Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary of Dreams

Back to Guilds

Guild for the SoD shop 

Reply {Journals} Where your journey unfolds!
[J] Constance's Journal Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm
Constance

User Image

Touch

Entries: 14 (The 3rd entry has vanished.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Guardian

Name- Painted Moose
Gender- Female
Age- Early twenties
Personal info- Moose is a random girl who isn't afraid to voice her opinions. She's really clumsy, often choking on water or tripping over her own feet, but she always seems to roll with it. It's just in her nature.
Art: As provided by a doll maker.

Home

User Image

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm
Lovely Dream

Name: Constance
Essence: Cuddle
Likes: Tea parties, food, new experiences, books, movies. (Princess themed, of course)
Dislikes: Scary things, heights, rude/mean people
Personality: Sweet and curious, Constance loves to get into anything that is going to lead to instant trouble. She'll tear the house apart looking for a sweet treat, all while wearing the smile of an angel. The only thing that can truly distract her from trouble making is a good ol' fashioned cuddle fest.
Quirks: Constance is left-handed.

Snapshots!

Dew Cert
Child & Child cert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:53 pm
Milestones

February 16, 2012 - Constance is found!
, 2012 - Constance is now a rambunctious child!

Rp Information

Moose writes in black.
Constance writes in indigo.

Rp Logs

Constance meets Charis

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:18 pm
Entry One

I’ve never been one to follow the beat of another’s drum. Nor have I ever been one to turn away from a particular situation, no matter how strange it may seem.

A few nights past I had listened in on a friend’s conversation, and couldn’t help being curious. That same curiosity is how I found myself slowly moving up the path, sweat collecting on my palms and my eyes darting around me in a frenzy. What if I was spotted? Or worse, spooked? I knew very well that I couldn’t handle surprises, and if this was someone’s idea of a cruel joke, I may just have to get physical.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Vibrations of dread danced up my spine. It was as if my worst fears were manifesting in the sound of a sweet, tender bell. Something about it’s melody called to me, and as wary as I was, I felt myself meandering through an archaic archway.

Ring! Ring!

Where was it? I felt like an owl as I turned this way and that, all at once surrounded with a plethora of flora. It really was a beautiful garden, and those vibes…the vibes of energy that pulsated in the sweet, sweet air. The worn leather encasing my feet slipped atop the moist ground, and only stopped when I came face to face with the most magnificent creation I had ever seen. A large, glorious tree, shining with a colony of dew nestled amongst it’s branches, and there! I ventured closer, my hands outstretched to collect the little ringer. It looked so innocent as it rested upon the leaf I had plucked. I didn’t trust myself to hold it outright - after all, what if I damaged it?

Before I was aware of it, I was being taken to a bottle. The bottle itself looked…romantic, which gave me pause. Surely, I wasn’t…? I looked at the dew, back at the bottle, back to the dew, and finally, after giving into a sigh, took up the essence of Cuddle to surround the dew in warmth. It was then that I was shocked to see that it had taken on that same romantic color. “A little romantic, huh?” I teased, already smiling despite myself as I started out of the garden. “Well, you’ll never lack for love around me, Constance.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:11 pm
Entry Two

I looked down at the dew sitting on my lap like it was a small child. Granted, in my mind, all small children are nothing, but snot encrusted brats bent on destroying my house. It made me uneasy, sitting there with the little thing on my lap, but what could I do? I’d already managed to gather that it liked to be near me, what with the way its little bell would chime, but I… I couldn’t explain it to my cat that she couldn’t sit on my lap because mommy had a new friend.

Tabitha is an older cat; and by older I mean she’s been through hell and back in her life. This cat has survived a fire, a car wreck, and attacks by dogs, as well as two litters of kittens. She came to me later in her life, after she’d been patched up and treated by her latest owners. At first, she hated me, and avoided my very being, but now…now she likes me. Is it because I’m not trying to kiss up to her? If she’s afraid I’ve found someone new, she’s dead wrong, because even the little dew gets sad to see her leave the room.

On a whim, I turned on the tv and started to sit back when I noticed Tabitha. She’d perched herself on the arm of the couch, staring down the length of it to the end I was sitting on. It didn’t take me long to notice what she was glaring at. I cupped my hand around the dew’s leaf, and curled my legs up underneath myself. “Hey, hey! Don’t even think about it, Tabby.”

For a full minute we glared at one another before she dropped off and decided to primp instead. I didn’t buy it for a minute. My little dew was chiming away in my palm, content as a little bug in a rug to be cuddled so close, even with danger so close. I sat there for a while, just watching her before I turned back to the tv.

Fifteen minutes later I felt something furry touch my shoulder, and when I looked over, Tabitha was perched on the back of the couch directly above me. I jumped, instinctively cupping the dew. “Tabby! What are you-?” For the first time ever she placed her paw on my shoulder and started to creep down to my lap. The scared cat sniffed the dew, flipped her ears back at its chime, and after a couple of tense minutes had passed curled up on the couch next to us. “Are you…are you purring?”

I couldn’t believe it! Tabby, purring? Cuddling? Looking…cute? I wasn’t going to tempt fate by petting her, but for now, cuddled up as we were, I couldn’t help, but thinking of how happy Constance was. She practically vibrated with it. Even if it was cold outside, and the show was a rerun; she didn’t seem to mind. In fact, it was the happiest I’d seen her.

With a flick of the wrist, I pulled an afghan around my lap, covering Tabby’s lower half as well and lowered my hand so that Constance to snuggle as well.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 pm
Entry Four

Well, Constance has officially grown.

In the middle of the night I felt something nibble on my toes before crawling underneath the blankets. At first I thought it was that bratty cat, but when I felt a pair of little arms snake around my torso I panicked. It took me less than two seconds to flip on the bedroom light, and about half that time to start to climb the wall with fright. If I had bothered to look at the naked child in my bed I would have noticed the way her eyes lit up when they saw me, or the needy look she was giving me as she pulled the blanket up over her head. After calming down from my initial shock, I murmured her name and with a big smile she pummeled into me.

After a bit of adjusting, I managed to slip away from her grasp to dig through the drawer of clothing I had stashed away for her. Naturally, she hated her pajamas, which were a blue flannel and opted for one of my night gowns instead. I couldn’t help it; I had to mist up. She was just too friggin’ adorable with all that cloth pooled around her feet. For a child, she was fairly tall, with a stockier build. Constance’s large, orchid eyes were framed by a head full of indigo curls that you couldn’t help running your fingers through. And those ears! Those little bear ears were just…oh goodness, how was it possible for her to be this cute?

Granted, Tabitha was a little less excited. She didn’t much like the way that Constance instantly seized her in a massive bear hug that practically cut off her air supply. I had to fight with the girl to make her back off, and when she did, Tabitha let her know how pissed she was by scratching her arms in a mad effort to escape.

I couldn’t explain to her enough times why Tabby did what she did, or why Tabby was hiding under the bed. She felt guilty, that much I could tell, because all she wanted to do was sprawl out on the floor next to my bed and made cooing noises to the irritated cat. Scratched up as she was, she was more concerned about Tabby, which let me know more so now than ever that this was truly the same little dew I had been caring after for so long.

I sat on the edge of the bed for the longest time, head in my hands, drifting off when I heard it. Snoring. She WOULD be a snorer. Still, when I looked down at the floor I couldn’t help but smile. Tabitha had finally managed to sneak out and into Constance’s arms. Both were sprawled out on their stomachs, safe and content for the time being. As cute as it was, I couldn’t leave them there.

Tentatively I scooped up the child and settled her into her bed. When I bent to ruffle her curls and wish her goodnight, I found myself petting Tabby instead, who had thus decided that her place was on the pillow beside Constance. I laughed and shook my head before turning out the lights.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:17 pm
Entry Five

Every day is a new adventure with Constance.

I’ve taken to doing online classes this semester so I can spend more time with her, however, that doesn’t mean that I could get a different work schedule. With that being said, finding a babysitter was on top of my priority list. I’ve met with dozens of people who seemed to jump at the chance to look after her, but finding one that actually clicks with her? Now that’s a challenge.

Monday I left her with Ms. Waterson; an elderly widower who owns a whopping total of sixteen parakeets, and two cockatiels. She was more than eager to meet my demands for home schooling, and was even excited to spend so much time around such a “charming young girl.” Then I came to pick her up. Apparently Ms. Waterson didn’t care for the way that Constance “redecorated”. It seemed she had set all the birds free, opened every door and tossed seed all over the floors. “The mommy and daddy birdies were bored,” she told me on the way home. “They wanted to have a picnic with their babies, so I let them!”

Tuesday and Wednesday were with Sharon Greer. Tuesday went by without a hitch, mainly because Sharon sat Constance down in front of a tv all day and ran a romance movie marathon. Wednesday wasn’t so easy. After meeting with Sharon’s boyfriend, Constance decided that she wanted to do something special for the couple. While the two relaxed in the living room under the pretense that Constance was playing with the dog, she attempted to make a cake and instead set Sharon’s microwave a blaze.

Thursday I tried a daycare center. NEVER AGAIN. She tried to match up every child with their special someone, and when that didn’t work she attempted to claim them for herself. One boy was so traumatized by the constant hugging and glomping she performed that he ran from his mother when she attempted to hug him at the end of the day.

Of course, she’s totally oblivious to all of this. When she was still a dew she brought a sense of calming to the household, but now…it’s like a whirlwind. Even Tabitha can’t put up with her anymore when the two are left alone for a day.

Monday I’m going to break down and send her to school. I thought home school would be a great way to bond with her. I thought because of the way my schedule worked that this way would give me more time with her, but it’s not me she needs to assimilate to; it’s other children. That girl needs to learn that people are not stuffed animals, and not everyone likes to have their buttons pushed.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 am
Entry Six

[The scene opens up to a larger-than-average little girl in a purple fleece coat. Her cheeks are rosy from the cold and her long curls are tangle around her fuzzy ears. As she runs, her skirt bounces against her legs, passing over the leggings that keep her warm. She bounces through piles of dried leaves of gold, red, and brown, squealing with delight.]

“They’re so itchy!” Constance whined, picking out some stray leaves that had fallen in through the collar of her coat. “Bad hug, bad hug!”

“Bad what?”

“They’re hugging me! The leaves are hugging me and it itches.” She flopped onto her back in the middle of the grass, writhing and wriggling with her hands shooting out to the sky above.

[Laughter can be heard and as the scene turns left a young woman can be seen lounging in a red lawn chair. In her lap is a worn computer, and next to her on the ground is an overturned backpack. Despite all this, it is obvious where her mind is.]

"Don't do that, or you'll ruin your clothes!" Moose scolded, even as she laughed. She closed the computer, sat it to the side, and walked over to greet her little wish.

It didn't take more than a breath for the girl to grab her mother's coat tails and drag her down onto the ground with her. Once Moose had recovered from the fall, she ruffled Constance's hair and picked her up. Flailing and screaming, the little bear was gently flopped into a large pile of leaves before her caretaker jumped in after her.

"Roar for me! Show me your grrrrr face." The older leaf jumper put on her scariest face, hands held high and terrifying.

Constance met her with gusto. She sat up on her knees in the leaves, paws raised and gave her best roar. It was surely loud enough, but frightening? Not in the least. To Moose, however, it was a battle cry. She faked a whimper, and "fainted" into the leaves. Constance then directly proceeded to lift up Moose's shirt, and blow a raspberry on her stomach to wake her up.

The fun carried on for another thirty minutes before the scene started to shake and pull back.

"Are you okay up there, Flo?" Moose rolled up onto her knees, concern on her face.

"Ya, I'm fine, just a lil' tired. You kids are wearing me out." The voice laughed, and turned the camera around to face her. What could be seen was a middle-aged woman with wild hair and a kind smile. "So, that means no more memories for you. Besides, I need to start cooking anyway."

"Aww! So that means I can't play anymore?" Constance whined in the background.

"No, sugar bear. You can play all you want, but I'm going in. Besides, Moose, wasn't I supposed to be watching her while you studied?" She gave a pointed look to someone off screen before looking back at the camera. "Wish I could share my cookin' with you, but I can't. Toodles!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm
Entry Seven

It wasn’t a rare sight to see Flo out on her porch with a little girl wrapped around her leg. All summer long Constance worked on assignments, studied, played and even slept cuddled up next to the older woman. When her mother was away it was Flo that took care of her, and right now, she was happier than ever.

“Like this?”

Constance held up a ratty piece of material, and at first Flo had no idea what it could have been. She had to bend over in her rocking chair, brushing back her blanket in the process, to get a good look. “Oh, sweetie, that’s….that’s good. Real good.” What in the hell was that thing?

“Do you think she’ll like it? I’m trying really, really hard.” She nodded, as if her point hadn’t been made. With a flick of her little stout wrist, the girl pulled through across thread and slowly the shape of the object began to make sense to Flo.

It was a scarf, though not a very well made one. While it was a variety of colors, it was an obvious attempt to use scraps of yarn. There were knots in the fabric so large they rivaled tennis balls. Flo sat back with a concerned look. The scarf itself would be fairly short on an adult, and she didn’t see Moose wearing it, regardless of how much it meant to her daughter.

“I’m sure your mother will….love it, Connie.” Right? I mean, what else could she say?

“Not momma.” She stuck out her tongue, and wriggled her toes in her boots. “Ourania. She’s my kitty friend.” With a whistle, she turned back to her work.

“She’s bound to love it. After all, you’ve put so much time into it.” And that she could say without feeling guilty. The child really had put time into it; practically a whole day! Not that Flo knew, of course. She’d been nodding off for the past couple of hours, waking up at random intervals when Constance bumped into her chair.

“Momma says I can mail it to her when I’m finished. I wanted to give it to her in person, but she said that this way it would be like a surprise.” She beamed. “I wonder if Tabitha wants one too…” She pondered. “And Ourania’s brother too, and….” It seemed like the names would go on forever. With a talker like that, it was no wonder that Flo nodded off.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 pm
Entry Eight

I’ve heard of bed cuddlers and even bed hogs, but never in my life have I been completely uprooted from my own bed.

Despite my best efforts to get Constance acquainted with her own sleeping quarters, she still manages to wriggle under my covers at night. It’s something I had a hard time getting used to. Sleeping with a cat at the foot of my bed was one thing, but a child sized furnace that wouldn’t let me turn over at night? Now that…that took time.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve woken up in the middle of the night, dripping with sweat, and literally forcing myself out of her Vulcan grip. When she’s awake, Constance will only cuddle when acceptable, and will even back off when asked. When she’s asleep, she’s a constrictor who commands whatever limb or body part she can.

Tonight started out like any other night. I slipped into bed at a later hour, aware of Constance snoring away in the bed next to mine. The crisp sheets welcomed me as I cuddled down into the soft, cool cocoon. It was all well and good until I felt little warm palms pushing against my arm, nudging me over so a mop of curls could slip in beside me. I groaned. As much as I loved her, the child needed to either loosen her hold or we needed to purchase a bigger bed because it was painfully obvious she wasn’t going to stay on her own.

After a while of tossing and rearranging, I finally managed to sleep. It was some hours later when I woke up with a sharp pain to my hip, and then I fell. When I hit the ground, I was so surprised that it took me a moment to realize why. The offending foot was hanging off the side of the bed like it was mocking me. She was sprawled out, a limb to every corner, Tabitha by her side and her mouth wide open in a snore.

With a resigned sigh, I slipped off her bed, rubbing at my sore muscles. It seemed like a slip of paradise until I felt the palms again, nudging me back to the side.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm
Entry Nine

Halloween wasn’t a time of year that Moose was looking forward to, but that couldn’t be said of Constance. She wasn’t really sure what all the pumpkins were for, or the fake bats and blood, but as soon as she caught a glimpse of the costumes she flipped out.

The super store couldn’t contain the small child. Moose had every intention of getting the dream a costume, within a reasonable price, of course. Seeing as this was their first Halloween together it should be special, even if they were on a strict budget.

“What about this one? Or this one? OR THIS ONE? How about the one with the wings? I like these; it’s wings with fur! Like birds!”

“Those are feathers.”

“Feathers like birds!” She exclaimed. Constance picked through the Masquerade masks like it was a survival mission. Moose stood back, and watched the show. Try as she might to throw out helpful suggestions, Constance was having none of it. If she wanted to pick it out on her own, let her do it. The children costumes couldn’t be much worse than the women’s. She’d seen enough slutty nurses and bumble bees to last her a life time.

“How about this one?” The child held up a bumblebee costume like it was the Holy Grail, despite the look of utter horror on her mother’s face.

“Oh hel-“ Moose took a deep breath, and took a good look at the costume. When she wasn’t freaking out over it, she could see that it was more child appropriate. The top was short sleeved and striped, the skirt was fluffed up, but knee length, and attached to the back was a small set of the most adorable wings she had ever seen. She even noticed that around the hem of the skirt, sleeves, neckline and waistline with a line of white fur; straight up Constance’s style. “Won’t you be a little cold? The temperature drops at night.”

“I’ll be fine.” She nodded and hugged it to her chest, before flashing Moose a large set of pleading eyes. “Can I have it? Please, please, please? I’ll never ask for anything ever again!”

Hardly. “Well…..”She paused, and took it out long enough to make the child sweat. “Sure, but you’ll need some antennae for it.”

“BIG FUZZY ONES. So big that Charis and Ourania can see me from forever away.” Because, after all, she’d just HAVE to show off to her friends. Why wouldn’t she?

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Entry Ten

“She’s a little girl, with huge eyes, and long, curly purple hair…”

Flo rattled off the description into the cell phone while Moose screamed out her little dream’s name for the thousandth time. They had a healthy posse out looking for the little girl, but it was so dark, and quiet…”Constance!” Moose flipped and turned. All of the Halloween decorations seemed like they were mocking her. Where’s your daughter? What kind of mother loses her kid? She bounced on the soles of her shoes, and called out again, this time more desperate than the last. “CONSTANCE!”

It wasn’t ten minutes later when the police pulled up onto the curb. By then it was already Midnight, and parents and neighbors alike had searched every square inch of the surrounding neighborhoods.

A portly officer stepped out of his vehicle, and nearly fell back into it when Moose charged him. “Have you found her? Did you find her? You found her on the way over, right? Constance?” She tried to peer into the back seat when she felt a pair of comforting arms wrap around her shoulders and pull her off the officer. She looked back with wild eyes, met Flo’s comforting gaze, and took a deep breath. Getting out of sorts now wouldn’t bring her little girl back any faster.

The officer stood a little straighter, feeling a little calmer now that backup had walked up beside him. “Ma’am, we were just given the description a half hour ago. We’ve got patrols branching out to every inch of the city, and we’ve got a full alert out on every news station. If she’s here, we’ll find her.”

“But when?” Moose tried to get closer, but Flo’s grip was tight. “She’s been gone for four hours already. Constance can’t stand being on her own, and it’s dark-“

Flo gave a comforting squeeze to the upset woman’s shoulders. “Officer, you have to understand. Constance is a sheltered child. She won’t know where to go on her own, not even for help.”

“I understand, “ Said the supporting officer, a woman in her late fourties. “When my son disappeared in the mall I panicked until we found him two hours later, hunkered in a lingerie store. We’re going to do everything we can to make sure Constance makes it home safely.”

Moose took a deep breath and nodded, her feet moving like led bricks when she moved out of the way so the cruiser could pass. Though the search continued, many of its localized forces turned in for the evening, with only the few determined souls sending texts to her phone. All of them read the same. ‘Haven’t found her yet, but still looking!’

“She’s going to be fine,” Flo soothed. “She’s probably just sitting at a bus stop, waiting for someone to find her.”

“What if she isn’t? What if she isn’t even in this city? Haven’t you seen those tv shows? They could have kidnapped her in a white van, taken her off to sell and-“ Moose couldn’t hold it in anymore; she covered her face with her hands and broke down in tears.

“Shh, shh.” Flo held the younger woman in a vice like hug. “We’ll get her back, I promise…”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm
Entry Eleven

It is Constance!

I can write! Not good, but I can do it, see? Charis told me hand was wrong, which was why pencil was weird, but now it’s not! Leftys 4 life!

Bad things hap pined at Hallow, cuz I got lost and everyone was really afeared. I was too. I was by meself for 2 days in the city, but it’s okay, because Orainya found me and we beat up a bad guy! He was going to hurt her, so I jumped on him and bit’em. It was cool.

Seeing Moose again was nice cuz she was, but not nice cuz she was crying and that’s bad. I was crying too and so was Flo. I think she cried the most. I was never as afeared as I was on Hallow! I hope it never comes back, cuz I won’t go. I will be home with Tabby, and she will sleep on my lap and we will watch tv. I will call Orainya and she will come play with Tabby and we will all watch tv. Maybe Charis too, but it might have to be not Hallow cuz I don’t think Orainya and Charis like each other too good.

Chrismass was better than Hallow by a lot. I got a diary! It’s you! Big pinky and furry with a lock that only i have the key too. We are secret friends! Moose took me carolhing but she did not leave me cuz we were both scared of Hallow.

I had a knitmare about Hallow last night. It was scary and bad. I was a lone for a long time, and the paper skellytuns were real. They ran after me in the city and I cried a lot but no one was there. Not even Orainya. It was dark with no city light but I could see a lot of red. I do not think I like red. I fell a lot after that and I cried more but when I hit the grownd it was home and Moose was there. Tabby was under the bed. It was bad.

I don’t like being a lone. Moose does not like being a lone. We are good togever. It is better than being afeared in city!

Maybe Charis will have a nuther tea party and I can see her. I will tell her a bout Hallow and Orainya. She will like her then, and we can all play.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

{Journals} Where your journey unfolds!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas