Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mischief Managed Roleplay

Back to Guilds

Roleplay Guild For Mischief Managed B/C Shop. 

Tags: Harry Potter, Mischief Managed, roleplay 

Reply Archive
[PRP]Curious Nights are Stormy Nights - Francis/Alois

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm
Alois stared idly at his fellow students as he exited the wandered the fifth with an intent to satisfy his intensifying boredom and curiosity. Busy with his studies and classes, Alois had never had enough time to get a full look at the school and learn it inside out. Normally he would be outside having a fun time either studying or practicing The thunderstorm outside had told him that his plans were ruined and he would have to find something else to do. His first plan was to study in the library but for some reason after showing up there it didn't seem as appealing as he thought it would have been. So Alois went with his second plan to explore the castle.

He managed to find the floor with the art, music and prefects bathroom. He was curious about what could be in the prefects bathroom but decided to stay clear of the room in fear he would get in trouble. He instead decided to take in the soft music that was escaping the room. He closed his eyes, for once not thinking, and walked thinking that exploring the castle was going to relax him. He had been on edge with the storm blowing outside not liking that type of weather too much while staying at Hogwarts. It was something about the sounds it made at night that kind of scared him, especially in the castle.

Alois had been almost swaying to the music when he felt himself collide with something or someone. When he opened his eyes, he wanted to scream at the kid but sucked in a breath realizing it was his fault. He breathed out slowly and said,
"er, sorry. I got lost in the music..." He hoped that whoever he had bumped into wasn't a bad guy that would refrain from getting angry at him. He decided to be nice and introduce himself a little more confidently, "I'm Alois Fuchs, a Ravenclaw. You are?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Francis knew he was getting strange looks from the other Gryffindors, mostly because he had been beaming happily while everyone was grouchy and annoyed that it was raining again. He knew better than to rub it in their faces so after finishing his assignments he had made himself scarce from the dorm room. If he had stuck around, he had no doubt that someone would think of something to do to him that would wipe the smile off of his face.

Francis imagined by now they were all wondering why he had been placed into Gryffindor of all places. He often wondered it himself. He didn't really fit in there with his allergies, his abhorrence of filth and general disgust of anything rambunctious. Perhaps one day he'd fit in, or perhaps the dang hat had made a mistake.

He wandered the halls rather aimlessly, studying the architect and the many curious things that decorated the walls. He was a bit surprised to find an old painting of one of his ancestors. He'd definitely have to write home about it, he wondered if anyone had remembered this Lilith Caffrey or not. By the date on the back of it, it had been painted over 100 years ago.
He thought it was a bit strange that the school had held onto it for so long.

He heard the sound of music and made his way to it's source. He stopped outside the door to listen to the soft strains of Bach's Fugue in Minor A when he was suddenly bumped into. He came out of his musical reverie to turn and glance at the kid who was now speaking.

"Not a problem, Bach's music tends to do that." He replied with a soft smile. He was about to turn back to the music when the other spoke again. He couldn't help but frown a bit at this.

"My name is Francis Neil Caffrey, I am a Gryffindor if you couldn't tell. Now do you mind if I go back to listening?" He asked a bit sharply.

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:13 pm
Alois had thought that being nice every once and a while with students from other houses would bring him some kind of happiness. This must have been wrong as he had heard the edge in the other's voice. It wasn't his fault, so he thought, that a glare appeared on his face. He took a deep breath before saying, "well, excuse me, don't want to interrupt you any further, you poor thing. I'll just continue my exploration of the castle." It really wasn't his fault that he had used a snobby tone when saying that. Alois had only tried to make friends, not interrupt Francis from music that he could hear nearly any time he wanted.

Calming down some, Alois stalked away to find something else to look at. A part, deep inside of him, knew that he was being childish, but Alois could care less. He had lost interest in the music after hearing Francis. He smirked when he had heard the song end and wanted to rub it in that guy's face but withheld himself but withheld himself. He didn't feel like making anymore enemies. He had stopped to admire a painting of an older looking woman that he didn't know about but wanted to find out about. He made a mental note to go to eventually go to the library to look for a book on the paintings in Hogwarts. There just has to be one... He thought, studying the woman's features.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Francis watched the Ravenclaw's face change and couldn't help but stare. Did Alois realize just how creepy it looked for his features to change so quickly? It was almost like watching an amoeba change under a microscope; disgusting and yet fascinating at the same time.

He didn't hear the sarcasm in the boy's voice and merely shrugged and went back to listening to the song. He was a bit perturbed when the music came to a stop only a few moments later. Well there were other things to look at and explore. He turned back to gaze at the portrait of his four times great grandmother and was surprised to find Alois studying it.

"Her name is Lilith Caffrey, I found it a bit odd that they had her portrait up here as well. I am wondering if she was a patron of the school or was just really well loved. I'll have to write a letter home asking. There has to be someone that knows." He said, leaning in a bit closer to examine her features.

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 pm
Still studying the portrait, Alois merely nodded as Francis had began to talk to him. He had always been interested in sorts of things similar to mysteries. Lilith Caffrey was definitely a mystery now that Alois would have to help solve even if Francis didn't appreciate it much. He turned to the boy and asked, "we should explore the school. Maybe find a few books on her or ask a few paintings?" He was only half smiling now, in fear that Francis would reject his offer.

It wasn't that Alois would care too much, he had never really gotten along with the other house students before, so it wouldn't really bug him. He just wanted to figure out some information about the lady in the portrait. She must be pretty well-known or interesting to have had her picture up in Hogwarts. Then again, there were a lot of pictures in Hogwart's halls. He would be surprised if, one day, he would see one of his own relatives' pictures hanging on one of the many walls of the school.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:03 pm
Francis could tell that the Ravenclaw was really intrigued with the portrait and was wanting to learn more about his ancestor. For some reason, this gave him a thrill of pride. Someone other than him actually wanted to learn something about HIS family. That meant a lot to him for some reason.

"That might be a good idea. I wonder why this painting isn't like the others. She doesn't seem to be moving or talking. Maybe this wasn't painted by a magician..does it really matter who paints them?" He wondered aloud as he glanced over it closely.

"I suppose the best place to start would be the library right? Shall we go look now?"

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 am
Alois nodded. "I'm usually interested in things like this. The library at this school has sort of become a third home to me." He was sure that the conversation had become awkward, but he just didn't like silence.He turned in direction of the library. He knew that Francis was close behind him if not next to him. He knew the way to the library by heart and thought he could probably get there with his eyes closed.

"So,' he began, "Where in the library do you think we should start?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Francis couldn't help but laugh at Alois' comment. "I'd have to say the same thing as well. Though I think there are times it's more like a second home to me. I'm something of a major book worm." He admitted.

He hadn't really noticed that the conversation had grown awkward, as he normally preferred silence. Though it was nice to have someone to talk with, even if they were from a different House. It was time he began to branch out a bit more. Most of the people he counted as associates were all gryffindors. It wouldn't hurt to make a few friends in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. He was definitely going to avoid as many slytherins as he could, as they seemed to not want anything to do with him unless they wanted someone to pick on.

He followed after Alois, still listening for the thunder and the rainstorm. It was rather nice to be stuck indoors with weather that cut down on his allergies. They usually bothered him nonstop, unless there was some sort of storm. This was one of the things he rather enjoyed about living in Scotland, it was nearly as rainy as London was.

"Hmm..I'd say we need to see if they have a list of the paintings that were donated or given to the school. You'd think they would."

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 pm
Alois smiled loving the fact that someone was similar to him if only in the smallest of ways. Books and Alois were like macaroni and cheese, they belonged together. He frowned when what they were talking about veered off into the more quiet and awkward direction. He would have preferred to talk his way out of it but was satisfied with Francis choice to remain quiet through the duration of that Hogwarts adventure. He felt good to be making at least an aquaintence at the school.

Hearing the thudding of the wind forcing the rain to hit the windows, Alois withdrew his earlier dislike of the rain and silently thanked it. If it weren't for the thunderstorm then he wouldn't have this chance meeting with Francis.

Hearing Francis word, he nodded. Realizing that it would be best to vocalize. He turned around, still walking, and said,
"I think that would be best. The archives books should be closer to any librarians' desk." Turning back around, he saved himself from tripping by using a statue to steady himself. Ignoring his embarrassment, Alois spied the doors to the library and hurried on ahead. When he walked in he noticed the librarian was busy.

"Maybe we should have a look around the shelves closer to that desk?" He pointed to the librarians desk and waited for a response.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Francis caught Alois grinning to himself and wondered what that was all about. He figured if it was something the other boy wanted to share he would. When he didn't, Francis just shrugged it off. He didn't really notice that the quietness was getting to the other. He was just so used to walking around without other kids babbling at him that he didn't think it was all that odd.

A loud CRACK echoed through out the hall and Francis turned to gaze out the closest window. "Wow, that storm is really picking up speed out there." He mumbled more to himself than Alois. "I wonder how long it will keep up."

"Sounds about right to me. Hopefully it won't take too long to locate." Francis replied as he followed after Alois. He stopped and and reached out to help Alois when he tripped and then pulled it back when the other used a statue instead. Francis noticed the slight reddening to Alois' face and kept quiet, knowing how annoyed he got when he was clumsy.

"I just hope the librarian doesn't get mad at us for not waiting." Francis replied with a slight cringe. "Sometimes she can be really picky about what books we get into."

Francis moved to the closest shelf and glanced over the book titles and then turned to the next set of shelves. "I don't think we'll find what we want among spare first year text books." He muttered.

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:06 pm
"Yeah, hope we're not yelled at for snooping," he said with a small nod even if Francis was looking elsewhere.

Alois noticed that the books they were about to get into weren't what they would need to be looking for. He hadn't read any books recently on the subject of Hogwart's historical figures. Although he had read many books filled with interesting details about Hogwarts, he just hadn't been interested in the past enough to read one. He did figure that eventually he would read at least one book on the subject in the years to come. Archival books weren't his thing either. The painting was bringing out a curiosity that practically forced him in the library this time.

"Ah, we'll just have to look deeper," Alois said excitedly. He scratched at the back of his head and wondered where he should start. When an idea finally popped in his head, it wasn't a very good one. It was sneaky and he knew he shouldn't think about doing it but the librarian wasn't around so what wasn't seen, wasn't done. If he got caught he would completely take the blame and pretend Francis wasn't there. Before thinking further, he said, "I have an idea," and walked to the desk to see if he could root through the drawers.

He sighed, flustered, after trying several of the drawers which turned out to be locked. He then rooted through the papers on the desk seeing if he could find anything useful. Calling over his shoulder, Alois said, "pretend you weren't with me if I get caught, okay?" He was sure Francis would do that anyway, but he decided to say it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 pm
Francis shrugged. Getting yelled at would be the least that might happen to them. It was getting detention that worried him.

"It could be worse," he replied. "Not that I've had detention yet, but I hear some of the things they dream up for kids who misbehave can be pretty creepy."

Francis ran a finger along the spines of the books, pausing in a few spots to pull one out and read the title on the front cover. After about ten minutes he finally gave up with a slight scowl. There were no archive books anywhere near the librarian's desk..especially not ones on the paintings in the school.

"More than likely," He replied with a sigh. "It doesn't look like there are any archive books here."

He looked up when he heard Alois say he had an idea. Francis gulped and looked around the library. If the librarian were to come back and find Alois searching through the desk..who knew what might happen to him?

"Maybe we should find the librarian and ask for some help?" he offered weakly.

Francis had no problem pretending he wasn't with Alois, though he knew he'd feel terrible if the other got in trouble for something that they both wanted to learn about. No..he'd better keep an eye out, Francis decided. And it was at that moment when he heard footsteps making their way towards them.

"Alois, come on!" Francis said urgently as he ran over and grabbed Alois' arm. "It's not really worth getting in trouble for. Let's just.."

"What Are You Doing?!" an angry voice proclaimed from behind them causing Francis to squeak in alarm and turn around with a scared look on his face.

"WELL?" Demanded the Librarian with a scowl deeply etched into her face. "You should well know you're not allowed behind the desk."

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WithMurderTonight

Invisible Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:07 pm
Alois frowned when the other protested. He told the other to go as it would be him getting in trouble which he preferred. It would be his house that would lose points... So what did he care? It frustrated him when he felt his arm being grabbed as he had not heard any footsteps or seen anyone coming. When he heard the familiar, angry voice of the librarian, he gave a gasped that sounded more like a strangled hiccup in his mind. He froze like a deer in headlights. Shaking his head, he felt his cheeks burn with guilt and embarrassment as he began to criticize his actions for getting them in this situation.

After realizing that thinking about what he had done would not get them out of it. He quickly began to think of an excuse. After the teacher shouted
"You should well know you're not allowed behind the desk," at them, he blurted, "I was just trying to get my quill! A student I couldn't see must have hexed it or something and I thought I had seen it float over here! I'm--" he cleared his throat,"-- we're sorry. Please, don't blame Francis. He was here to prevent and even suggested I go to a professor..." His eyes darted to the other boy. It was the truth. Francis had suggested that they actually search for the librarian, which was sort of like a professor, and not go rooting through the desk of the very person scowling down at them. He hoped that he would not go noble on him and confess what really happened.

He was intimidated. He wasn't sure of his skills of being a liar and wondered if she would believe his tall tale. Swallowing, he tried to stand in a relaxed position that would not give them away as much as his feeble attempt to lie.

Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games