Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Christian Artists? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your preferred art?
  Writing
  Drawing
  Painting
  Sculpting
  Dancing
  Acting/Theater
  Music
  More Than One of the Above
  All of the Above
  Other
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm
Art can be an important aspect in our everyday life and including God in it is easier than a lot of us might think at times. Whether you draw, paint, play music, etc. feel free to post here and how you use your art skills to glorify God! biggrin

I normally draw things that have Biblical symbolism and it's an easy way to express myself, include God into my art, and definitely display a distinct Biblical meaning to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 pm
I play violin for myself and for God; I'm thankful that he made kinda(?) talented. C:  

snowie raven

Merry Rogue

18,215 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 pm
snowie_raven
I play violin for myself and for God; I'm thankful that he made kinda(?) talented. C:

The gift to play music is always wonderful to have whee

That's awesome you play violin - such a beautiful sounding instrument =) Strings just seem to be those types of instruments that really can sway your soul one direction or another. Other instruments have that effect, too, but I have found it seems to be strings that strong pull and attraction to them.

It's always wonderful to use our gifts for God smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 am
Me and my buddy Joe have been talking about forming a Christian band.  

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 am
I don't really think I've done something that would be considered glorifying God (or rather, I don't remember if I have), but one day I hope to. I plan on getting a piano soon, so maybe I can learn a little bit of a Christian song or two.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:50 am
fly_man

Sounds like fun =) and it'll be a success as long as God is in the center =]  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am
Recite
I don't really think I've done something that would be considered glorifying God (or rather, I don't remember if I have), but one day I hope to. I plan on getting a piano soon, so maybe I can learn a little bit of a Christian song or two.

Well, I'm sure you'll find a way to use your own gifts to glorify God =] whether it's an artistic type gift or another gift such as teaching others, helping others, etc. ^_^

Piano sounds like fun and sounds beautiful, too =]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:03 am
Aquatic_blue
fly_man

Amen. We'd have to get the music/lyrics anointed for sure.  

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 am
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man

Hmm, interesting way to say it. As long as God is your everything and remains your everything and staying close to God is the only thing you strive for and your music is to glorify Him then things will be as they are meant to be 3nodding sometimes even using our gifts can lead us to temptation - to choose fame and fortune over God. So we always need to be on our guard no matter who we are =)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 am
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man

Hmm, interesting way to say it. As long as God is your everything and remains your everything and staying close to God is the only thing you strive for and your music is to glorify Him then things will be as they are meant to be 3nodding sometimes even using our gifts can lead us to temptation - to choose fame and fortune over God. So we always need to be on our guard no matter who we are =)

I really mean that though. like a song so strongly annointed that when it's being played the demons will manifest and cause the people their inhabiting to flee church because they can't stand to be where God is.
Do you know how to go about getting a song annointed?  

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Nicolina_Deliquisha

4,875 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm
I write christian novels. Usually about the lives of people I see through a medieval perspective centered around Christ. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 am
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man

I really mean that though. like a song so strongly annointed that when it's being played the demons will manifest and cause the people their inhabiting to flee church because they can't stand to be where God is.

There isn't a specific process to have a song anointed. Remember how David would his harp to help Saul? God gave David the ability and the anointing to do so right then and there. David was a blessed individual smile . You just need to ensure that you're playing for God, asking His guidance while writing a song so that He will help you be able to say the right things and that you will be able to glorify Him. You also need to let The Holy Spirit guide you and make sure you play music for God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit in order to glorify only Them. Music is such a powerful thing that if it is glorifying God in it and the Holy Spirit is moving through you all as you all perform - then God's presence will be clearly felt by others.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 am
Nicolina_Deliquisha
I write christian novels. Usually about the lives of people I see through a medieval perspective centered around Christ. heart

So, you write in a different time era and combining Christian ideas? If that's the case, that's awesome! It's always fun to plant yourself somewhere else in time in a story as well as inviting God into it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 pm
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man

There isn't a specific process to have a song anointed. Remember how David would his harp to help Saul? God gave David the ability and the anointing to do so right then and there. David was a blessed individual smile . You just need to ensure that you're playing for God, asking His guidance while writing a song so that He will help you be able to say the right things and that you will be able to glorify Him. You also need to let The Holy Spirit guide you and make sure you play music for God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit in order to glorify only Them. Music is such a powerful thing that if it is glorifying God in it and the Holy Spirit is moving through you all as you all perform - then God's presence will be clearly felt by others.

That's what I thought too. .Just sing from your whole heart and may it be for the glory of the father. But there is a process. Minimum of 3 hours praying.
Meaningful praying not just to get it out of the way. That's how you start. The holy spirit will move through you and God will know you're serious about your relationship and wanting to bring him glory.
It's like if you're gonna write a worldly song. .What better way than to go out and do what you're singing about?
Same thing with God. If you're singing about him then you should spend more time in his presence one on one how he wants us to be with him.
God can give you anointing just cause like how you were saying, but you can't just rely on that he's going to do it just because all the time.  

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:16 am
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man

That's what I thought too. .Just sing from your whole heart and may it be for the glory of the father. But there is a process. Minimum of 3 hours praying.
Meaningful praying not just to get it out of the way. That's how you start. The holy spirit will move through you and God will know you're serious about your relationship and wanting to bring him glory.
It's like if you're gonna write a worldly song. .What better way than to go out and do what you're singing about?
Same thing with God. If you're singing about him then you should spend more time in his presence one on one how he wants us to be with him.
God can give you anointing just cause like how you were saying, but you can't just rely on that he's going to do it just because all the time.

Of course as believers we have the part to believe in Him always and if God does give that gift of music then he'll make it the best it can be if you are glorifying Him smile praying is always important, although it doesn't matter how long you pray - whether it be 10 seconds, 10 minutes, or 10 hours - it depends on how much heart you're putting in to the prayer and how much meaning and truth is going into it. Prayers can be short and simple and still get the job done 3nodding (Acts 7:59 - 60).  
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff