Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Should old acquaintance be forgot...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy New Year!
  w00t.
View Results

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:40 pm
Or not. Because I remember you all! xd

Well, it is 2012. Will it be the end of the world? Probably not. Will it be a very important year for some of us? Definitely. So let's sit down with a drink of our choice and talk. Because that's what we do best.

How did you celebrate on New Year's Eve? I was at the family cabin with my family, my best friend, and my girlfriend. Good food, games, music, walks, cider, champagne...it was nice.

What are your New Year's resolutions, short term goals, and long term goals? And on a somewhat related note, what do you want to see happen in 2012?

What are your happiest memories from 2011?

...Go! razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:38 pm
Happiest memories? Uuuhhh
My boyfriends birthday. 3nodding
We went away for the weekend.  

pompoennetje

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:00 pm
Where did you go? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:11 pm
Hum... I feel like I am repeating myself because many of you are already friends with me on Facebook- buuut- My husband and I stayed home for the new year. I made dinner and then we spent the rest of the night playing Minecraft on my brother's server. Once the new year rolled around I crashed out and that was that.

My happiest memory for 2011 was every morning seeing my husband's face. Sounds cheesie- but it is true. As for resolutions- I'm not really sure if I made one. I do know that some of my goals I have made before the new year even rolled around was to lose like 100 pounds, continue to be alcohol free, try to reconnect with the friends I have- things like this.

Something I'd like to see happen this year-
I'd really like to figure out who and what I am made of. I'd like to finally find myself and everything I stand for.  

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:36 pm
Best of luck, Deb! And I'm hoping for the year in which I can wake up every morning to see my girlfriend's face, too. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 am
I think my best memories of 2011 involve me getting back in contact with a friend that I'd fallen out with a couple of years ago and suddenly going right back into being super best friends.

The day I travelled up to where my friend lives for his girlfriend's party was pretty good too - there was beer, bbq and a bouncy castle!

so far, 2012 has been about me putting bad things behind me and just starting completely fresh  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 pm
Nu Lucrezia

so far, 2012 has been about me putting bad things behind me and just starting completely fresh

That's basically my thing. The end of 2011 for me really wasn't the best. I had a bad job experience and ultimately my girlfriend, friends, and family had to redeem the last week of the year for me. So I'm starting completely fresh as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 pm
Reeves
Nu Lucrezia

That's basically my thing. The end of 2011 for me really wasn't the best. I had a bad job experience and ultimately my girlfriend, friends, and family had to redeem the last week of the year for me. So I'm starting completely fresh as well.

My Granddad died about a week before Christmas, so I had that to deal with. On top of that, the funeral was last week, I had my Dad to deal with last week (and I'm super angry with him and possibly not even talking to him at the moment) and my hamster died on Friday night. Oh, and the girl I had a bit of a crush on bats for the other team ( xd )

so...yeah, it's nice to put all that behind me sweatdrop  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 pm
Nu Lucrezia
Reeves
Nu Lucrezia

My Granddad died about a week before Christmas, so I had that to deal with. On top of that, the funeral was last week, I had my Dad to deal with last week (and I'm super angry with him and possibly not even talking to him at the moment) and my hamster died on Friday night. Oh, and the girl I had a bit of a crush on bats for the other team ( xd )

so...yeah, it's nice to put all that behind me sweatdrop

...Is she hot? razz

Really sorry to hear about your granddad. My grandma actually died on Christmas back in 2008. So that was "fun." What exactly happened with your dad, if you don't mind me asking?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:09 pm
Reeves
...Is she hot? razz

Really sorry to hear about your granddad. My grandma actually died on Christmas back in 2008. So that was "fun." What exactly happened with your dad, if you don't mind me asking?
she's totes hot, bro xp

wall of text alert:

My Dad, along with my Step-Mum and brother, flew over for the funeral (the Granddad in question was his Dad). They were only around for a week, so we were trying to do as much as possible around the days/shifts I was working. When we were out thursday, he told me that he'd come pick me up after work on friday (sometime between 6 and 7 is what he said) and take me to a mini family gathering that several family members who were at the funeral would attend.

So friday rolls around and I get home from work at about 5:30. At 5:45 I get a call from him saying that he's going out for a meal instead and that it'd be pretty late by the time they'd finished and where I live is in the opposite direction from where the gathering was, so by the time they'd finished and he'd come to get me, it'd be pretty late. I started to get a bit annoyed because this is really short notice. The situation wasn't helped by him being presumptuous enough to just assume I would be able to get a ride. When I said that I couldn't, he just said "Get a bus". Basically, he was asking me to get a bus at night to somewhere that I'm not familiar with. I kept telling him that I wouldn't even know where to begin getting to where this place is, and he kept saying that my Nan was saying I could get a bus to [wherever] and just get a taxi from there. I kept telling him that I don't even know where those places are, let alone how I would get there by bus.

At this point, he just tells me to look online to find a bus number. I then told him that there's no point - I have no cash on me and it's a 20 minute walk to the nearest cash point (ATM). He just told me to look online and find a number and to text him if I find anything. I texted him not long after saying that I have no idea how to use the website and that I'm not even 100% sure where it is I would have to go to. I get told to look for a number so I can phone them and get help. I texted him to tell him that the phone line was closed and asked if he'd pay for a taxi and I have heard literally nothing from him since. Not even a "it was nice seeing you" or a "our flight was alright and we're back home safely". ******** him, basically  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm
Yikes. That seemed really inconsiderate and uncaring of him. I'm sorry. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:16 pm
It's been about a week since I've spoken or even heard from him. No "hey, we got home ok". ******** it xd  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:03 pm
Nu Lucrezia
It's been about a week since I've spoken or even heard from him. No "hey, we got home ok". ******** it xd

Jesus. Thank God I have parents who actually give a damn about me. Sorry, Nu. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am
my Mum cares, and that's all that really matters to me  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points