Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Way of the Shinobi [ A Semi-Literate Rp Guild ]

Back to Guilds

One of the Best Naruto RP's around is back for its sixth outing! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Literate, Anime, WotS 

Reply WotS
Main Guild OOC Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 112 113 114 115 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uchiha Roxas

Colorful Bear

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 am
Main Guild OOC Thread

I know we already have a chatterbox but it never hurts to have a general OOC Thread within the main forum now, does it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 am
This is madness! Having a chatterbox and ooc thread! Are you daft man?!

3nodding Hi  

iChaosLod

o0Blind0o

Invisible Member

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 am
What have you done WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. scream scream

lol sup people of WOTS 6  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 am
im guessing this place is nowhere near ready >.>

Also Im wondering why i got a random invite from someone i know but is not on my friends list >.>  

iChaosLod

o0Blind0o

Invisible Member

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 am
iChaosLod
im guessing this place is nowhere near ready >.>

Also Im wondering why i got a random invite from someone i know but is not on my friends list >.>
ehh who knows  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Uchiha Roxas

We have a Main OOC for general discussions whilst the chatterbox is used for certain topics, village O.O.C, polls etc. It's better this way because then we have an active chatterbox on the front page.

The place is pretty much ready too. Actually Konoha and Konohas threads are finished, It's just plain, no fancy gimmicks or anything; it's about the rp, not how pretty it looks you know. But anyway, I invited you cause well, I thought you'd like it and I hope you will grow to.

Also, hey Blind its been a while, how are you?

o0Blind0o

iChaosLod

Uchiha Roxas

Colorful Bear

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

iChaosLod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am
Uchiha Roxas
Uchiha Roxas

We have a Main OOC for general discussions whilst the chatterbox is used for certain topics, village O.O.C, polls etc. It's better this way because then we have an active chatterbox on the front page.

The place is pretty much ready too. Actually Konoha and Konohas threads are finished, It's just plain, no fancy gimmicks or anything; it's about the rp, not how pretty it looks you know. But anyway, I invited you cause well, I thought you'd like it and I hope you will grow to.

Also, hey Blind its been a while, how are you?

o0Blind0o

iChaosLod

Mk sounds good quick question... where are the jutsu and bloodline/clan lists?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 am
Uchiha Roxas

Clan lists, Jutsu Lists...
Narutopedia
Narutopedia

There is tonnes of Naruto source material out there. It seems stupid to waste time making jutsu subforums.

iChaosLod

Uchiha Roxas

Colorful Bear

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

iChaosLod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 am
Uchiha Roxas
Uchiha Roxas

Clan lists, Jutsu Lists...
Narutopedia
Narutopedia

There is tonnes of Naruto source material out there. It seems stupid to waste time making jutsu subforums.

iChaosLod

i see, normaly people do it because there are jutsu that they wont want people using and a bunch of whole others reasons. oh well  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm
Hello sweet things. I am just going to jump right on into this little conversation and agree with iChaos~
Bloodlines and Jutsu lists set boundaries. You are going to leave the guild open to godmodding, powerplaying, and all manner of nasty things if people can use and do whatever they want. <3  

satans-plaything

President President

14,525 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Some Witty Name
Crew

Timely Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:36 pm
Any jutsu we're against people using has already been put into the ban list. If characters can legitimately obtain certain techniques that are canon in the storyline, then there is no problems. The whole Narutoverse has extremely powerful characters and techniques, but most of the techniques in canon have been proven to have some counters, and even if they don't, that's up to you, the RPer to figure out how to counter. If you think any moves should be banned, however, don't hesitate to ask questions about certain techniques in our "Ask us anything" Thread, under the New Member Info Subforum c:

satans-plaything

iChaosLod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 pm
satans-plaything
Hello sweet things. I am just going to jump right on into this little conversation and agree with iChaos~
Bloodlines and Jutsu lists set boundaries. You are going to leave the guild open to godmodding, powerplaying, and all manner of nasty things if people can use and do whatever they want. <3

This and it dosn't take much time to make the lists... My naruto guild that i ran for a year I set up the entire guild in about a week. With custom lists, systems, clans, bloodline everything. It was all made to work together so that there wouldn't be able questions/problems godmodding ect ect  

iChaosLod

Uchiha Roxas

Colorful Bear

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 pm
Uchiha Roxas

This guild has been running for over 6 - 8 years and not once have we had to include jutsu lists; clan list or any other type of list save for approved custom jutsu, bloodlines etc. Custom things need to be listed and known, so we list them; as for Cannon well, think of it this way, we have an application process for a reason and the application process is run by, for lack of a better word, total "sticklers" for fairness and other strange things like you know consistency, anti-God modding, the betterment of the guild etc. If there are any banned jutsu there is a banned jutsu list. If there are any jutsu that may become unacceptable we will fix that.

The fact there is no jutsu list is not because we're lazy but because we are fully aware that there is source material out there and that people are capable of finding it. We at WoTS also trust our moderation staff to look over things properly during application. For Example:

Person A has a jutsu which allows him to replenish all his chakra instantly. This is a bit GM.
Moderator A looks over the Jutsu and denies it on teh grounds that it would be unfair to allow and offers alternatives such as soldier pills or other methods of gaining extra chakra.

Our moderating team is good, so don't you worry my little buttons. Everything will be A-Okay, if we all work together to bring about some awesome kick a** RPing!

Also, congrats on your guild lasting a year. It's hard to keep things active.

iChaosLod

satans-plaything

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm
Uchiha Roxas

This is going to sound offensive, but I dont mean it to be. just stating a few facts and my conclusion.
In the last three months 14 people have posted in the guild.
8 of them have less than ten posts, myself included.
From this I would not say that the last three months the guild has been overly successful, lack of structure could potentially be a factor.
But it is your guild to run as you please, so ignor me. haha. I havnt really read over anything, as the lack of jutsu lists and such kind of put me off RPing here.  

satans-plaything

President President

14,525 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Uchiha Roxas

Colorful Bear

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 pm
Uchiha Roxas

You're very observant. And I thank you for not meaning to be offensive but the thing that I personally killed the guild before or at least, what list of things killed the guild are very obvious. You're a new member but some of the old members' feedback concluded that it was a list of these things:

- Me. I disappeared because I came back to university and was blind-sided by the workload, falling into depression; taking happy pills, suicidal thoughts and the what not which eventually made it so I disappeared. I left. I didn't want anything to do with the guild anymore and thanks to having no fit leader; the guild died. It was my fault and I take full responsibility.

- Mess. Lack of structure. If you think the structure is lacking in this guild, I could show you the archives and the tonnes upon tonnes of just blatant crap we had to trawl through. It may seem little but the guild was a mess, with little to no structure left after I left, after the captain before me left. Things just ran rampant and so we pressed the reset button. Pretty much everything has been rebuilt. We had to, otherwise what you see here would not be as good as it is now. In fact, you would join, look around and quit once again. Again, this is my fault.

- Lack of new blood. Without the Mods doing their thing and my absence; no one was taking time to invite new members and no new blood meant no new activity. Again, my fault.

- Overpowered Missing Nin. Missing Nin that had managed to survive in this guild for half a decade had become too powerful and groups of them began to use the guild as their battleground; able to level entire villages, control bijuu and just generally be pains in the a**. Trust me, I know I was one. People got put off RPing. We outlawed the characters even made a huge guild wide event of their destruction but the RPers behind those characters began to grow restless having their power taken away and left. Which I suppose was understandable. It was my fault, I pushed for the characters to be removed so that new members weren't afraid to come out of their houses incase another nutjob decided to throw Kyuubi at them again.

Anyway, it mostly boils down to me not being at my best. However, I'm back and willing to get things rolling. if you wish for help in your profile for there not being a jutsu list; I will personally use the websites mentioned above and what search engines they have to bring about your profile's completion. It wouldn't be that hard. So, Thank You. Thank you for your patience and thank you very much for trying not to be offensive.

satans-plaything

WotS

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 112 113 114 115 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces