Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Scary situation!...not to bad really

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dymagox

Dedicated Bibliophile

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:58 pm
So I was out at my comic store (I am one of the owners heart ) And one of our younger regular costumers came in. Now mind you I am a transgender woman and I just started going out in public last week. This kid is 10, his parents run the bar in the mall we are located in. I ducked behind the counter so quick then ran in the back and hid (he doesn't know anything like this, he is a little sheltered). I know, not the smartest thing to do. My coowner asked if I was all right, and asked if I wanted to walk down with her to talk to the parents and explain things. So we did, the parents were really thankful about the whole me telling them first thing, and the mother walked down and had a talk "basic" talk about what transgender was and told him about me. He took it well. I know, not much of a story, but it terrified me when I saw him walk in, he is kind of the stores little brother how everyone treats him, and I didn't want his parents to be mad at me or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:18 pm
Dymagox

1. Wow I'm glad the situation went pretty well it seems. It could have been a lot worse. I Know it's really hard when things like that happen, but keep moving forward and stay strong!

2. I freaking love Durarara!  

Shameless Smile

Dymagox

Dedicated Bibliophile

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:38 am
Shameless Smile
Dymagox

1. Wow I'm glad the situation went pretty well it seems. It could have been a lot worse. I Know it's really hard when things like that happen, but keep moving forward and stay strong!

It could of, kind of why I didn't mention anything to the parents yet, because I was trying to figure out how. But that is one step more closer for me for going full time!!! It's happening so fast! But in a good way~ heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am
Dymagox
Shameless Smile
Dymagox

It could of, kind of why I didn't mention anything to the parents yet, because I was trying to figure out how. But that is one step more closer for me for going full time!!! It's happening so fast! But in a good way~ heart

Ha that's really exciting! Well good luck telling your parents.  

Shameless Smile

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 am
wow, gratzi on the situation and the change! i'd never be able to do anything like that sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 pm
You handled the situation well. good luck  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

Dymagox

Dedicated Bibliophile

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:30 pm
Shameless Smile
Dymagox
Shameless Smile
Dymagox

Ha that's really exciting! Well good luck telling your parents.
I meant his parents lol, but my mom already knows.

I had an uncle who some how didn't know (i'm pretty much fully out). He found out today, it was kind of a negative experience, but it could of been far worse. He just basically asked why I was doing that to him and was telling me he would love me no matter what but he couldn't except or believe in my choice

@Yoseisame and BspBleach: Thank you!  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff