Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Barrington Family Estate Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm
Welcome to the Barrington Family Estate

This estate located just outside Coventry has been home to the Barrington family for several generations. It is two stories, not counting the basement and the acre of grounds. All Muggles see when they look at the house is ruins and decay so repulsive that none dare to approach it. Magical folk see a beautiful stone building with grey shutters and a colorful garden. It truely is a matter of perspective.

Basement
Wine Cellar (Holds a variety of wines for the occasional social event)
Dungeon (In the old days, this was used quite a bit, now, it just sits there.)
Storage Space (Some extra space in the basement)

Ground Floor
Foyer (This is the first room when entering from the front)
Family Dining Room (The smaller dining room used everyday)
Kitchen (Where all the food is cooked)
Formal Dining Room (The larger dining area used for social events.)
Ballroom (A large elegant room used for hosting parties and dancing.)
Sitting Room (This is a small room used for casual chatter.)
Living Room (A larger room used for casual chatter.)
Library (A large room filled with plenty of books.)

Second Floor
Blue Room (One of the bedrooms, currently occupied by Cassius Barrington)
Green Room (One of the bedrooms, currently unoccupied)
Red Room (One of the bedrooms, currently unoccupied)
Master Bedroom (Here is where the eldest members of the house sleep.)
Guest Rooms (All three are currently vacant.)

Outdoors
Garden Shed (A small shed where some gardening tools are.)
Flower Garden (A colorful place filled with flowers)
Meadow (It's a small, grass field)
Creek (Somewhat muddy, yet still suitable body of water for swimming.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Members of the House

About the Family

Amanda Barrington

Home Away

Cassius Barrington

Home Away

Gweniera Barrington

Home Away

Cecilia Barrington

Home Away

Zelda the Cat

Located: In a bedroom

Ludwig the Owl

Located: Somewhere outside

Visiting

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 pm
Interesting Facts

*Julius, Amanda, and Cassius were all members of Slytherin House.

*The current occupants of the house used to live in Belfast until Julius inherited the house.

*Cassius was a Chaser and a Prefect for Slytherin.

*Cassius is currently engaged to his long time friend, Gweniera Haude.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:55 pm
User Image

Fastened with a silver ribbon embroidered with the black silhouette insignia of an English Bullmastiff at each end, a scroll of parchment awaited on a regal owl perched at the windowsill and left once the message had been delivered.

Dear Barrington Family,

You have been cordially invited
to

the Nott family
Summer Ball and Banquet

July 14,
5:30 pm
Nott Meadow Drive
Wales,

Toast to the new summer,
Guests, friends, and family, are always welcome

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:11 pm
User Image

Today was going surprisingly well for the newlyweds. Nothing had gone wrong. Of course, they had only just finished the ceremony, and there wasn't any alcohol for people to be influenced by. The ceremony hadn't been traditional in the least. After all, how could it be traditional when the person serving the part of Best Man was Cass' old Quidditch teammate, Mira?

Cass couldn't believe how beautiful his wife looked in her dress. Any other day, she was beautiful, but today she was stunning. More stunning than any stars in the sky, nothing could make him take his eyes off her. "Are you ready for all of this?"

Gwen let out a nervous giggle. "I did marry you didn't I?" she asked as she kissed him.

"Good point."

〖Together, we can do anything.〗

〖For what can defeat love?〗

{Gwen is now Gweniera Barrington. I have yet to fix the layout. It's on my list of things to do.}  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
HOGWARTS GRADUATE
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Tamara emerged from the bathroom and moved over to the newly wedded couple and smiled at them. Though she never really got to know Cass, her and Gwen had become real good friends, so when Gwen had asked her to be her Maid of Honor, Tammy had gladly accepted. Now, here she was. "The service was great," Tammy said, a little awkwardly. She felt a little sad when she looked at them and touched the pendant necklace she was wearing with the bear paw print. She maintained her smile, despite the depression growing in her chest.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 pm
User Image
==== ==== мira ========

Do I care ⇢

⇠ What I wear

User Image

Mira smirked as she looked at the happy couple. It was their big day and so far had went to plan. The ceremony was good, Mira gave over the ring, and might have to do a toast at some point if the booze make it out. She smiled and made her way over to greet them.
"Can you smile any bigger Cass?" She joked and looked over to Gwen. "You looked beautiful today and might I say, still do." She complimented. Nodding to the maid of honor," Good to see you Tamara."She may be rough around the edges type of girl but she understood the whole wedding thing. Looking over the guest, her eyes scanning the crowd for a certain someone. He was yet to be seen, which strangle effected her.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
Translations{...}

OOC{]==[}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

"I only hope everyone's mood will last the night," Gwen replied to her Maid of Honor with a smile on her face. She was so glad that Tammy had agreed to come. Of course the young lady wondered about her friend's necklace, but she figured it was best to let her be.

The bride smiled as Mira complimented her. She did find it odd that her husband had picked her to be Best Man, but it was his choice. Mira was an interesting person, and the two had gotten to know each other, as Cass shared the same house as she. "Thanks," she replied, blushing a bit.

"It will if you keep making me smile Mira," Cass replied to his former teammate, laughing.

Co-Owners of Sugarplum's Sweetshop

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 pm
User Image

HOGWARTS GRADUATE
xxxxxxxxxx x x

"You too, Mira," Tammy said with a polite nod and turned her attention to the sea of guests milling about. Though she was here currently, her mind was miles away. Shaking her head lightly, she smiled again and tucked the pendant back into her dress to rest against her skin. The metal still had the warmth from her hand and it reminded her of the warmth he once brought to her heart. She turned her head and smiled at her friend. "I'm going to get some wine. You want some as well Gwen?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:02 pm
User Image

User Image
~Former Hufflepuff ~ Owner of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour~

Millona slipped quietly into the party, holding a little box for the newlyweds. It had been a lovely wedding, even if she didn't fully know everyone.

"Gweniera!" Millona smiled; Gwen looked lovely. She'd grown up so much. "Oh Gwen. It's so good to see you! Kendrick sends his regards and apologies for missing the wedding, but I'm certainly glad I came."

Was there a gift table she had missed? Oh well, she was here now. Uncertainly, she held out the box. "This, er, this is for you. And for Cassius. To share, of course."

Somewhat shamefully, Millona had to admit to herself that she wasn't sure Gwen had ever liked Fizzing Whizzbees, or if that had been another of the children she babysat. And even if she had once liked them, what if she had since stopped?

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A small owl landed on the window sill of one of the window in the room everyone was gathered in, a letter clutched in it's beak. Behind it another three flew with a painting that had a bow on it's upper right corner carefully holding the frame in their talons. The painting was of the Pair on the edge of the black lake during their 7th year. The artist had charmed it so the waves lapped at the shore and the pair would interact as they had the time it had orginally been sketched. Once the owls were let in the one carrying the letter lead the way in.

letter the owl has
Congratulations on your Wedding, I heard about it from some of the people we graduated with that I still talk to. I didn't really know or talk to you two during school, but I found this image among some of my sketches from our school years and thought you'd want it. If I had known you two better I'd have drop it off myself but between that and getting my shop fully up and running I haven't found much time to do much of anything. Anyway I hope you two like this painting (and sorry for lurking during your date our free periods had just over lapped despite being in three different houses.)
Best of luck with your lives
User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gwen nodded yes in response to Tammy's question and then looked up to see a familiar face calling her name. It was Millona, the woman who had once babysat her so long ago. "Hey! It's good to see you too!" the young woman said happily as she hugged her former sitter. "That's alright. I heard he got a job teaching at Hogwarts. I'm sure he's busy with that."

When Millona held out the box, Gwen smiled. "Thank you," she said politely as she opened the box to discover it was filled with Fizzing Whizbees. "You remembered!" she said, smiling.

Meanwhile, Cass was standing on his own, waiting for someone he knew to come talk to him when he took notice of a small owl perched on the window sill. He walked over to see that it had a letter in his beak. When he opened it, he saw a well painted picture of himself and his wife on the shore of the Black Lake. It took him back a bit. He laughed a bit at the note left by the artist and made a note to make a response to it at some point.

Co-Owners of Sugarplum's Sweetshop

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 am
User Image

User Image
~Former Hufflepuff ~ Owner of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour~

Millona breathed a soft sigh of relief. So her memory hadn't failed her there. Thank goodness.

"I'm so happy for you. Cassius seems like a good man," Millona said. "And what's this I hear about a sweets shop?"

Millona smiled. She herself had just set up shop in the ice cream parlour in Diagon Alley, and had been overjoyed to find out that Gwen co-ran Sugarplum's. "It must be such a lovely place to work."

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am
User Image

HOGWARTS GRADUATE
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara returned to Gwen with a glass of red wine and offered it to the bride, then sipped from her own glass. She watched as people enjoyed the party, a smile on her face. In her mind, she wondered if she would ever get married. Touching the pendant hanging around her neck, she thought the answer was probably not. A heavy sigh escaped her lips and she glanced around, making sure that no one was looking at her. She put the necklace back into her dress and smiled, forcing on a happy face.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm
User Image═════════════════════User Image

Gwen sat in the library waiting for her husband to get back. She had the room to herself. Her in-laws were both busy with their jobs. The former Ravenclaw could hear Amanda's student down the hall. The student actually sounded pretty good. She wondered how old the student was. Certainly not old enough to be at Hogwarts. Then again, it could be an alumnus. The young woman sighed as she got up to get a book, feeling as though she could use the exercise.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces