Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm
A
[] Alfalfa A leafy vine-like plant with lavender blossoms. The leaves and flowers can be chewed and help with indigestion. Though it grows slowly, the plant has a deep root system so next spring the alfalfa will still be growing there.
[] Angel's Trumpet The flowers are great pendulous, fleshy affairs that are soft and heavy to the touch. They're quite beautiful and powerfully toxic, although if they're consumed carefully can be a powerful hallucinogenic drug. Ingestion has a wide variety of side effects including but not limited to delirium, hypothermia, photophobia, and death.

B
[] Belladonna The bell-shaped flowers of this plant are an attractive purple color. Some varieties have eye-catching red berries and some are a deep, shiny black when ripe. It's a beautiful but incredibly toxic plant. The berries supposedly have a sweet flavor, but it would be fairly suicidal to try it. Ingestion has a wide variety of side effects including but not limited to hallucination, blurred vision, slurred speech, difficulty breathing, and death.
[] Bleeding Crown A poisonous breed of mushroom that is only found at the mouths of caves in wet, humid areas. Eating one will cause swelling, blindness and in many cases, death. It is identified by its purple tip that fades to red with a white stalk.
[] Blueroot The root of a swamp grass. It has a distinct blue shade and, once ground (or chewed) into paste, can help sooth sores. It grows in shallow muddy waters.
[] Burdock A plant with hollow stalks, and prickly burrs. The root can be eaten, and are crisp, mildly sweet and taste sometimes of mud. Burdock seeds can be chewed to alleviate sore throats.

C
[] Cat's-Eye A rare plant that can grow up to a Kimeti's knee. It has a clump of leaves around an erect stem upon which a clump of silver hairs and yellow-throated flowers grow. It is said it only grows where silver is in the ground below. Some say it can cure moon-sickness.

D
[] Deathcap A white mushroom. As it ages the cap will flatten and it gets lighter in the rain. It grows within a distinctive swollen, sac-like base. Beware, even a bite can mean death.

E

F
[] Feverfew A plant with citrus-scented leaves and small daisy-like flowers. It is often touted as a panacea for anything from headaches to stomach aches to digestive problems. Long-term use of Feverfew can lead to withdrawal symptoms upon discontinuation.
[] Foxpaw A tall plant that grows up in a thick stalk and has various bright colored speckled flowers. All parts of the plant are deadly and should be avoided!

G

H
[] Horsetail Grows densely in shallow water or other places where water is slow or still. The plant is segmented into joints and hollow in the inside. Shoots are tough, but can be eaten when young. They can be used for scouring or for ulcers.

I
[] Ignatia A tree that grows a fruit in the shape of a pear. It has a slightly waxy texture and it is said that it can treat depression and grief.

J

K

L
[] Lavender A tall, flowery stalk that grows in clusters. It can help with insomnia. It has a slightly crunchy texture when eaten.

M
[] Marsh Marigold A plant with yellow flowers that grows best in shade. It flowers in the late spring and attract many bees. The plant is an irritant and can cause rashes.
[] Milkweed This plant as a distinctive seed pod and a strong smell. It is named for the poisonous white juice inside the plant. If eaten in large quantities it will cause death, but otherwise exposure will only result in a rash.
[] Mire Root A root deep from the muck and mud of the swamp, difficult to find. Most noticeable from a single, thin white stalk that grows from the seed with small, plum-colored leaves. If eaten, it causes violent hallucinations, seizures and foaming of the mouth. Often, it is fatal.
[] Moonflower A five-petaled white flower with a green center. It is close in appearance with Whiteflower but should not be confused with Whiteflower, as Moonflower will make any kin that eats it sick.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:51 pm
N
[❦] Nut Sedge These tall grasses grow along the banks of rivers, but can also grow in dry land. They can, and often do, grow taller than Kimeti. The stem has a unique triangle shape and can be eaten to treat nausea. The tubers of the plant that grow on the roots can be eaten (they have a bitter but nutty flavor) or burned. The ashes of the burnt tubers help with bruises.

O

P
[] Poppy A flower with four to six petals and colors ranging from red, to pink, to orange, to the occasional lilac. After flowering, the seeds within the seedpod can be used as powerful painkillers but it is quite rare in the swamp. Try looking in relatively dry places.

Q

R
[] Red Clover Chewed into a paste, it can help heal burns. It grows in thick carpets and is recognizable from its pink flowers.

S
[] Snakeroot An upright plant that can grow to be very tall, they grow clumps of small white flowers. Often found in the dryer areas of the swamp, this plant is poisonous and prolonged exposure or ingestion can cause death. Despite this, the roots can be chewed into a mash that is useful in treating snake bites.
[] Sweetflag A grass that has bright green blade-shaped leaves. The plant has a spicy-citrus smell and tastes sweet. Some believe it to have a hallucinogenic effect...

T
[] Tangle Thorn This thorny vine grows into ball-like clumps. Though getting to the roots unscratched can be quite hard, the roots themselves are a panacea. Chew for stomache aches, head aches, and general pain relief.

U

V

W
[] Whiteflower A small white flower with five petals. Dried or fresh, it is a great cure for fever. It grows best in places with strong and constant sunlight thus making it a little rare in the swamp.
[❦] Willow The leaves and bark of willow trees can be chewed to relieve aches and fevers. Willow is essential and no healer/medic kin should be without it!

X

Y

Z  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:54 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
FEVERFEW

Healer of Westfen, she has a vast knowledge of plants and how to use them most effectively as medicines.

minsuil//plot open

HORNBEAM

A wandering buck who sells various plants. He travels to the far corners of the swamp and often collects some rare things. People can put in orders that he will gather, or they can simply buy things off him when they run into him. He also has a vast knowledge of plants and some of their medicinal usages. Feverfew's nephew.

minsuil//plot open

User Image
UNWINDING FERN

She's taken a keen interest in vegetation of all types, the more colorful and exotic, the better. She has become excellent at identifying (and cultivating) what is good to eat, what most certainly isn't, and how much to consume of the most toxic plants in order to achieve the good effects while skipping on the poison. This has medicinal and recreational value.

ESSENCE

perfumer
amizade//plot open

WOOD SPIDER

Wood Spider has a vast knowledge base of plants, both their medicinal uses and their earthier, more mystical uses for charms and trinkets.

DREAMTIME

Dreamtime likes to know things. His main interest is in the stories of Matope, which he has carefully transcribed in pictographs on the walls of his cave, but he also takes a more-than-passing interest in the practical uses of different kinds of plants, and openly shares his knowledge with any kin who ask.

tiarana//plot open

Rising Flower

Healer. If anyone or thing is hurt or sick, Rising will do his best to find a way to fix it. He is even willing to try the stuff on himself first, to make sure. Not the smartest way, but so far it has worked

Rot

Rot is knowledgable in all things deadly- especially when it comes to mushrooms and other cave-dewlling species. She's also well-rounded on many water types, and various roots. She passes this knowledge on to those in her tribe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm
User Image

Plants can be made up or real, it doesn't matter!

If you want to add a plant or a kin to the listing, just post in thread with one of the codes below and I'll get around to adding it.

[code][[size=13]symbol[/size]][size=11] [b]name[/b] info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info info [/size]

[code][imgleft]uncert url[/imgleft]
KIN NAME

[size=11]info info info[/size]
[code][/code]

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 am
one for luck  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 am
and two for where do I even put this thread lol  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:04 am
Ohh you're looking for healers. Yeah, I think Foam Flux can be considered a "healer" if you're looking for mushrooms. He prefers to call himself a facilitator though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am
Winking Beetle is slightly a healer. She is more for ointments/creams/poultices. Both for assisting healing but also for facials and feel-goods.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 am
Dude Mins this is an awesome idea! Do you mind if I add a link to this thread in my journal?

I did this picture for Corn of her doe Never :

User Image

The flowers and berries are Atropa belladonna, also known as Belladonna or Deadly Nightshade.

Belladonna
The bell-shaped flowers of this plant are an attractive purple color. Some varities have eye-catching red berries and some are a deep, shiny black when ripe. It's a beautiful but incredibly toxic plant. The berries supposedly have a sweet flavor, but it would be fairly suicidal to try it. Ingestion has a wide variety of side effects including but not limited to hallucination, blurred vision, slurred speech, difficulty breathing, and death.

Another favorite of mine is the Datura genus, popularly known as Angel's Trumpet. I mentioned these in Unwinding Fern's demon mask entry for the 2012 Masquerade.

Angel's Trumpet
The flowers are great pendulous, fleshy affairs that are soft and heavy to the touch. They're quite beautiful and powerfully toxic, although if they're consumed carefully can be a powerful hallucinogenic drug. Ingestion has a wide variety of side effects including but not limited to delirium, hyperthermia, photophobia, and death.

User Image
Unwinding Fern

She's taken a keen interest in vegetation of all types, the more colorful and exotic, the better. She has become excellent at identifying (and cultivating) what is good to eat, what most certainly isn't, and how much to consume of the most toxic plants in order to achieve the good effects while skipping on the poison. This has medicinal and recreational value.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am
Acorn Crop wants to be in on this. Will write her up a thing later.  

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm
I'm really glad you guys think it's a good idea. *v* I really love plants so this is kind of like indulging all my whims...

On that note, it would be really helpful if you guys used the codes (including the code tag that's in there) since that makes it easier to update everything. ;v;

@craw
Feel free to link away!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 am
[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/images/blue/essence_miza.gif[/imgleft]
ESSENCE

[size=11]perfumer
amizade//plot open[/size]
[code]

I will add plant stuff later.

P.S. Unwinding Fern's name isn't in caps whilst Hornbeam and Feverfew are.

What's the name for someone who makes salves/balms? But not really healer... more... beauty related stuff? Because I don't know and Essence is also whatever that is.  

Amizade

Phantom

Nyqol

Pyromaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 am
This is a great idea. I was just looking for something like this a few days ago cause of an RP. xD I think I have a kin that should maybe be put in this. I don't know yet... hmm.

/totally bookmarks/  
OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces