Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aveyerpe

Wheezing Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:15 pm
User Image

Rules will be added or changed as needed, and announcements will be sent as notice of these changes. I reserve the right to punish offenders as I see fit, possibly resulting in your removal from the guild. If you see anyone breaking any of these rules, please do not hesitate to inform a crew member.

1. Follow Gaia T.o.S. and keep everything PG-13.

2. In every post you make, you must use some form of signature, the details of which can be found here.

3. Never, under any circumstances, create your own thread, except for your profile.

4. Post frequently. I cannot stress this enough, as it is vital to the life of this guild. Please try your best to manage three posts a week. If you know you will be away for a time, please let us know in the Absences thread.

5. Play as an original character, but be sure to give them a balance of good and bad qualities. Approved fantastical traits for your character are listed here.

6. On the note of fantastical abilities, to provide equal opportunities for everyone, each member will be allowed only two characters with amazing qualities, and each character can only have one trait.

7. Although roleplay fights will happen, I expect any serious issues with another member to be brought to me or Stoofanoo as soon as possible for an unbiased approach.

8. Ties and relations to Harry Potter characters are strictly forbidden.

9. Godmodding is not allowed, unless you have mutually panned a situation previously.

10. You must have been approved in the Sorting Hat before posting a profile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 pm
User Image

Grammar
Although we realize some grammar and punctuation laws of English are confusing, we expect you to at least make an effort to use proper spelling and punctuation. Proofreading every post will help a lot with this issue, even if it is just a quick review before hitting 'submit'.

Etiquette
Let's say A, B, and C are roleplaying together, when C realizes she has a test she needs to study for, so she excuses herself from the roleplay. A and B should then politely wait until C has time to continue the roleplay with them. I don't expect you to wait weeks on a reply, but a couple of days won't kill you.

Continuity
When roleplaying, pay attention to who you're roleplaying with. If one person says a chair is red, others in the scenario can't then say the chair is blue. This is where the 'Yes, and...' rule comes into play. One says the chair is red, so the other must agree (yes), then may add onto that (and).

Romance
Although relationships will form in this guild, romance was not introduced until Harry's fourth year, and this guild is rated PG13. Therefore I do not wish to see any first years in relationships, and I will not allow roleplaying about anything further than snogging.

Cursing
Cursing (of the magical and verbal variety) should be used as minimally as possible. Your characters are at a school, after all, and although you may think it will only reflect on your character, it really reflects more on you as a person and roleplayer.

Authoring a Post
This roleplay is to be read like a novel. This means speech needs to be identified by quotation marks ("), and you are not allowed to use things such as asterisks (*) or dashes (-) to describe action. If you need help making a certain post perfect, feel free to send the post to a crew member, and they will edit it for you. Please do not abuse this privilege.

Advanced Roleplaying Guide  

Aveyerpe

Wheezing Fatcat

Hogwarts Guild for Witchcraft and Wizardry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas