Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Barrington Family ~ Needs Updating (On Hold)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:41 pm
Current Members

Julius Barrington: Deceased
Amanda Barrington (nee Hartford)
Cassius Barrington
Gweniera Haude (Barrington)
Cecilia Barrington

{~Utsuha}
-VT
{~TVP}
~Utsuha [Updates to everyone accepted 8/18/14]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:59 pm
Hi, my name is Julius Barrington

I'm a male

I work in the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers.

I'm 70 years old.

My birthday is December 17, 1956

My dream job is just this. Being a potioneer makes me happy.

My blood status is pureblood.

I was in the class of 1974

The house I was in was Slytherin

I'm interested in women.

I'm currently with my lovely wife Amanda.

I may seem clever and refined but I'm really a bit of a trouble-maker. I expect quite a bit of my son.

My background story is somewhat interesting. Both of my parents, long dead by now had attended Hogwarts. They were both Slytherin, just as I became at the age of eleven. I was quite glad to have recieved my letter. It worried me though, since it came a bit late, in my opinion.

While in school, I did quite well in potions class, as well as a few others. I can't remember them all. I've been far too busy for remembering. Besides, if I can't remember, then it must not be important. I do have one thing that may have wiped those things from my mind. Her name was Amanda Hartford, and she was a year behind me in Slytherin. If she still had her youth, I'd be quite glad, but alas, that is not the case. I still love her though.

We dated for my last two years at Hogwarts. In the summer before her Seventh Year, I proposed. I couldn't wait. I'm so glad that she said yes. We were married in two years time. Eventually, Amanda told me that she was pregnant. Nine months later, she gave birth to a son, who we named Cassius.

It's been a pleasure watching my son grow up. I couldn't have been more proud when he was sorted into Slytherin. He did as well as I thought he could, and I was glad when he decided to join the Quidditch team in his Sixth Year. It is a regret of mine that I never got to see him play. I was a bit disappointed that he proposed to that Ravenclaw. However, she is quite a nice girl, and I'm glad that he loves her.

I enjoy my family, pulling pranks, night, cooking food, and music.

I despise boredom, watching my son fail, not knowing what to expect, and being irritated.

I'm afraid of creating a potion that would kill someone and Muggle traveling contraptions (cars).

My strengths are making potions and caring for my family.

My flaws are not knowing when to stop pushing and charmwork.

I look like this

My wand is a 15 inch blackthorn with a core of fox fur.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy: D
Alchemy: E
Charms: P
Defence Against the Dark Arts: A
Herbology: E
History of Magic: A
Potions: O
Transfiguration: A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Alchemy: O
Defence Against the Dark Arts: A
Potions: O

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:17 pm
Hi, my name is Amanda Barrington (nee Hartford)

I'm a lady.

I work in my house as a composer and music teacher.

I'm 69 years old.

My birthday is February 18, 1957

My dream job is making music, but being a grandma isn't that bad either!

I was in the class of 1975

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I'm interested in men.

I'm currently with my husband Julius.

I may seem silent and reserved but I'm really the same. I find new ways of doing the same thing, so I'm not as boring as some people might think.

My background story is probably not the most interesting one you've ever heard. Both my parents were purebloods who had attended Hogwarts. My father was in Ravenclaw, and my mother was in Slytherin. When my letter came, they were quite eager to see where I'd end up.

I was sorted into Slytherin where I did best in the more artistic subjects. Subjects such as art and music. I guess you could say I was fair at charms, but that's not where my passion was. I wanted very little to do with magic. I preferred working with my hands. Sure, the occasional Summoning Charm works wonders, but that's about it.

In my fifth year, a boy a year older than myself asked me out. His name was Julius Barrington. I had dated other boys before, but he was quite different. He was more of a gentleman than any of the others. In the summer before my seventh year, he proposed to me, and I said yes. In two years we were married and later had a son who we named Cassius.

I'm quite glad to see who my son's become. I'm just glad that he's happy. I really wish I could have seen him play Chaser in one of his Quidditch matches. I couldn't be happier with his choice of a wife. She really does make him happy.

I enjoy seeing my family happy, reading a good book, drawing, composing, and figuring new things out.

I despise rainy days, thunderstorms, using magic when I don't need to, and boredom.

I'm afraid of pianos falling on me and timpani. Not falling on me. Just the sound.

My strengths are the arts and charms.

My flaws are keeping quiet when I shouldn't and avoiding using magic.

I look like this

My wand is a 11 inch Walnut with a core of Griffin Hair.

My pet is a owl named Ludwig.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy: E
Art: E
Charms: O
Defence Against the Dark Arts: D
History of Magic: A
Muggle Art: E
Muggle Music: E
Music: O
Potions: E
Transfiguration: T

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Art: E
Charms: O
Muggle Art: E
Muggle Music: E
Music: O  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:51 pm
Hi, my name is Cassius Barrington

But I mostly go by Cass

I'm a handsome young man.

I work in the Foreign Affairs and Sports Department as the head.

I'm 28 years old.

My birthday is September 22, 1998

My dream job is becoming a Quidditch referee or something of the kind.

I was in the class of 2016.

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I'm interested in girls.

I'm currently with my wife, Gwen.

I may seem loud, obnoxious, and troublesome but I'm really quite sweet. I'm loyal to my friends and my family, but if you're on my bad side, then you get the outside appearance.

My background story is surprisingly simple. I was born in Belfast to two former Slytherins who were also purebloods. That's actually where I met my fiance.

I attended Charm School for a few years where I was known to get into quite a bit of trouble. One day, I actually skipped school. I just stayed around town all day. Eventually, I moved to Coventry, so there was a time where I couldn't see Gwen. We kept in touch through owls.

At the age of eleven, I got my letter to Hogwarts where I was sadly sorted into Slytherin. I wanted to be the different one in my family, but that didn't happen. I never had much of a natural talent for flying, so it was quite amazing that I ended up being a Chaser for Slytherin in my sixth year. Of course, I still managed to get into trouble. I did get caught sneaking off to Hogsmeade.

Despite all my troubles, I did become prefect in my fifth year, and Chaser in my sixth. I did best in Charms, Herbology and Defense Against the Dark Arts.

In my fourth year, I started dating Gwen. She was a Ravenclaw, but she was still the same girl I had known in Belfast. There was a bit of tension when we both became Chasers for our respective houses, but that didn't get in the way. During the last feast of the school year, I decided to become brave. She followed me out to the Lake where I told her how much I loved her before dropping down to one knee. Although I had nothing but a promise to offer her then, she still said yes. Eventually, we became the owners of Sugarplum's, but when we found out we were expecting, I decided to go get another job.

I enjoy spending time with Gwen, night, laughter, coming up with a prank, and even playing Quidditch.

I despise anyone trying to hurt Gwen, dogs, thunderstorms, boredom, and thunderstorms.

I'm afraid of swords.

My strengths are charms and herbology

My flaws are being patient enough to do things and not caring who gets in my way at times.

I look like myself

My wand is a 14 inch blackthorn with a core of Griffin hair

My pet is a tortoise shell cat named Zelda.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy - D
Charms - O
Defense Against the Dark Arts - EE
Herbology - A
History of Magic - A
Potions - O
Transfiguration - EE
Alchemy - O
Wandless Magic - A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Charms - O
Defense Against the Dark Arts - A
Potions - EE
Alchemy - A
Wandless Magic - O  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:11 pm
Hi, my name is Gweneira Barrington

But I mostly go by Gwen

I'm a lady.

I work at Hogwarts as a charms professor.

I'm 28 years old.

My birthday is October 1, 1998

My dream job is to teach charms at Hogwarts.

I was in the class of 2016.

The house I was in was Ravenclaw.

I'm interested in guys.

I'm currently with my husband, Cass.

I may seem quiet, loyal, and idealistic but I'm really a bit more complicated. I stand by those I love, stand against those I hate and give chances to those who need one.

My background story is surprisingly simple. I was born in Belfast to two pureblood parents. That's actually where I met my fiance.

I attended Charm School for a few years. I fooled around quite a bit with Cass. He did annoy me once. I lost a tooth and he laughed mercilessly at me. I gave him a screaming yo-yo in return for that. He still has it.

At the age of eleven, I got my letter to Hogwarts where I hoped to be re-united with Cass, since he had moved, but those hopes were crushed for a moment when he was sorted into Slytherin, and I into Ravenclaw. I did pretty good in all of my classes.

In my second year, my parents divorced, which left me being raised by several nannies. I honestly have no idea if my parents are still alive. The one good thing that happened that year was that I got to spend more time with Cass, even if it was in detention. A detention I earned from something that was more his idea than mine.

I did become quite accomplished while at Hogwarts. I took N.E.W.T.s in Charms, Herbology, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. I was a prefect and Chaser for Ravenclaw.

At the last feast of my seventh year, I thought something was wrong with Cass. I followed him to the Lake where I couldn't believe my ears. When he dropped to one knee, I didn't know what else to say but yes.

I enjoy music, the color blue, rain, spending time with Cass, and laughter.

I despise the full moon, when I get caught trying to pull of a prank, people who get sick around me and having to be brave.

I'm afraid of underground places.

My strengths are charms and flying.

My flaws are being put in awkward social situations like dances and transfiguration.

I look like myself

My wand is a 13 inch oak with a core of raven feathers.

My pet is a owl named Fenoglio.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy E
Charms O
Defence Against the Dark Arts A
Herbology E
History of Magic E
Potions A
Transfiguration A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Charms O
Defense Against the Dark Arts O
Herbology O
Potions E  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:11 pm
Hi, my name is Cecilia Barrington

I'm a girl!

I'm ten years old.

My birthday is November 7, 2016.

My dream job is to be a curse-breaker.

The school I will be going to is Hogwarts!

I'm a _____ in (house)

I'm interested in guys.

I'm currently with nobody.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm someone who tends to do things without thinking about them. I tend to be very outgoing and willing to get things done, no matter the cost. I don't like rules too much, but I'm willing to face the consequences when I get caught. I prefer learning by doing and not learning things that I really don't need to know. I can be observant and tend to pick up on other people's emotions well, however, when making decisions, I don't think about other people. I make my decisions based upon what I know. I tend to stick to what I think is right and wrong. I love to go on my own adventures, mostly because I love to tell stories.

My background story is something that gets longer everyday! My parents met a long time ago when they were around my age. I haven't met anyone yet who seems to be interesting enough to marry, but that's really not important right now. Despite my mom's job working at Hogwarts as one of the charms professor and my dad's job working as the head of an office at the Ministry, we still live with my grandparents in Belfast. I don't mind it too much, especially since my Nanna makes such pretty music. She even started teaching me before I started attending Charms School. My parents think that it would be a good idea for me to go there.

Since starting Charm School, I've started taking a more rebellious turn. I hardly stay around. It bores me, learning what they have to teach me. I'd much rather be out doing than sitting still all day. I really can't wait until I go to Hogwarts and get my wand.

I enjoy playing music, skipping out on school, stealing one of my dad's brooms, telling stories, and when mum is home from school.

I despise sitting still, being sick, rainy days, gnomes, and homework.

I'm afraid of mice, clowns, and spiders.

My strengths are playing music and sneaking out.

My flaws are listening and sitting still.

I look like this

My wand is a TBD

My pet is a Maine Coon kitten named Aednat.  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas