Welcome to Gaia! ::

11th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

This is where the 11th Annual Ball will be planned! 

Tags: eleventh, annual, ball, roleplaying, official 

Reply яєcуcℓє вιи
Choosing a Ball Date! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Choose what DOES NOT work:
  July 26-29
  Aug 23 - 26
  Aug 30 - Sept 2
  Sept 6 - 9
View Results

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 pm

UPDATE:

Alright, one last poll (hopefully) folks!

TO AVOID CONFUSION I AM USING CAPS AND USING REALLY BIG FONT:

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE DATE THAT YOU HAVE A CONFLICT WITH.

DO NOT VOTE FOR THE DATE THAT IS BEST FOR YOU.

Hey guys,

We figured it would be a good idea to get a head start on planning for the ball's date so that everyone knows when to have their rooms ready. Remember that it takes months to get the art you want sometimes so pay special attention to the ball date if you plan on commissioning artists for your room (and also remember that there are many wonderful artists in our planning guild for you to go to first!)

To start things off we will have a poll on which month that you feel would be best. Spotted and I have talked and September is definitely out due to school starting up for many people, so that is why it is not up there as an option. We are also feeling that August is just too late in the summer and because many people are either moving to school, starting school early, or getting last minute vacations in, it would be difficult to fit time in there. It is still and option though, and if you have strong reasoning for August then don't let us pressure you. Feel free to just vote, but if you have a reasoning for or against one then please also feel free to let us know!

UPDATE:

Narrowing down out choice so please check the poll for your new voting options. We are looking at the long weekend in july or august at the moment, but we are also still open to suggestions.

UPDATE:

Because of complications, we are now looking at August and June. If you have complications in these months then please be as specific as possible on what weekend do not work for you.

UPDATEUPDATE:

Please vote choosing the BEST weekend for you, ie: the one without any complications, the one that you do not have work or school scheduled, and the one that you like the best. We will be narrowing down the options. Also please post any complications with these dates if you have not already ixnay'd one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 pm
I would fly over the moon and dress in nothing but black if it were in June or July. August is an evil time that means school... To be honest though, if I had a boyfriend there it might be more fun(-ner). But yeah... I have to go to sleep even earlier since its right after break and because my sister won't be taking me (she's moving away from me to go to New York!!! I'll miss her bunches...) but yeah... August is not my friend (and the heat is killer here in Louisiana!)  

Akari Arima

Friendly Cutie-Pie

23,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Hillbilly Hikari
Crew

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 pm
User Image
I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives..

I'm gonna ask for Early August. I'll be moving in late June/Early July and don't know if I'll have access to Gaia during July at all. And Late May/June will be packing as much as possible. It'll be incredibly difficult to fit it in late June/July for me, if not impossible.

User Image
...I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 am
I think July would be the best idea, that way most Gaians will be out of school on summer holidays and we can make the event as big as it could possibly be!

Ultima228

Loyal Friend

18,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200

a porg
Crew

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 am
July would be awesome for me, as far as I know. My only conflict then would be during the week, cause July's the only month where I actually have a job and it's only Monday-Friday for three or four hours, except for the last Friday, which is like all day cause it's the concert (I work a music camp). I'll only be doing that for two weeks. In August I'm gonna be getting ready to head off to college for the first time and in June I've got finals and graduation and parties.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 am
Early August/Late July.
emotion_bigheart
People should be out of school by then right?

iNk_mAy
Crew

Time-traveling Ally

Kaneira the Great
Crew

Adored Werewolf

14,675 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 am
June or august^^ July my family is planning a huge get together/camping trip. This means very limited internet access if any D; however if we must do July, the end of the month would be best.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 am
I agree with the majority of folks, the end of July/beginning of August...though the closer to July the better for me. School starts back in August and I will have to get back to planning for classes. June is a complete no go.  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

Gwendolyn Barrett
Crew

Tricky Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:13 am
I Currently have no issue with any month listed. I don't do school nor do I work. So unless something major happens that I no nothing about, then let those with school obligations help decide.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 am

I'm gonna have to say late July, or early August. My family will not be likely to suddenly say "HERP. LET'S GO ON VACATION" around then.

Cognitohazard
Crew

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

PinkieKitty
Crew

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:03 am
If I can land this job, I will be pretty much ask all of July. So August is best, and June is good, too. July will make it very, very difficult.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 am
HDMI

~~~
June! Because everyone loves the beginning of freedom!
~~~

HDMI

HDMI

Omnipresent Demigod

Armchair Activist

Wealthy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 am
Pink in Style
I would fly over the moon and dress in nothing but black if it were in June or July. August is an evil time that means school... To be honest though, if I had a boyfriend there it might be more fun(-ner). But yeah... I have to go to sleep even earlier since its right after break and because my sister won't be taking me (she's moving away from me to go to New York!!! I'll miss her bunches...) but yeah... August is not my friend (and the heat is killer here in Louisiana!)
You live in Louisiana ? ;O ME TOOOO <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 am
Im getting married in June, So there is no way I know even possibly attend , July is a little better, But I picked august, Like end of july beginning of august would be perfect.  

Armchair Activist

Wealthy Sweetheart

Rogue_Logan

Fashionable Regular

11,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 am
Otakon is early August: August 8 - August 11, 2013 so there is nooo way I'd be around at that time so i vote LATE August^.^  
яєcуcℓє вιи

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff