Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 am
We need ideas on how to make this guild more active! If you have an idea feel free to post in your on thread or respond to this topic. I want to know what will help keep this guild active and what types of topics or ideas you would like to see in the guild smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 pm
Well personally, perhaps trying to find topics that require more in-depth discussion. I like this Christian forum, and I enjoy it much when people post things as I like to talk to other Christians. A Bible Study subforum, or a "What did you learn in church today?" forum. Anything to keep Christian life on the forefront of our minds. It can be so easy to go to church, and not keep focused on Christ during the week (especially with something like Gaia around).

Other than that, perhaps we need to recruit more members?  

Ohana_Okazaki
Captain

Conservative Gawker

5,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 pm
Ohana_Okazaki
Well personally, perhaps trying to find topics that require more in-depth discussion. I like this Christian forum, and I enjoy it much when people post things as I like to talk to other Christians. A Bible Study subforum, or a "What did you learn in church today?" forum. Anything to keep Christian life on the forefront of our minds. It can be so easy to go to church, and not keep focused on Christ during the week (especially with something like Gaia around).

Other than that, perhaps we need to recruit more members?

The idea for those forums are good. I do like in-depth Bible discussion - I want to make sure I also cover topics that help others when I do that.

That's true, sometimes it's easy to forget about following Christ when we go our own way. 3nodding

We do have a thread in the guild forums, it would be nice if people could keep bumping it:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guilds-network/christian-guild-recruiting-members/t.80571723/

Also, inviting members would be a great idea, too. Banners are another great idea - I could put a thread up for that. We could even have a banner contest or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 pm
I'd make a banner...if I were actually good with code, haha. My coding skills died with Neopets and html....  

Ohana_Okazaki
Captain

Conservative Gawker

5,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 pm
Ohana_Okazaki
I'd make a banner...if I were actually good with code, haha. My coding skills died with Neopets and html....

Ha ha Neopets...oh the days before it was such a corrupted little kids site.

I understand smile I am good with HTML and BBC and stuff like that, but I dunno how to code a banner right. Also, I don't have a program to make a truly good banner.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 am
I have a few different photo / image programs and have become halfway decent with codes of all sorts over the years. Feel free to message me with concepts you are thinking of and wishing for, we might be able to put something together.  

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:11 pm
Shadowbane_Inquisitor
I have a few different photo / image programs and have become halfway decent with codes of all sorts over the years. Feel free to message me with concepts you are thinking of and wishing for, we might be able to put something together.

I don't have something specifically in mind at the moment as far as graphics are concerned. I figured if anyone wants to make any then they are welcome to do so and post them here. Although, for the time being - I suppose the graphics aren't as important as keeping the guild active in the social aspect so that others may share their knowledge with others and others may be able to grow.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 pm
I'll take a look around and come up with a few things.  

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 am
Shadowbane_Inquisitor
Had a little free time so I put this together...

User Image

It's total file size meets the exact requirements for the banners so if it is used it will look exactly the same as it is.

This other one is just slightly different and is 600x175. It could be used just about anywhere else. I saw a few different Guilds with something this size at the top of the home pages and in it's members signatures.

User Image

The banner is good, although to me it seems a bit dreary and saddening. I suppose I typically use banners that are more inviting and welcoming instead of appearing dark. There's something else about it that I'm not fond of...but I can't put my finger on it. I don't mind if anyone chooses to use it in their signature, but I will not be placing it as the guild's banner. However, I still thank you for your efforts 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:34 am
I understand. Not everyone have tastes that are similar...the banner is symbolic of one man's (Jesus) sacrifice upon the cross for the betterment and salvation of all. It is only though "His" sacrifice that we were saved.  

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 pm
Maybe you could have the church meetings last longer? Maybe 2 weeks? I've been having a hard time going on Gaia lately because I've been so overloaded with school work and studying, that whenever I go to reply to you in them, they're already locked emo

Another thing I've noticed that seems to help is frequent announcements. In the Women Walking with Jesus guild, Ray sends out announcements a lot, and that really helps me to be active.

