Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Need Some Advice Please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 pm
I'm having a bit of trouble getting someone out of my life.

Some background info~
When I was in high school, there was a guy that would follow me around. At first, he was nice but kinda gave me that feeling like I shouldn't be around him. A gut feeling, it's kinda hard to describe. He knew me through my best friend, who thought it was "cute" that he had a crush on me. I don't think he had too many friends, and might've been lonely. Eventually, he asked me out and I said no. After that, he started following me, almost stalking me. He would be at my locker every morning, follow me to classes I didn't tell him that I had, and walk with me out after classes. The more he did this, the more the bad feeling I got around him increased. He was hoping that I would change my mind. I don't think he got the message that I didn't want to be anywhere near him.

I used to try and sneak to and from my locker as much as I could and try to get to classes as early as possible to avoid him. Eventually, I snapped and told him to leave me alone. It worked for awhile, thankfully. He graduated and I didn't hear from him until the summer, when he started to call again. Each time he would call, I would remember all the stress and the nightmares that I used to have frequently would come back. Part of me still felt kinda bad for him, so I was polite and ended the calls as soon as I could. He asked a few times if I wanted to get together, of course I said no.

The calls became less frequent, and now he doesn't call much anymore thankfully. I'd really like him out of my life. I feel like he is lonely, but talking with me isn't going to help either of us. I'm not comfortable around him at all, and can't help but think of what I went through before. Even a friendship wouldn't be possible. He doesn't seem to get the message though that I don't want him in my life.

I can't get a restraining order, and I can't get change my phone number. I feel like no matter what I say, he'll keep trying. It's very frustrating :/

Is there anything I could do spell-wise to help?

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:42 pm
Why can't you get a no-contact order?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 pm
Out of curiosity, why can't you change your number?

And why not just block his number when he calls? Plus if you tell him to leave you alone and he doesn't, call the police and file harrasment.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:50 pm
I think you need past documented history for that. I'm not sure, but I think since he's only really been calling, it wouldn't count as physical harassment. Mental/emotional harassment maybe? I think a restraining order is more for physical harassment, like if he was to come to my house or where I work and harass me.

Edit* We have a land-line phone, I don't think you can change the phone numbers on them? o.o Or can you?  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:57 pm
I'm pretty sure if you called your phone company you still could.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:14 pm
Awesome! I'll have to check that out. Thanks biggrin  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:37 pm
Most land-line phones also have a "block" feature as well. If it's not included with your regular service, you can usually subscribe to it as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:07 pm
xMoonlitShadowsx
I think you need past documented history for that. I'm not sure, but I think since he's only really been calling, it wouldn't count as physical harassment. Mental/emotional harassment maybe? I think a restraining order is more for physical harassment, like if he was to come to my house or where I work and harass me.

Edit* We have a land-line phone, I don't think you can change the phone numbers on them? o.o Or can you?

Block his number an send him a certified letter saying you don't want him to ever contact you again. Once he signs that he accepts the letter, you have physical proof that you have told him not to contact you.

If he keeps doing it after that, take a copy of the certification, a copy of the letter, and doctumentation (phone logs etc) to the police.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:35 pm
Thank you heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:42 pm
Esiris
xMoonlitShadowsx

Block his number an send him a certified letter saying you don't want him to ever contact you again. Once he signs that he accepts the letter, you have physical proof that you have told him not to contact you.

If he keeps doing it after that, take a copy of the certification, a copy of the letter, and doctumentation (phone logs etc) to the police.

Exactly what I was about to say.  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers