Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The McHalen Manor Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The McHalen Manor is a large mansion in Chipping Clodbury. The tragic murder of Maggie and Blake Warren is just a distant memory now and the family house is always full of laughter and fun. The family always visits often and Michael has hired two new House Elves,Jenkins, and Hellen.

First Floor:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Second Floor:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Third Floor:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 am

Michael McHalen: At Home

Blake Warren: In the Graveyard

Maggie McHalen: In the Graveyard

Aimee McHalen: At Home

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 am
The McHalen family used to have 2 house elves Dolly and Jupiter. They now share the two with Grace McHalen. They spend their days at the manor and their nights at Grace's flat.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:15 pm
THE MCHALEN FAMILY

Michael McHalen - Father to Three
Blake Warren - Muggle, Father to One
Maggie McHalen - Mother to One
Grace Mchalen - Unsorted First Year
Verily McHalen - Ten Year Old
Elliryanna McHalen - Ten Year Old

||| Pureblood Family ||| Live in Chipping Clodbury ||| Five People |||

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Michael was sitting in the sitting room with one foot crossed over his knee, reading the daily prophet, when a black and white owl zoomed into the room dropped a letter into his lap and zoomed out. He glanced down and the piece of parchment and picked it up. All it had on the outside was his name in elegant loopy handwriting. He recognized the handwriting immediately and opened the letter. Inside was a short note and another piece of paper attached.
Dear Daddy,
I know you probably hate getting my letters, that's why you never reply right? I know I'm right, but i can't help but write to you. You're my father. Anyways, i just wanted to let you know, I've been accepted at Hogwarts. The letter's attached as proof.
Love Michelle ♥

Michael sighed quietly and glanced at the letter that said his oldest daughter had been accepted.

"Why don't you just write her back?" Maggie asked as she entered the room. "She's going to Hogwarts, she's bound to meet Gracie, and next year she'll meet Verily and Elliryanna. She'll find out where you live sooner or later. Just write her! It's obvious she loves you very much, and she misses you just as much as you miss her." She sat down next to her brother and looked at him imploringly, touching his arm gently. "I'm not saying you have to ask her to come live with us or anything like that; I'm just saying you should have a normal relationship with her. She's you're daughter."

Blake nodded in agreement from where he stood by the door. "Every child has the right to speak with their parents and know them. You're depriving her of that right. She wants to talk to you. You just need to let her in. 5 years is a long time to go without contact, and the threat is gone so write to her. She obviously doesn't hate you."

Grace entered the room and everyone immediately fell silent. She sighed and glared at them all. "You're talking about the lost girl again aren't you." She said "I went snooping in the attic. I found the pictures of her. There was even one of her Ver and Elli. Why do you talk about her all the time! She's gone. She ain't coming back." Gracie huffed and stomped out of the room, probably heading for the kitchen and breakfast.

Elli and Ver had been standing near by when Gracie had her temper tantrum. Elli entered the sitting room with her sister in tow. "She wrote you again, didn't she daddy." Elli had been 5 when they left Michelle, but she still had a few memories of her. "Why can't you just ask her to come visit. I miss her."

Ver stayed quiet through the entire conversation but when Elli said she missed their half sister she nodded her head vigorously. She could hear Grace storming and stomping in the kitchen, trying to get attention. She shook her head. "She's a spoiled brat." Verily said simply. "If you didn't always give her what she wanted, she wouldn't act like this."

User ImageUser Image

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 am
THE MCHALEN FAMILY

"You shouldn't speak of your cousin like that." Michael admonished, though a small smile flickered on his face for a few seconds. He did agree with his daughter, his sister treated the girl like she was gods gift to the world.In the kitchen, stomping, shouting, and general noise could be heard. "Why don't you go get her to stop." He said. The two girls nodded and left the room together. Michael turned back to the letter in his lap and walked to a desk in the corner of the room. Slowly he sank into the seat and pulled out a piece of parchment, a quill, and a bottle of ink.
Dear Michelle,
I know I haven't ever written back to you, but I don't hate you. I could never hate you. You're my daughter. Verily and Elliryanna say they miss you. I'm very proud of you for getting into Hogwarts. I know I said once you may not be magical, and i blamed it on your mother, but i never meant it. At least not that part about you're mother. You may not remember, but at the time i said that, my new wife's father was in the room, and if I hadn't blamed it on you're mother he would assume it was my fault and try to kill not only me, but you, and the twins. He was an evil man. I love you very much, and the only reason i ever left you was because he broke into our house 3 times, trying to kill you, and the only way I could ensure you're safety was by leaving. I only write to you now, because my wife has left, disappeared, whatever you want to call it, and I know that you are now safe. My sister's daughter will also be attending Hogwarts this year, and I'm sure you'll end up meeting her... although i don't think you'll like her very much. She's a bit spoiled. Anyways, I would love to see you once again... if Vincent will allow it.
Yours truly, Michael.

Michael quickly scribbled out part of the letter, but not wanting to rewrite the whole thing and lose his nerve, he sealed it and addressed it to his daughter. "Millie!" He called whistling. A large black and white owl zoomed into the room and landed on his shoulder, holding out a leg for the letter. "This is for Michelle. She lives at the Catlin residence in Tinworth." He patted her head gently and she took off.

Maggie and Blake realized what he was doing and quickly left the room. They entered the kitchen to find their daughter sitting in a chair fuming. "What do you want for breakfast dear?" Maggie asked with a smile at her daughter. "I'll make whatever you want."The blue haired girl immediately perked up.

"Pancakes! And Eggs and bacon, and hash." Gracie said quickly, glad to finally have the attention back on her. She pushed a few strands of hair behind her ear and smiled widely at her mother. "Are we going to buy my things for Hogwarts today?" She asked. She knew her parents would say yes. They always did what ever she wanted.

Ver rolled her eyes and sat down at the dining table a few seats away from Grace. Her sister sat next to her. She sighed and leaned her chin into her palm.

Elli smiled and nudged her sister. "Don't worry." She whispered. "Next year we'll be going to Hogwarts too, and we can bother her as much as we want during the school year without Aunt Maggie stopping us." She smirked playfully. "Not that she'll be in the same house as us." She continued with a glance at Grace. "She's not smart enough to be in Ravenclaw, and I'm positive that's where we'll be."
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:41 pm
THE MCHALEN FAMILY

Michael yawned widely as he finally entered the kitchen. "I can take you to Diagon Grace, I was going to take Ver and Elli to get pets anyways." He said as he sat down at the table. Right as he did so, Maggie placed steaming plates of pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hash down. Michael put two pancakes on his plate and began to eat.

Blake nodded. "I'd like to see this Diagon Alley you speak of." He said in a matter of fact tone. "We...we er won't need to go to that bank you were speaking of right?"

Maggie sat and began to eat as well. "We can all go to Diagon together then." She said happily."You do know there is a slight possibility of running into your daughter right." She said with a knowing smile at her brother. He had obviously not had any intentions of buying the twins pets until he'd received the letter from his oldest daughter. She could tell by the shocked and excited looks on their faces, which only gained more excitement when they heard the mention of their half sister. Maggie shook her head when her husband spoke. "Nope, I withdrew some money just last week. We'll be fine." She said with a smirk at her husband. When she'd described Goblins to him he had seemed utterly terrified.

Grace had been happily eating until she heard the mention of the twins and the lost girl. "Why do they have to come with?" She asked with a sneer at the twins. "They aren't eleven! They won't be going to Hogwarts until next year, that is if they get letters." She stuck her tongue out at them behind her parents back. "So why do they need pets." She stabbed at her eggs angrily, glaring at her cousins. "And you're not going to see that stupid half sister of yours." She growled. "She's lost remember? Gone. Not coming back."

Elli rolled her eyes. "You just don't like her because whenever she comes up, everyone starts talking about her instead of you. You're afraid of meeting her because you think she'll steal you're attention." She laughed at the shocked look on Gracie's face and smirked.

Ver shook her head at the older girl. "Our dad can buy us pets whenever he wants to. It's not up to you to decide." She said simply.

"All right you guys, stop fighting now." She called out. "Grace, Ver and Elli will be coming with us and Michelle does exist and it is very likely we will run into her, the school year begins very soon." She waved her wand and the empty dishes all zoomed into the kitchen. "Now come along you three. We'll be apparating to Diagon. Grace, Blake hold on to me tight now. " She turned to her brother. "See you in a moment." She said before turning on the spot and disappearing with a loud crack.

Michael rolled his eyes as his two daughters walked over to him. "If we do run into Michelle, It's going to be quite awkward you know." He said. The two girls said at the exact same time."Only for you da!" He rolled his eyes at his daughters and held out his arms. They both gripped on tightly and he to spun on the spot, disappearing just like his sister.
User ImageUser Image

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:37 am
VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

ELLIRYANNA LAURELIA MCHALEN

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||10 Year Olds|||

User Image
Verily followed her sister through the dark corridors. No one had opened the curtains in this part of the house because it was never used anyways. "Elli, where are we going?" She asked her twin, her eyes darting around to eye all the creepy portraits that were glaring down at her. Elli turned the corner ahead of Ver and then screeched at the top of her lungs. "Elli!" Ver called, racing after her sister. When she turned the corner she found her sister lying on the floor with a large sculpture of a snake ontop of her. "What happened?"

Elliryanna swept around the corner and immediately ran into a large dark figure. She screeched and fell, the figure fell on top of her. When Verily walked around the corner with their lamp Elli realized what she had taken to be a strange dark figure was actually just a sculpture of a snake. She groaned and rolled the statue off of her and stood up. When her sister asked, she laughed awkwardly. "In the dark it looked like a man and I thought someone had gotten into our house." She smiled sheepishly at her twin and pulled her red hair over her shoulder, beginning to braid it unconsciously. "Aunt Maggie told us to go find Jupiter and Dolly, we've already looked in all the normal places, so now we have to go to the shoot..." She trailed off looking around the corridor. "I'm just not positive exactly where that is."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm
Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image
Verily rolled her eyes at her twin and looked around the corridor. "You told Aunt Maggie you knew where you were going!" She turned to face the other girl sternly, tapping her fingers against her arm rhythmically. She finally returned her eyes to the dark hallway. "Why would our grandparents make this hallway so dark?" She asked to no one in particular.
OOC:...

Feeling:
Where I am:
What I'm doing:
Who I'm with:
Love interest:

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Shut up
Nobody cares what you have to say
Shut up
Nobody's listening to you anyway

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image
Elli ignored her sisters stern look and led the way forward. "How do you think we're going to survive at Hogwarts if we can't even find our way around our own house!" She paused to think about Ver's second question and then shrugged. "Well this is the hallway that leads to the shoot down to the elf quarters, I guess they didn't think the house elves worthy of liiiiiiiighhht!" She screeched as she suddenly stepped into open air. As she fell she reached backwards blindly and wrapped her fingers around Ver's wrist, sending them both tumbling down the secret shoot.

Feeling:
Where I am:
What I'm doing:
Who I'm with:
Love interest:

I'm gonna kick you
Right between your hips
Cause you're such a catty b***h
And for me it's such a switch
Cause I'm usually such a lady
But tonight I'm gonna smack a b***h

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 pm
User Image
Lockhart

The large majestic bird swooped into the window with a black ribbon on his left leg. There was a rolled up parchment with the giant letter B on the top of the paper as the same othe ribbon. The note read as.......

Your family is invited to attend the Benster family ball. This will take place at the Benster Family Home in the town of Ilkly from August 18, 2012(8:00pm est) till August 20, 2012(8:00pm est). Please send a note back with the owl to let us know if can attend.

This event is black tie and we will be dancing, eating, and conversing with many people. Anyone in the family may come and may bring dates if they would like.

After the deliveiry was made the majestic bird flew off the window seal and made his way back home.

XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:54 pm
MAGGIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||One Daughter|||Pureblood|||Stay AT Home Mom/ Chef|||

User Image
Maggie looked up in surprise as the owl swept in, dropped a letter and then left. She picked it up and read through it quickly, a smile growing on her face. "ooh! This sounds like fun." She said. She whistled for Feather. The snowy owl came flapping down from her perch on top of the fridge. Maggie wrote back quickly. We will be able to attend. We will see you soon She tied the letter to Feather's leg and the bird took off. She turned to see the twins approaching with Dolly and Jupiter in tow. "Girls go get into some fancy clothes. We're going to a party. " She smiled at the twins and they walked off together, chattering. "Dolly will you go set out a nice outfit for me. Jupiter please tell Blake and Michael to get ready." She smiled kindly at the house elves. Before sending a pie she had baked into the freezer and following the elves out of the kitchen.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 am
VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||10 Year Olds|||

User Image
Ver returned from the party exhausted and collapsed on her bed with a large yawn. She smiled at her sister as she entered the room as well. "I think tomorrow dad said he'd finally take us to get our pets."

Elli nodded her head excitedly and dropped onto her bed, pulling off her shoes and socks as she went. "I think we should get half-kneazles!" She said with a smiled. "They're so cool!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:47 pm
Wise

User Image

A snowy white owl appeared on the window sill. It squawked loudly, trying to get the Ravenclaw's attention.
Hey Gracie!
Diagon Alley seems fun! Mind if I bring a friend along? He's a Gryffindor.
Anyway, I've been good, well as much as you can be. I miss flying and stuff. I can't wait to get back to school. I've written a few songs over the summer too. But since I only know a few instruments, it feels like something is missing, though. Oh! I probably won't have a parent with me. My dad doesn't like magic and my mum is still upset about what happened at Gringotts last year...But, I'll see soon. Probably bump into you!
Caitlin

The owl held out it's leg, waiting for the letter to be taken from it.  

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 pm
Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Gracie read the letter from her friend and squealed happily. "Mom! Dad! Michael! Gracie's meeting us at Diagon and she's bringing a friend!" She called around the house, dragging the rest of her family together with her. "Lets go! Let's go!" Her cousins joined in on her chanting, as they were excited to be getting their wizarding things finally. Exhasperatedly Maggie took her hand and nodded to Michael before apparating, taking Grace with her. Michael followed suit taking the twins with him.

Love interest: Jack

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 am
♫ Feeling: Worried.
♫ Company: Nobody.
♫ What I'm thinking: Who's going to open the door?
♫ What am I doing; Waiting.
♫ Dating:
Samuel Meridith.
User Image
♯ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Ȼɑɩȶɬɩη Єηɕεɬȿ

ɢɾӌғғɩηɗѳɾ
Ⱦнɩɾɗ Ӌεɑɾ Ȼʜɑsεɾ
♯ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
"There is nothing more badass than being yourself."

Caitlin walked up to the front door and knocked on it. She had been wandering for a while, trying to remember where Gracie had said she lived. She was pretty sure she had found it. Caitlin wasn't sure who would answer the door. Didn't Grace live with her cousins and uncle? She hadn't really talked to her cousins very much. Well, Elli was on the Quidditch Team, but she hadn't spoken to her much outside of that.

OOC: ...

User ImageUser Image
ﻉ√٥ﺎ

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]