Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
meditation questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:32 am
So every now and then I try to mediate before going to bed. Last night I meditated and felt a strange feeling. It felt as if my left side of my body was growing "stronger" while my right side was fading away. I also felt as if my whole body was suddenly positioned from sitting on the bed to sitting on the wall.

Does anyone have any information they can share to explain this? if theres any explanation at all  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 am
It may be a form of vertigo, or some sort of proprioception* mistake in the brain. I know exactly the feeling you mean about sitting on the wall. I've felt that a few times over the years, usually when I was just relaxing rather than meditating intentionally. I don't know what it is really, I just always assumed it was some sort of thing to do with balance and the brain's perception of position.

I looked up proprioception on wikipedia and sometimes things like this can happen when you're tired. If you open your eyes, that should help the brain reassert reality. If it's still a bit funny, move your limbs a little and that should help things.

If it troubles you, try to meditate at a different time of day, when you're not so tired.

*the sense of your body and its position

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 am
interesting....I think i am more relaxing when I meditate. I don't think of anything and just focus on breathing.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games