural pick for a house for himself. He was adamant not to be a part of the house as in his opinion it brings out the worse in people.
❖Secrets: David is bisexeual and while he has never given it much thought at this time, when he becomes older it is possible this may become an issue as he is expected to carry on the line and his father's name by his mother (and somewhat his father).

Cathaline Acacia League (Cathy):born August 3 in London, England
❖Education: attended Queen's College Prep School before attending Hogwarts
❖Linguistic Prowess: Cathy is fluent in Latin, French, and Mandarin Chinese learned from various tutor paid by her family. Languages come quite easily to her, but due to her perfectionism, she wishes to master a language before moving on to another language.
❖Secrets: Was unknown to exist by her extended family, does not know about the wizarding world, and was believed to be a Squib like her father. Cara had been very careful at work in the Ministry of Magic to not mention her younger daughter to protect her daughter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:54 pm
User Image

For Cathy, or Catie as her Mum and Dad and her big brother called her, the house seemed so lonely since her brother had gone off to boarding school, Ashford School, the same boarding school her father had attended before going to Cambridge for his medical degree. She knew it was a good school but so was Wetherby: some of the royal family even attended that school! It wasn't like David's old school which continued into a wonderful prep school system was a horrible school: it was one of the best school's in the nation. The school may not have a testing system to get into it, but you had to sign up for it practically at birth, if not before.

Cathy frowned as she worked on her homework at the dining table, even with the Nanny who was also a tutor who helped her with her learn Chinese and around the house when she was working on other studies, it was lonely. Mum had work and so did Dad. And now Mum was busy with doctor's appointments since that horrific car accident, resulting in amputation, that occurred while she was visiting her family. Even though, David was quiet and usually just read, she still missed the presence of her brother.

As she frowned at her homework the Nanny asked from the kitchen as she cooked said simply but quickly, "You shen me xu yau wo bang ni de?"

"Bushi," She answered, smiling. It was nice that the tutor would challenge her by not slowing down for her. "I should be done in about half an hour."

"Okay. Dinner should be done then," The Nanny/tutor answered. "A smile suits you better, though. I know things have been hard with your Mum..."

"Actually, I was thinking I missed my brother," Cathy laughed, "He'd be home right now if he wasn't at boarding school... silly, right? I mean he'd probably be holed up in Dad's study right now, anyhow."

"Not silly. Family is important," She answered. "Ashford is co-ed, right? You could go there if you wanted, I'm sure."

"Oh... no," Cathy said. "I couldn't just leave my friends. I like Queen's." The tutor laughed at Cathy's reaction and Cathy said, "Shh... I still have five more math problems."  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:29 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Summer

User Image

Sinclair Alfred-Jon League
[Squib and the Disgrace of the League Family]

My greatest fear is not being able to protect my family. I am a Squib. I may be able to provide but how can I protect?

To say Dr. League was irritated after his meeting with Edwin Ryans was an understatement. The former Gryffindor was brash and he didn't understand being subtle and how old families such as the Leagues or the Averys worked. Cara had chosen to remain in contact with the family and as a result they had to be cautious and of course there was the secret of Cathy their daughter they had to protect. The wizarding world wasn't kind to Squibs and it was better for her to grow up as a muggle without knowledge of the wizarding world or the wizarding world knowing about her. Considering she had yet to show any sign of magic it was safe to assume the cheerful girl was a squib.

He checked his phone to see Cara had sent him a text that she was meeting with a Lysander Tempest from her office to talk shop. Dr. League raised a brow, he knew enough about the Tempest family to know it was another old pureblood family. Considering Cara's refusal to hide or cover up her decision in marrying a squib or living among Muggles he was doubtful it was the type of thing to worry about. Besides, Cara wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of tricking him to get him if she wasn't serious-though he wasn't sure an eight year old could seriously fall in love like she claimed.

Shaking his head he unlocked the door to find his daughter sitting at the bottom of the steps with a copy of what looked to be the current Chinese newspaper in her hands she was reading. She set it down and looked up excited, her big brown eyes, the eyes she inherited from her mother shining bright. "Daddy! I thought you were going to be home much later... and Mum has some business meeting... and then David gave me the slip. I think he's avoiding me. Stinky rat. I mean really? I missed him while he was at school and now he's holed up like some hermit... I guess it's good he's actually out of the house though, right? I mean he has to interact with some people that way?" She ended with a wink while she hugged her father, Dr. Sinclair League.

He laughed, and ruffled her blonde hair, a trait she inherited from him, and said, "And what have you been up to all day Catie? I'm sure the newspaper hasn't kept you busy all that long... and I see you have a fairly good grasp of reading Mandarin too, now. What is your next project you were thinking?"

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:16 pm
Calvin Jackson Albion

User Image

Occlumens{|}International Office of Law{|}45

Calvin found himself on the doorstep of Sinclair League, a member of an old pureblood family who ironically, did not have any powers. The reason for being here had been strictly...business, and had nothing to do with anything personal. He kept to himself on a personal level and had no willingness to make friends. He needed to expand his family connection past the country of Scotland.

Calvin began to knock on the door, not an emotion on his face. He awaited an answer and hoped it came promptly. He had quite the business proposal for Mr. League to take into consideration, but it would come at a price, but Calvin had his means of getting what he wants. At this point, he knew just about everything he could. And he would use it to his advantage.

“To fight evil, you have to understand the dark.”

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:43 pm
User Image

Cathy was about to answer her father that she was still a bit undecided when there was a knock on the door. Dr. League froze, knowing Cara or David wouldn't bother to knock, and he wondered if Edwin Ryans actually had the nerve to track Sinclair down to his home and reveal his family's arrival to England to his wife directly. Cathy walked past her father and opened the door before Sinclair could stop his daughter without rousing suspicion from her-one of the curses of having an intelligent child.

Cathy opened the door with a bright smile to greet the man at the door, a balding middle age gentleman and she said politely, "Hello. Is there any way we can help you?" She opened the door wider and glanced over to her father and said, "Dad is from work?" Her mother never brought work home but her father did.

My greatest fear is not being able to protect my family. I am a Squib. I may be able to provide but how can I protect?

Sinclair took a deep breath and his black eyes narrowed at the man who he did not recognize. It wasn't Edwin but he wasn't sure who the man was and it made him feel uneasy. Sinclair was the type he liked having the answers. "Catie, can you go upstairs for a while?" She raised a brow a bit confused and nodded, before picking up the newspaper on the stair and heading upstairs.

Sinclair League crossed his arms and said in a sharp hiss, "Who are you? I don't appreciate unsolicited visitors."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:41 pm
Calvin Jackson Albion

User Image

Calvin, watching the man dismiss his daughter, still cold as stone. Expressionless, he awaited the man's daughter to leave, making sure she did not hear what he was about to say to Mr. League. He took a seat to the right of the man, not even a hint to his mood written on his face, something that Calvin had became quite good at during the years. When the girl had left, he had started his proposition.

"Hello Mr. League, I am Calvin Albion, sole proprietor of the castle located on the shores of Loch Fyne, heir to the Albion Family of Scotland. And I, I have quite the proposition for you. But first, do you have anything to drink around here? I'm quite...parched," he asked the man, almost a unnoticeable sarcasm being heard in his voice. He didn't expect the man to have any expensive wine, or whiskey, but he expected him to have some kind of mid-grade. He knew the man did come from a family of extremely old lineage and Calvin needed to extend the connections throughout London, now that they had a sphere of influence in Scotland.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:10 pm
User Image

"Dr. League actually," Sinclair said arms still crossed. "Obviously your research is lacking or you are simply a bit rude. I didn't spend six years going through a medical program at Cambridge University and graduate at the top of my class and spend another eight more years of training in surgery for nothing... then again maybe you don't keep track of that sort of education, particularly specialties. Albion family, you said?"

He sighed. Sinclair didn't keep track of wizarding families-he tried to avoid as much interaction with the wizarding world as possible, and from how the man worded his phrasing it was fairly obvious he was a wizard. Sinclair League sighed again and motioned the man in and shut the door behind him.

"Mr. Albion you said? Know now I don't appreciate uninvited or unknown guests at my door," He said, "if you will follow me to the kitchen, I'll pour you a drink there." He walked down the hallway and opened one of the many thick oak doors into a large kitchen with genuine marble counter tops and mahogany cabinets and chrome fixtures throughout. There was a collection of expensive wines under the counter in a wine rack, but instead, Sinclair pulled out a rather cheap bottle, uncapped it and poured it unceremoniously into a glass. It was more of a point to make the man know he wasn't particularly welcome than Sinclair being cheap.

"I assume you meant alcohol though if you truly are parched water would be better," Sinclair said bluntly, his dark eyes narrowed, before he leaned against the counter. "So what is this proposal of yours? If it is money, I'm not particularly interested...." He waved to the kitchen around him, "It was actually money I earned myself that bought this house so I obviously am not in desperate need for it... honestly, I would have completely given up all ties to the wizarding world a long time ago if it wasn't for my wife. I had at quite a young age fully intended living as a muggle... the wizarding world is rarely kind to squibs."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Calvin Jackson Albion

User Image

"Dr. League, I am quite aware of what you are to the Muggle World. And I am somewhat impressed you have such a high degree. However, I consider only the St. Mungos healers to be a doctor. Sincerest apologies," he said to the man insincerely and brutally honestly. He had never been one to beat around the bush when it comes to his standards and never lied about them.

The man invited him into the kitchen, happy to hear the man did indeed have some alcohol around this place. However, he did not find it particularly to his liking when the man pulled out a simple bottle of wine. Calvin had not drank that type of wine since his Hogwarts years when he was a simple boy and quite frankly, he did not want to be reminded of those years. Because despite his joy in remembering himself as a joyful, mischievous youth, those days were over now and he need not try to relive them.

"I need not give you any money, but rather, something else you might be in desperate need of. It has come to my attention that you are...I shall use a euphemism...a wizard born with the lack of magical powers. I, being the man that I am, would like to offer you a service unlike any other. It has nothing to do with money, but protection...from the very kind you saw yourself expelled from. You are of a powerful family and those dark wizards might see it as a weakness that you have no power over them," he told them man, taking a sip of wine and looking for some sort of answer. He had not said his cost for it yet, but he was going to get to that soon.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:33 pm
User Image

Dr. League narrowed his eyes at Calvin and said with a sigh, "I suppose it is more art I do sculpting the human body than traditional medicine, anyways." He appreciated Calvin's honesty in not hiding his opinion at the very least. It saved time and Sinclair's response was honest as well. Sinclair was technically qualified to practice muggle medicine and could perform basic surgeries but his specialty, while still requiring medical expertise was more of an art form than actually medical work.

Sinclair noted Calvin did notice the cheap bottle he had chosen, poured, and offered to Calvin. So the man did notice the snub to a point. Sinclair leaned back against the counter and watched Calvin listened as he made the offer. He narrowed his eyes at Calvin and then his eyes widened at the offer. Protection. Protection for his family. He remembered Cara's injury, though that hadn't been a fault of position but circumstance he wasn't able to protect her still. There was David... he was a wizard, but still young... and then there was Catie... Cathaline Acacia League, his youngest, the bright eyed curious and friendly girl. The girl who loved to learn languages. The girl who seemed to make friends easily. And of course, a Squib like him... if she hadn't shown magic by this point it seemed highly unlikely she would be a witch.

"Protection?" Sinclair whispered his dark almost black eyes still wide. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath trying to clear his mind. How would this man know what Sinclair truly desired? His hands shook as he gripped the counter and he said a bit clearer, "The euphemism is a joke. If you have no magic you aren't worthy of being called a wizard even a wizard without magical powers. A squib is lower than a muggle... he doesn't fit in the world he was born to and is only a burden. I don't need euphemisms."

He took a deep breath and said trying to keep his voice calm, "And what is the cost? What exactly is this protection you are offering?" Despite his attempt to remain calm, his knuckles were white with how tight he gripped the counter, his face pale, and his eyes betraying a bit of desperation to have the potential of what he really wanted. It really wasn't entirely a question of what the cost was to Sinclair... to him if it was true protection he was fairly willing to sacrifice a great deal for it.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 am
Calvin Jackson Albion

User Image

Calvin listened to the man, chuckling at the man's self consciousness. He seemed like he had given his lack of power some thought. He was quite hard on himself and it almost surprised Calvin, but Calvin would expect that from a squib. Not living up to expectation had to be a hard thing. Luckily, Mr. Albion himself had not failed any expectation. In fact, he had rose above the expectation and had controlled quite a bit of Scotland.

"Doctor League, my euphemism shows my respect for your kind, the ones with the unfortunate...luck to not inherit what is rightfully theirs. It is, like I said, unfortunate you weren't granted the supernatural, but you might as well do what you can," he said to the man, taking a sip of the wine that had been given to him. It left a rather bitter taste in his mouth, one that he did not like.

"Which leads me to the cost of this...service. First, I would much rather have some of the more...higher grade wine. Second, you are one of the best at what you do: no? Well, every now and again, I will need you to perform a procedure for me. Not on me, but someone...else...friends of mine...under my name. I do not expect you to work for free, but I believe my cost will be a fifty percent discount for anyone I may send you. Do not worry, it will be a rare occurrence, but when I do, I need it done. Do I make myself clear? he asked the man, to make sure he was listening. Sometimes Calvin had to help some get out of the country, or change their faces and names. He did not do this for evil men, so it may seem, rather protest leaders and people being targeted.

"Do we have a deal? he asked Doctor League, as decisive as ever. His demeanor exuded confidence and he did stutter at any point...almost as if he had practiced the speech, but he did not. Calvin always kept his stature, but always seemed laid back at the same time.

(OOC: Sorry it took so long, I've been packing to go back to college in two days.)
mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:25 am
User Image

Sinclair chuckled a bit at Calvin's words about using euphemisms and showing respect for his kind. "God, you sound like my wife," He said. "She has this romantic view that being a squib isn't as horrible as it is... which is comical considering her family background." He sighed as he considered what the man asked. It wasn't particularly hard, though under the table work wasn't exactly something he got involved with. And, he did enjoy his work.

Realizing, the man asked for a higher class of wine Sinclair looked back to Calvin. The only reason Sinclair had given the cheaper wine was out of rudeness, but now he was more than intrigued. Besides, to Sinclair the parting of any expense of wine in the house-some dating a few decades old or were far from something to balk at in price- wasn't particularly daunting for a guest he actually would listen to. And, considering the fact both he and Cara liked expensive wine it wasn't unusual that they had a variety of stock. The cheaper wine was more of something Sinclair had because he was partial to the brand from his days in university and interning time. "Under the counter is a wine rack with a variety of choices," Sinclair said. "Everyone has their own tastes. What would you rather? The better selection is in red."

He closed his eyes and thought it was a bizarre request from a wizard to ask for muggle plastic surgery. "I don't do under the table work... or I should say I haven't," Sinclair answered. "There is some ethical questions about it and I was more of the type to want to flaunt what I can do. And, to say I am the best... well is one of personal taste."

He took the cheaper bottle of wine and poured it for himself, "Not that it may be my business, but it seems odd for a wizard or witch wanting alterations to looks from essentially a Muggle. I mean, that is who I went to school with, that is who I was trained by, and that is who I tend to prefer to interact with. I know enough about magic to know there are ways to disguise oneself without going through the trouble of dealing with me."

He took a sip of the cheaper wine and said, "And, you never said exactly what kind of protections my family would be offered. Honestly, I don't care about financial compensation for the procedures. And, like I said, under the table work isn't exactly something I have dabbled in before. It wouldn't sit well with me to get money for it-I can procure enough money for my satisfaction through legitimate means. I am only interested in the offered protection. After all, regardless of my wife being a witch, the only thing she actually excels at is charms, which isn't nearly as strong of protection as some magic. Her specialty is memory charms and what not... hardly the type of thing to serve as highly combative or protective magic. And we've already discussed my own 'bad luck' is that how you put it?" He ended with a small smile before he took a long sip from the glass of cheap wine he poured.

RedEagleEye007

{OOC: don't worry, I've had a busy week myself and it gave me the opportunity to add to a post to make me happier with it. Good luck with packing and the move back.}  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 pm
Calvin Jackson Albion

User Image

Calvin listened to the man, and when he had heard the that he could take what he liked, he became quite content. He poured himself some wine instantly and after he took a sip of the wine he said,"Wow, that is much better. Soothing almost." Calvin tasted the wine and instantly fell in love with the stuff, but nothing on his facial features would even have suggested that he even took a liking for it. He could never let anyone in on any weakness whatsoever. He was used to living this way and it soon began to be difficult for even lie detectors to be able to break his mind. Not even a Legilimens could, because of him being an Occlumens. Calvin's mind was extremely powerful and even harder to get to show anything.

Calvin listened to the man as he continued to ramble on about ethics and whatnot, not seeing the bigger picture of this, showing his narrowmindness on the matter. "Doctor League...I do not just work with the common wizards. And unfortunately I can not by any means reveal the existence of magic to anyone. Wouldn't that be interesting? Newspapers with an article stating, 'Man helped by Magical Being!'. Imagine the chaos that would make," he said, chuckling a bit. He then proceeded to begin with the second part of his rant.

"I would be offering protection...from everything. As in, my men will always be alerted when anything bad could possibly happen. That's what protection is isn't it? But please...I would like to hear more about your wife. You said she excels at memory charms. To what extent does her skill go?" he asked the man, truly intrigued. One couldn't tell that he actually cared about the answer.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 am
User Image

Sinclair raised a brow at what Calvin said about helping a variety of people and nodded when he lined out the protection he was extending to him and his family. What disturbed him was the fact he was now asking about Cara. "Very well," Sinclair said sipping his glass of cheaper wine. "I can do the work... but like I said I don't need financial compensation. The protection would be enough and money makes it seem more unethical. However, you will keep my wife out of it."

"My wife, Cara Jane League, is the head of the obliviator office," Sinclair replied, "and we don't tend to talk about our work or about our educational backgrounds. From what I've heard from her on occasion or her family... charms is about the only thing she did well in. Then again she wasn't the type to actually study much... but she also is quite excellent at blending in with Muggle society-honestly, even I didn't know she was a witch until after I married her... which would have been more than enough reason to divorce her, but my cats liked her."

"Anyways, since she isn't getting involved it really doesn't matter how much of her climbing the ladder is from her skills at memory charms or the fact she understands Muggle society since she lives and interacts with it on almost a daily basis due to my refusal to have much involvement with the wizarding world. Like I said I would have cut my ties a long time ago if it wasn't for her," Sinclair answered.

"What else is there to know about her? Getting her involved is hardly protection given what you have said about your work," Sinclair said, "and the less details I know probably the happier I will be, probably. Anyways, Cara and my relationship is quite ordinary by this point. Her work life doesn't mingle with our lives, she tends to be more responsible for our eldest's school details since he is a wizard, and I have a ban on magic inside this house-which mostly she listens to. She doesn't do magic when I am home at least."

RedEagleEye007

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces