Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
The Knife Called Love [A basket contest]-Winner announced! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 am
User Image
We credit this lovely banner to Jynk ;D

Contest Start Date: Now, 04/01/2013 (TODAY!)
Contest End Date: 12pm (central), 04/05/2013
whether or not one of us is around to close it officially.

Rules:
1.) Follow all Gaia and Shop rules and policies.
2.) No begging for the basket
3.) No drama, please be polite and courteous to one another as well as to Deri and Faith
4.) Don't reserve posts, please post completed forms only
5.) Please put each entry in a separate post ^-^
6.) You can edit your rp posts up until the end of the contest as it won't alter the ticket numbers but if a 'requirement' form has a major error please strike it through and re post to keep the numbers fair
7.) You may not give this basket away or proxy for someone else, but you are of course free to co own with anyone you choose.
8.) Please don't delete posts, strike them through instead

Other Stuff:
1.) I (Faith) would like to add that family plotting (and I'm always open for rp) with this basket would be absolutely loved but can't be enforced, It would make me really sad to see this basket used solely as breeding stock. I can't stop you from entering if you only want sig candy but I won't be very happy about it... So don't do it...
2.) The official last name for the Cleaver line is 'Sinclair' so you are welcome to use it if you wish either ICly or on the cert.

User Image User Image User Image

Girl (Faith), Girl (deri), Boy (Maybe you!???)

Information about Faith's and Deri's baskets can be found here and here if anyone is interested, for prompt purposes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:31 am
Family:

Father:
User Image
Name: Laertes

About Me:
(*) Laertes is very quiet but he is not cruel. He has difficulty expressing softer emotions, and so will seem standoffish to most, but it's obvious when he is fond of someone because he makes the effort to be close to them. While not the most demonstrative stallion, he will always make certain his children feel safe with him.
(*) Though he strongly disapproves of violence, he will defend himself and those he cares about if necessary. He will not, however, strike the first blow.
(*) He has been estranged from his family since young adulthood, when he began traveling to find his place in the world. He knows he would be accepted home without a second thought, but that is somehow harder for him to swallow than it ought to be. Now that he is a father, however, he is undecided on whether to reunite with his family.
(*) Laertes is very conflicted about the status of his relationship with Jezabelle. Though he loves her and that will not change, he's begun to think that it may not be best for them to be together, especially with children in the equation.
(*) The majority of his family is very warm, welcoming, and open; Laertes has always felt a bit out of place among them, as a quieter, more reserved stallion. This is partially why he travels so much, and likely will continue to do so, with at least one of his children at his side.
(*) He expects his children to be not only as good as those around them, but better. He expects them to be virtuous, kind, good, and adhere to the beliefs that he does; though as foals he would show them affection and kindness, he is very uncompromising in his views of morality, and would sternly punish any behavior that defied them (bullying, etc).

Personality:
Laertes is quiet and introspective. Most people mistake this for meaning he has nothing to say, but that is quite the opposite; he often has very decided opinions on any manner of subjects, but he doesn't voice them unless he feels that it would be useful to advance the conversation, or he has a chance to correct what he sees as a mistaken thought process.

He has a rigid set of morals that he holds himself to, and those who would become close to him are also expected to stand up to his view on the world. He believes that you ought to respect all creatures until they give you a reason not to, that you should do no harm unless it is in defense, and that once you take a stand, you need to uphold it. He is close to very few because of this, because it can be difficult to live up to his standards, and also because he is quietly but openly disapproving when you don't.

He has a good heart, however, and a protective nature. He forgives easier than he would like to admit, and has a soft spot for family... the closer you get to him, the more he is willing to look past what he would consider to be ethical "slip-ups" as long as it seems that you are making an effort to reform.

Mother:

User Image

Name: Jezabelle ("Belle")

About Me:

(*) Belle's grandfather, Vincento, is a kalona who bred with a regular mare. His bloodline is one reason her family has a taste for blood and meat. Her mother, Jessamine suffered complete amnesia after an attack when she was very young. Since she did not inherit any visible kalona traits, she assumed she was a regular when she woke up and tried to live accordingly. Her disturbing behavior stems from trying to deny the Kalona part of her instincts for most of her life as well as some head trauma from the attack and a history of mental illness (which has proved to be inheritable to some extent)
(*) Belle consumes blood regularly for sustenance although she does not like the texture of meat.
(*) Although she does not have the severe episodes like her mother, Belle is disturbed to some extent, if she does not consume blood to satisfy her cravings she gradually deteriorates mentally and physically until she enters a savage blood lust
(*) She now hunts small game using her cleaver coated with a paralyzing neurotoxin so she can feed herself and avoid killing. (This was not always the case)
(*) Belle was raised solely by her mother and did not meet her father or basket mates until she reached adulthood. As Jessamine was extremely unstable when Jezabelle was a foal, she does not have good childhood memories and she ran away as soon as she was old enough to manage it. She is now reunited with all of her immediate family except for those siblings from her mother's first breeding. That will come later
(*)She is extremely photosensitive like her mother, although it is due to the lack of pigment in her eyes. Sunlight gives her debilitating headaches, and intense nausea so she tends to take shelter during the day and emerge only once the sun has set.
(*) Belle is short, an Usdia would come up to her shoulders.
(*) Belle and Laertes' romantic relationship has been growing strained lately. She still loves the stallion deeply and he will always hold a special place in her heart along with their children, but she has felt distance growing between them and is beginning to think that perhaps they are not what is best for each other and would be happier as close friends

Personality: Belle is very elegant, feminine and carries herself with an unconscious grace. Despite her lineage, Belle is not an evil mare, she is very warm, kind, loving, and loyal to those family and friends who care enough to get to know her. She is also protective of them to the point of dangerous ferocity. Jezabelle has never killed for pleasure of for love of blood as some in her family have, but only as a means to satisfy the cravings that are her birthright and thus allow her to maintain control and live a normal life. After years of dealing with the alienation and disgust of those who found her habits strange or disturbing, she no longer has any patience when dealing with squeamish or cowardly soquili who chose to renounce her because of her unusual diet and non-Kalona appearance. Despite this painful rejection, Belle has not hardened her heart towards the world, like her mother and is still open to meeting new people and exploring new places.

Please note, Belle does NOT kill casually or for sport, she will only take blood when she craves it, and unless she has lost control she will only paralyze it temporarily and release it later. Her character is not cruel or evil, just dark

Paternal Grandparents
Gypsy Charm x Tybalt

User Image User Image

-Paternal Family Tree-

Great-Great Grandparents: Gypsy, Memorie x Dietrich
Great-Grandparents: Gypsy King x Dalle-de-Verre
Great Aunts: Gypsy-Magic
Great Uncles: Gypsy-Heart
Grandparents: Tybalt x Gypsy Charm
Uncles: Gypsy-Rogue

Maternal Grandparents
Jessamine x Relic

User Image User Image

-Maternal Family Tree-

Great-Grandparents: Vincento Sinclair,
Great Aunts: Evangeline
Grandparents: Jessamine x Relic,
Aunts: Sophia Rose, Sangria
Uncles: Adrian, Lucian
Cousins: Jasmine, Canna, Rinkini, Ananel, Zacharael, Raphael, Gabriel, Latcho Churi, Gogol, Risti

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 am
The Contest

User Image

So Deri and I have decided to do a raffle to find an owner for this beautiful basket! There will be several ways to earn tickets by either meeting requirements or putting in a little extra effort to increase your odds.

Free for all form:
Fill out this form and you are entitled to 1 ticket

1.)
[b][color=teal][size=18]One Ticket Please:[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Basket Name:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b] (One word describing his personality)
[b]Personality:[/b] (A couple Sentences Describing his quirks, characteristics, etc)
[b]Other:[/b]

**This form has been updated, feel free to edit your forms to incorporate this, please be a bit more thorough in writing his personality**

Miscellaneous:

2.) If you are a soquili newbie (for this contest we'll say 3 soquili or less, co owns count as half), you have earned 1 ticket

[b][color=indigo][size=18]I own 3 or less Soquili[/size][/color][/b]
[b]Number of Soquili:[/b]

3.) If you have not had a breeding in over a year since this contest started, since 04/01/2012 (This includes any sort of raffle, MCCL, SC'd or otherwise. None of your pairs have gotten baskets in the last 12 months.) You have earned 1 ticket

[b][color=lime][size=18]I have not won a breeding in the last Year[/size][/color][/b]
[b]Last breeding:[/b](Can be a date, a link, or just 'never')

RP Rewards:

4.) Lets keep it simple, if you have tagged or started at least one rp in the last month (on or after 03/01/2013 and before this contest started), you have earned 1 ticket.

[b][size=18][color=deeppink]I have a recent RP[/color][/size][/b]
[b]Link to the RP:[/b]

5.) Submit at least 3 future plot ideas for the basket and you will earn 1 ticket, feel free to incorporate other members of the family

[size=18][b][color=cyan]Plot Ideas[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Plot Ideas:[/b]

6-9.) RP Prompt Response, respond to up to 4 of the following prompts (in separate posts) to earn 1 ticket for each response. (up to 4 tickets).

Faith: I am reading all of these, I will seriously consider withholding tickets if I feel like you slapped together a half arsed response for a ticket from here on out

Prompt 1: Most of the family on your mother's side is messed up in one way or another, many are bloodthirsty and prone to various levels of violence involving their array of weaponry, most are somewhat twisted. Your mother has told you about your family and is now taking you to meet her mother, your grandmother, Jessamine, for the first time. How do you react? Can you relate to your families eccentricities, can you accept them? Are you afraid? Feel free to involve Belle in this response, just try to stay true to her personality.

Prompt 2: You have wandered away or gotten separated from the rest of your family and come across a small injured or trapped animal. What is your reaction? Do you help it? Do you put it out of its misery? Has your family life and relationships influenced this decision?

Prompt 3: You have a very big and diverse family on both sides, how are you similar to them, how are you different? What members do you like to spend time with and why? What do you like to do in your spare time? This can be through self reflection, or really any situation that illustrates these similarities or differences, just demonstrate this in whatever situation you feel inspired to write about.

Prompt 4: On your father's side of the family, it's traditional to give the children names that will inspire them to greatness. (derivative goes with a Shakespearean naming theme, but you don't have to follow that!) How does your colt feel about his name? What does it mean to him? Will he live up to it? Does he even want to? Give us an introspective piece; we'd like to see how the colt feels about his place in the family and what sort of expectations have been set out for him.

[size=18][color=gold][b]Prompt Response[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Prompt Number:[/b]
[b]Your response:[/b]

In summary, the maximum amount of tickets you may qualify for/obtain is 9! Have fun guys!!! If you have any questions about the contest, this family, etc, feel free to toss us a pm ^-^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 am
Tickets

**Final tickets officially checked and updated**

Page 1
1.) akuma_kessaku
2.) akuma_kessaku
3.) Vistada
4.) Vistada
5.) one over three
6.) one over three
7.) Jynk
8.) -PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-
9.) AlexiaSilver
10.) Jynk

Page 2
11.) tursi
12.) Jynk
13.) Kamiki
14.) dolphingurl
15.) AlexiaSilver
16.) Looneytaz82
17.) Looneytaz82
18.) ZappyKit
19.) XBlind-DarknessX
20.) ZappyKit
21.) XBlind-DarknessX
22.) ZappyKit
23.) ZappyKit
24.) XBlind-DarknessX
25.) tursi

Page 3
26.) XBlind-DarknessX
27.) -Yasha Alchemist
28.) -Yasha Alchemist
29.) -Yasha Alchemist
30.) tursi
31.) akuma_kessaku
32.) AlexiaSilver
33.) XBlind-DarknessX
34.) Malikztiah Ankhere
35.) musicaloner7
36.) XBlind-DarknessX
37.) xxx Yuki Bear xxx
38.) dawns_aura
39.) dawns_aura
40.) Jynk

Page 4
41.) xxx Yuki Bear xxx
42.) Sabin Duvert
43.) tefla
44.) tefla
45.) Kyrieko
46.) dawns_aura
47.) o-Nightwing-o
48.) junglerunner
49.) Elf Princess Flannery
50.) Elf Princess Flannery
51.) XBlind-DarknessX
52.) IsoldeQueenOfSpades
53.) Elf Princess Flannery
54.) XBlind-DarknessX
55.) pinkdog

Page 5
56.) tursi
57.) pinkdog
58.) one over three
59.) kaliskanny
60.) IsoldeQueenOfSpades
61.) o-Nightwing-o
62.) kaliskanny
63.) Mameha Otome
64.) kaliskanny
65.) one over three
66.) Mameha Otome
67.) kaliskanny
68.) Seiana_ZI
69.) Mameha Otome

Page 6
70.) kaliskanny
71.) o-Nightwing-o
72.) Phail Ninja
73.) xKOVAKtheWOLFx
74.) Phail Ninja
75.) Andranis
76.) one over three
77.) NinebB0nesfr33d
78.) NinebB0nesfr33d
79.) NinebB0nesfr33d
80.) NinebB0nesfr33d
81.) Sabin Duvert
82.) Sabin Duvert
83.) StarieMichie
84.) Lunadriel

Page 7
85.) Lunadriel
86.) Lady_Ourania
87.) Lady_Ourania
88.) Lunadriel
89.) Cricket2008
90.) Lunadriel
91.) [+Katch+]
92.) Cricket2008
93.) akuma_kessaku
94.) Cricket2008
95.) Belalusiia
96.) JadedTiger22
97.) ~Kiana_Nala~
98.) ~Kiana_Nala~
99.) Kyrieko

Page 8
100.) AlexiaSilver
101.) NovaCracker
102.) Mahogany Sunset
103.) Mahogany Sunset
104.) -[The Spoof]-
105.) Mahogany Sunset
106.) -[The Spoof]-
107.) -[The Spoof]-
108.) ~Twilight...Angel~
109.) ~Twilight...Angel~
110.) xxx Yuki Bear xxx
111.) JetAlmeara
112.) JetAlmeara
113.) JetAlmeara

Page 9
114.) JetAlmeara
115.) JetAlmeara
116.) JetAlmeara
117.) JetAlmeara
118.) akuma_kessaku
119.) akuma_kessaku
120.) Summer Raven
121.) Summer Raven
122.) Summer Raven
123.) Roniel Targaryen
124.) vballlvr5
125.) vballlvr5
126.) stormflower
127.) Lunadriel
128.) AlexiaSilver

Page 10
129.) dolphingurl
130.) Elf Princess Flannery
131.) akuma_kessaku
132.) NinebB0nesfr33d
133.) NinebB0nesfr33d
134.) tursi
135.) Kamiki
136.) Elf Princess Flannery
137.) Baby Pandah
138.) S u r f For L o v e
139.) Baby Pandah
140.) Baby Pandah
141.) Elf Princess Flannery
142.) akuma_kessaku
143.) S u r f For L o v e

Page 11
144.) Elf Princess Flannery
145.) S u r f For L o v e
146.) S u r f For L o v e
147.) S u r f For L o v e
148.) Baby Pandah
149.) Baby Pandah
150.) Sachie Whitby
151.) Lunadriel
152.) vballlvr5
153.) LydaLynn
154.) LydaLynn
155.) LydaLynn
156.) Tara de Draiocht
157.) vballlvr5

Page 12
158.) Sacinda Path
159.) ShadowsCursed
160.) ShadowsCursed
161.) ShadowsCursed
162.) ShadowsCursed
163.) ShadowsCursed
164.) Hoshi Lockhart
165.) Hoshi Lockhart
166.) Ishtanballa
167.) Ishtanballa
168.) Rita Zyon
169.) Cricket2008
170.) ChaoticLeviathan
171.) ChaoticLeviathan
172.) ChaoticLeviathan

Page 13
173.) Kara Asumie
174.) Kara Asumie
175.) Kara Asumie
176.) Kettyn
177.) Kettyn
178.) astroaries
179.) Kettyn
180.) CheshireKttty
181.) CheshireKttty
182.) CheshireKttty
183.) CheshireKttty
184.) CheshireKttty
185.) CheshireKttty
186.) CheshireKttty
187.) Nyx Queen of Darkness

Page 14
188.) Nyx Queen of Darkness
189.) Nyx Queen of Darkness
190.) Nyx Queen of Darkness
191.) Nyx Queen of Darkness
192.) Phail Ninja
193.) Baby Pandah
194.) She-Ra of Etheria
195.) sesshy552
196.) sesshy552
197.) sesshy552
198.) o-Nightwing-o
199.) o-Nightwing-o
200.) SinfulHoliday
201.) SinfulHoliday
202.) SinfulHoliday

Page 15
203.) Thalea
204.) Thalea
205.) Thalea
206.) Baby Pandah
207.) Baby Pandah
208.) akuma_kessaku
209.) Cricket2008
210.) Belalusiia
211.) musicaloner7
212.) musicaloner7
213.) -[The Spoof]-
214.) -[The Spoof]-
215.) -[The Spoof]-
216.) -[The Spoof]-
217.) Syaoran-Puu

Page 16
218.) Syaoran-Puu
219.) Lunadriel
220.) dolphingurl
221.) dolphingurl
222.) pinkdog

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 am
Aaaaand I think that's all so, Officially OPEN!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 am
I own 3 or less Soquili
Username:Akuma_Kessaku
Number of Soquili: 3
Beatrix 1, Ignis 1.5, Sephia 2, Aelita 2.5, Inoday 3

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 am
I have not won a breeding in the last Year
Username:Akuma_Kessaku
Last breeding: Never  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 am
One Ticket Please:
Username: Vistada
Basket Name: Othello
Temper: Here! I've sucked majorly getting my stats done but I do have more Soq where that came from :>. I will be doing the stats this week, I have made myself promise ;;.
Personality: Introvert
Other: I WILL Rp him! I don't have a lot of rps as I have been absent for a couple of months, still here but not 100%. I'm in University getting a major but I am so open to rping on the side when I got the time always biggrin .. I love families who want plottings <3.
Also I LOVE both of the families biggrin ;;..  

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 am
Prompt Response
Username: Vistada
Prompt Number: 3
Your response: Othello had never been lied to about his mother; she needed that blood to keep herself sane, or so that's how he put it in his mind. A thought nevertheless that was on his mind often, but not in a way that would make him ever hate her.
Othello was a lot like his father, introverted in his own way, and would only act in defense. He does like going out and exploring but not in a way that amused him; quiet and silent without any need to talk to the things around him.

He doesn't tend to go outside during the brightest peek of the day. His eyes are photosensitive like his mother and grandmother alike. On his travelings, there are times when a carcass does pop up and Othello does once in awhile feel that fascination with blood, however it stops at fascination. He could possibly stomach the blood or meat but it is more of an amusement to him. He is not squeamish in the least bit. If he were to acquire a knife like his mother and grandmother it would be more of a defensive weapon. Or he may use it to help his mother with her issues.

He has no mind for squeamish Soquili either, though he doesn't usually voice this, and gets stuck getting to know them anyways. He doesn't like to be alone a lot and does sometimes seek the comfort of just being around his parents, his father more then others sometimes as they don't often speak and just enjoy the serene introverted silence.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 am
Last breeding: Euth is the product of my latest breeding... won in 2010.  

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:06 am
I have a recent RP
Username: one over three
Link to the RP:
Firefly Whispers (The Croatoan and Euthyphro) - An example of guild RP.
[PRP] True True Friends (Mencari & Miroqi) - An example of AIM RP.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 am
One Ticket Please:
Username: Jynk
Basket Name: Konrad
Temper: Introspective
Personality: Quiet and thought with a bit of a keen sense of humor given to sarcastic wit.
Other: I LOVE THIS FAMILY! Ever since I did the image for you guys up there at the top I have loved these two. I'm glad to see them have kids and am happy to have a chance to be a part of the family. I would dearly love to RP with you two, even if I don't win. :3  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

-PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-

Shy Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 am
Last breeding: My last breeding was in January 2011, by Felmino. :3 My boy Aditsan Ajei was from that breeding. heart

Loving this family. heart Shall submit further entries when homework lets go of me. @.@

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 am
I have a recent RP
Username: AlexiaSilver
Link to the RP: Something to Stand For  

AlexiaSilver

Welcoming Ladykiller

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 am
I have a recent RP
Username: Jynk
Link to the RP: Firefly Whispers starring The Croatoan and Euthyphro