Maybe there could be a games/contests subforum? And another place to hang out and talk about whatever we want to? Like our interests and hobbies.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 am
x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x
Maybe you could have the church meetings last longer? Maybe 2 weeks? I've been having a hard time going on Gaia lately because I've been so overloaded with school work and studying, that whenever I go to reply to you in them, they're already locked emo

Another thing I've noticed that seems to help is frequent announcements. In the Women Walking with Jesus guild, Ray sends out announcements a lot, and that really helps me to be active.

Maybe there could be a games/contests subforum? And another place to hang out and talk about whatever we want to? Like our interests and hobbies.

I definitely could - I do understand that people have been busy. I do leave the church topics up for about 5-6 days then lock them before I start a new church topic. Although, I'm sure I can stretch it for maybe 10 days or so. Two weeks is a bit long for some perhaps. It'd honestly be a bit easier on me as well. I can extend the one that is already up as a start smile

I do enjoy sending out announcements because it does grab attention. Although, when I used to have 3 guilds before of my own, and sent out invitations in each one, people that joined more than one of my guilds would say the guild invitations are obnoxious. However, if they help I could do maybe once a week ^_^ also, I'm thinking of perhaps sending out a survey for those who want to answer it. It's something that I have done with my guilds to get truly honest answers in what guild members are looking for and how they feel about the guild.

To hang out and talk about what you'd like to would be the Fellowship sub-forum smile it's made for chatter and other topics. The Fellowship thread in the sub-forum was originally there for anyone to chat about whatever, as long as it's appropriate of course. It's kind of like our chatterbox smile

I have been thinking of games and contests and if I were to do that perhaps have some basic thread games that are for fun, perhaps some trivia, or some avi contests 3nodding The only issue would be for prizes and such and having the gold to afford them since I can't afford anything huge since I've been saving up for an avi. Perhaps I may need to create a guild mule in order for donations to be received that go towards guild prizes and stuff of that sort instead of in the guild bank where it's used for only sub-forums and announcements. Although, donations for sub-forums and announcements is definitely appreciated because sub-forums cost a bit and the cost of announcements adds up over time. Perhaps after a point, we can afford our own chat space for guild members to stay on while they are online in order to fellowship in a pleasant online environment smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:56 am
Aquatic_blue
x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

I definitely could - I do understand that people have been busy. I do leave the church topics up for about 5-6 days then lock them before I start a new church topic. Although, I'm sure I can stretch it for maybe 10 days or so. Two weeks is a bit long for some perhaps. It'd honestly be a bit easier on me as well. I can extend the one that is already up as a start smile

I do enjoy sending out announcements because it does grab attention. Although, when I used to have 3 guilds before of my own, and sent out invitations in each one, people that joined more than one of my guilds would say the guild invitations are obnoxious. However, if they help I could do maybe once a week ^_^ also, I'm thinking of perhaps sending out a survey for those who want to answer it. It's something that I have done with my guilds to get truly honest answers in what guild members are looking for and how they feel about the guild.

To hang out and talk about what you'd like to would be the Fellowship sub-forum smile it's made for chatter and other topics. The Fellowship thread in the sub-forum was originally there for anyone to chat about whatever, as long as it's appropriate of course. It's kind of like our chatterbox smile

I have been thinking of games and contests and if I were to do that perhaps have some basic thread games that are for fun, perhaps some trivia, or some avi contests 3nodding The only issue would be for prizes and such and having the gold to afford them since I can't afford anything huge since I've been saving up for an avi. Perhaps I may need to create a guild mule in order for donations to be received that go towards guild prizes and stuff of that sort instead of in the guild bank where it's used for only sub-forums and announcements. Although, donations for sub-forums and announcements is definitely appreciated because sub-forums cost a bit and the cost of announcements adds up over time. Perhaps after a point, we can afford our own chat space for guild members to stay on while they are online in order to fellowship in a pleasant online environment smile

I personally like the guild invitations when you send out notices it catches me and I always look smile I guess I can see how it might bother some but just letting you know it does not bother me at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
Aquatic_blue
x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

I personally like the guild invitations when you send out notices it catches me and I always look smile I guess I can see how it might bother some but just letting you know it does not bother me at all.

Alright then smile I will make sure to send out a guild announcements once or twice a week.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Suggestions/Ideas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items