Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Machlachlan Manor Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm
This is the ancestral home of the Machlachlan family. They have lived in Iverness for as long as their family history can tell. Their house is made of stone and a large garden can be found in the back. A small guest cottage is out in the garden as well. It is hidden from Muggles.

Basement
Wine Cellar ~ A few wines are kept down here, though the door is nearly always locked.
Storage Space ~ This is used to keep larger items that have no current use.p.

Ground Floor
Foyer ~ Here is where all enter the house if they are a guest.
Family Dining Room ~ The smaller dining room used everyday
Kitchen ~ Where all the food is cooked
Formal Dining Room ~ The larger dining area used for social events.
Ballroom ~ A large elegant room used for hosting parties and dancing.
Sitting Room ~ This is a small room used for casual chatter.
Living Room ~ A larger room used for casual chatter.
Library ~ A large room filled with plenty of books.
Lower Study ~ A small room used as an office.
Ocean Bathroom ~ A half-bath with an ocean feel to it.
Garden Bathroom ~ A half-bath closer to the garden.

Second Floor
Master Bedroom ~ This is the bedroom for the elders of the family. Occupied by Angus and Iona.
Gold Room ~ A bright large bedroom currently occupied by Tara.
Purple Room ~ A bedroom with a large mess in it currently occupied by Jamesina.
Blue Room ~ A bedroom with a sophisticated feel to it. Occupied by Akira.
Red Room ~ A bedroom that typically has insects coming out of it. Occupied by Dallas.
Green Room ~ A bedroom facing the garden. Currently occupied by Dewey.
Guest Room ~ A small bedroom used for when people are visiting.

Miscellaneous
Roof ~ Can be accessed through a secret staircase.
Garden ~ Plenty of flowers are grown here.
Guest Cottage ~ A small cottage with a kitchen, dining area and two bedrooms.
Pond ~ A small body of water that can be used for swiming.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 pm
Members of the House

About the Family

Jamesina Machlachlan : Home

Akira Machlachlan : Home

Visiting :

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 pm
Interesting Facts

* Tara is a deaf-mute squib.

* Angus works in the Apparation Test Centre

* Iona is currently looking for a job.

* Dallas and Dewey are twins.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:45 pm
User Image
║▌│█│║▌║││█ James Machlachlan ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║
✦Third Year✦Ravenclaw✦

Inside of the Purple Room, sat a mess, and inside of the mess sat a girl reading a book. It was an odd thing for the girl to be doing, since she would typically be outside, running around with her brothers or annoying her younger sister, but she was reading a book. Now, a visitor to the house might have many questions in regard to this room, primarily questions about why the room is a mess. To answer that, one would simply have to ask the girl reading the book.

Of course, James would rather be playing right now, but she couldn't. She had been grounded. James had gotten in trouble for not having her room clean. Reading the book, obviously was far more interesting than cleaning right now. Who cared if she couldn't find anything? She was entertained right now.

James flopped onto her bed and looked out the window to find an owl staring at her. She opened the window and the bird hopped in, a piece of parchment attached to the bird's leg. She untied it and opened the letter.

Ronyo
Flash! Badger-2 has been taken! Dragon-1 currently on trail, looking to link up with Lion-Actual. Eagle-2, Lion-2, and Dragon-2 to link up with Badger-1 and begin gathering intel on situation. Rally point to come through Badger-1.

Confused by the message, James taped the parchment with her wand. Certainly the whole ministry wouldn't come down on her for such a simple trick in her own home. She gasped as she read what the message translated to. Heather had been taken. By whom, James had no idea. She only had one thought cross her mind, and that was if she wanted to help the Chimeras rescue Heather, then she needed to clean her room. There was no way her mother would let her go save someone if her room was a mess.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm currently in the company of: an owl
I am: cleaning my room.
While this keeps crossing my mind: Who took Heather? And why?
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

The music I like, and the clothes I wear don't make me who I am. The actions I take do.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 pm
User Image
Iona Machlachlan
Ravenclaw Graduate

Things were quiet outside, and that worried Iona. She had sent her oldest daughter upstairs to clean her mess of a room. By now, she definitely would have heard some sort of loud noise, either something crashing down, or James complaining. Instead, she swore she heard the song of an owl. "James! Everything alright up there?" she called up the stairs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm
User Image
║▌│█│║▌║││█ James Machlachlan ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║
✦Third Year✦Ravenclaw✦

James had just put her books back on her shelf when she heard her mother calling up the stairs. She must have heard the owl. Damn birds. They always seemed to show up when you least wanted them to, or in a manner that you didn't want them to. Hopefully her mother did not know that James had been using magic in the house. The woman would throw a fit!

"Everything's fine Mum!" she shouted back. It was only a slight lie. At the moment, everything really was fine. At least, everything that James could see. She was cleaning her room, and she was in her room, and she was alive. Of course the parchment said things were not fine, but being the person she was, James wasn't about to take the note word for word. Not until she knew everything anyways.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm currently in the company of: an owl
I am: cleaning my room.
While this keeps crossing my mind: How am I gonna tell Mum?
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

The music I like, and the clothes I wear don't make me who I am. The actions I take do.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm
User Image
Iona Machlachlan
Ravenclaw Graduate

There were a few more thumps, and quick footsteps down the stairs. Had her eldest daughter finished already? Deciding to trust her on it, Iona walked into the library as she heard the front door open and shut. Figuring that her daughter was simply going out to play, the woman settled into a chair and began reading.

It wasn't until the sun had set that Iona had noticed that things were a bit too quiet. She stood from her chair and looked outside. There was nobody there. 'Perhaps the girls came in while I wasn't paying attention,' she thought to herself, as she went back to reading another book.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:02 pm
User Image
                  Fifth Year Ravenclaw
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Prefect
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Head Editor, Daily Dragon

DON'T you worry DON'T you worry c - h - i - l - d.
            Heaven's got a plan for you Heaven's got a plan for you Heaven's got a plan for you
            Heaven's got a plan for you Heaven's got a plan for you Heaven's got a plan for you

DON'T you worry DON'T you worry n - o - w.

JAMESINA "JAMES" MACHLACHLAN

To be honest, James wasn't expecting much of her summer. Well, much interesting anyways. She was due to be starting her fifth year in September and fifth year meant one thing: O.W.L.s. Yes, James knew that her summer was going to be spent stuffed in her room studying. She didn't want to let her parents down, and she didn't want to let herself down. The Ravenclaw knew that she had to score well on them, otherwise, she probably wouldn't be able to get a good job and would have to end up doing something she most likely would not enjoy.

However, her summer of studying was soon interrupted by the ring that she always wore. It wasn't because the sun was beating down upon it, casting light into her eyes. And it wasn't because she had lost it. If she had lost it, she was certain that Ronyo would probably be a bit upset with her. The ring was rather important after all. Why? Well, it signified her as one of the Chimeras, and every time that the ring went off, it meant that one of them needed help.

This time, it was Ronyo. He was the one who had brought James into the club to represent the Ravenclaws in the second generation. Since graduating, James had to admit that she had seen little of him. She had heard that he opened a detective agency. From the sounds of the message, that's what this was about. Asking for her help.

Sighing, James wasn't sure what to make of it. The last time there had been a Chimera adventure over summer break, people had nearly been killed. Not to mention the fact that her parents were quite angry at the fact that she had left home without letting them know. She swore she would never be ungrounded from that one.

However, that was a couple of years ago. Years. That was hard to believe. Things had changed. Things like, she was now viewed as more responsible. After all, somehow she managed to become a prefect. That had to mean she was responsible. And she was the head editor of the paper that her and Akira created. That had to count for something. Certainly her parents wouldn't mind if she slipped off to Hogsmeade. At least for the day. If it needed to be longer, she could always find an owl or something to let them know she was okay.

Deciding that was what she would do, the girl took out a quill and a piece of parchment. Her parents were both out, and she didn't want to wake Akira who had gone to bed late the night before. She would have to lie a bit, as she couldn't tell her parents that she was actually a Chimera. She could, however, say she was going off to Hogsmeade to visit with some friends. That was a half-truth, and a half-truth was much better than a lie.

Sneaking down the stairs, James left the parchment in a place she was sure her parents would find it. She did not want to get grounded again. That would be rather awkward. Then, making sure she had everything she needed, she left the house, ready to get down to business.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:45 pm
User Image
TWENTY YEARS OLD RAVENCLAW ALUMNA ADVENTURER

It won't be in VAIN
                      To s w a l l o w all your
                      >pain<
                      &!learn to love what burns&gather COURAGE to return to
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxFaces in the CROWD
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxFaces in the CROWD will s-m-i--l-e again
                      _____________________________________________________________

xxxxxToday was the day. Today was the day that James would get to go off and see the world. She had finally graduated Hogwarts. Her sister was off with her boyfriend, and her parents really didn't care what James decided to do now. Perhaps they had always known that this day would come. She was never someone to just sit quietly at home. Certainly they never thought she'd be interested in going straight to the Ministry after graduating. To be honest, the young woman never wanted to work there. Yes, her father worked there, and she knew quite a few people, but it would be boring. Sitting in an office, filing reports, that just wasn't her. Sure, she had done a bit of office work at Hogwarts, if you wanted to call it that, but that was fun. James had gotten to go out and do research for her articles. Actual research, not from books. Of course, one time it almost cost her life, but that was still worth it in her mind. After all, what reason would she have for the quest?

xxxxxDuring one of her trips to the library, James had read an article about a rumored ring that would help the wearer sleep. Knowing that she didn't want to spend her whole life helping Akira sleep through the night, James had gotten together a questing party. They were all supposed to meet her here today. While she was hardly able to forget due to her excitement, James was left wondering if the others would remember. She hoped that they wouldn't. Left with nothing else to do but wait, the young woman took a seat in the foyer. Everything was packed, and all of her goodbyes were said. No matter what, James was leaving.

And the DEVIL MAY CRY
xxxxxxxxxxxxThe DEVIL MAY CRY at the end of the night
!

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Out of Control ::
kiska166

Maiya Kajuji

Squeeky Luff

Grespeciatto

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:04 pm
Agnes Alexandrie
Mother ** Nurse at Mungo's ** Ravenclaw Alumni

User Image
"The plants they speak,
the heart, it breathes.
Let me be frank
and put your mind at ease.

The forty-four year old Ravenclaw graduate smiled as she put on a kind face. There was something she had received about an expedition of some kind...or something, as a nurse at Mungos, she felt she needed to tag along....just in case anything bad happened or anyone got hurt.

It was the duty of a nurse after all.

Walking into the foyer after being let inside, she paused for a moment, such a grand place. The architecture was beautiful.

Pausing in her awe, she composed herself and found the sweet lady she had met earlier in the year, "Hello dear. I...hope I'm on time." She smiled some, a smile that always made Victor wonder if her and Claire really were related to each other.

I feel composed you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hmm...An expedition...This should be quite the adventure."
My job is a nurse at Mungo's.
My puppeteer says "There we go~ Agnes posted~ c:" Out of character.

Violet the Maestro

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:48 pm
User Image

Amanda walked up the steps and knocked on the door to the house. This place looked huge from the inside, but it seemed even bigger on the inside. Upon being let in, the blonde stepped into the foyer, eying the home. Blue eyes scanned the walls, the floors, and of course, the two people in front of her. “Good day,” she greeted Jamesina and the older woman politely with a nod. Amanda knew this expedition, exploration, quest, or whatever you wanted to call it, involved a small group of them, so she wasn’t surprised when she saw Agnes, if she remembered correctly, there. That’s what James said her name is, right? The woman, she was a nurse named Agnes. Well, this must have been her then. It was rather unexpected, however, that not every person on this trip was going to be young. In fact, Amanda expected many recent graduates to join since they would most likely be unemployed and wouldn’t owe responsibilities to their jobs. The blonde, on the other hand, had permission given to her to leave.

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

User Image

Squeeky Luff
Violet the Maestro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:08 pm
User Image
XXXxxxXxxxxXxxxxXXxxXXXXxxxXX˂˂Oh oh, life goes on. Things will be okay.˂˂
XXxxxxTomorrow is a brand new day.
XXXXXXXxxxxXXXXXXXXxxXXxXXXXXxxxXxxXXxxxEveryone makes a couple mistakes
XXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXxxXXXxxxxxxxxxxxXSomewhere along the way

Jane walked toward the Machlachlan manor, possibly more prepared than she needed to be. She had spent the past two and a half hours alone just trying to pick out an outfit...It was about an hour into it before she realized she had a problem but didn't stop until Darcy finally intervened. She had settle right then. That was certainly one good thing about being married, she had someone to get her out of the closet. Jane had a special relationship with clothing. Though perhaps she had gone a bit overboard with everything she had brought but she needed to be ready for every situation. That's why she had her special bag.

As she walked closer the butterflies came flying up into her stomach. She was probably more nervous than she needed to be but that was just how Jane worked, but she was sure her excitement well out weighed any other feelings. It seemed like this was her first real chance to get out an explore. Sure she had been all over the world following her parents around on their digs but this was the first chance she would be able to do something for herself. She wouldn't have to just be the one watching while everyone else worked.

This was her chance. Her chance to do something incredible. Sadly she hadn't been able to accomplish much at home and had always looked forward to an opportunity like this, she just never imagined it would be in this point in her life and she did most certainly not expect to be married at this point in her life. Part of her felt bad leaving Darcy to stay in England by himself but he had to work anyway and he would never discourage her from doing something she wanted to do, even if she was fairly certain he was worried sick. Then again maybe that was just her brain being worried sick...she sighed slightly. She could this, it was an adventure. She giggled slightly, she was going on an adventure. Yes, her mind certainly was an interesting place.

Jane soon approached the home and entered through the doors. Her mind began taking in each and every detail of the home and the people that stood around her. "Hello Ladies" she said, her accent coming out stronger than normal as it always did when her mind was racing. She searched for something more to say but her brain came up with nothing that wouldn't start an even more awkward so she instead sat there rocking on her heels ever so slightly, with a cheesy smile across her pale face.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:20 pm
x.User ImageUser Image
    ┗●xxI'M x STILL x ALIVE x xI'M x STILL x ALIVE XXXXXXXXX
xxxx.xxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■ ♥ ■
xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx come fire xxxxxx come fire
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXxXX.[▣ ▣ ▣X.LET IT BURN AND LOVE COME - - -
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxXxXX. racing through xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxI ▪ C A N N O T ▪ A P O L O G I Z E ▪ N O ▪ O H ▪ O H X

Ned had been looking forward to today for quite some time. A quest, venturing out into the unknown? Traveling around the world? Sounded good to her. Britain had been boring her, and she wasn't ready to tie herself down with a job just yet. There were no relationships holding her back other than her family, and they understood, of course. She'd promised to write. She didn't know anyone else of their party very well, didn't even know Jamesina, or James, as she preferred, very well. But they'd most likely all know each other quite well by the end of this. She entered into the foyer of the grand house, and looked to the other women there with a pleasant smile on her face. "Eluned Heist," she said serenely. "It will be a pleasure, I'm sure."

┗●xxI'M x STILL x ALIVE x xI'M x STILL x ALIVE XXXXXXXXX
xxxx.xxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■ ♥ ■
xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx come fire xxxxxx come fire
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXxXX.[▣ ▣ ▣X.LET IT BURN AND LOVE COME - - -
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxXxXX. racing through xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxI ▪ C A N N O T ▪ A P O L O G I Z E ▪ N O ▪ O H ▪ O H X

Feeling: -eager- || Doing: -greetings- || At: -insertlocationhere-
With: -James, Agnes, Amanda, and Jane- || Loving: -no one-
OOC: -insertoochere-

Violet the Maestro

kiska166

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:40 am
User Image

JenniferxXx MacEacharin

x. ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
                                                  xx`◜ jen˟↘ ᴛʜᴇsmile - ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ
                                                  xx( ) THAT'S A d- done deal - -AND IT'S STUCK TO MY NAME ↘↘
                                                  xxx FIND ME AWAY FOR MILES FIND ME AWAY FOR MILES - AWAY FOR MILES AND MILES AND MILES
                                                  xx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( I'VE HAD NO TURN IN THIS GAME )

( feeling : cheerful . ♔ . with : thecompany . ♔ . at : machlachlan manor )
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxquest member . ↘ . seventh . ↘ . slytherin . ↘ . pureblood

- Landing on the stone pavement near the gates with a crack of apparition, the brunette sprinted down the driveway, booted heels making their own clack as the hard chunks collided with the rock. She was definitely cutting it with the time━ not late, per se, but just shy of the actual said time, which put her slightly on edge since she was usually the early bird. Jen didn't much like excuses, to be honest, and the fact that she even had to have one at the moment grated on her nerves.

- She'd had a little trouble trying to locate her wand, not to mention a few other important things she'd wanted to pack along for the whole quest. Her house wasn't a sty, but with the whole lot of their siblings living there, things were bound to get misplaced, the surroundings to get a little messy. Embarrassingly enough, one of those misplaced items had been her left shoe. Still, not the biggest problem since she'd found it, shoving it on before giving a few quick kisses and 'see you laters' to the family she had milling around the place and then disappearing with the usual crack of Wizarding teleportation.

- Led inside, the former Slytherin made her way through the foyer and into the designated room, taking into account everyone and realizing that, yes, she was the last one to arrive. Bowing her head in greeting, Jenny affected an apologetic smile before moving to take her place with the group. "Jen MacEacharin, my apologies for holding things up." The brunette recognized one of them, at least━ Jane, who'd worked with her family and were close friends of theirs. Taking a moment to familiarize herself with her companions'━ or, soon to be━ faces, she smiled."Pleasure to meet you."

- She wondered, how it was all going to start. Similarly, she wondered how it was all going to end. There was nothing to tell. It promised to be fun, she thought, absently running her fingers over her prolifically tattooed forearms, if not most certainly enlightening and a complete adventure━ a whole lot of fun.

o o c : ramble here, b***h

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:16 pm
User Image
TWENTY YEARS OLD RAVENCLAW ALUMNA ADVENTURER

It won't be in VAIN
                      To s w a l l o w all your
                      >pain<
                      &!learn to love what burns&gather COURAGE to return to
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxFaces in the CROWD
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxFaces in the CROWD will s-m-i--l-e again
                      _____________________________________________________________

xxxxxIt didn't take everyone long to show up. Normally, it seemed that waiting took forever, at least that's what James thought, however today seemed to be one of those days where an eternity could pass by in the blink of an eye and nobody would even notice. The first to arrive was Agnes, the oldest member of the group. She was an employee at St. Mungo's. James never asked her what floor. It didn't matter. Someone who had a job healing people would be good. What did it matter what their specialty was? The next was Amanda, a Slytherin that had been in the same year as James until she had to be held back. She had a full year to figure out what she was going to do, and yet here she was, going on a quest with James. The two didn't even talk that much back at Hogwarts. However, she worked in an office dealing with international affairs. That was something that would be an asset. Then there was Jane, the older Chimera. She had just gotten married. Then there were the girls that James really didn't know much about. There was the Drumstrang graduate, Eluned, and the Slytherin that she really didn't know much about. James was quite certain that by the end of this quest, she would know the other women quite well.

"Welcome to my home," James said as she stood from where she had been sitting. "If I didn't want to get this show on the road, I'd show ye all around. Perhaps after we return we can do that. But for now, I'd prefer to answer any last minute questions. Oh, and introduce yerselves to everyone if ye don't know 'em." James would have introduced herself, but everyone here knew her. That's why they were there after all. It was hard to believe that they were all here and that they would all be off chasing a legend soon.

And the DEVIL MAY CRY
xxxxxxxxxxxxThe DEVIL MAY CRY at the end of the night
!

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Out of Control ::
kiska166

Maiya Kajuji

Squeeky Luff

Grespeciatto

The Forgotten Weasley

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers