Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Should I try out this volunteer writing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 am
Maybe you already know this, but I have a blog and I enjoy writing about cats and other animals/pets.

And today one of the blogs that I follow posted a link from 'Anipal Times'. It's a site about animals and for their owners.

And I got interested in it when I found out that this site is looking for volunteer writers. And I'd like to try out to volunteer write for that site. But I often think I'm not good enough, bla bla bla. I'm afraid I just suck.

Some of my friends said I should just give it a try, and see what happens. And that same blogger who posted that link told me that I probably know more than I think.

What do you think?
Should I just give it a try? Or wait? No idea for what tho.
Ugh, I don't know. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:55 am
Go for it. There's no harm in trying. You never know what would come from it either. Volunteering is often the best way to get a proper job.

Just do it.  

cheesy nipples

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 am
cheesy nipples
Go for it. There's no harm in trying. You never know what would come from it either. Volunteering is often the best way to get a proper job.

Just do it.

Thanks!

And I probably will. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 am
What nips said. Plus this is one of those volunteering things were you'll walk away with something to show for it instead of all of my volunteering jobs which essentially amount to "well, I was there and I did stuff..."

Go for it. :3

also, for you:

User Image  

Violaceous Vertigo

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:33 am
Do it. And also, if you're into animals, dig up some corgi videos on Youtube. They're everywhere. They're adorable.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:35 am
Violaceous Vertigo
What nips said. Plus this is one of those volunteering things were you'll walk away with something to show for it instead of all of my volunteering jobs which essentially amount to "well, I was there and I did stuff..."

Go for it. :3

also, for you:

User Image

I wish I could hug it through the internet. gonk

I never did volunteer work before.  

pompoennetje

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:36 am
Reeves
Do it. And also, if you're into animals, dig up some corgi videos on Youtube. They're everywhere. They're adorable.

Welsh Corgies! They are so adorable!
I almost talkd my parents into it, but they chose a different breed instead. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:50 am
Funklepuss
Reeves

I almost talkd my parents into it, but they chose a different breed instead. lol

You'll love this video, then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwQqxDWE2M  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:04 am
Reeves
Funklepuss
Reeves

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwQqxDWE2M

D'awe, that is adorable!

In my town we had some corgies as well, 4 of them, and they always followed the owner around. It was cute.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:34 am
Funklepuss
Reeves
Funklepuss
Reeves

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwQqxDWE2M

D'awe, that is adorable!

In my town we had some corgies as well, 4 of them, and they always followed the owner around. It was cute.
My girlfriend now wants a corgi so badly. Who knows, maybe if we're together for long enough, we'll get one. whee  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
The Barely-Knowns

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers