Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 pm
User Name: mewrose
Trainer Name: Lyle Cricket
Trainer Bio: Lyle comes from a very poor family, with a single mom and four siblings all crammed into a small apartment. His mom works hard and his two older siblings also have jobs to try and help support the family. Lyle wants to help too, but since he's only 11 there's no job he could possibly get. Except pokemon trainer! Sometimes trainers can earn money by battling, so he wanted to become a trainer so he could do that (also because it looked really cool and he loves pokemon.) But it seemed like it would never happen, because he didn't have a pokemon and could never afford to take care of one. Until he met a Sableye when he was out playing one day, and the pokemon followed him home. The pokemon ate rocks, which Lyle could dig up for himself, so it didn't cost any money to keep. It was also small enough that it didn't take up much space in their little apartment, and would never evolve and get bigger. Perfect! With Spinel at his side (or more often on his head, where the Sableye likes to perch), Lyle works hard to become the very best trainer he can be.
In school he's a member of an after school pokemon trainer club, which took a field trip to the Motterossa Gym Leader tryouts. Lyle secretly entered himself in, and although he won his first battle, he lost his second and didn't proceed to the second round. Still, so far that's the highlight of his short career as a trainer, and he uses it as encouragement to try harder.
Position Desired: Trainee Assistant (IC he would love to be an Assistant, OOC I feel he would work better as a Trainee due to his youth, inexperience and only having one pokemon)
Reason for Applying: Lyle wants most of all to be able to help his family, though being able to make friends with pokemon and have fun battling is a close second. The fact that he'll also get free food, clothes (would they really be brand new clothes all to himself, not used or hand-me-downs?), occasional extra money and a place to stay makes it seem absolutely perfect to him. He'd miss his mom and siblings, since they'd have to stay in Katarina so they can keep their jobs, but the fact that he'll be out of the house means there's one less person for his mom to take care of, which will make it easier for her. He would love to have more pokemon, but he wouldn't be able to afford to take care of them at home. If someone else is paying for their expenses, he'll be free to make more pokemon friends, and can focus on training and battling them instead of taking care of their basic needs.
Pokemon Owned: Spinel the Battle Sableye
Describe Your Battle Experience: While I certainly am not among the players with the greatest number of battles, I've been in at least a couple dozen and know the system well enough to coach other people through a battle and point out errors or questionable uses of moves (such as whether Mirror Move could legally be used to copy Ice Punch that had been used to try and freeze, yet have the mirrored version do damage instead). I've also started and am in the process of running an unofficial tournament, and plan to run more. I have not been in any battles with more than one pokemon per person, but I understand how they work.

Lyle has been in more battles than any of my other characters. He will happily point out that he's been in two tournaments, one of which was the Motterossa Gym Leader tryouts (and he won his first battle in it!). He's always willing to battle, learns from his mistakes and from opponent's strategies, and is not overly discouraged when he loses a battle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm
User Name: Qixel
Trainer Name: Lenore
Trainer Bio: Lenore grew up as an orphan in Orre. The other kids would taunt her mercilessly over her distinct lack of parents, something all the other kids had. But she never let them think she gave a single care about their opinions. She taught herself how to read, and lived by thieving small morsels and being given the occasional handout by an adult.

She met Mephistopheles when he was on his Bloodening, a tradition all duskulls went through where he was from. The two were later forced to flee Orre for their safety, and arrived in Zatao.

Since then, she and Mephistopheles have been looking for a way to improve their situation. Although she has no taste for it, Lenore enters Mephistopheles into pokemon battles so that they may earn a bit of money to get by. When Lenore saw the hiring ad for the position, she figured it was worth a shot to sign up.
Position Desired: Assistant (or Trainee, which ever. She just wants money and housing, haha.)
Reason for Applying: Room and board, getting paid, battle experience, new pokemon to see - what's not to apply for?
Pokemon Owned: Mephistopheles, the duskull.
Describe Your Battle Experience: At time of writing, Mephistopheles has completed 35 battles, giving him more hp than some fully evolved pokemon. Outside of Lenore, Walpurgis has some battle accolades of his own - 25 battles with Gangrel, 10-ish battles with Satori, and entered the gym leader qualifiers (and lost both matches, but let's ignore that).

Out of character, I've been responsible for getting numerous moves nerfed (my victims include taunt, and all forms of self-destructing moves). I've been in more battles than most (possibly including even you, Nashi! 8D), and I have several victories over you, which I think shows I can be tough. emotion_awesome  

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 am
User Name: StarrySeas
Trainer Name: Sienna Ivystone
Trainer Bio: Journal
Position Desired: Assistant
Reason for Applying: As Shina may remember, Sienna was also on a quest to become a gym leader in the tournament Shina won her leadership in. Since she didn't win, Sienna knows she needs more experience and what better way to do it than working at a real Gym? She knows she wouldn't be an assistant forever, but she's been one before and knows she has what it takes to be an assistant.
Pokemon Owned: Frey (1200HP), Enide (950HP), Kipper (950HP), and Skylar(800HP though he's a Companion)
Describe Your Battle Experience: Sienna has a grand total of 30 battles under her belt, plus past assistant experience.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:15 pm
User Name: Shadica
Trainer Name: Keria
Trainer Bio: Keria grew up in Kanto. She was never very interested in starting a Pokémon journey preferring instead her puzzles and books. The stories her brother told her about his friends’ journeys and his own short one intrigued her, although she found them interesting they weren’t enough to make her go on her own journey. She had battled several times with her brother’s Pidgey and he offered to let her take it with her when she started her journey. A few months after he disappeared, Keria heard of a boat going to Zatao and left Kanto on it. Once there she planned to get her trainers license and explore a bit like he wanted her to. Once she got to Zatao she ended up getting caught up in the museum incident and befriended a wild Rattata who helped her catch her first Pokémon, an Eccentric Emolga. She hopes to become a gym leader one day.
Position Desired: Trainee Assistant
Reason for Applying:Keria would like to be a gym leader someday and she couldn't say no to shina's offer to become an assiten when they where traped in the bidoof temple.
Pokemon Owned: Voltron the emolga, Houdinin the bitzle, Cocoa the bidoof, and Elysia the Pachirisu.
Describe Your Battle Experience: I have fought seven battles. One with you, another with ryuu and the rest where with qix.  

shadica

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 pm
BATTLE ME!
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles, Jin-Gitaxias if I'm supposed to use more than one.
Your Pokemon's HP: 1700 HP and 900 HP respectively.
Trainer you are challenging: The Bidoofs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 am
Qixel
BATTLE ME!
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles, Jin-Gitaxias if I'm supposed to use more than one.
Your Pokemon's HP: 1700 HP and 900 HP respectively.
Trainer you are challenging: The Bidoofs.

Sentry can battle you, if you'd like.  

mewrose
Crew

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm
BATTLE ME!
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles
Your Pokemon's HP: 1750
Trainer you are challenging: Either of the Junior Assistants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm
Qixel
BATTLE ME!
Trainer you are challenging: Either of the Junior Assistants

Keria will fight! Using Houdini and Voltron, Or just Voltron if you'd prefer.  

shadica

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:17 pm
BATTLE ME!
Trainer you are challenging: Sienna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm
Qixel
BATTLE ME!
Trainer you are challenging: Sienna

Challenge accepted!

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm
I CHALLENGE THE GYM LEADER!
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles and Jin-Gitaxias
Your Pokemon's HP: Meph: 1800, Gitaxias: 950
Link to qualification battles:
Meph vs Sentry (Resident Pogey Battle)
Lenore vs Keria (Junior Assistant Battle)
Mephistopheles vs Frey (Senior Assistant Battle)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:34 pm
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles, Jin-Gitaxias, and Elesh Norn (Battle Pokemon)
Your Pokemon's HP: Meph: 1850, Gitaxias: 1000, Elesh Norn: 1000

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:16 pm
Qixel
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles, Jin-Gitaxias, and Elesh Norn (Battle Pokemon)
Your Pokemon's HP: Meph: 1850, Gitaxias: 1000, Elesh Norn: 1000

Your challenge is accepted.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 am
BATTLE ME!
Trainer Name: Zin
Pokemon You Are Using: Zebo
Your Pokemon's HP: 1150
Trainer you are challenging: A bidoof

Renekai

Qixel
Crew

Adorable Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm
Pokemon You Are Using: Mephistopheles, Jin-Gitaxias, and Elesh Norn
Your Pokemon's HP: Meph: 2000, Gitaxias: 1100, Elesh Norn: 1450

Let's try this again.  
Gym Leader Stadium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces