Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 pm
zOMG Training Manual ideas:

DRAFT for new schedule:

Heartfire Crew Meats:

12Noon Sat. - CA.........(10pm - Sofia)...................(3am Sun. Manilla0
VG (Village Greens) - 1 screen left of null
Clan Server: Last one alphabetically

When a meat begins, chatting ends. Scheduled meats are for training!
To chat or ask questions, come 1/2 hour before the meat,
to the Sunday pool party, or join a hangout crew during the week.
You may make a written suggestion or complaint in the main forum,
but DO NOT DISRUPT a meat.

-----------------------------
User Image
Weekly Crew Meats

When a meat begins, chatting ends.
You may file a written suggestion or complaint in the main forum, but DO NOT DISRUPT a meat. No cross-talk.
Our crewleaders work hard, please show consideration - or you may be put on ignore for the entire meat.

Suggestions:

For getting to a Meat, friend the assigned host.
For discussion, 1) come early. 2) PM jellykans as sDJx, clan mule. 3) Bring it to the pool party.

If you want a change, read about it first and be willing to submit it in writing. jelly may be available on meebo, but ask.
We are looking for feedback on the zOMG Training Manual, in Projects/WIP.

If you ONLY want to chat, please leave when the Meat starts.

Violators will receive retraining, aka 'cruel and unusual punishment,'
from the Captain. Or a clan member may be ignored temporarily.

Weekly Schedule:

Friday -
5pm Mavdoc's Dev Meat (See top of jellykans' profile.)

Saturday - Weekly Crew Meat
11:30am PDT - Social Time
12 Noon PDT - Weekly Crew Meat - announcements & crewing
12:15pm PDT - Depart.

Sunday - Pool Party - jelly
1pm PDT - ALL Social Time/Discussion/Water Fights

Monday - Ask-the-Admin thread meeting, 5-5:30pm begins. (Come early.)
(See top of jellykans' profile.)

Casual crews and lessons are available during the week, see zOMG Crewing thread

*Needed in manual -
How to report TOS and other violations, to Gaia and to the Clan. (Now in main forum.)
Security issues.
What is reportable?
When and how do you ignore?
How do you document and report?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Heartfire!

Rights & Responsibiliies

You represent Heartfire, as Heartfire represents you. Let your relationships be ones of mutual respect.
Each member has the right to be respected and to receive a fair hearing and appeals process for any problem.

Crew Leader (in zOMG)

The Crew Leader gives directions and may assign roles or buffs. This is your field officer, whether it is a clan crew-leader or someone recruiting a pick-up crew. The Crew Leader is to be respected and their orders followed. If there is a serious problem, you can always leave a crew. Hopefully, that does not happen often. See the complaint thread if this occurs within the clan.

Crewing Rules

How to Lead a Crew:

Leader -

Leader is the person who gathers the crew.
Leader remains the leader until the crew is handed off, or disbanded.
A trainer (clan officer) if present, can give orders to the Crewleader.
No crewmember is left behind, unless they are unable to be a part of the team. (Crew objective is NOT upgraded AFTER members are crewed, unless everyone agrees. If a crewmember MUST be kicked, document it.)

Use of shout - No one thought anyone would misuse it...
Use shout ONLY to ask for crewmembers ("2 slots for PS") or an emergency. Shout is NOT for normal conversation or 'fun.'

Emergency - when you cannot use whisper (no time or lack of exact username, need to get attention to shut down inappropriate behavior
or save work, etc. )

These are excellent rules, but belong to another clan -
GOM's Rules:

Rules
We're all here to have fun and friendship on zOMG. Just make sure it's fun for everyone.

1. Respect all members of the clan. Remember that people range in age and belief, but stay polite and respect their differences.
2. Honesty: When voting in clan contests, vote based upon real things the person did, or on the merits of their entry. Do not vote with more than one account.
3. Be Polite. If you ask for assistance, try to be where you say you'll be to get it. If someone helps you, please thank them.
4. Follow all Gaiaonline terms of service.
5. Mule accounts are allowed in the clan. However do NOT use more than one account to vote in, or enter contests!
5. No Begging. You may include links to your shops and your quests in your signature or post them in the Trading Post within reason.
6. Use proper English in all of your posts. A few abbreviations are fine, but l447, and excessive chat speak is annoying and can receive warnings.
7. Use clan chat (if it works) but do not post incessantly, nor chat just for the sake of posting if no-one is responding.

Crewing Rules:
1. Respect the crew leader. Follow reasonable directions.
2. Respect all of the members. Joking is fine, but if anyone is offended let it drop.
3. Don't impede the crew goals. If you want to do something different and the crew is full offer your spot to someone who can help.
4. Do not run ahead and steal too many kills unless the crew OKs it first.
5. Don't steal crates/chests unless someone OKs it or is gone for a long time.
6. Assist All Members. Heal/Buff as is reasonable. Try to keep the crew together so all can get credit.

Buff Assignment

1) Go to null and remove buffs - empty 2 slots if you are in a full crew, empty 3 slots if it is a smaller crew. Then you are no longer tied to null for buff assignment.

This will be standard practice in the clan.

Combat/Rings/Buff Assn. - John Columbo
Ring Around the Fingers (A tactics guide, for and by users) - Master Drakontis
zOMG! Buff check - Paro-Daryl

Ring Assignment - AoE
Assigning buffs:
1 - Leave crew chat for Talk to get crew's attention.
2 - Announce that crew chat is only to be used for assigning buffs, until done.
3 - Ask everyone to unequip 2 or 3 slots for buffs - and to return from null with those slots open.
4 - Ask everyone to review ring info on each buff, esp. if unfamiliar with them.
5 - Start with the lowest cl person in group, end with highest.

Buffs - ghost, Iron, rock, coy, sphere, div, halo, tef, dens, iron, keen, fleet

Buff study:
1 - Ask everyone to review ring characteristics, starting with equipped, but knowing and using all by reaching 10.0.
2 - Recommend ring thread(s) - zOMG and Q & A subforums in clan, sticky on Resources & Guides in Public zOMG Forum (z!F)
3 - Study topics - Rage, Aggro, Hate; Ring Sets.

Teamwork (All Members)

The goal is to share tasks so that at least two Vice Captains are fully trained at any one time. The reality may not meet the goal at all times, but we will work towards that. Likewise, we will try to train someone as an alternate for each clan responsibility.

To truly learn something at mastery level, you need to do the initial learning, teach it to someone else, and then teach someone to teach. If you can do that without too much error creeping in, you have mastered the subject. Not everyone seeks mastery, no one masters everything, but do understand the process.

Training another person to do something often takes longer than doing it yourself, but learning how to train is something else that should become familiar in this clan. In the apprenticeship system, the new apprentices are just learning. Then they become journeymen and teach, and then they become masters and teach journeymen how to teach. That is the practice I want to see established here in Heartfire.

Layers

You can crew another person to your own layer. [Or you can whisper someone to recrewt you to their layer. (See details below.)
While Towns will also split, there is no feature to draw anyone to another layer/zipcode.]
You can also click on a friend's dot on the map to join their layer.
Or you can walk in and out of null up to 11 times, checking each time for dots on the rmap, to find the right layer.

Crewing is the most reliable method, clicking a dot is the easiest.

Meats & Layers: Each server has 11 layers. Come early if you can to reach the layer of the meat.
a) If one of us gets there, that person can crew the rest in to the layer. Whisper to that person to crew you.
(/username message) or (click on whisper, enter username on left and message on right)
b) Click on a friend's dot on the map.
c) Less reliable - walk in and out of null 11 times, checking each layer to see if the meet is there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lessons to be learned in each instance/taught to and by crewleaders for that instance.

Orientation (takes 50-55 minutes) -
Go to Barton, look at zOMG screen and go over the lower panel and menus (vary amount by how much the person is understanding, better to 'get' a few features than overload).
Go to in-game menu on lower right - change level to 2.0 or lower (mention can only raise in null).
Enter Waterworks ("sewers") - Note to skip tutorial, person can use it next time there. (Pattern - Go right up stairs, circle the instance clockwise to complete the run.) Show spawn points, gramsters by railings and peelungers under falling water. Note toalways kill groups, orbs are usually on #3 or 4 of animated. Show the first faucet /water main and note the quest includes 4. (Each member of crew now must open each one to complete the quest.) Next main is downstairs and back to right. Note this as well as the platform are good places to farm, and that sewers is where you can farm orbs by yourself. Then go to spawn point for peelungers before going left to the chest, teach rules (use 'q' and autotarget to kill all animated in the area before opening the chest, crewleader opens chest, chests refill in about 15 minutes, Alpha Grams only appear by chests). Are 2+ chests, and the large are for farming. End - if person is over 2.0, go to null to raise CL's. Can give more on game menus, answer questions. DO discuss leveling, he 'boost' your rings get and how important it is to crewing. Try to max out at 50-55 minutes.

VG

BR - Touching the crystal to attune it/Zen and Bass'ken gates to Barton
Rage.

Rings - see section above.
Ring Assignment - AoE
Assigning buffs:
1 - Leave crew chat for Talk to get crew's attention.
2 - Announce that crew chat is only to be used for assigning buffs, until done.
3 - Ask everyone to unequip 2 or 3 slots for buffs - and to return from null with those slots open.
4 - Ask everyone to review ring info on each buff, esp. if unfamiliar with them.
5 - Start with the lowest cl person in group, end with highest.

Buff study:
1 - Ask everyone to review ring characteristics, starting with equipped, but knowing and using all by reaching 10.0.
2 - Recommend ring thread(s) - zOMG and Q & A subforums in clan, sticky on Resources & Guides in Public zOMG Forum (z!F)
3 - Study topics - Rage, Aggro, Hate; Ring Sets.

Buffs - ghost, Iron, rock, coy, sphere, div, halo, tef, dens, iron, keen, fleet

Ring notes - Turtle is useful when acting as a loner.
Use hive for ring testing?
Study secondary effects of rings
Study debuffs - so you don't rip a good buff off the crew. Which are debuffs? Some attack rings are.
of the 12 buffs, only assign one important one per person, to get better coverage.

Dropping level - always stay within the suggested level for the area or instance.
1) You will get ma_imum gold, orbs, drops
2) NPC's for the area will respond to you. (Too high and they will not offer you missions, higher yet and they will not speak - no chat bubble at all.)

Barton - Daily Chance/ghi/quests
Waterworks/The zOMG screen (50 minutes/Beginner Lesson)

VG - Lighting up a map/practice with maps/discuss layers

DMP - Raging, location of DMS, keeping crew together and buffing

Zen: - Road to Zen - go north on road next to BR null

Bassken - Trail to Bass'ken - go up from Magic Lanterns in north Zen

Gold's

Old Aqueduct - Hive - Kill lightning bugs first, they are healers.

Buccaneer Boardwalk

Otami - Throne Room - Draft
Note lowest cl before buff removal, entire crew drops to that level. (Or will have to wait until all buffs are assigned.) Empty 2 buff slots for a full crew, 3 slots if fewer (4 people = 3 buffs each). Captain or another will assign buffs. Meet at Otami entrance or as directed.
Go after masks to right of Throne Room, to build rage. (Note that certain heals can also add rage.)
Enter on Normal for a new or small crew. On 2nd round, if things went well, try hard.
Walk out to start.
Kill a Witch Doctor before Tiny Terrors. Witch docters heal TT's. (Like Lightning Bugs in hive). GSC isn't vulnerale til guardian masksare offstage.
Assign 1-2 people to kite & kill the small stuff, focus on the Giant Stone Coatl.

SS prep:
Level up all buffs to 10.0 (or a least 8.0.) Aim for all rings a 8.0 or higher.
Finish all quest chains up to SS.
Practice with buff assignment and practice with all rings.
Practice healing and buffing all crew members during battle.

DMS prep:
complete quest chains
Level up to 10.0 across-the-board.
Really learn SS and its smob/smeb runs.
Practice with ring assignment and with all rings.
Read thread reccommended by _e3k. (Add title).

7/12 - my 3 posts edited, Dandy assisted: schedule/rules, crewing, lessons..
went over posts by skel and fae, bolded items I want to follow up on.

zOMG]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22368391&is_clan=1]zOMG Links

vocabulary
dngn = dungeon (instance)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm
Below are incomplete notes, so it might not be comprehensible at times.

-incorporate taking out 2 or 3 buffs into a daily clan-meeting routine? so people can get into the habit of doing that and for ultimate convenience.

-make the notes a general rules / available to the public for everyone to see / better experienced with what to do (members) / will be easier to work with.

-a general thread with all the listings, the training manual essentially, once finished also available to public eye quite obviously. -- make manual as neat and clearly categorized as possible to ensure convenience -- images when appropriate.

-NOTE: for images, go to zomg and screen shot the needed pictures by self or along with jelly and/or other people who are willing. try not to make images to clustered.

-once "dynamics" and other silly (but essential) things are decided, the essential body of the manual can start to develop.

-QUESTION: what is the rough estimate of time needed to complete each procedure of training manual? - 50 minutes for orientation (Sewers and zOMG screen) - only one we have so far.

-give a brief, small description of the buffs and rings? not the exact description given to begin with but the essential parts of it that will help people use their rings the way it's intended to be used?

-give people exercises like finding the quickest way to the null chamber in each area? and most convenient way (least amount of animated to attack you).

Kyrbo

Shirtless Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100

phedre_whiteraven

Rainbow Seeker

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 am
Looks great so far! I'll try to think of anything that can be add in. Maybe we could do a level guide in there as well. Like what everyone should be capable of at each world...like in Zen Gardens most should know how to use rage and buffs, and be able to work well in crews; while anyone in the Ranch should start looking into crewing and know at least how to use rage and heal themselves (that's if they're working their way thru the worlds). Also what CL's each world is at so they know what they are getting themselves into when crewing or going into a boss's lair.

I know this is suppose to be more of a crew guide and all but I think these to things would be a great help. Oh! another thought I had is to maybe make a buff guide to explain each buff and how they help a crew out. By either protecting or enhancing crew members stats. Or just a ring guide in general in explaining which attacks work best against certain monsters.

~ Fae  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm
phedre_whiteraven
Looks great so far! I'll try to think of anything that can be add in. Maybe we could do a level guide in there as well. Like what everyone should be capable of at each world...like in Zen Gardens most should know how to use rage and buffs, and be able to work well in crews; while anyone in the Ranch should start looking into crewing and know at least how to use rage and heal themselves (that's if they're working their way thru the worlds). Also what CL's each world is at so they know what they are getting themselves into when crewing or going into a boss's lair.

I know this is suppose to be more of a crew guide and all but I think these to things would be a great help. Oh! another thought I had is to maybe make a buff guide to explain each buff and how they help a crew out. By either protecting or enhancing crew members stats. Or just a ring guide in general in explaining which attacks work best against certain monsters.

~ Fae

Yes! Note the title - zOMG Training Manual. It will over many areas and will include links. Your outline sounds like you have been part of our meetings. John Columbo and Master Drakontis are working on ring and buff guides. I wilf be moving more into the zOMG forum and into the manual. This will be an ongoing project, with specific areas added as they are needed or as people contribute.
User Image
Btw - I used bolding to highlight the parts I wanted to follow up on.  

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

phedre_whiteraven

Rainbow Seeker

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:31 am
Thanks Jelly! I'm glad I helped in some way! I think I said this to you already but if you need help let me know. I also wanted to let you know about an organizing technique I use for ring storage while the thought is in my head. I don't know if this will work for everyone mind you, but it helps me a lot. I organize each row by CL level of rings so I know where I'm at level wise for each attack and buff.

Example:

row 1: CL 2-2.9
row 2: CL 3-3.9

etc.

Again I don't know how everyone else does it but I find that it makes it easier to see what should be leveled and what shouldn't. Also when it comes time for crewing I can easily let a crew leader know what CL each buff is at so I don't have to think about it or search to hard. Just an idea though! Let me know if it works for anyone else?

~ Fae  
Projects/WIP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff