Something is VERY wrong! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DysFUNKtional Duck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:47 am
mimi the amoeba
In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure that at least a third of my grade has depression or anxiety or some mental disorder of varying degrees of seriousness. Either we've gotten better at recognizing these or they're becoming more prevalent.
Neither. They're becoming more known. And when people can find something to blame, they will. People don't seem to realize that things aren't meant to be perfect all the damn time. Life has it's ups and downs, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. But people go through a spell of sadness so they call it depression. They get stressed out easily, so they call it anxiety. They can't focus as well as others, so they call it ADD. And psychologists are more than willing spur on this nonsense, because that's the moneymaker. They peddle their faulty cures to the phony ill. When I spoke of the people in this guild I used the word "legit" with purpose. To differentiate from the weak, whiny hipsters of the "disorder fad".

Quote:
I like Ducky's attitude, though; good things can come out of it. c:
Which attitude? ninja I have many. xd

Quote:
Ducky is probably going to correct me on that last statement.
Well, you knew I was going to correct you, so you get half a point. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:39 am
mimi the amoeba
Taigamma
White_Wolf_of_Paradise
Everyone loves spring!

I absolutely despise spring...AND SUMMER! Those seasons are the accursed end times of my senses and the death of the glee in my heart. I wish all of life was forever in Autumn and Winter! Death to all plant life! Your mating days are numbered from this day forth!

For I the Eye am especially kind but feared no less for the time for dying. I the Eye give on to all and save none for Eye. For I the Eye am exceptionally fine with the chime of life's gaze upon mine as trine the love is given rime upon my lake of why. Why? Why. Why? Yes. Why must I the Eye be that mind?

Because the Eye sees only I.

I absolutely despise spring, too. And summer, when the days are too hot and the mosquitoes are draining your blood. I'll aid you in your conquest to make Autumn and Winter the sole seasons, probably.
Those damned blood suckers spreading their diseases and corrupting the precious blood of the herd. They must be exterminated as soon as possible. They stopped being useful after Jurassic Park.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

mimi the amoeba

Cute Girl

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:19 pm
DysFUNKtional Duck
mimi the amoeba
Taigamma
White_Wolf_of_Paradise
Everyone loves spring!

I absolutely despise spring...AND SUMMER! Those seasons are the accursed end times of my senses and the death of the glee in my heart. I wish all of life was forever in Autumn and Winter! Death to all plant life! Your mating days are numbered from this day forth!

For I the Eye am especially kind but feared no less for the time for dying. I the Eye give on to all and save none for Eye. For I the Eye am exceptionally fine with the chime of life's gaze upon mine as trine the love is given rime upon my lake of why. Why? Why. Why? Yes. Why must I the Eye be that mind?

Because Eye sees only IME.

I absolutely despise spring, too. And summer, when the days are too hot and the mosquitoes are draining your blood. I'll aid you in your conquest to make Autumn and Winter the sole seasons, probably.
Amy, you may be cute, but don't think I won't strike you down. : P

Oh no, I'm so scared.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 pm
DysFUNKtional Duck
Neither. They're becoming more known. And when people can find something to blame, they will. People don't seem to realize that things aren't meant to be perfect all the damn time. Life has it's ups and downs, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. But people go through a spell of sadness so they call it depression. They get stressed out easily, so they call it anxiety. They can't focus as well as others, so they call it ADD. And psychologists are more than willing spur on this nonsense, because that's the moneymaker. They peddle their faulty cures to the phony ill. When I spoke of the people in this guild I used the word "legit" with purpose. To differentiate from the weak, whiny hipsters of the "disorder fad".

What would you define as "legit", then?  

mimi the amoeba

Cute Girl

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

DysFUNKtional Duck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 am
mimi the amoeba
DysFUNKtional Duck
mimi the amoeba
Taigamma
White_Wolf_of_Paradise
Everyone loves spring!

Because Eye sees only IME.

Amy, you may be cute, but don't think I won't strike you down. : P

Oh no, I'm so scared.
xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 am
mimi the amoeba
DysFUNKtional Duck

What would you define as "legit", then?
That's too dependent on the individual for me to define it.
With some people it's very obvious. Someone who has had either consistent or recurring severe symptoms of a disorder since early childhood, obviously has a legitimate condition. Whereas some bored, 30-something who sits in a therapists office for an hour each week, to whine about the ordinary stresses of their 9-5 job or the pressure of raising their kids, talking about how they have no time for themselves, or "feel like something's missing in their life", etc.... needs to suck it the ******** up. With other people it's more difficult to tell right off the bat, but a little conversing never fails to reveal which side of the line they're on. : P  

DysFUNKtional Duck

KingLeonidas57

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:04 pm
DysFUNKtional Duck
KingLeonidas57
Fenris The Wolf Master
KingLeonidas57
I think you have paranoid schizophrenia.
We have the WOLF by the ears and we can not keep him......

User ImageKuzokuUser Image:
That's what Im being told by various sources. It would explain quite a few things, though it could also be depression mixed with other things.

nor can we safely let him go... -Thomas Jefferson, Missouri Compromise.

I usually get the seasonal blues during the late fall, where I start to hate school, become so unmotivated and withdrawn from hobbies, and sometimes unsociable. It progressively worsens as winter goes on. Since depression is usually caused by the lack of serotonin, I would try to exercise more, eat healthier, sleep at a schedule. It's almost impossible to start for the first two- three weeks, but once you do, it really does becomes addicting. When I physically feel better, I try to fix my mental state. When I can't socialize with other people, I would take my dogs out to the park. I would listen more to happier music like funk or acoustic music. Lately, I've been trying to practice humanistic psychology. It's so sickly optimistic, but sometimes you have you be delusional at these times. I'm a cynic at heart, but sometimes it poisons me. After I find some mental stability, I try to self improve. Like lately, as emasculating as it sounds, I been learning how to cook. lol

Maybe you don't have to necessarily do what I do, but just try to preoccupy yourself before your own thoughts poison you. Perhaps being idle contributes to depression.
Didn't know you had S.A.D. *high fives* Welcome to the club, hombre. XD Have you tried a sun light? It works for most people. I don't use mine anymore, because the first couple times I tried it, it made me manic for a few hours, and then I crashed hardcore. But I've heard great things from other people, and it's natural, so it might be worth consideration.

(It's so funny to me that almost everyone in this guild has legit depression. xd )

No, I think I just get bored- the routine, people, environment, whatever. Then, school becomes ******** hard. So, I'm like, "life can be ******** a dirty goat..." Ha, s.a.d. I can see all the psychologists in a conference room discussing what to name that disorder! rofl
eh, but sunlight is outside, and outside is bad!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:30 pm
KingLeonidas57
DysFUNKtional Duck
KingLeonidas57
Fenris The Wolf Master
KingLeonidas57
I think you have paranoid schizophrenia.
We have the WOLF by the ears and we can not keep him......

User ImageKuzokuUser Image:
That's what Im being told by various sources. It would explain quite a few things, though it could also be depression mixed with other things.

nor can we safely let him go... -Thomas Jefferson, Missouri Compromise.

I usually get the seasonal blues during the late fall, where I start to hate school, become so unmotivated and withdrawn from hobbies, and sometimes unsociable. It progressively worsens as winter goes on. Since depression is usually caused by the lack of serotonin, I would try to exercise more, eat healthier, sleep at a schedule. It's almost impossible to start for the first two- three weeks, but once you do, it really does becomes addicting. When I physically feel better, I try to fix my mental state. When I can't socialize with other people, I would take my dogs out to the park. I would listen more to happier music like funk or acoustic music. Lately, I've been trying to practice humanistic psychology. It's so sickly optimistic, but sometimes you have you be delusional at these times. I'm a cynic at heart, but sometimes it poisons me. After I find some mental stability, I try to self improve. Like lately, as emasculating as it sounds, I been learning how to cook. lol

Maybe you don't have to necessarily do what I do, but just try to preoccupy yourself before your own thoughts poison you. Perhaps being idle contributes to depression.
Didn't know you had S.A.D. *high fives* Welcome to the club, hombre. XD Have you tried a sun light? It works for most people. I don't use mine anymore, because the first couple times I tried it, it made me manic for a few hours, and then I crashed hardcore. But I've heard great things from other people, and it's natural, so it might be worth consideration.

(It's so funny to me that almost everyone in this guild has legit depression. xd )

No, I think I just get bored- the routine, people, environment, whatever. Then, school becomes ******** hard. So, I'm like, "life can be ******** a dirty goat..." Ha, s.a.d. I can see all the psychologists in a conference room discussing what to name that disorder! rofl
eh, but sunlight is outside, and outside is bad!
Outside is good! Inside is bad! >: U
I bet they had all agreed on Seasonal Effective Disorder, and one a*****e was like "Wait, wait! . . . Seasonal Affective Disroder. ; D ". : P
Besides, I didn't say sunlight. I said "a sun light". You know, the little box that's supposed to imitate real sunlight.  

DysFUNKtional Duck

Fenris The Wolf Master
Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

7,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:21 pm
I agree with the ******** outside sentiment. Outside is painfully bright, with lots of people who expect you to react to them when you are trying to just do your thing. Outside is awesome at night when the people are reasonable and the sun isn't trying to blind you. Otherwise, ******** outside.  
The Wolf Pack

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff