Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Elder Scrolls

Back to Guilds

The best place to discuss anything Elder Scrolls related. 

Tags: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls, Role Playing, Skyrim, Gaming 

Reply Weapons, Armor, and Clothes disscussion
What do you name your custom equipment? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:45 pm
My main character in Skyrim, Eldweena, married Vorstag, the mercenary in Markarth. I kind of fell in love with them as a couple (only to realize that everyone else had the same fantasy with their own character couples! hehe) and had Eldweena craft an enchanted necklace for her husband called "Vorstag's Gift."

I also crafted, enchanted, and named an armor set for one of my male characters. I called the helmet "His Wisdom," the gauntlets "His Might," the boots "His Speed," and the armor "His Strength."

Has anyone else crafted "sentimental" pieces? Or just have some interesting custom names to share in general?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm
I now have full dragon armor that reduces cost to destruction magic 110% and increases damage done with one handed weapons by 150% as well as a few smaller other things....lol and fully upgraged legendary armor and weapons...dual wield dragon swords one paralyses and steals health the other soul traps and steals stamina.
I call every piece of my master piece fluffy puppy. except the swords...those are fluffy kitty  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

bratkov1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 pm
Got my "Bow of Badassary" but that's about it, not one with naming things. Although sometimes when I kill someone for the brotherhood I soul trap them and enchant an item with their soul, using their name.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:05 pm
Any weapon I complete a questline with quickly
becomes Grumpy [Weapon Type Here].  

Grumpy Hamn

Shirtless Elder

7,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200

omasato_jigoku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:47 pm
Greetings;

Well, with my first character, I had married Aela the Huntress and I crafted her a Daedric Shield and sword set, A Daedric bow too, if I recall correctly, I did give them a bit of a sissy sentimental title too, but ah...Oh, and I would also tend to give my housecarls similar weapons and armor, just so they could be that much more powerful. They are gaurding my stuff you know. I just wouldn't tend to name theirs.

Normally, my weapons and armor sets as well as my enchanted clothes, jewlery and even the pickaxe I carry with me, are all named after famous alchemists or necromancers from real life history. However, on my second character, while I will also do as I did with my first, I am still level 1 though I am capable of reaching closer to 80 by now. Now, I have mostly been using the black star to soul trap people and have been naming my temporary gear after the people I kill. The Emporer being the most obviously prominent, though most of my stuff is named for bandits...Bandit Archer at...XXXX, stuff like that.

My naming my equipment after alchemists and necromancers-real life ones mind you and not from the game world, has more to do with how back in Oblivion, I would always go the extra mile with things. Soul trap something or someone important and in the cases where there happened to be something left over, ectoplasm or mort flesh, I would concoct it into a poison and name it after the individual. Such as was the case with the Draconis family, if you remember them. I would take the one doughter's sword and enchant it with the mother's soul...Name it after them both and store it with the bottle with the mother's distilled ectoplasm...What fun ^_^ Just makes me feel that much more powerful, as though I am using the souls of such people to fuel my own power...But thats just me.

Thank you...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 am
I have a lot of random enchanted weapons and armor and what not, but the one that's name I like the most is a bow I enchanted with flames and called Hunger Flames. I give names to all of the items I enchant, but that's my favorite just because of the name haha.  

Miss_Obsidian

Solarknight7

Friendly Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 pm
I named loads of my stuff.

I got everything Ebony and named it Darak'...... every time.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 pm
With a raging hatred for the Aldmeri Dominion, I offensively created a glass shield and enchanted it with resist fire.
I called it "Your Mom", using my imagination and pretending that it had that inscribed on it. Use your imagination to figure out their faces if they were real people.  

Spectra Geko

Generous Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Loiterer 100

Asylum Renegade

Cluttered Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 pm
omasato_jigoku
Greetings;
Thank you...

I love the idea of the real necro/alchemist naming sequence you did smile

For me I have thus far only named one set of items:
Ring: Emerald Chaos Ring (Gold Ring with Emerald Jewel) Destruction Spells cost 29% less to cast. Magicka regenerates 72% faster.
Armor: Glass Chesticles (Glass Armor) Destruction Spells cost 29% less to cast. Magicka regenerates 72% faster.
Helmet: Glass Clarity (Glass Armor) Increases your Magicka by 72 points. Magicka regenerates 72% faster.
Gloves: Glass Dust (Glass Bracers) Increases Light Armor skill by 29 points. Increases your Magicka by 72 points.
Boots: Shattered Dreams (Glass Boots) Increases Fire Resistance by 54%. Increases Frost Resistance by 54%.
Necklace: Jeweled Eminence (Gold Necklace with Diamond Jewel) Increases your Health by 72 points. Increases your Magicka by 72 points.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:02 pm
Every enchanted item I create has a unique name. I play D&D often so I'm used to coming up with neat names on the spot and giving them a little backstory just for my own entertainment. Oh, and I keep it lore-friendly.

The Dagger of Duke Dren, for example, passed down from Duke Dren's family that fled to Skyrim after Red Mountain exploded. The last of his line lost the ancient dagger, now held by the Dragonborn.

Ring of Mundus, you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, so a few extra pounds in your pack won't hurt too badly. (Increases carry weight.)

The Bow of Sithis, Seer's Stone, Mara's Ward, et cetera...

Stalker Sasquatch

Lonely Divorcee

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bonaarkaazluft

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:58 pm
I am a Orc and a married Ghorbash The Iron Hand, I always call him Glorpy when I yell at the TV so his armor set Glorpy's XXXXXX.... but that is really about it, im not much for naming....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:11 pm
You inspired me and named a whole set today!! ( I got my enchanting to 100 and my smiting to 85 today!!) It's a whole Heavy armor set in stalhrim.

My Bow **Faendal's Memory**

My boots ** Because F@C& you Dragon**

My Gauntlets ** Iron-Shaper's gift**

My Waraxe **Malacath Bane**

My Helm ** Azura's Wisdom**  

Bonaarkaazluft

JadenSalling
Captain

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:54 am
Bonaarkaazluft
You inspired me and named a whole set today!! ( I got my enchanting to 100 and my smiting to 85 today!!) It's a whole Heavy armor set in stalhrim.

Just curious why Faendal's Memory?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:19 am
JadenSalling
Bonaarkaazluft

Just curious why Faendal's Memory?

I always pick him in the start because i like him more then Spen... and i made him my house carl and he just glitched out. dispersed into the nothing so i made it after the man who taught me how to shoot.  

Bonaarkaazluft

Weapons, Armor, and Clothes disscussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces