A musical Contest~ Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NchiMahadhi Pride

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:41 pm
User Image

The above girl is up for contest! There isn't much info about her except that she is going to be joining the Nchi'Mahadhi Pride!. Where did she come from? What is she like? All of this is up to you! She is looking for an owner to give her some life!

Ends Sept. 24, 2011 - 9:00PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules~

• I would enjoy it very much if the lioness stayed in the pride. This lioness has been donated to the pride to be given away.
  • Do not apply if you do not plan on RPing her! I want to see her RPed as much as possible!
  • No complaining~
  • Read up on the pride~ Subfourm!
  • I really don't think any other rules are needed~ Everyone enjoy!

To apply for her!
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]RP sample:[/b] (Link me to a sample of your RPies)
[b]Song:[/b] (This is a musical pride! link me to a song that represents her in some way)
[b]Why do you want her?:[/b]
[b]Rank wanted:[/b]
[b]Any notes?:[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:53 pm
Username: Lorne_Sionn
Name/Meaning: Naeku -born in the morning
Personality: Naeku loves the richness of her life and of her pride. She always has a song playing in her head and can be found thumping out its melody with her tail when walking, or pacing out the rhythm with her paws. She loves going out into the lands past the pride's borders to find inspiration for her stories, songs and dances. She'll even share one or two of her many with friendly strangers in trade of their own! Life for her is an advanture filled with never ending song and dance, which makes her a little naive, and a little too trusting sometimes. Generous and giving, Naeku is open and full of laughter.
Bio: Naeku had a typical cubhood, within a loving family. She learned the ways of the Nchi'mahadhi through cub story songs, and as she grew The Chants, and finally when she showed promise as a dancer. The day she was allowed to apprentice under the Umsini was the proudest of her life and even now she treasures those first anklets. With hard work, and a true joy for the dance and for song, Neaku began to weave stories into her dances, both with rhythm and step and with spoken word and song. She went to the Umsini and to the Kongwe to seek their support to speak to the Malenga to be granted the rank of Sheha so that she might share what was in her heart with the rest of the Nchi'mahadhi, and follow the music where it might lead her past the pride lands to bring back to her people.
RP sample: The Jungle Has Its Dangers
Song: Jambo Bwana
Why do you want her?: I love the beautiful culture that comes with the traditional African story telling through dance and song. The beats made with the drums, gourds and other 'simple' instruments calls to something primal within us and allows us to experience the music and the message in a new way.
Rank wanted: Sheha
Any notes?: Loves me that Rp. =)  

Lorne_Sionn

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:17 pm
Username: Talencia
Name/Meaning: Tarian, meaning "dance" in Malay. (I can change the name if this is a common name in the pride.)
Personality: Tari is joyful and expressive in every way possible, save for words. She can make plenty of sounds, but she does not use words. Overall she stays positive and sunny, though there are times, when alone or with her closest friend, when she will break down her walls and show her sorrow, worry, and pain. This side of her however is not up for public view at all. She is a hard worker and fond of all the young ones she meets.
Bio: Siesha was on her travels to learn of pain, woe, and heartache, when she met Tarian. Lightning storms had ravaged the area, the clouds overhead sparked and snarled. A brilliant glow of flame highlighted the form of a lioness, and a high wailing keen cut through the howl of the wind. The wild dog, drawn by the sound of wordless anguish, went to investigate. She found the lioness, surrounded by flames, perched upon a rock with the lifeless bodies of four cubs.(Please note, there is another song off the same album that suits this scene, and there is more to the story. Should I win her, I want to write it.)

A bond was formed between the two, as wild dog comforted lioness. Though the feline spoke no words, they soon found they shared self-expression through dance. Thus they became inseperable.

RP sample: Twinkle Toes Meets Night Owl
Song: Dancing With the Lion by Andreas Vollenweider
Why do you want her?: Well, I was first drawn to her because she is purple, and because I have wanted a musically inclined lion in Nchi for some time, but didn't ever quite have the right candidate for such a role. But then, listening to the very familiar album, I was suddenly inspired to weave her a tale of both woe and friendship, entwined with my wild dog girl who I already had considered bringing to Nchi for her habit of constantly dancing.
Rank wanted: Since there is no plain dancer rank (since she could not speak with words to be a Sheha... nor does she have the knowledge of the pride), she would be Umlindi
Any notes?: Firstly, I have been familiar with this album for years and years. It was not randomly picked because of the name. Secondly, Siesha would be joining with Tari, also in the rank of Umlindi. Thirdly, I think it would be MAD fun to plot out (and write) Tari's life by the songs from the album Dancing with the Lion. Each song would represent a part of her life, past or future, though not in the order of the album.

Also, the song I provided as hers, I envision it as her and Siesha appearing one day during the pride's dawn ceremony, frolicking and dancing in the early golden sunshine, moving together to their own beat of joy. It would be then that they learn of the nature of the pride and choose to stay, having found their rightful place in the world.

Finally, it would make things interesting if she could earn the rank of Sheha without use of words, only using dance to communicate the required historic events... or even to pair with Siesha as her voice. If this seems unlikely, that's fine too.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:58 am
heart  

Toy

Chatty Wife

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:22 am
Username: JetAlmeara
Name/Meaning: Nakato - Second born of female twins

Personality: Nakato is kind and empathetic lioness who finds great joy in song, as far as she is concerned there is no problem great or small that can not be fixed should one find and pay attention to the pertinent song. Perhaps due to her own history she is often one to show up and sooth a troubled soul or offer help in time of need.

While some might have turned bitter or angry at life's trouble Nakato has taken the opposite approach..rather then spend her life mourning her loss she spends it being thankful for the time she was given that her sister was not. She takes great pride in dancing not only her own Rhythm perfectly..but her lost sisters as well.

Bio: As her name would Imply Nakato was the second born in a set of twins. Bakko was the elder sister of the pair and the two were nigh inseparable, they grew together, learned together and shared a similar love of song, dance and adventure. When they were adolescents however disaster struck the pair - it was no one's fault really, just bad luck in the grand scheme of things but while off on an adventure one early morning A misstep on Bakko's part caused a tumble down a ravine. While the tumble itself did not kill her outright the wounds were grievous and eventually she succumbed to them leaving Nakato behind. Her sisters last words to Nakato were a wish for her to dance for the both of them and Nakato has taken these words to heart, she is well aware that it could have just as easily have been her who fell that long ago day and so lives her life now to the very fullest she can. After all she has two lives to live for now.

RP sample: Sufferance - its a bit older but its ones of my favorites.
Song: I hope you dance
Why do you want her?: The pride intrigues me, I've always likes musical based pets and her being purple on top of that just completely cinched it for me. I had to give the contest a whirl.
Rank wanted: Umsini  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:02 pm
<3  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

junglerunner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 am
Username: Junglerunner
Name/Meaning: Kupita Mawingu ; Meaning 'Passing Clouds' in Swahili
Personality:
Serene I Subtle I Dreamer I Devoted.
Kupita is rather quiet and observant and much like her name she is simply content to drift though the various stages of life and take everything that is thrown her way however that is not to say she doesn't pounder on life and though she wandered from her life as a rogue it wasn't a harsh nor rash decision, she transgressed from simply drifting to actually searching, though she takes a steady path to her ultimate goal of enlightenment. She is very liberal minded to life and is susceptible to almost everything, she is a dreamer and can often be seen in a daze. In regards to Nch'Mahadhi once within the pride lands she has become very intertwined to it's beliefs and has to begun to develop her own personal rhythm.
Bio: Kupita was born to rogue parents and their relationship was brief and Kupita was left to be raised solely by her mother. Her life is rather uneventful and often perceived by Kupita as meaningless, thus she left her mothers company at a young age and roamed the plains to find her own path in life. This is what brings her to Nchi'Mahadhi's pride lands, she's looking for a meaning, a purpose and a rhythm.
RP sample: [x], [x] (I've linked two as both are still on going, as I mention below I'm new to SoA. If you want to see a finished RP or two I can send you links to RPs in other shops)
Song: Sura Susso, also please have a look at his website, his music is truly stunning.
Why do you want her?: I'm rather new to SoA and I love the RP here in the shop. I personally like a different aspect to RP so fresh ideas always keep me interested and I love this music inspired pride and I'm eager to integrate the music and dance aspects to RP and plots.
Rank wanted: Ultimately I've love for her to become a Sheha; she has come to Nchi'Mahadhi to find meaning to life and would love the idea of learning and knowing her own rhythm so intimately she can then develop her chanting and dancing to such a point she can then relate stories and fables that bind the very fabric of the pride together. The freedom to roam outside of the pride lands would also excite her, being able to gather other tales and to enrich her prides learning in return for the meaning it has given to her own life. However I would like to RP her as Umfundi first, developing her character before moving her to the rank of Sheha.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:26 pm
Username: Azael_Rose
Name/Meaning: Teshi Teshi (Cheerful, full of laughter x2)
Personality: Extremely positive and outgoing. Teshi loves to tell a good story to any who will sit and listen, and she absolutely loves to dance - often doing both at once. Thus her aspiration to become a Sheha.
Bio: Teshi Teshi has had an ideal and happy life within the pride. She grew up there and has never left, but the lure of stories has always had her itching to explore.
RP sample: [x] - Rp Links can be found below each character's post or on the first page you can scroll down and find a slightly not up to date rp tags post it. X3;
Song: Nightwish - Instrumental (I chose this song because it felt uplifting and the message I got from it was 'Never give up'.)
Why do you want her?: I have absolutely no SoA and I really love the pride's concept.
Rank wanted: Sheha (storyteller)
Any notes?: I have plots for her later in her life to make things not so pleasant, but despite those hardships she never gives up. Some of the ideas I have include perhaps; losing a mate or being seduced by a male who ends up leaving her, losing a cub(s) from her first litter, crossing paths with a mean-spirited lion (or other) that ends up with a life-long scar. Ultimately these will become just bumps along her life's path. She will use her experiences as morals in her stories to potentially help young lions starting out in the world.  

Azael_Rose

Festive Hunter

NchiMahadhi Pride

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:55 pm
The contest has been extended a week! :3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 pm
heart  

Toy

Chatty Wife

junglerunner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 am
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:27 am
The contest is closed! : D
I'll poke Vevle to come help me judge the entires and then get ready to announce the winner.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:06 pm
D8 -epic fail- I totally didn't realize that my entry never posted through.

xD; But g'luck to everyone who entered! <3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:39 am
good luck all!  

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:09 pm
AND THE WINNER IS~

Talencia

: D
PM Velveteen Angel for info of where to post her info and feel free to start RPing!

Thank you everyone for entering!  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff