Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o
  o
View Results

Arianah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 pm
I knew I had the option of an ablation or hysterectomy. I was still undecided when walking in. The resident and med student came in. I was all "You're not Dr. MacNeil". (Mind you, he was my OB for my 11 year old and I didn't see him again until he was the attending for the birth assisted with on the ambulance).

They were all "he'll be here shortly". (They let the residents talk with patients first and come in to discuss what they discussed after).

So they tell me I have 3 options.
Three?

1. Hysterectomy
2. Ablation
3. Mirena

Um. No.

First off, I'm steralized anyway. Why would i need birth control? Secondly, my breasts are so super sensitive to hormone shifts that I'm afraid even that little bit would cause them to grow again. They tried to convince me it was removeable and could just be pulled out. I was all...no.

So Dr. MacNeil comes in, and remembers me from 11 years ago. I laugh and tell the room it was because we were both traumatized. Then they say biopsy time.

Whut?

Yeah, they are taking a tiny little turkey baster thing and shoving it into my uterus to take my endometrium. It's going to cause some mild cramping they say.

So I'm talking to Dr. MacNeil, the resident is doing the procedure.

He's trying to convince me about the Mirena.
She says "just a little bit of cramping now"
I say "Little bit is an understatement!"
and I shut up, because holy hell...labor again.

Only no baby at the end.

Focus hard to keep my hips on the table and forget this Mirena discussion.

I've decided on the ablation. I'm scared it won't work, but it will buy me time for clinicals. And the hysterectomy is a 6 week no work situation. I can't afford it. Ablation is just a week or two. They say it sometimes grows back (yay body) and has to be repeated, but even if I still bleed it should be very light.

My uterus aches though. Urgh.

Biopsies suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 am
Yeah, that does not sound cool at all. sad  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Ladies

Manage Your Items