Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Montague Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 am

Montague Château, Pembroke, Wales, UK

___xxxxxThe Montague Familyxxxxx

Charles Montague
❤ → Mary-Louise Montague nee Belveau

Gabriel Montague (npc)
        ❤ → Amelie Montague (npc)
          Augustin Montague (npc)

Dominic McHalen nee Montague (moved to McHalen Family)

Last Update: Ages updated 10/8/18

Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк[03/31/2017]
Updates Accepted by: ~ Dia [1/20/18]
Characters Accepted:
Charles [03/31/2017] Mary-Louise [03/31/2017]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 am
Charles Montague

NPC

xxxxC H A R L E SxxxS M I T HxxxM O N T A G U E xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              AGE 75

BIRTHDAY 8 June 1968

BLOOD STATUS pureblood

WAND 10¾" Makore, Griffin Hair, rigid

GENDER male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English, French, Welsh

FACECLAIM Sir Patrick Stewart [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Slytherin

CLASS OF 1986

BEST LESSONS
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts
                  History of Magic
                  Transfigurations

WORST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Astronomy
                  Alchemy

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Alchemy ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
                  Wizard Law ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Alchemy ~ EE
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
                  Wizard Law ~ EE

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Head of Department of Mysteries and Unspeakable for Hall of Prophecy

DREAM JOB Dragonologist

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ COMPETITIVE Ruthless, with high goals and strong drive, Charles is hardworking and determined to achieve his dreams. He's coldblooded in his ambition, but still rigidly adheres to the law. He'll step on backs to climb the corporate ring, and that's exactly what he did to become head of his department.
              ■ PERFECTIONIST Charles is goal-orientated, each step achieved is done meticulously and with total devotion. He completes one challenge before starting another. He can be overbearing, critical, and highly demanding of his employees.
              ■ LAWFUL Despite his ruthless nature, he is a strict and law abiding man. He adheres to his own moral code as well as the ministry's and is more than expose fraud and deceit. Charles is too proud to ever stoop so low (and often has trouble reigning in his wife's vindictive nature.)
              ■ GUARDED A man of little words and less emotion, he is close guarded and mistrustful. Though he doesn't like to admit it, he's suspicious of everyone he meets. He is very protective of his family.
              ■ CAUTIOUS When possible, he lives life like a chess game, always trying to think several moves ahead. He never acts irrationally and prefers to choose his battles. He never takes a bet he knows he won't win.
              ■ INTELLECTUAL Quite the bookworm, he spends much of his time reading new novels, old history books, and anything in between. He enjoys stargazing (but not as an elective) and often attends lectures and conferences devoted to the different branches of magic and political movements in the ministry.

sports
                  gambling
                  feasts
                  books

DISLIKES
                  losing
                  blood traitors
                  thieves
                  gambling (it's a love/hate thing)
                  lawlessness

HOBBIES
                  gambling
                  reading
                  wizards chess

STRENGTHS
                  perceptive
                  fearless

WEAKNESSES
                  high expectations
                  mistrustful

FEARS
                  failure
                  defeat

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Charles was born in Wales to a long line of purebloods with (if you go back far enough) French ancestry that has remained strong in their roots (due in part to having a Montague branch of family still living in France.) His father was a strict and dour man, with little patience for incompetence and high expectations for greatness. Charles was disciplined strictly, taught vigorously, and was groomed by his father to one day become the head of the family.

SCHOOL YEARS Charles attended Hogwarts as a Slytherin, was beater and captain of the quidditch team, and leader of the dueling club. He was nominated prefect and just barely missed title as Head Boy, losing to a Ravenclaw. He took pride in academics and achievements and often joined in on the bullying of younger students of ill blood.

POST GRADUATION Immediately after graduation, Charles began his career in the Department of Mysteries. Two years after he graduated, his parents had another child, a baby girl named Lilith who later go on to marry into the Rich family (for reasons that disgusted Charles once he was told of them months before his father passed away.)

Upon a chance meeting he met and was utterly smitten by Mary-Louise Belveau from the moment he had set eyes upon her. When he met her, she was actually engaged. It began innocently enough, he met her at a country club while she waited for her fiancee to arrived, but the fiancee never showed, and he swept her off her feet. The moment he knew they both held the same values and ideals in blood purity, he knew he had to have her. After several meetings with the Belveaus, Charles had stolen her hand in marriage. Soon after the wedding, they decided to put off children for a few years as he was close to a promotion and she was eager to start her own career. In 1996, they had their first child, Gabriel. In 2007, Dominic was born. Gabriel had been an easy child, willing to learn and eager to prove himself. Dominic had been wild, rebellious, and Charles was strict in rearing the boy.

By the time Dominic had gone to Hogwarts, he had hoped he had straightened him out, but he met a girl from a blood traitor family, and was promptly disciplined, then disowned from the family. Charles has bottled up and denied all emotions of heartache and betrayal and cold-burning rage, instead preferring the empty numbness of ignorance and denial. Now he focuses his attention on work, his wife, and his eldest born, hoping for legitimate grandchildren soon.

Then, in the year of 2033, his son was finally married to a quiet, bookish girl of a reputable family. In 2034, Gabriel and his wife, Amelie, had a baby boy. Mary is thrilled and I haven't been more proud.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Son & Daughter-in-Law: Gabriel and Amelie Montague (npcs) ■ Grandson: Augustin Montague (npc) ■ Sister & Brother-in-Law: Lilith (†) and Anthony Rich ■ Nephew: Jack Rich (npc) ■ Niece & Nephew-in-Law: Annabelle and Darius Ross
              DISOWNED FAMILY Son & Daughter-in-Law: Dominic and Grace McHalen ■ Grandchildren: Aiobheal, Rhydian, Gwyneth McHalen
              FRIENDS Anthony Rich ■ Henry Burke
              BEST FRIEND ---
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Wife: Mary-Louise Monague
              ENEMIES Theodore Nott ■ William Nott II ■ McHalen Family
              PETS horned owl

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATES MADE
■ age updated [10/8/18]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 am
xxxxM A R Y - L O U I S ExxxR O S ExxxM O N T A G U E xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Mary

AGE 69

BIRTHDAY 18 November 1974

BLOOD STATUS pureblood

WAND 9" Holly, Unicorn Hair, bendy

GENDER female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English, French, Welsh

FACECLAIM Susan Sarandon [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Slytherin

CLASS OF 1992

BEST LESSONS
                  Charms
                  Potions
                  Healing

WORST LESSONS
                  Astronomy
                  History of Magic
                  Arithmancy

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ P
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
                  Herbology ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~
                  Arithmancy ~ EE
                  Cooking with Magic ~ O
                  Healing ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
                  Herbology ~ EE
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ EE
                  Healing ~ EE

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Nurse and Matron of Hogwarts

DREAM JOB --

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ STERN Rarely shown emotion as a child, she follows the same pattern to adulthood. If she's pleased or displeased, you wouldn't know the difference. Even her fake smiles seem cold and distant. She's strict and demanding, of herself and those around her.
              ■ VENGEFUL She takes her grudges to the grave. If she's slighted, she makes sure to get even. It might take years, but she's always plotting. She's proud and arrogant, and hates having anything rubbed in her face.
              ■ PROTECTIVE She lives and dies for her family; unfortunately, her children don't seem to feel the same way. She's defensive of her students, especially against werewolves trying to masquerade as professors.
              ■ TWO-FACED She rarely speaks her mind and never takes sides, preferring to stay neutral in all affairs even if its against everything she stands for. She has a reputation to maintain, after all, the public face of house Montague that everything is fair when, in fact, it is not. She plays nice when she has too and spreads lies backs; the Slytherin way.
              ■ TRADITIONAL She believes in the old customs and adheres strictly to them (even if she did challenge them once in her life.) She wants nothing more than for the family name to be carried on, to leave a lasting legacy on the magical world. She despises mugglekind, but never lets her disgust for muggleborns breach the surface when tending to her patients.
              ■ SHALLOW She likes pretty faces and pretty words. Once in her lifetime she had enjoyed thrilling depths and challenging conversations, but she's grown too old for such things. She'll always value blood purity over skill, intellect, and integrity.

tennis
                  scented candles
                  shopping
                  girls night out

DISLIKES
                  sexism
                  muggleborns
                  uncleanliness
                  disobedience
                  garden gnomes

HOBBIES
                  gardening
                  tennis
                  embroidering

STRENGTHS
                  sly
                  disciplined

WEAKNESSES
                  arrogant
                  spiteful

FEARS
                  losing her eldest son
                  losing her husband

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Born a fraternal twin, she and her brother were raised (in her eyes) in two very different worlds. Her brother, Francois, was heir, and inherited not only the entire estate, but every ounce of love. Her brother was taught to fly on a broom, fence, and wield a wand ever since he was old enough to walk and talk. She, on the other hand, was ushered to talk, walk, dance and sew like every noble born lady should. She played tennis, cricket, badminton, and netball. Her brother played quidditch, football, rugby, polo, and participated in Boxing Day Hunts. Truth be told, she had always been envious of her brother, and that only continued throughout Hogwarts.

SCHOOL YEARS Mother and father had forced her into Cooking with Magic, Healing, and Arithmancy classes, while Francois learned Legilimency, Cursebreaking, Wandless Magic, and Wizard Law. It was that madness and jealousy that drove her to the top. She devoted herself to studies and took every extra elective her parents would allow. She lunged to the top of her year and even earned title as Head Girl in seventh year (she would have been prefect, but had gotten into an argument and subsequent duel with her brother in fourth year.) He had not been reprimanded by their parents when owls were sent home, but she had. That summer had been unbearable. Deciding to take drastic measures against their daughter, they arranged a marriage to a family that, coincidentally, would further the father's political career. The day she was to meet her betrothed, Eric Xavier Knotgrass, she met Charles Montague instead and he swept her off her feet. Strings were pulled and the Montagues had won favor over Knotgrass and Mary was the set to betroth Charles.

POST GRADUATION Happily married a year after Mary's graduation, they put off children for several years and began their careers. Mary began training at St. Mungo's and Charles joined the Department of Mysteries. In 1996, they had their first child, Gabriel. In 2007, Dominic was born. In 2019, Mary left St. Mungo's to work at Hogwarts as a Healer to be closer to her youngest son while he was at school. Then he met a harlot blood traitor McHalen, and she twisted and turned her son against her. He's been disowned from the family, then in 2033 he married Grace McHalen and took her name; another jab at them, to be sure. Though she keeps her composure, she's enraged and heartbroken all at once. She's since thrown herself into her work and takes a special liking at all of her Slytherin students of pureblood. And has especially taken to doting on her eldest son, Gabriel, hoping one day for him to settle down and give her grand babies.

Recently, her disowned granddaughter, Dominic's adopted daughter, has recently joined Hogwarts and has seen fit to antagonize Mary at any chance. It's been.. difficult, to say the least.

But, in the year of 2033, her eldest son had finally married a quiet, bookish girl of a reputable family. In 2034, Gabriel and his wife had a baby boy, Augustin. Charles is so proud and Mary is thrilled to finally have a grandchild to spoil and dote on.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Son & Daughter-in-Law: Gabriel and Amelie Montague (npcs) ■ Grandson: Augustin Montague (npc) ■ Nephew: Jack Rich (mpc) ■ Niece & Nephew-in-Law: Annabelle and Darius Ross
              DISOWNED FAMILY Son & Daughter-in-Law: Dominic and Grace McHalen ■ Grandchildren: Aiobheal, Rhydian, Gwyneth McHalen
              FRIENDS Frida Borson
              BEST FRIEND ---
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Husband: Charles Montague
              ENEMIES Grace McHalen ■ Jason Hill
              PETS snowy owl

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATES MADE
■ age updated [10/8/18]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am

Gabriel Montague
[NPC]

Hi, my name is Gabriel Alexander Montague

I'm a man of knowledge.

I am a ministry worker as the Head of Improper Use of Magic

I'm thirty-three years old.

My birthday is August 27 1996

My dream job has always been to become a professional golfer...

My blood status is Pure

The house I was in was Slytherin

I was in the class of 2014

I'm interested in why, girls, of course,

I'm currently with No one,

I may seem reserved, nurturing, soft spoken, and idealistic but I'm really serious. I’m a man of facts and percentages, of knowledge and wisdom. I’ve never been much in tune with my emotions, sure, I can be ecstatic at the discovery of a new plant and I may grow forlorn at the failure of a potion brewed, but I’ve never been very good at love. I’m not very well socially adjusted, either. I tend to be blunt and straightforward, lacking any real charismatic tact. I’m argumentative, and, well, what’s to say about that—I love to argue, make people reiterate their decisions. I can be meek, at times, if I know someone else wants the last slice of chocolate pie, I’ll leave it alone, no matter how much I utterly crave it. I have an ungodly amount of respect for others and their belongings, as such, I feel I deserve just as much respect, and if I don’t receive it after extending the notion, I grow quite—ornery. It’s not something that I like. I don’t care much for blood status or class at all, I don’t care if your muggleborn or a squib, if you can tickle my brain then I’ll call you a friend.

My background story is full of disappointment. My mother and father wanted me to be the very best that I could be, they pushed me into sports, and literature and arts, the latters of which I fell in love with. I invested every fiber and synapse of my being into books, and into learning. I greedily soaked up how to play the piano, and how to brew potions, I spent diligent hours behind history books and spell books too. I much rather prefered the company of animals than another human being. It was upon my father’s discretion that I play sports, and he forced me into it, pushing me and pushing me.

I was horrible at football and polo and tennis and badminton and swimming and archery—actually, the only thing I was really good at was golfing. I became a fan of wizards chess and painting. Sculpting had been fun, but, I was rather dreadful at that too. I never was brilliant at anything, not like my little brother, Dominic. Everything always came easy to him.

My years at Hogwarts were spent exclusively in the library. I never got along well with the other Slytherins, they were too… brash and yobbo. I wanted nothing to do with it. Since I never got along well with my peers, I never earned the title of prefect. I took nearly every extra elective available, the Headmaster had entrusted me with a time-turner because of it to keep up with all of my classes. I earned an O in nearly all of my NEWTS and more awards, certificates, and trophies than I cared to count. Once I got out of Hogwarts, my father insisted I travel—apparently, it’s sort of a customary tradition for pureblood children of high and noble blood. I didn’t so much care for the thesis behind it, but, I didn’t refuse. I travelled to Russia and Romania, studying dragons. I delved through the tropic jungles of Brazil to learn earth magic and alchemy from their native people.

I enjoy the crack and smell of a new book, chamomile tea, wizards chess, Beethoven, and the occasional game of golf,

I despise actually playing quidditch, being corrected, oh, and being disrespected. How could I have almost forgotten that? Let’s see, what else, I have a disdain for cheese, as well, not sure why—oh, and tuna—Merlin’s beard I can’t stand the smell of tuna.

I'm afraid of closed, tight spaces or small, dark areas... I'm quite claustrophobic.

My strengths are my intellect, and I'm crafty; I can be a lethal threat with little more than rope, salamanders blood, and a jar of eye of newt.

My flaws are my social skills, I'm quite hard to get along with, and I'm unadaptable; I do not accept change very well at all,

I look like Jim Parsons

My wand is a 10” Ash, Aethonon Feather

My pet is an Eurasian Eagle Owl named Mycah

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Alchemy O
Study of Ancient Runes O
Arithmancy O
Astronomy O
Care of Magical Creatures E
Charms O
Defense Against Dark Arts O
Healing E