Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Kindlegarten Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you read?
  Yes!
  Not unless I have to.
  I don't know how to read! :(
View Results

ochimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:49 pm
I just got a Kindle Touch! Super stoked. Thanks to piratebay, I can now read any book I've ever wanted to read for freeeeeeee. It's like rediscovering mp3's all over again. I've read nearly 2,000 pages in the past week. And have soooo much more to read. Would you believe my reading addiction is even greater than my video game addiction... I've been putting down the controller to cuddle with my kindle. Yep, I'm a kindle-cuddler.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 pm
My kindle needs a bit more love, I should read a bit, but I've been busy with school/boyfriend/friends/work.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

portraitofaudacity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 am
Congratulations! That's really cool.

I used to scoff at people with Kindles. Who would prefer a slab of plastic to a real book?! But I got my first laptop just a few months ago (hand me down - five years old) and I've done a lot of reading in bed with it. I could only imagine how nice it would be to have an eBook reader.

I still like real books better though. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 am
One of these days I'll get an e-reader. But definitely one with e-ink type technology. I can't stand reading stuff on the screen for more than 20 pages.
And I took courses that ONLY had PDFs for readings burning_eyes

I haven't settled down with a good book in far too long. It's summer, great time to get back into reading... if I can find which box has the Foundation series in it... sweatdrop

But I devour books. Like, 800 pages in a day can happen. Luckily the longest series I've read only had 400-page books, so I'd try to limit myself to one book a day... would usually end up being 1.5 books a day.

I'm rather into sci fi and fantasy.
Sadly I can't get into the Discworld series, I know there are dozens and Terry Pratchett is being as prolific as Stephen King once was...

Let me know what you think of the touch features and whatever other bells and whistles the Kindle Touch has beyond Next Page, Previous Page, and basic navigation.
I'm thinking of just getting a basic kindle...

Otherwise I might do something really weird and get a tablet that can run Open Office & an external keybord, and ditch my slowly-dying netbook.....  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

portraitofaudacity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 am
I thought Terry Pratchett had alzheimers? That's going to slow him down sooner or later.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:47 am
portraitofaudacity
I thought Terry Pratchett had alzheimers? That's going to slow him down sooner or later.
Oh. I thought it was something more loopy than alzheimers. Like... he was just losing it entirely. Which would have only meant MORE stories as he regressed further and further into his imagined world...

*nosympathy*  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

portraitofaudacity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 am
Google says Alzheimer's so I am going with that. Many writers have gone bonkers in the past. Philip K. d**k being the most recent example that I can think of.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 pm
I, too, used to laugh at people who had Kindles. Who would spend money for a digital book? Then my girlfriend lent me hers, and I found it soooo easy to read on. In fact, when I went back to books the small fonts and single spacing was really pissing me off... and having to turn pages. Ain't nobody got time for that when there's a riveting story at hand.

I'm currently embroiled in the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series. Well, re-reading it sorta. I read the first book in 1991, and the last book (#14) came out last year... after he died. It's difficult to describe... but reminds me of Lord of the Rings crossed with Dune then put on life-threatening amounts of steroids.

Kindle Touch features... tap screen to turn page, slide up or down to jump chapters... text-to-voice reads pretty well... it has an internet browser built-in, altho displays in black & white and refreshes weird. It times how fast you read and gives eta estimates for chapters and finishing the book. (4 hours left to go on #3 Dragon Reborn!) It's also a lot smaller than the Kindle, and has the option to go landscape mode.  

ochimaru

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:27 am
I DONT DO READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin I am a more visual learner!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:02 am
That ETA thing is a trip. It inspires McLuhanesque rant on how the knowledge of a books size affects the reading of said book and how electronic media further affects that relationship... but I'll bite my tongue (or fingers) for now.  

portraitofaudacity

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:05 am
portraitofaudacity
That ETA thing is a trip. It inspires McLuhanesque rant on how the knowledge of a books size affects the reading of said book and how electronic media further affects that relationship... but I'll bite my tongue (or fingers) for now.
I know you are a stoner. Do you do drugs? biggrin I won't ban you, I don't care what you do. I only care about the stupid gaia admins, but I wish they had no authority here. Nothing in the Gaia TOS says anything about what drugs or s**t you do, so I don't care. I wish I could smoke weed but it still is illegal here, but it is Legal in Colorado and Washington so I will wait until then. Until then I will have to stick with Benadryl and alcohol. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 am
I used to smoke weed on a daily basis but I rarely touch the stuff anymore.  

portraitofaudacity

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 am
portraitofaudacity
I used to smoke weed on a daily basis but I rarely touch the stuff anymore.
Hmm...well what do you do now? I can't stop doing alcohol and benadryl. It's crazy. O.O One day I could get drunk out of my life with freaken 10-12 shots of freken 40% ABV hard liquor, and the other day I take freaken 5-8 50mg pills of freaken benadryl, which equal 250 to 400 mg of benadryl which is enough to get you feeling high and great, but eventually putting you to sleep. SAD I have to rely on that until weed is legal, but will never happen with a ******** republican governor in office, ******** you SUSANA MARTINEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******** YOU b***h!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH HO I LOVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:53 am
I smoke tobacco (cigarettes and pipe) and drink coffee. I like beer a lot and sometimes I drink other alcoholic beverages. That's about it.  

portraitofaudacity

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm
portraitofaudacity
I smoke tobacco (cigarettes and pipe) and drink coffee. I like beer a lot and sometimes I drink other alcoholic beverages. That's about it.
Sucks you gave up weed. Just so you know, it is now legal in Colorado and Washington states. DAMMIT I WISH I LIVE THERE> I WANT WEED BRONIES!!!!!!!!

And of course you don't have to lie, if you are addicted to something you wish not to tell about, we won't do anything about it, it SAYS NOTHING IN THE ******** GAIA ONLINE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT YOU CANT SAY YOU LIKE ILLEGAL STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hellz I wish I knew meth addicts here so I could get a hold of the stuff so I could make myself look older so NO ONE WOULD ******** CARD ME ANYMORE WHEN I BUY ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT's stupid. But yeah, with benadryl you don't have to be carded if you buy it online, like I said, 1000 50mg pill back of DIPHENHYDRAMINE (drug used in benadryl)) can be bought on Amazon for like 20-25$ on Amazon. I'm surprised they hadn't made it prescription only, soo stupid. AHAHAHAH!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sucks I have to rely on that to get me high and not weed.

SO YEAH ROP IS A DRUG ENDORSEMENT GUILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND NO ONE BETTER ******** DEACTIVATE US BECAUSE NOT ONLY WOULD IT MAKE ME TAKE 30 BENADRYLS AND KILL MYSELF< IT SAYS NOTHING IN THE GAIA TERMS OF SERVICE TAHT YOU CANT EXPRESS YOURSELF WITH WHAT DRUG YOU LIKE!!!!!!!!!! JUST DONT PROMOTE IT!!!!!!!!!  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff