[PRP] You Can't Pay in Charm (Askook+Uzuri) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Askook, or Kook as he was better known, was lazy on land and preferred a good nap to almost anything else...except a good bit of food and drink. His brother, and captain, had mentioned a cove where a female traded fermented drinks for cowries. He didn't exactly have any cowries, but that wasn't about to stop him from trying to charm a drink out of the proprietor.

If not oh well, at least he'd have met a pretty female, and spent some time flirting, his third favorite activity after sleeping and eating. Mmm, today was such a nice day for a nap...the sun slid down over him like a blanket. He was grateful for his pale coloring, if he had dark fur he'd be hiding in the shade right about now. No naps though, not yet anyway, he grinned as he spotted what might be the cove a bit away. His paws churned up the sand as he went, but his pace could hardly be called quick, his large frame seemed to guide his body moving him at a lumbering almost drunken weave over the ground.

He gave a last lazy yawn before shaking off and trying to look a bit more presentable. He puffed out a bit of air sending strays of his errant mane back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm
User Image

Uzuri hadn't long since gotten over her meeting with Pirato, the pirate king when she found her place within the Pride. By the sounds of things this was going to be a very boisterous Pride with the males being, well males and the females either submitting to their every whim or standing up and fighting tooth and claw with them as well for their own rights. Uzuri however had other plans and was going to fit right into place of submitting and standing up straight amongst the males in her own right for besides being female she also knew these males particular weakness, fermented fruits. It had been Pirato who had introduced her to this, delicacy; if one could call it that, she knew she'd never touch them again herself.

Uzuri had a quick, clever and original mind and it wasn't long before she had thought up the idea of creating a meeting place where Pride members could come and knowingly find fruits, which generally was the role of the Corsair to produce. Uzuri didn't know how well the idea was going to be received but if the males of the pride could go out and plunder and pillage for valuables and goods whilst the Corsair simply provided food and fruits for them, well Uzuri had other plans; she'd produce fruits but she wanted a share of their plunder for them, she worked as hard as they did.

She'd not yet officially announced her idea to the Pride, she'd tell Pirato first and he could call them to gather and celebrate the 'opening' one evening but first Uzuri needed to gain a stock of fruits so she'd spent the last few days finding suitable fruits, a good spot to allow them to ferment and a location close to the spot she wished to set up the gathering/bar that she could store the fruits in the shade to stop them fermenting to far and spoiling them. A cave close to a cove at the end of the largest beach within the Prides territory was ideal for this.

After days of work however Uzuri found herself contented with the amount of fruit she'd collected and already set to ferment, some of the smaller ones close to ready, when she called a break. Strolling to the edge of the greenery as it gave way to the sand she sat and looked out to sea, the sun was low now, not the point where it was colouring the sky yet but enough that looking at it was easier on the eyes. The sight was serene and she felt herself instantly relaxing after a days work when out of the corner of her eye she spotted a large male lumbering in her direction. She'd not met many other pride members but she had the feeling she was about to meet another.

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:27 pm
He slowed his pace a bit as he spotted a female in the distance, she looked relaxed. He moved to casually sit down beside her as if already familiar with her. No point in formalities after all, they weren't his thing, leave the formalities to those with an image to maintain.

"Name's Kook" He offered up with a twist of his lips, a carefree grin as his eyes slid in a slow examination over her.

"and you have very pretty eyes." He finished off with the compliment. He could always find something to compliment a female on, sincerely. False flattery was insulting especially with his keen eye, and if there really was no beauty to be found he was smart enough to keep his mouth shut about it. Still beauty was in the eye of the beholder and Kook was all too happy to behold a great many beauties. This one...she had pale almost sandy fur, nothing extraordinary about her coloring or figure. She had a healthy looking nose and tail, no horrid imperfections he could see, she was ordinary enough to him. Still when he looked into her eyes, they were a pale coral, they held some feminine allure like all treasures of the sea. He could tell she was smart, smarter then him, but that wasn't exactly tough to manage he had brawn over brain sadly, there was a reason he was called kook.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:33 am
Uzuri kept her composure as the large male planted himself next to her, she was aware of how close he was to her but personal boundaries didn't seem to bother the males of Maestros Del Mar, they all seemed to think it was a personal freedom to seat themselves almost upon a female pride member. He offered up his name simply, no messing about, something she liked in one paw but on the other she like a little more intelligent banner before getting to the point. She felt his eyes roam over her, not something she was unfamiliar with but she had the growing feeling he was simply looking over her like she would of a gazelle or another creature she was weighing up before she began hunting it. At his second line of speech she laughed, the noise was musical and easy on the ear, there was no malice in it but she turned and stared flatly at the male.

'Tell me Kook, how many times have you told a female that.' The stare she gave him should of warned him of her deeper thoughts, empty classical compliments wouldn't work on her, but there was a light to her eye, a sparkle, like the suns ray glinted off the brow of tiny rippling waves. A smile softened her face and she spoke with a voice similar to the enticing sound of the air swirling around the inside of a Conch shell, 'Name's Uzuri, what can I do you for this evening Kook?'

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 am
Kook felt the corner of his mouth twitch in a half grin before he shrugged a bit.
"I wasn't aware that a phrase once repeated lost it's truthfulness." He tipped his head in consideration then nodded. "About a dozen times though, I have met some very beautiful females who were as worthy as you of the compliment. There is just something very captivating about eyes as deep a blue as the dark ocean, or as green as sea foam, and yours...like the inside of a conch left to polish in the sand and sun."

He paused then, ah yes this one didn't flatter well, so he ought to keep such thoughts to himself. Uzuri, his tongue silently mimicked the name before he answered her.
"Well Uzuri, I've heard rumor from my brother that a female was setting up a spot with fermented fruits for trade. Considering the weather I thought such a treat might be nice to seek out."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:00 am
Uzuri studied him with observant eyes and was taken back slightly at the intelligent remark, he was right in every aspect, true comments never lost there effect and honestly and the manner in which he followed the simple answer up was almost artful, she judged him quickly and harshly. The generalised comment of beautiful eyes, though honest was general but when he allowed himself to expand, to explain the reason for giving the compliment it became more personal and thus Uzuri took it to heart and thanked him for it. She looked down at her paws shyly and smiled softly to herself. The conversation carried forwards and Uzuri brought her eyes back up to focus on his lime green eyes, like the flesh of a horned melon.

'I can't say I've had the pleasure of meeting your brother, though he is well informed and I do indeed have such a spot set up. Do you have cowrie shells to trade for a fruit?'

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:41 am
Ahh so this was the lovely female who intended to open up a trade venue, that explained her being way out here. Then she mentioned the cowrie shells and he pawed a bit at the ground as if considering. Of course there wasn't really anything TO consider, he knew damn well that he didn't have anything to trade, nothing, zip, zero. No shells, no pretty baubles, no feathers, not even any interesting debris rolled in by the sea. Not that Kook didn't admire or want such things, but he had never felt the need to take them away from the ocean and stash them for himself. Perhaps he ought to start, he thought to himself before shaking his head.

"'Fraid not...I'm not in the habit of collecting such things, their very lovely to examine and admire for a while, but I've never found anything so unique that I felt the need to take it from the sea." His view on the oceans treasures seemed to match his view on females, all very lovely to flirt with but none he particularly felt the desire to try and win over as a mate...yet.

"But maybe I could have a sample? I'll trade you my rather discerning opinion?" He smiled at her hopefully, he was after all willing to give her an honest opinion and wouldn't that help her decide what to take in trade for her delicious fruits, which would be more popular and such?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 am
She held is gaze for a moment weighting the matter over. She knew she had fruits in the cooling cave which she's started fermenting days ago and such things as the Amatungulu fermented quickly and she'd not judged it at first when she started experimenting with fermenting the fruits. Soon they would spoil even stored in the cooling cave so she knew she had a least two or three fruits she could give away without little quandary. Still she was not going to give them away freely and Kook had a point, after her first taste and experience with fruits had ended in a manner she didn't wish to repeat she needed someone to try the different fruits she'd gathered recently. She nodded slowly and closed the distance between her and Kook staring straight into his lime eyes.

'Okay, I'll let you try one of each of my fruits I've gathered thus far and in return you'll give your opinion and I'll judge from that the price I give each one for sale. In addition you'll also inform your crew members of my business and you have a deal.'

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 am
He watched her eyes and smiled as he saw again the gleam there, intelligent calculation. No matter how much he charmed, flirted, or complimented this corsair she would still take the time to pause and think about how to ensure things ended in her favor. Luckily she found a rather pleasant middle ground and with a chuckle and nod he agreed to her terms.

"It's a deal then, I'll give you my opinion and tell the crew about your trade venue, have a name for the place?" He asked curiously leaning in a bit enjoying how close she was. He could see faint markings dashed across her fur, what was before simply sandy colored now revealed a bit more. The faint dusty rose colored splash along the bridge of her nose made her eyes stand out a bit more, and beneath paler freckles were only barely visible. His eyes slid down over her again picking up on the marking along her shoulder what appeared at first to be a random splash of creamy white, but to him it looked almost like a flower in bloom. He could see the faintest of markings along her back as well but lifted his gaze instead.

As interesting as this female was, he had after all come for the taste of her delicious fruits. He himself knew little about the fermentation process, but he knew he liked sweet things and salty ones, and with his considerable size he could handle the fermented fruits without making a fool of himself...then again some didn't even need the aid of such treats to make fools of themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:27 pm
'A deal it is then.' She closed the deal with a quick nod of her head. As to the name of the place she smiled up at the male, 'The Drunken Sailor, not terribly original I grant you but it'll stick and be remembered easily.' A sparkle appeared in her eye as the male due in closer and she didn't shy away, she held his gaze and when his own began to wonder she allowed him the pleasure before giving a quick, faint wink of her eye and turning tail on him. She walked two paces before twisted to look back over her shoulder at him, 'Come along then, we'll make ourself comfortable and then it'll fetch a few fruits, I hope you hold them well.' With that she turned once again and began her way gracefully across the sand, there was something about the way she counterbalanced the efforts of sinking slightly with each step that allowed her to move in such a manner.

She never checked to see if the male was following but then again it didn't really matter if he hadn't the spot where she'd laid out the bark husks to serve the fruits and the slight curve of the greenery to offer a little protection from the cooler evening winds was still visible from much of the beach and certainly from where she had bumped into Kook. She turned to see him following behind and then smiled at him, beckoning him over, 'Sit yourself down and it'll go fetch one or two fruits.' With that she turned once again and vanished into the jungle like growth on the edge of the beach in the direction of cave she stored the fruits.

The cave itself wasn't on the beach but it was still in the cliff which divided this beach from the one just up the coast. Protected from a thick undergrowth the cave was relativity hidden to all that passed by unaware and thus made a good place to store and also hide the valued fruits. Forcing her way through the undergrowth she was rewarded by the cool tingling sensation the dark cave provided. She collected an Amatungulu fruit which was practically oozing, a Kei apple and also a Platonia, these were her small fruits and thus she could carry the three of them back at once, others she could only manage one or perhaps two, three would do for now. Turning from her store cave with a mouthful of fruits she travelled back the short distance to the beach.

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:45 pm
He chuckled at the chosen name for her establishment and nodded in agreement, oh yes the name would stick. He quickly moved to his feet when she glanced over her shoulder at him and followed. If she was a picture of grace, he certainly provided the contrast as he lumbered after her. His huge paws seemed to sink into the sand and his movements were abrupt. Kook did much better in the water where his large frame and propelling movement didn't make him seem so clumsy. He may have the mark of a sinewy graceful snake on his forehead and down his spine, but he was nothing like the slender creatures.

When they arrived at the spot he smiled and moved to sprawl out in front of the bark husks. He flashed her a grin and let his tail flick out.
"This is very cozy, and don't worry I can handle the fruit no matter how long it's been fermenting."

His eyes followed her until she was out of sight and then remained fixed on the spot before slowly scanning the area. She had chosen a nice location, he could picture other males sitting, sprawled, enjoying fruit some nipping off chunks and others their fur sticky with the fruit's juices as if they had bathed in it rather then eaten it. He chuckled at the mental image and reminded himself to gather up some cowrie shells so he could treat his brother.

He stood as he saw her coming and moved to try and help her out with the small burden. "Are you going to be serving alone when it gets more crowded as well? Or do you intend to have your nights selection out here already?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:13 pm
She broke the tree line and step out into the sparser area of greenery before it gave way to the beach. She walked to one of the bark husks and empty her mouth of the fruits, carefully rolling them off her tongue as not to pierce them with her teeth. The Amatungulu was soft and some of it's juices oozed into her mouth, she swallowed them down with little pleasure. She looked up at Kook, he had a good point, she couldn't keep running back and forth to the cave to collect fruits, she'd need to keep a few closer to paw. 'That's a good point, I can't host and keep going to fetch fruits. I'd not given it that music thought before now but I guess storing a selection of fruits close by would be a better idea.' The problem being with that until she knew she'd have some regular customers come to the gathering spot fetch fruit daily to keep close by would only mean the extra trip back if no one came.

She pondered, perhaps with time one or two lions who was a little more well off in regards to cowries and had an addiction for fruits would venture here regularly. For now though she would have to go back and forth until more leant of the place and her services. Someone to help would be even better but she had yet to meet any of the other Corsair but someone that could run back and forth or even host whilst she wasn't there and fetching fruits would be advantageous. Lost in thoughts she almost forgot about the fruits she'd brought Kook. 'Sorry, lost in thought but you raised a good point. Anyway, firstly there's the Amatungulu which I can find easily, see what you think of that.' She rolled the small red berry like fruit down the bark husk towards with her nose, it'd be easily consumed from simply lapping it up with the tongue it was that small but she knew them to be sugary, they were highly favoured by insects so she guessed they would ferment well.

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:34 pm
Glad that he had given her something to consider he sat down and watched as she rolled the small red berry towards him. He leaned down gave it a small sniff with his pink nose and savored the sweet scent. Having never tasted a cranberry or a strawberry he could not place the taste but his tongue slid out and he slowly rolled the berry in his mouth.

At first there was nothing, then his fangs grazed the fruit and a pop of juicy flavor spread over his tongue. It was sweet and delicious with a hint of sour taste that made him lick his lips.

He waited a few moments pausing until the flavor had completely subsided and then nodded with a smile. "It's delicious, sweet with a little tang, but by itself even fully fermented it's a small treat, I'd suggest offering them in small bundles of three or five for fairer trades."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:54 pm
She watched closely as Kook lapped up the small berry and then a slightly movement of his jaw suggested he'd popped the berry and was now enjoying it's taste. She smiled at him when he nodded with a small smile of his maw, he approved. Funny really, she enjoyed bringing satisfaction to another so much, it was a simple emotion and one that generally was pretty easy to achieve for her most of the time. At his suggestion of offering them up three or even five at a time it seemed a far deal. The fruit was high in sugar and fermented well but also they were easy for her to produce, the tress they grew upon seemed to tolerate the salty soil well and thus were easy to find. Not only that the tree produced plenty of them and once harvested they were simple to ferment, simply rolling them on a rock with a little pressure from her paw was enough to break their skin and start the fermentation process. She nodded in agreement.

Next was the Kei apple, another fruit that was easy enough for her to find, slightly larger than the Amatungulu but slightly firmer in texture and she guessed contained less sugar, sugary fruits tended to be more pulpy or syrupy once fermented, Kei apples easily still held there shape though a little softer than when originally harvested from it's tree. Again she rolled this down the bark towards Kook.

junglerunner

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 pm
Kook bent again giving a small whiff but this fruit had a thicker hide and wasn't giving off much of a scent. He bit down on half the fruit and instantly his tongue slid out to catch the excess juices. This fruit was delicious, tender, juicy, and very very flavorful. It was a bit acidic but the taste was dampened by the fermentation process and left his tongue tingling.

"Whoo! I can see that packing a punch! Thats good...that's really good." He chomped up the other half of the apple eagerly. He chewed for a bit before finishing it off and nodding. "Maybe three shells?"

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff