Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Main Forum
I joined! ...Now what? Meeting, greeting, and direction Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite part of the hobby?
  The gaming!
  The painting and modeling!
  The literature and background!
  The people! You guys are awesome!
  Everything! I can't choose!
View Results

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:37 pm
Hello! If you've joined, you obviously share a common interest in the hobby with the rest of us here. That said, it's a big hobby! Post here and introduce yourself, we'll say hi, and see if we can give you a hand in getting to the parts of the guild that most interest you!

For those new to the guild, you are also encouraged to post about your specific interests and questions.

For those who have been around, you are encouraged help direct newer members to the ideal threads and subforums for their stated interests.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm
Heya, I'm Dark, or DE, doesn't really matter what you call me. I've been playing strictly 40k for about nine or ten years now. I still have a very active interest in the hobby, though my time is a little more limited as I'm active duty US Navy, and father of a 13-month-old son who is toddling around getting into everything!

I collect Eldar, Imperial Guard, Space Marines, and Tyranids, and bounce between projects constantly. I'm about to move from the U.S. east coast to the UK, and anticipate spending more time in the hobby during a blissful period of shore duty.

I consider myself a pretty friendly guy, so if you have any questions about anything, feel free to let me know, and I'll go out of my way to help you!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 pm
have fun in the 40k birthplace - be sure to visit Nottingham!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 am
Hello, I'm Blodwynn, you may or may not remember me from all those announcements I've sent out over the months. sweatdrop

I'm a born-again hobbyist who started out with Orks but after a long break due to a botched stint at university I decided to jump back into the game, first with the Imperial Guard, which has resulted in a nice and dead 'ard 1500 points army made up of all those things that little girls like about the Imperial Guard: Hardy men, tanks and a Thunderbolt fighter! blaugh

On my plate right now is a big old mess of things I have been working on and still need to start working on! First and foremost a massive Space Wolves army that is still in boxes and bags as of this moment. I have also recently been exposed to other miniature games outside of the usual GW lines: Warmachine (Staunch Cygnar player with a love for eCaine), Hail Caesar, Bolt Action and Flames of War!

And as a mod, I'm here to help you. If you have questions or a pressing problem, don't hesitate to let yourself be heard. 3nodding  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Error-tan

Magical Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 am
Did you guys reset the old thread?
:<

I like to wlak on da bech.
I play Warhammer and have a great interest in other tabletop aswell as board- and cardgames.
My primary interest in Warhammer miniatures though is painting and assembly.

Thank you, good bye and thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 am
Greetings one and all, I've said it once but I'll say it again.

My name is Angels Sonata, some call me Angel, some call me Sonata and most just call me pretty damn strange, but we won't go into details. I'm British, and I've been in the Games Workshop hobby for near another 12 years. I've started with Dark Elves in the past, moved onto Space Marines, Space Wolves, Grey Knights and now I'm on the path of Chaos so I've had a (somewhat) varied collection.

I'm from England, and I'm also playing Warmachine and Hordes, though it's difficult to find places where I can get the two game systems without travelling more than seventy miles north of where I'm from. I also love computer games, so if you have a PS3 or Xbox 360 then my screen names are TaiStrife and Tai Strife respectively.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 am
Greetings from land of green forest, lakes and people made of lions and Sisu,
also a tribute song made by funny british comedy group, The Monthy Pythons.

My name is Asmondai and I hail from the land called "Finland".
I have been part of the GW´s hobby for over 12 years,
owning an sizable (over 10k points value of models) Dark Angels
(who´s new codex I´m STILL waiting GW..... mad ),
A resently started Grey Knights army, build on the remains of the
Deamon- and Witch-hunter amy,
and my first army I started with, Warriors of Chaos, back in the day when
it was simply knowed as "Chaos Army Book".

I have also started a Cygnar Army from the Warmachine serie,
planning on building an shooty-army with Kara Sloan.

I am one of the few long time members of the guild,
who´s presence is mostly of random....post....ings.... :/
Anyways, I join with occasional discussions and happy to help to the best of
my abilities and knowledge.

I´m also an avid roleplayer,
having been playing some of the roleplaying games with a group of
friends of mine, soon to start with Exalted game.

I also enjoy playing Video games, mostly on pc now a days,
my poor xbox been left alone. ;.;
Good thing I have Mothy Pythons to watch with it. :3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm
The nude reality
Did you guys reset the old thread?
:<
No, it's been archived, you should still be able to find it. wink  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:54 pm
Hey guys, im Rob. I used to be pretty active on this guild a couple of years back but University got in the way. now im managing to juggle Uni and a Job better, and have a little spare cash now and then im back into the hobby and back into the guild again

I'm a 40k player, with a fledgling army of Traitor Guardsmen (+ a detachment of Iron Warriors) in the works at the moment. I have built and played Tau, Marines, and a couple of custom armies at different times over the years, all while building them on Commision, but these Traitors are my own little lovechild 3nodding

I consider myself to be a pretty proficient converter (although some members here will put me to shame) more than a gamer or painter, and i'm always happy to lend advice to anyone. If you've just discovered us, welcome to the guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 am
I am the leftenant and I've been around the hobby for far too long now. So long in fact that I'm on a bit of a break from 40k for quite some time now. I still follow the releases, the odd rumour and whatnot, but other than that I'm actually giving GW a wide berth. That said, I am quite active with 40k publications not done by GW, following the exploits of FFG with great interest instead. It should go without saying that as a fan of FFG I roleplay an Imperial Navy officer once a month with a group of like-minded individuals, to boldly go where the Inquisition told us to more or less not go in the first place, Giant worms, a renegade Imperial Navy fleet missing, Rogue Traders lording over a sector like they own it.. The plot keeps on thickening.

Another reason for giving 40k the wide berth has been the ahem, discovery of other games out there. I knew they were there, but not until the start of the year that I really got interested in them and decided to give it all a look-see. We could say something of a hobby renaissance has happened here, as I shook off the dark and stunted views of GW and let myself be enlightened by other games. On the desk right now are, in no particular order..

- 7TV & 7ombieTV, a TV-themed skirmish game themed around British telly of the 70's and American horror movies of the 70's and 80's. Good fun and all that.

- Bolt Action, a WWII game written up by two former GW designers and published by Warlord Games, a company mostly made up of old GW staff. I'm working on getting two or three 500 point platoons done for demo and pick-up games around the stores and home.

- Dystopian Wars, a game at 1/1000 scale or something like that involving large steampunk ships and aircraft. Uses an exploding dice mechanic I'm not too fond of, but lovely models and some fun play all round.

- Star Wars X-wing, a pre-painted dog-fighting game that works amazingly well.

- Warmachine, which can be seen as the biggest competitor to GW these days. Fast-paced and punishing is one way to describe the game, as the game relies on you knowing what your models can do and when. I'm going for two small 25 point forces: Khador (All painted up and whatnot) and Cygnar (Still being painted at a snails pace).

- Zombicide, a cooperative game about zombies. Yes, everything we love and enjoy. There may or may not be a review of this game down the line at some point.

So yes, got any questions about non-GW games, feel free to tap me on the shoulder.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am
Hello my name is Vikki and don't really play any games, I'm just here because they told me to and will kill me otherwise. A long, long time ago I used to play a game called Inquisitor, but games workshop, in all of its infinite wisdom, decided that they didn't like and cancelled it in favour of stupid things like throbbing hobbit cocks and buildings with skulls on every bit of wall and door. emotion_facepalm

I used to roleplay with a few others in a small group before I fled the UK, playing a game called Rogue Trader, in which I was said character. It was awesome and I'm a bit miffed that's a thing of the past now. emotion_8c We may or may not have gone mad with power tho, so it is prolly for the best.. We also did a bit of imperial guard roleplaying in an all-female catachan regiment. I was special friends with the commissar. emotion_awesome

I like zombie games tho, perhaps a bit too much, which has been a source of some worry amongst my friends. If a game has zombie in the title or features zombies, I've either played it, or plan to play it some day. This doesn't mean you get to be a smartarse and start rattling off vague games hoping to embaress me. Nobody likes a ******** smartarse.. emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:27 pm
Hello! I'm 40 years old longbeard remembering Man'o'War as his first GW wargame, followed by Necromunda, and both Fantasy and 40k version of Warhammer. Over the space of over 10 years I've played Marines, Sisters of Battle, Bretonnia and Dark Elves.Economic pressures of reduced income and GW greed have forced me to retire from large scaler battlegaming, but I've found a great skirmush game in the form of Infinity, where currently I command a Bakunin force.  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Mukantagarah

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:22 am
Am I allowed to say 'Hi'?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 am
Caustic Doom Virus
Am I allowed to say 'Hi'?
Of course! Anything else about you too, or any questions.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Mukantagarah

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 am
Hi! I have never been active really. I viewed just about every announcement made here the past year none-the-less. I suppose now is a good time to jump in (for some reason).

Let me try and stay...relavent. My interest in the Warhammer universe started some time back when one of my friends took advantage of my previous hobbies- that being a painter and poet- and had me help him color in some of his models. I think it was... I don't know. The green angel guys. Anyway Over the course of a few months he talked me into an interest. Elaborating on the black library and the concept of the games he played. It all sounded quite cool. And once I heard about the Grey Knights, I was taken. I bought a few kits and went to work.

Sadly I never finished the whole army, and only truly finished maybe ten pieces being easily distracted. With that said I never partook in the full scope of the hobby or played any games with anyone. On the other hand I read the books and love them. I have maybe five or six I still haven't gotten to. I feel it's one of the most expansive and captivating ensembles out there, and wish there was more- even if I haven't tasted half of whats already out there.

Thus I am here. I wish I could relate with most of you on the army creation part- but I'm just a petty role-player. Might have a question or two in the future. But until then I'm game to role-play anything 40K related!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff