Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Does love know no age? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  Thanks!
View Results

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 pm
A question to ponder, BKers, as I arrive from the madness that is my life...

How old would be the oldest person you'd date?
How young would be the youngest person you'd date?
And why?

Discuss.

I'M SORRY FOR BEING SO AWOL.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 pm
Oldest? 30.
Youngest? 18, at this point in my life (I'm 22).

For me, I've always pictured myself to be the older one, though I'd make exceptions. In my relationship, I am the older one. However, when it comes to my sexuality, there's not so much emphasis on age equalling more dominance. So I was always a little more open about it.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 am
Same as Reeves.
Oldest: 30
Youngest: 18

I want to be on the same line with the person I would be dating. If I'm dating with someone younger than 18, I get the feeling I'm dating a kid. But, it also depends on how that person has matured. If he is 17, and behaves like he's 25, I can make an exception.

And If I would be dating someone that is older than 30. I get this daughter/father feeling.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 pm
It's funny, my aunt and uncle are seventeen years apart and he was a professor and she a student when they met. No joke. It's interesting to think about the different mentalities not only in age, but also in complementing careers or positions or roles.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:00 pm
I believe that consenting adults are capable of making decisions for themselves.

However, I also believe that for a relationship to be healthy, there can't be a huge power imbalance, which can accompany relationships where one is much older than the other--but not necessarily.

Right now, youngest I'd do is probably 20. I want someone that's been out of high school for a while, at least.

Oldest I'd probably go for right now is 30ish. I've been on a date with a 30 yr old earlier this year, actually. He was kinda boring, but that's beside the point.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:26 pm
Oldest? I don't know, I think my cap is ten years. Maybe fifteen? I suppose it'd have to come down to whether they kept up with the times. Music, pop-culture, clothing, politics, et cetera... I suppose it really comes down to whether or not we can have an intelligent discussion about all of it. That and they'd have to be able to put up with my devil music and my rebel-without-a-cause attitude. (See also: Death metal and pop-punk lifestyle. lol )

I think a good way to think about it is that, if my dad is old enough to be their dad, then I'd be able to handle their age.

OHANDALSO: Hi everyone. Life's been a bit hectic after the break-up, but all-in-all things are well. Just a li'l busy. I'll try to poke my head in more often. C:

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 am
Good to see you again, Noggin. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 pm
I feel like too much of an age difference will just contribute to some little bullshit that could eventually become serious business.

So I probably wouldn't go more than like five years either way.

Idolatrine

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:09 pm
My boyfriend is 2 years younger
than me, and that's definitely as
young as I'll ever go.

I wouldn't date someone too much
older than me at this stage of my
life either. Maybe 2 years, max.

It's hard to explain, really.
I think I just want that person to
be in the same stage of life that
I am so we can go through it
together.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:15 pm
Awesome McGee
I feel like too much of an age difference will just contribute to some little bullshit that could eventually become serious business.

It definitely does. Adam and I were ten years apart and didn't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, factoring in experience.  

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 pm
NogginDew
Awesome McGee

It definitely does. Adam and I were ten years apart and didn't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, factoring in experience.

Whoa, I had no idea you were so different in age!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:37 pm
Reeves
NogginDew
Awesome McGee

Whoa, I had no idea you were so different in age!

Indeed we were. One thing that people will tell you about an older SO is that they have so much more life experience; what they don't factor in is that that also means ten more years of emotional baggage and scars that end up affecting you and your relationship.  

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 am
NogginDew
Awesome McGee

This kind of touches on what I was going to mention-
When you date somebody older/younger even by 10 years- you're in two different places in your life. While somebody in their 20's fresh out of HS is thinking about college, parties, and homework... somebody in their 30's is most likely over that, ready to settle down, and want different things. They've done it all already. Or something- did that make sense?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm
Even two years difference, depending on where you are in life, makes a difference. For example, my girlfriend and me. I'm twenty-two, a college graduate, with a full time underwriting job. My girlfriend is twenty, a junior in college working on her drama degree. We may only be two years apart, but we're both in very different life phases.

My girlfriend is still enjoying college while I'm now attempting to be become a responsible adult. Yet we both love each other very much. Maturity does make a huge difference, and the fact that my girlfriend has held down jobs before helps in terms of perspective. She also wants to be a working actress, so she already knows what an actress's schedule is like. It helps.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

FunnyJump

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm
I think I'd rather just have someone older than me. If they're younger than me by a year or two it's really awkward. I'd date someone 10 years older than me maximum, but that's about it.

nothing wrong about high standards ;-;  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces