Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Midnight Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Has anyone every heard of/done this? Anyone willing to try and report your results?

"“The Midnight Game” is an old pagan ritual used mainly as punishment for those who have broken the laws of pagan religion in question. While it is mainly used as a scare tactic to not disobey the gods, there is still a very existence of death to those who play the Midnight Game and there is even a higher chance of permanent mental scarring. It is highly recommended that you DON’T PLAY THE MIDNIGHT GAME!

But, for those few thrill seekers searching for a rush or for those delving into the obscure occult rituals; these are the simple instructions on how to play. Do so at your own risk…

INSTRUCTIONS:

Prerequisites: It must be exactly 12:00AM when you begin performing the ritual, otherwise it will not work.

Materials required:

Candle
Wooden Door
At least one drop of your blood
Matches or a lighter
Salt

If you are playing with multiple people they will need their own of the aforementioned materials and will have to perform the steps below separately.

Step 1: Write your full name (first, middle, and last) on a piece of paper a put at least one drop of your blood onto the paper. Allow it to soak into the paper.

Step 2: Turn off the lights in the house. Go to your front door, which must be wooden, and place the paper with your name in front of it. Now take the candle and light it. Place the candle on top of the paper with your name.

Step 3: Knock on your door 22 times (the hour MUST be 12:00AM upon the final knock), then open the door, blow out the candle, and close the door. You have just allowed the “Midnight Man” into your house.

Step 4: Immediately relight your candle.

THE GAME:

This is where the game begins. You must now lurk around your now-completely-dark-house with the lit candle in hand. Your goal is to avoid the “Midnight Man” at all costs until exactly 3:33AM. Should your candle ever go out, then that means the Midnight Man is near you. You must relight the candle within the next 10 seconds. If you are unsuccessful in relighting the candle, you must then immediately surround yourself with a circle of salt. If you are unsuccessful in both of these, the Midnight Man will then induce a hallucination of your greatest fear, which will last until 3:33AM. If you are successful in relighting the candle, then you may proceed. If you are creating the circle of salt, you must remain within the circle until 3:33AM. You must continue until 3:33AM without being attacked by the Midnight Man or being trapped within the circle of salt to win the Midnight Game. The Midnight Man will then leave at 3:33AM and you will be safe to proceed with your morning.

Addition: Indications that you are near the Midnight Man includes a sudden drop in temperature, seeing a pure black, humanoid figure through the darkness, and very soft whispering coming from an indiscernible source. If you experience any of these it is advised that you leave the area to avoid the Midnight Man.

Staying on one spot the entire game will only result in the Midnight Man finding you. It is highly advised you continue moving throughout the game.

DO NOT turn on any lights during the Midnight Game.

DO NOT use a flashlight during the Midnight Game.

DO NOT go to sleep during the Midnight Game.

DO NOT use another person’s blood on your name.

DO NOT use a lighter to substitute for a candle. It will not work.

AND DEFINITELY DO NOT attempt to provoke the Midnight Man in ANY WAY.

That is all. Have fun."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:53 pm
Where did this come from?

It seems to me like it's just another spook-yourself-in-the-dark kind of rituals. Which is fine if that's all you want to do. I don't really have any desire to try it.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:50 am
parents seal up the house at 11pm so i couldnt try it even if i liked trying that stuff........  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:08 am
*sigh*
yeah i dont really feel any need to do this either...
what would i get out of this btw? just some entity to chase me around for 3 hours?
i mean if i wanted to do that it seems like i could be done much easier...

why does the door have to be wood?
in addition you said this was a punishment right?
assuming this is done by a single person why would they ever want to actually do it...
also what happens if you just surround yourself with salt first,a candle that cant be blown out easily, or just multiple candles?  

neko-mata-01

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 am
Obscurus

It seems to me like it's just another spook-yourself-in-the-dark kind of rituals. Which is fine if that's all you want to do. I don't really have any desire to try it.

I think the website was something like paranormalx? I set my stumbler to paranormal and this came up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:49 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus

I think the website was something like paranormalx? I set my stumbler to paranormal and this came up.

I was just wondering because it seems kind of like one of those Bloody Mary things that someone just made up and then tacked on "Pagan punishment ritual" or whatever to add to the creep factor.

I saw one a few months ago that involved making a doll and something about a bathtub I think, but it was essentially the same sort of "run around and scare yourself in the dark" game as this.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 pm
neko-mata-01
*sigh*
yeah i dont really feel any need to do this either...
what would i get out of this btw? just some entity to chase me around for 3 hours?
i mean if i wanted to do that it seems like i could be done much easier...

why does the door have to be wood?
in addition you said this was a punishment right?
assuming this is done by a single person why would they ever want to actually do it...
also what happens if you just surround yourself with salt first,a candle that cant be blown out easily, or just multiple candles?

I really don't know about the door. I'm assuming that since it's a punishment, it's not something that you would do on purpose, more like someone is making you do it because you've done wrong. Something this simple would be interesting to try though to see if there's any truth to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:44 pm
this sound very fun.. run from the midnight man or face your greatest fears.. so fking awesome  

iCrusifix

Xane_Shadowheart

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm
Seems like an interesting way to find out a bit about yourself, if the midnight man catches you that is. Don't think ill be trying this though even if it is fake; I'm afraid of my greatest fears. Although it does seem.like another bloody Mary type thing the difference is that instead of killing you outright you're tortured with hallucenations. Also I have a question, if there are people in the house who are not playing will they be affected by the midnight man's prescience? And what happens if you do any of the big no-no things?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:04 pm
This wouldn't work in my house. I have many borders and and walls set up.  

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:43 pm
Valdune
This wouldn't work in my house. I have many borders and and walls set up.
Save it for a sleepover.  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff