Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Recycle Bin
(OPENACCEPTING) Tales of Horrors (Symphonian Gothic Horror) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Gothic Horror?
Werewolves!
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Vampires!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zombies!
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Ghosts!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Demons!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Giant Spiders!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
GOLD!!!
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 pm
Tales of Symphonia:
Tales of Horrors

OOC
Profiles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 pm
What happened to the world?

The roads are not safe, especially near Gaoracchia Forest. With the World regeneration, and Ratatosk's work to seal the demonic realm ten years ago, the powers of darkness seemed at their weakest. But somehow attacks on the roads across Aselia have increased. Zombies have been sighted near Luin, Werewolves roam outside Sybak. Vampires have been spotted moving towards Meltokio, and Geists roam from graveyards everywhere.

The source of this phenomina appears to be Gaoracchia forest. These horrors seem to be spilling forth from the forest on a nightly basis, but few dare travel into it already, and who would be foolhardy enough to try and find the cause of this madness? A reward is being offered by the Tethe'allan king, and the Sylvaranti have also posted a bounty on information about the attacks.

But is it worth it?

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:12 pm
Wanted!
Anyone with information about attacks from Gaoracchia forest, or willing to face it's dangers to discover the source.

Report to the nearest Kats Exploration Guild with the following information, in an envelope with the name of the city you found this flyer in:

Master's/Mentor's name: (username)
Name: (Character's name)
Appearance: (link or text please.)
Weapons:
Artes:
Short Biography: (One paragraph minimum.)
Other information:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:30 am
Rules:
1) Standard Gaia, Guild, and Roleplaying Rules apply, meaning no godmodding, type your posts in third person, no chatspeak, etc.
2) You CAN be a Gothic horror monster type for your race. Talk to me for more information.
3) As Pack Alpha of this RP, I reserve the right to refuse entries that do not meet the standards of the RP or do not follow the rules. I also reserve the right to change the rules if necessary.
4) THERE WILL BE DEATH! Your character cannot dodge everything or fight off everything out to kill it! In combat, you will make a twenty sided die roll whenever you are attacked. If it hits an odd number, you're hit. You will also have to roll a d20 to resist lycanthropy or vampirism.
5) This RP is going to be my standards of Literate Meaning the following:
- 1 - Posts are a paragraph long at the shortest as much as possible.
- 2 - Spell and grammar checked.
- 3 - Proper quotations around speaking parts.
That's it. Simple right?
6) If you're not having fun, let me know and I'll try to fix the issue. Thank you and enjoy the RP.  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 am
A Survivor's guide to Gothic Horror

The following is a guidebook to surviving in the world of Gothic Horror, much like how Garacchia has become today. These tips are meant to keep you alive through your travels, and failure to follow any of these rules could potentially lead to death.

#1: LIFE BOTTLES - Always bring a healthy supply of Life Bottles for your allies. Don't be that member of the party that forgot to bring his five bottles along and can't resurrect anyone in battle. Just because a party member knows Resurrection DOES NOT mean you can skimp on Life Bottles, because if they go down, you'd better have some available.

#2: GROUPS - A wise man once said, If you must go out at night, bring a mob. He wasn't kidding. Staying in a group and keeping together is vital to survival. If you fall unconscious, any number of things could get to you, and most of them aren't friendly. Make sure to have at least two other people with you when you enter, and try to have at least one of those two with you when you leave. If you MUST split up, split into groups of no less than two. If you MUST go alone through an area on your trip, DON'T. Stay put and keep a watch with your allies for any enemies or find another route.

#3: TRUST - Trust no one but your party, and even then, don't trust them much. If anyone in the group suddenly screams or disappears for a short time, DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON THEM. The likelihood of them having been turned into something or killed by a doppelganger are high, so keep an eye on them at all times. DO NOT ACCEPT HOSPITALITY FROM STRANGERS IN THE WOODS! They could be a vampire or werewolf, looking for gullible fools to feast upon.

#4: WOUNDS - Taking damage out in the Forrest can be fatal if not handled properly. The average person can take only ten hits in a fight before they'll be rendered unconscious. Life bottles can bring you back, but after five hits you'll be downed again. Use teamwork and keep track of how wounded you are, and make sure to let your teammates know if you really need help.

This guide will continue to expand as new information is obtained.
These tips that are listed above are VITAL to your survival. Keep a mental note of these rules, follow them, and you may make it through the forest alive.
Good luck, and good hunting...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm
(Welcome to the survival horror. The RP is open.)  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Faung Mei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:20 pm
((Shall I start then? ^^))

On the road to Gaoracchia, A girl with silver hair, and violet eyes takes the dirt path leading to the dangerous forest of Gaoracchia. "This should be the way... Ive heard horrible rumors, and even seen posters up about allot of monsters and undead appearing in the forest" She lets out a sigh as she pulls her Rapiers out, as she is getting closer to the forest. "Mama...Papa... I swear I will find you... If you are dead... then I will avenge you..."

She stands outside the forest, staring up at the huge trees, and looking at the vines covering the ground. "Prepare yourself evil creatures...!"

The girl raises one of her Rapiers up, giving a confident smile she proceeds into the dark forest.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:52 pm
Hundreds of feet back on the road, a robed and hooded humanoid figure emerged from the shadows of a much smaller forested area. While some would call him a man, this one seemed to be something different. His skin and hair had a pale blue-green tinge to them, and he moved with inhuman grace and composure.
"The Katz have always been an enigma," he said to himself in a calm voice as he stepped over to the side of the path. "For they do not reveal their true nature. Yet they are able to go out in public without any problems."
He looked around the path, scanning for anyone walking along it. "I hope I will be able to do the same without the hood of this robe."
He stepped out onto the road and turned toward his destination, the forest known as Gaoracchia. "I am fortunate to have crossed paths with them, for I also seek to end the plague of these monstrous horrors." With that, he proceeded along the path to Gaoracchia.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 pm
A silent figure, clad in a bright white cloak with silver shoulder plates, easily hefting a long, thin blade on his shoulder. His cloak was drawn close around the front, and despite how close his hood kept to his face, one could tell instantly the male stature and walk, as well as the quiet power exuding from him. He had a mission, a path he was meant to follow, and that path lead to Gaoracchia .
With a silent prayer and a last look to the bright world, he vanished into the darkness of Gaoracchia, striding confidently into the shadows...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 pm
Just outside the gates of Sybak stood a girl of green hair just inches past the shoulders, with long, pointed ears that gave away her Elven lineage. But if one could take a closer look at her, they would say she strikes them as perhaps a little...inhuman. Those bright yellow eyes of hers at least inspired uneasiness if stared at long enough. Her fingers and toes, out in plain sight, were tipped with nails that were strangely black and sharp.

She was doing one final check of supplies on her person before stepping away. She looked like she had quite a hefty load on her, yet it didn't seem to trouble or hinder her in the slightest. With a nod to herself, she slung her pack back over her shoulder and walked briskly onto the path that led to the Gaoracchia Forest. She continued at that pace until she found herself soon approaching a...man? Entering a thoughtful state, she slowed down. She did not have any idea what the stranger would look like beneath those robes and hood, but a quiet sniff at the air told her that he didn't exactly carry the scent of a human. But it wasn't a scent like any of the monsters she had encountered either...

She was growing curious, but she was always kind of socially awkward. Assuming that this person before her would most likely not want to be bothered, she just remained silent and kept gaze straight forward as she walked on.

((Um, yeah, it's Echnidnaeus she's passing by there. ^.^; ))  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:44 am
The figure only acknowledged the other's presence by turning his head slightly to look back. I believe it would be best for that person to only see my back, for both of our sakes.
Looking forward to a time when such caution would not be necessary, he continued down the path. He was made to hunt evil, and that was exactly what he would do.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:01 am
The white robed figure stopped, hearing movement ahead. He could tell there were two people ahead, one following the other at a distance. After a short, silent deliberation, the silent figure moved in, zeroing on the leader. Within moments he could see both figures, and kept close between them, off to their left out of sight.  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 pm
The other robed figure also heard movement. Hoping that he hadn't walked into a monster's trap, he continued walking. He obviously wasn't certain that it was one, but something felt strange to him. A sort of tingling feeling in his mind, if you will.
He soon came within sight of the dark forest, his goal. He stopped and spoke, addressing anyone who cared to listen. "I would advise you to find an alternate route if you intend to pass this forest. It is a very dangerous place."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:51 pm
The girl began to hear sounds coming from behind her, she was obviously scared, however hid it, and looked around her. "Who's there? Is it a monster?" She quickly jumped on to a stump, then jumped on to a tree branch, ("I didn't know there was going to be anyone else here... what could be going on?") She stayed in her spot, and continued to scout the area.

Holding her Rapiers close, she got in a stance, in case she was attacked.  

Faung Mei

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:58 am
The green-haired Elf felt a fleeting pang of nervousness as the figure ahead of her looked back for a moment, likely signifying that he noticed her. That hood still concealed him; she still couldn't know what kind of face was beneath that robe. And she was also surprised to find him aiming for the same destination.

Entering the Gaorrachia after him but still keeping a distance, she was too late to hear the movement that he had, but she at least picked up a new scent...no, two. Humans. Then, she was able to catch the voice of a girl. However, not aware that the man before her had enhanced senses as well, she thought he was addressing her. After looking around for a few moments, she duly replied, "Um, actually...I'm on a mission that requires me to head directly into this forest. ...Hm. Might the same be true of you?"  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff