David2074
Captain

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:16 pm
After giving it a lot of thought I have decided to place my fish in Barrett's freezer and remove my aquariums from my sigs.

I've had fun with my tanks the past couple of years but the past couple of months I've watched dolphin prices rise and simultaneously watched my daily tank earnings and play decrease significantly. The net earnings have decreased enough it is no longer worth (to me) the daily grind of making sure I log in every evening, checking and posting my tanks on dial up internet and so on. For some time I haven't really needed the gold except to buy more dolphins and to help various causes and guilds on Gaia. I was mainly in it for the fun of the tanks. Except it hasn't been fun for me for a while now so I think it is time to take a break.

My sincere thank you to those of you invited my tanks to post, played my tanks and gave me over 62,000 bumps!

My tanks may return in a few weeks or months. It largely depends on the future of booty grab and what adjustments Panagrammic makes to the game and fish.

If you need me to delete a post(s) in your thread please quote the next post. Quoting me will help me see it.

Please include links to all posts you want removed. In some threads my mules and I are lumped together; in others the posts are quite spread out. I'm on dial up and searching for the posts is really tedious so having links really helps. My apologies for any inconvenience. I stopped accepting invites once I realized I was considering removing my tanks. Accounts affected are:
David2074, Mufid, Mulepup, Nabiki the Mule, Ranma the Mule, and Zog the Mule

If you are forming a new booty grab thread I am still willing to send out qualified invites for you as guild announcements. I won't be posting my own tanks for now (obviously) but I'd still like to see booty grab succeed and wish you well.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:18 pm
(Please quote this post if you need me to delete a post)
REQUEST TO DELETE POST(s)
PLEASE PROVIDE LINK(s) AND ACCOUNT NAME(s) BELOW

David2074
Captain

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Kai-Shan Valandria

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:58 pm
Awww! Can't say I'm terribly surprised - my mom and I are keeping our mains since they're pretty well-advertised and bring in a fair amount, but our mules kept dropping lower and lower and now they're really just there to farm for fish drops. Good luck anyway, and it was fun sometimes while it lasted! xD heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 pm
david, after reading that, it made me incredibly sad. I surely understand the frustration though. I do hope things turn around for bootygrab, but we have seen so many changes that i just dont hold out much hope. In agreement with aloysius, who was a dear and helped me get started with her patience in gaia aquariums and all, without the main avi, our mules are not even getting players now with top notch fish. Its sad to see the veterans fold up...very sad. cry  

purrfectly yours

Perfect Girl

bronxbigred

O.G. Shapeshifter

29,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm
I feel the same way, I only have 2 of my 10 tanks still alive, to much work for just a little bite of gold. I will let my tanks go after the holidays.
People don't bump when u are glowing anymore
I have to bump and grab my own tanks to get the most gold possible
will miss u David from another David me rofl rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 pm
This is sad but not surprising. Gaia persists is frustrating honest players and tank owners. This is the result. sad  

Shadey Kitty

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 pm
David2074

Awwww David - Big Hugz!!! emotion_bigheart You know you will be missed!! I still grab here and there and I am hoping to come back one day when they finish making all their changes. I'm letting my fish die out too but trying to stay stable by keeping my fish up to 100% health - not easy of course.

I hope we'll still see you around and talk - You are one of the few best Gaian friends I have here and the others know who they are of course emotion_bigheart you have SO many friends here, it's hard to believe - you will be missed in a huge area of Gaia!!

Gaia needs to see through all these things. See the effects, chain reaction, cause and effect of people's actions to their changes. One day they will. When it smacks them in the face. The Alchemy is making a better impact on the MP inflation (maybe some of you who reads this may have caught on to that also).

With love, hugz, and understanding,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm
Can't say I blame you. I couldn't keep up with the hassle of my tank either, so I'm just letting it run its course. Other than my bump thread in my sig, I've stopped doing anything with it. It's sad what's happened to BG.  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

David2074
Captain

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:30 pm
AloysiusWeasley

purrfectly yours

bronxbigred

David is (or at least was) an extremely popular game. I once worked in a workcenter in the Navy where there were five or six David's out of a 24 people. lol!
I know some folks stalk and bump their own tanks but I just dont' have the time. Dial up bites. smile If I do nothing more than log on to my accounts and load my tanks and check my daily tank PMs it takes about an hour.
Shadey Kitty

BrilliantBlueStar_0

BBS, I'm not actually letting my fish die. I put them in the freezer so I at least have the option of taking them out at some point in the future.
Virgo Whiskers

Pardon the empty group quote but my comments are more or less the same.
Just thanks for the kind words and yeah, maybe I will bring them back in a few weeks or months.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 pm
Maybe they will bring back the drop rates once they find out that the Elite booty-grabbers like us have stopped playing because we had enough of their crap.~  

Sapphire_God

3,100 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

TheVoidUniverse

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:05 am
well this sux crying  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 am
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised more people haven't done this yet. BG's future is still a bit too shaky for me to get back to getting a tank.
But if I do, it'll probably be after my huge analyzer update which should be coming relatively soon. :3
~King Awesome

King Awesomolocity

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Humphreypoptart

Mega Sex Symbol

24,275 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 am
Sorry to hear that, but glad you are still going to be around.
I still enjoy aquariums, most of the time. I agree it can be tedious at times. Having to log each account to make sure the tank glows can be a chore sometimes. I've already dropped one mule, and will most likely drop the last one once the Enkis die off.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 am
You know I just recently did the same thing with all 3 of my tanks. I just don't have the time to stalk my tanks right now, and it seems like the amount people who bump a tank they grab is just dwindling. And even a few times k would bump my full gsc and airshark tank for the whole glow and get under 10 players. That tank averages over 4k.... I just didn't get what happened. If I bumped a whole glow I usually always got over 20 plays. And if I caught atleast 4 glows I was doing ok. I just don't see eye to eye with some of the changes and it seems like it's really effected the bg community  

h1sarmyw1f3

Girl-Crazy Hoarder

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
sorry to see your fish go we really enjoyed them cry

i added your fish to the No Fish Section sweatdrop
if or when you decide to have fish again we will move them back to their correct spot 3nodding

DISCUSSION

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff