Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Lowery Estate Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:41 pm
Tʜᴇ Lᴏᴡᴇʀʏ Esᴛᴀᴛᴇ
Located in Kenmare, Ireland
════════════════════════

User Image

The Lowery Family

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:47 pm
Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛs
════════════════════════

Main House

Jarlath Lowery
Home :: School :: Out

Aedan Lowery
Home :: Work :: Out

Ciaran Lowery-Blake

Rhys Lowery

Catheryn Lowery

The Cottage

Andrea Lowery

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:58 pm
Oᴅᴅ Nᴏᴛᴇs Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Esᴛᴀᴛᴇ
════════════════════════

Pets
Sally, the Siamese cat
Ignotus, the Snowy Owl
Miri, the Orange Tabby cat
Dragon, the Piglet
Mission, the Toad
Tessa, the Brindle Boxer
Lux, the Burrowing Owl
Bilbo, the Rat
Sam, the Dog

The Estate covers about 2.5 square kilometers, including a large garden, and a field half the size of a quidditch pitch. This field, referred to by the family as the Flying Field, is surrounded by several trees that are over 50 feet tall, allowing the area to be used to fly brooms and play catch on brooms.
The Broom Barn is located between the main house and the Flying Field. It is the work place of Aedan Lowery and holds almost every broom made and sold. No one is allowed to enter without Aedan's permission. Unless they are looking for him.
The Pig Pen is located just outside the main house, it is the place where Dragon lives.
The Garden is filled with many different plants, both magical and muggle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:59 am
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Proud in her Kitchen.space
CURRENTLY // in mourning // single // crushing // loving spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooooh, I can't believe I'm taking my baby to board the train to school today!' spacespac
'Now says, says I, to a passerby,
Who's the maid with the sun-colored hair?
He smiles at me, and with pride says he...'

═════════════════════════════════

Siobhan had woken up a bit earlier than her usual that morning, humming as she dressed and prepared for the day. It was a very, very special day in the Lowery household; her eldest son would be leaving for Hogwarts! And so, she'd risen before the sun had done so, and immediately flitted to the kitchen for her first chance to fulfill an age-old family tradition. This morning, she would make her son lunch for the train ride to school. She'd set to work on the family's breakfast immediately, of course, and the smell of bacon, sausage and eggs already filled their home. But all the while, she was thinking about what to send her sweet Jarlath to school with. She had a bit of trouble being practical at first, her thoughts going every which way, designing meals in her head. But most of them wouldn't travel well. She supposed it would have to be sandwiches, then. But not cold sandwiches, she decided. Delicious, warm sandwiches. On homemade bread. She spied a loaf she'd baked just the night before, and realized how perfect her timing had been. She continued humming as she sliced the loaf and gathered the meat and cheese and vegetables and spread. She put together a bag lunch for her son, enchanting the container to keep the sandwiches warm and fresh. She then slipped a few coins into the bag, knowing that her son would likely want to buy sweets on the train. Finally, she poured him a thermos of tea, setting the whole thing aside for him when he got up. She wondered if she should wake him... but it wasn't really that late just yet, she realized. And he had a long day ahead of him. The sleep would do him good. She helped herself to some bacon as she waited to see which of her family members would be the first to wake up... or second, if she counted herself. Her eyes fell on a framed photo of her late husband, and her felt her heart beat skip. Dear, poor Davin. He'd not gotten to live to see their children off to school. She felt tears p***k in her eyes and forced them away, refusing to cry anything but tears of joy today. As much as she missed her husband, she needed to be happy for her son. She didn't need her own sadness to remind him of his own loss; not having a father to see him off at the station would likely be hard on the child. She wanted to put off that sadness for as long as she could.

'That's the gem of all Ireland's crown.
                                                          Sweet Rosie McCann, from the banks of the Bann,
                                                          She's the Star of the County Down.'

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:14 pm
User Image

Andrea pushed the quilt from her bed and looked around groggily. She was not someone who could be considered a morning person. She rolled over slightly and with a shriek and thud ended up on the floor. She sighed a blew a hair from her face and searched the side-table for her glasses. After a few moments she stood and wandered through the small cottage into the kitchen. She opened the small can where she kept her tea bags, from many years of experience she knew she wouldn't be able to function until she got tea in her system. Her eyes grew, this was just her luck, she was out and had forgotten to get more. Why did this always happen? Except it didn't she just wasn't optimist in the mornings. She sighed once again. Maybe there would be some in the main house, it seemed logically. She looked around, yeah this appeared to be her only choice. It was still early, hopefully no one would be awake. She opened the door and peeked out and then quickly ran across the empty yard. Well this would be quite the show if anyone saw her. Though it was only a few feet between the houses it felt like a mile, in her...limited clothing. She slowly opened the door house and glanced around, it seemed clear. She took a step inside and found her way to the kitchen, teacup in hand. Andi gasped as she entered into the kitchen. So she wasn't the only one awake after all. "Oh hello Siobhan" She said quietly, stepping her bare and freshly manicured feet on top of one another. Andi was pretty sure this could not have been more awkward. She was barely had anything covering her body and she was certain she looked rather disheveled. She didn't even like to be around Siobhan alone on normal occasions. She could hardly talk to the woman, especially since Davin's death. "So um what are you doing up so early?" She asked with a slight smile. As she stood there she realized she was missing something. Something was going on today, she knew that much but what it was she couldn't even hope to remember.

ooc; outfit in top pic  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:31 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooooh, I can't believe I'm taking my baby to board the train to school today!' spacespac

Siobhan glanced up in surprise, pulled from her thoughts by the arrival of her sister-in-law. She quirked a brow, somewhat caught off-guard. Andi was many things; a morning person was not one of them. She spotted the cup in the woman's hand, and smiled knowingly. "Earl Gray or Herbal, deirfiúr?" she asked, the Gaelic word for sister slipping from her lips without a thought. Coming from a family as large as Siobhan had, she didn't think too hard on familial connections, and made them easily. But she knew that Andi felt awkward around her, could feel it in the other woman's bearings when they were together. The rather un-put-together appearance of the other woman made no impact on Siobhan; she assumed Andi had been hoping no one else was up. And indeed, that likely would have been the case, if not for today's being special. When her in-law asked, looking for all the world like she felt she'd missed something, Siobhan smiled easily, rummaging for teabags. "Jarlath is to take the train to school today. It's his first year. I woke up a bit earlier than usual to make him a lunch for the train ride." She turned to Andi, smiling. "What has you up so early? Trouble sleeping?" Siobhan noted that they had an extra tin of tea bags, and held them out, in case Andrea forgot to go to the store. Tea was so easy to forget at times. Why was that, she wondered, her mind trailing off to some strange path. She gave a slight shake of her head. Ever since Davin's passing, she had a hard time keeping her thoughts on track.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:18 pm
User Image

Andrea straightened out her oversized shirt as much as she could, it wasn't turning out to well. "Um, Earl Grey sounds nice." She said smiling as best she could. Deirfiúr, that was new. She knew Siobhan was fine being as familiar as they were but Andi was not. Sure when she traveled, or stayed in a hostel she was fine with everybody but in every other situation involving people she was suddenly so awkward. This was the worst of it, which really made no sense but then again, Andi didn't really make sense. When Siobhan spoke again Andi nearly smack her forehead. Of course, how could she forget something like that. Another thought occurred to her, was she expected to go? That was something pretty important she probably should at least talk to the boy, she really hadn't a clue about the procedure for this sort of thing, the only time someone related to her had gone to Hogwarts she had been going as well. Andi took a tea packet and sat down. "Oh you know the whole early to bed, early to rise thing" She said with a shrug, though in all truthfulness she had been waking up this early since she had moved in, she just usually didn't leave the cottage for a while. She smiled gently at Siobhan and look at her hands.

ooc; outfit in top pic  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:33 pm
User Image
User Image

▷Former Hufflepuff▷Muggleborn▷Married to Aedan Lowery▷Sticky Wicket Owner and Chef

→Visions of sugar plums, candies, chocolates, and a very handsome six pack danced around in Ciaran's brain before the scent of actual food reached his nostrils. He groaned as he turned over and sunlight streaming through a God forsaken window hit warmed his face making it scrunch in discomfort. "Ugghh, why does your family have to get up so bleedin' early?" he complained to his husband before climbing out and groggily making it-barely-to the bathroom. He woke up the moment the cold spray of the water hit his body making him yelp before sighing in satisfaction when he turned warm then hot. Once he was clean and finally half awake he climbed out and toweled himself off before dressing in casual clothing and following the delicious smell. Ciaran found Siobhan and her sister-in-law already there drinking tea with plates of food stacked on the counters. "Mornin' Siobhan, Andrea. Why is there a buffet so bloody early?" he greeted/grumbled before pouring himself a giant mug of Earl Grey then adding copious amounts of sugar. ←

Candy says I hate the quiet places
that cause the smallest taste of what will be
Candy says I hate the big decisions
that cause endless revisions in my mind

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image
User Image

Aedan was awoken my the melodious complaints of his husbands voice. He smiled, his eyes still closed. "Ay, Y'know I love to be woken by yah voice but must it be 'plaining 'bout my family?" Said the man as he rolled over. The smell of food reached his nose and he sighed. He didn't want to get out of bed yet, but he heard the bedroom door open and close and his love's footsteps growing distant. So the man resigned himself and climbed out of the bed. He wrapped his robe around him and looked in the mirror at his disheveled hair. "Blimey, my hair looks 'mazing no matter what." he said with a chuckle. He turned to the door and walked down to the kitchen.
                                      He approached the entrance to the kitchen and saw his sister, Andrea, barely dressed, his gorgeous husband fully dressed and looking as cute as ever, and his sister in law, Siobhan who serving up a full breakfast of Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Toast and Earl Grey Tea. He took a peice of bacon before he spoke again. "So Andrea, Is it Casual Thursday?" he said teasing his older sister on her form of dress. Just hope she doesn't hit me or anything. he thought as he sipped his tea. He hen turned to his husband, who was pouring half the sugar bowl in his tea. "Merlin's beard, love, do you want some tea with your sugar?" he teased as he kissed the younger man's cheek.
                                      He sipped his own tea before he sat at the table. "So, Today is a big day, eh? The first Lowery kid to go to Hogwarts since meself." he said with a smile. He began to pile a rather large amount of bacon and sausage and eggs onto his plate, with a few strawberry and banana slices. "Siobhan, these those strawberries ya grew?" he asked as he bit into one.
                                      It was then he realized all the adults where in one room, the perfect opportunity, He smiled at Ciaran. "Ciaran, ya wanna tell 'em the news now? Or wait? I think it'll be best before the kids wake."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:43 pm
User Image

Siobhan gave Andrea a reassuring smile when the mention of today's important event seemed to make her feel nervous. She knew that Andi wasn't as close to the family as her brother was, and actually was a bit surprised the woman had decided to live with them at all. The help was more than welcome, and she did like her kids' aunt being in their lives, so she wouldn't complain.

The arrival of Ciaran and Aedan brought a smile to her face and a small chuckle escaped as she listened to her in-law tease his husband and sister. She'd never been able to have that easy laughter with them, the gentle prodding and poking. When he commented on Jarlath's attendace to the school, she smiled, a bit surprised to realize that he was right; as the youngest child of the last generation, he'd been the last to attend, and Jarlath was the oldest boy in the next. She glanced at Ciaran.
                                                          "It was tradition in my family for the mother of the youngest child attending school to rise early and make a big family breakfast and pack a lunch for the children on the day of their train ride to Hogwarts. So I got up early to prepare." Since all the children in the home were hers, that would be her duty until they all graduated. Not that she minded; she wasn't a morning person per say, but she wasn't a particularly grouchy person if she had to rise early. And she did so love to make those lunches for her kids. She nodded at Aedan's question about the strawberries, deciding to take one for herself as well. That batch had come out rather good. She was proud of herself. She'd gotten the idea not long before Davin's passing, and had planted the berries, but their first batch didn't come out too well. This set, however, was quite good. When Aedan began letting on about some secret, she smiled, nodding. "Oh, do tell, Aedan, Ciaran! What's going on? I know that look." Something was up, and she knew it. What on earth were those two planning now?

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:48 pm
User Image

Andrea sighed as more people entered, this day was not going her way so far. Of course it was all her fault, she was awkward and uncomfortable but how could she not be? She is was in a room slowing filling with people and she looked as though she had just risen from the dead and not a very fully dressed dead. She now seemed to be developing a headache. She just about threw her cup of tea when she heard her brother's voice. "Really Aedan? Right now? You are commenting on my outfit choice at this moment?" She looked at him with a slight glare and took a large sip of tea. And of course he immediately knew what was so special about today. He was just lucky she didn't just get up and leave to put really clothes on, and she would have to had her brother not spoken once again. Now she was suddenly curious. "News? What kind of news?" She asked glancing at her brother once again, completely unsure of what he could be telling them.

ooc; outfit in top pic  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm
User Image
User Image

▷Former Hufflepuff▷Muggleborn▷Married to Aedan Lowery▷Sticky Wicket Owner and Chef

→Ciaran turned to the husky Irish voice of his husband as he stirred his mug of tea and did the only adult comeback he could with his limited morning vocabulary: he stuck his tongue out at him. When strawberries were introduced into the conversation he perked up and snagged one off of Aedan's plate with a saucy grin and wink before biting into it. "Mmm, Siobhan these are amazing! Keep 'em growin'! I'm thinking of a nice taffy I could make with these..." His mind began thinking of recipes and ideas before his hubby decided to drop the big bomb knowing full well women couldn't not know a secret when it's thrown in front of them. Already the blonde mother of three and his sister were bouncing with excitement just at the mention. With a weary fake sigh and equally fake glare sent towards his grinning lover, he took a seat at the table piling food from both the platters and Aedan's plate. If he was going to do the announcement he'd do it on his own time! "I did tell big mouth over there to wait but since he brought it up...me and Aedan are considering adopting a child." he replied casually but his bluegreen eyes sparkled with excitement.

Candy says I hate the quiet places
that cause the smallest taste of what will be
Candy says I hate the big decisions
that cause endless revisions in my mind

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:53 pm
User Image

Siobhan smiled when Ciaran mentioned making Taffy from her strawberries. Brilliant, why hadn't she thought of that? It'd been a year since they'd moved into the house and she still wasn't used to having them around. Not in a bad way, really she loved having them, but things like Ciaran's candy shop tended to slip her mind at times. The idea of strawberry taffy made from what she'd grown in her garden was positively amazing. She hoped that they continued to grow so well so that it could be a reality. She'd been working hard to make sure they grew just right, and it seemed she'd succeeded. Excellent.

The announcement took a moment to register. But when it did, a smile split her face, and she clasped her hands together.
                                                          "Oh, that's wonderful! Have you done any research, looked into it at all? Or is this still just in the 'well, maybe?' phase?" Siobhan didn't want to seem like she was overbearing or anything, or that she was trying to take over their plans. There was just a lot of details they needed to look into before they were able to really make this decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Prudence woke up she some how manged to disable her sheets in her sleep. She clearly had another restless night. She heard some voices and smelled the faint smell of bacon and other yummy foods and her tummy growled. In her sleepwear she sleepily made her way down stairs to see her mom aunt and uncles. "Morning everyone, Uncle Ciaran did you bring any candies?" She asked in a sleepy voice she loved it when she was spoiled by the candy store owner.

{OoC:}

Xistund

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Aedan smiled as Andrea glared at him. And Ciaran stuck his tongue out at him. But as soon as they heard his last words everyone's behavior changed. Siobhan immediately showed curiousity. Andrea shifted to look at the pair. As Ciaran began to steal food from his plate, Aedan lightly smacked his hand away and stole back his bacon. "Now now Love, I never said I was going to tell 'em today. I was merely asking ya if we should." he said as he looked at the younger man who had just told their little secret and ruined the fun.

Siobhan had a very positive reaction though. Might as well drop the ball that he had already been looking into it. Without Ciaran's knowledge. "We'll I have already done the research. I think Ciaran is just in the Maybe stage." he said with a nervous glance at his husband. Just then, Siobhan's youngest entered. He smiled at Prudence and ruffled her hair. "But we will discuss this more later." He said as he looked at the other adults. He chuckled at his youngest niece's greeting. Jarlath will probably asked the same. Good thing we have a candy maker in the family. he asked as he looked at his husband with a smile.

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff