Desdemona's Plots (Open!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm
I don't have much time for RP in general, but I think I'd like to give it a shot with Desdemona. I'm going to be looking for RP with her (note: not my other Soq! I have very, very little time and I can't promise that I'll be able to do much RP with her, either, but I'm going to try) because her heritage is so rich.

(Note: When you RP with Desdemona, especially as a filly, her father won't be far from her. He'll probably make an appearance in the RP at some point.)

User Image

* Note: The red stains on her are MARKINGS, not actual blood, for IC purposes.

Please ONLY post here (do not PM me -- I get a lot of PMs and it might get lost!) and quote me so that I'm sure to check it. If I haven't responded to you in a week after you've posted here with a quote, go ahead and PM me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 pm
Name: Desdemona
Temper: Devoted

Though not shy by any means, Desdemona is a quiet filly. She gives the impression of being malleable and easily intimidated because she doesn't speak much, but few things could be further from the truth; she is actually quite stern and uncompromising, even from a very young age. Though she loves both of her parents unconditionally, she is drawn more toward her father and takes comfort from him, using him as her measuring stick for strength of character and adopting his strict moral code. She emulates him as best she can, and in doing so, earns many of his rare smiles. To say that she's a daddy's girl would be a vast understatement.

Her mother she looks upon with almost pity -- not because she thinks her weak or anything of the like, but because she was born into what Desdemona sees as a curse and therefore cannot make the choice herself as to whether or not she gives in to her bloodlust. Still, Desdemona loves her and will defend her fiercely to anyone who tries to speak ill of her. (The rest of her mother's family, however, Desdemona is not nearly as devoted to, and chooses to abstain from commenting on until she has met them and judged them herself.)

While Desdemona does experience pangs and an appetite for blood, she chooses not to indulge. She doesn't need it, as her mother does, and therefore it is a point of pride to her that she is able to resist through strength of will.

Very much her father's girl, she is stubborn and severely critical of those who don't meet up to her rigorous standards, the only exceptions to this being her immediate family. She is not a cruel mare, but she is not precisely friendly, either; what ground you get with Desdemona you must earn, but once you have her, she will be devoted to you for life.  

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 pm
Laertes: Very much a daddy's girl. Desdemona strives to be like him and resembles him very much in temperament, though she has more hard edges and is more uncompromising than he is.

Jezabelle: Must discuss with Faith.

Claudette: Must discuss with Faith.

???: Must discuss with the winner of the basket!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 pm
Not Just A Pretty Face: I'd like someone to assume that just because Desdemona is generally quiet that she's biddable and easily cowed. She'd be quick to set them to rights, likely with a particularly scathing speech, and where it goes from there is up to whoever she's interacting with. Potentially a best friend?

Some Day This Pain Will Be Useful To You: Desdemona doesn't take it as well as she'd pretend that her parents split up, but you'd be hard pressed to get it out of her. She keeps her feelings bottled up inside where they can't hurt anyone but herself, knowing that those around her are suffering as well and feeling that it would be beneath her to burden them with her worries and troubles. For the people she loves, she'll take on their grief and burdens as best she can, but she refuses to reciprocate. It would be nice if someone managed to convince her to allow a little crack in her shell and let some of her feelings come out, but it'd be hard work. (This is probably better suited for a best friend figure than a family member, because she sees it as her duty to remain strong and be there for her family.)

Rise Above Temptation: I'd like to have Desdemona put in positions that tempt her, whether they be ones involving blood or those giving in to her tendency to stand on her moral supremacy and preach others into the ground. She can go too far and become too harsh, to the point where she becomes unkind and very nearly a bully, though she sees herself as helping make the other Soquili better for her efforts. If/When Laertes gets wind of this, he'll give her a stern talking to, but I'd still like to put Desdemona in some hairy positions and see how she comes out of them. (Best friend, potentially, and/or siblings and family members.)

+ to be added as plots develop and Desdemona grows. If you have a plot idea, feel free to post it here!  

derivative

Anxious Prophet

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm
RP tracker

This will be necessary for my sanity. I will also only take on a limited about of RPs at a time so that I don't overwhelm myself and end up dropping them. If we go too long without wrapping an RP, I'll send you a PM asking how you'd like to end it, and we can tie the loose ends off.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 pm
User Image
I'd like to offer up Persephone as a best friend for Desdemona. The small in thread rp was a lot of fun and I think with time they could become really adorable friends. I'm sort of in the same boat as you when it comes to roleplaying, but I would like to try with Persephone. If not roleplaying then I would definitely like to plot! =D If you are interested!  

Insane Butterfly

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 pm
Insane Butterfly

I agree, the in-thread RP was fun and very cute! I'd like to give it a shot with an RP and see if they can become friends. Desdemona will always be a little more standoffish and quiet, but I could see her opening up around her best friend and being a little more playful and spunky.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 pm
derivative
Insane Butterfly

I agree, the in-thread RP was fun and very cute! I'd like to give it a shot with an RP and see if they can become friends. Desdemona will always be a little more standoffish and quiet, but I could see her opening up around her best friend and being a little more playful and spunky.

Persephone is nurturing at her core, so I can really see her being a good companion for her. Considering who her parents are I just see her being a good friend for her, she wouldn't judge, would be an epic listener, and of course, let her have time to be a little less guarded. =3  

Insane Butterfly

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm
I adore Desdemona's family! And she's quite adorable herself, have to day. <3

I'd like to offer up Alarion as a potential friend mayhaps? She'd probably be able to connect with Desdemona a bit as she too is a daddy's girl. I don't really have anything planned for her yet, so she's an open slate! But I'd love seeing how these two possibly mesh! If you're interested ^^ <3

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 pm
Kyrieko

I'd definitely be interested! I'm going to be opening up RPs this weekend, since this is my first week of classes for the quarter and I want to focus on those to see how the pace of them go, but yes. <3 I'm all for seeing if they get along or not. We could do a trial RP and then if we like the interaction, start plotting for more later, maybe?  

derivative

Anxious Prophet

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am
derivative
I'd definitely be interested! I'm going to be opening up RPs this weekend, since this is my first week of classes for the quarter and I want to focus on those to see how the pace of them go, but yes. <3 I'm all for seeing if they get along or not. We could do a trial RP and then if we like the interaction, start plotting for more later, maybe?

I am all for this! 8D We can definitely do a trial run to see how well they interact and go from there! Just let me know when you're up for starting something and we'll toss them at one another <33  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:09 pm
User Image
Hi there. :3 I would love for Risti to meet her cousin. I'm sure she'll meet all of them. She's gotten to know Jezabelle recently and I told Faith she could help out with the foals if Belle needed it. Not sure what's happening there, but I would still love for Risti to meet Desdemona at one point. <3  

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 am
Baby Pandah

Hi! c: Desdemona will be traveling with her father, but they could definitely run into Risti and discover the family connection at some point. Des is going to have a very limited knowledge of her extended family (on either side) for a while, so it'll be fun to get her out there and have her meeting people.  
Chat and Plot Zone

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games