Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
Using Cards in RP (DigiModify) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the system?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:07 pm
Note: If it's just you versus NPCs that you control, then you don't have to worry about this system. This is just to be fair when going against or with other members.

Just as done in the television series Digimon Tamers, DTI always tamers to modify their digimon through use of Cards.
User Image

Rules of Digimodification for RPs
1. Cards cannot kill your opponent for you, they can only aid you with slight power boosts
2. Cards can only be used once per fight
3. This system is still in the works, if abused... this power will be banned.
4. D-Arcs and D-powers are the only digivices that can use this ability. For custom digivices, you must get special permission

What you need to do so:
1)RPC must have a D-power or D-arc digivice, no other digivice (real or custom made) has this power:
looks like this --> User Image (can be any color)
2) A deck made in the guild's Card Shop thread (max of twenty cards in it... side deck is not used in this)

Once you have the prerequisites, you're set to DIGIMODIFY
User Image

Whenever you get ready to use cards in a battle against another tamer or against wild digimon, Follow these steps:

Step 1: Roll 5 20-sided to set your "starting hand"
-the numbers you get will correspond with the place of cards in your deck, going from left to right
Step 2: Just like OOC, Post what cards are in your hand in "[[ ]]"
Step 3: To put a limit on cards, a tamer has CP (card points) that are very similar to PP from pokemon or MP from any other RPG. A tamer has a max of 10CP so post that as well like this : 10/10
-each card used costs 1cp, so you can use up to ten cards in a setting.
Step 4: On each turn that occurs during the battle, when you post, roll a single 20sided dice for the "Draw".
-the numbers goes the same as when you're doing your opening hand.
Step 5: When you use a card, simply Strike through the card in your "Hand section"

Note:It takes a full day to regain your all of CP back, so be cautious with how much you use.

Time for a demonstration:  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:16 pm
I like this idea but I don't like the idea of using guild cards.
A most if not all involve HP/MP effects, and that could make RPing really confusing @ 3@"

Dexterity Bonus

Timid Explorer

9,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
-InsertEgoHere- Liger rolled 5 20-sided dice: 4, 7, 17, 18, 19 Total: 65 (5-100)

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 pm
((Now Now poca... wait till I'm finished. You'll see that I actually have put a lot of thought in to this. 3nodding ))

So now for the explanation through example... So we have a post where a battle is about to begin, here is how it goes....

Quote:
Gary Sue

User ImageUser Image Gary and his digimon partner, Weregarurumon, entered into the field and came face to face with a group of hideous Ogremon. The tamer knew that they would be in for a long fight as one hand went for his digivice and the other went for card pouch around his belt. He quickly pulled out five cards, unknown as to whether the cards would help him or hinder him. "Get ready buddy, it's time to kick some digi butt!!" He called out as he examined the cards he drew with a smile.

User Image CP-10/10: Antylamon, Apocalypse, Goburimon, Summertime, Miracle Water)

So... I've done my draw (roll) and now I have my opening hand (by going back to my deck) for this battle. If I'm with someone and we're taking turns, then I would roll every turn to decide what cards I randomly pull from my deck to use. Otherwise (if you're by yourself) this system is near useless. But give it a try, it's the only way you'll get to use Digimodification in an rp without making the RP-Goddess upset ((tamer abilities like this were originally banned to begin with sweatdrop ))

Another limitation... you can only use cards that fit into the mp range of that digimon from the actual card system that we have:

Fresh & In-training: Can't use cards that cost over 20 MP
Rookies: Can't use cards that cost over 30 MP
Champions: can't use over 40 MP
Ultimate: Can't use over 60 MP
Mega & SuperUltimate: Can use all cards

Here is an example post for after that, in case you're wondering how the cards would work outside of the actual battle system... from sometime later in the battle.

Quote:
Gary Sue

User ImageUser Image
The battle went on for what seemed like hours. Many ogremon had fallen from the battle with this near invincible digimon being supported by a just as awesome tamer.

As the weregarurumon began to attack again, a bluish aura took over his body, healing his sustained injuries (miracle water) as well as depleting the fatigue of the fight (summertime). "Take this!!!" The beast cried as he delivered a swift kick to one of the opposing digimon's gut.

It was getting time for this fight to end as the numbers were starting to dwindle. "Weregarurumon... let's give them the final blow!" The tamer, Gary, went back to his pocket and pulled out another card. This one was green and read "Tamer's Strength. With a victorious smile, the tamer brought the card up to his d-arc digivice and slide it across the reader. "DIGIMODIFY!!! TAMER STRENGTH ACTIVATE!!!!" Gary began to glow as the card took effect. That aura then shot from the tamer to his digimon, giving him more attack power to finish the last of their foes with style. "DOOOO EEEETTTTT!!!"

"KAISER NAIL!!!" In a streak of blue light from all the cards affecting him, the weregarurumon charged the last ogremon and tore through him with child-like ease. The opposing digimon was no match as it was quickly reduced to data.

User Image CP-7/10: Antylamon, Apocalypse, Goburimon, Summertime, Miracle Water, shocking, tamer strength)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:27 pm
And there you have it folks, Digimodification DTI-style. Not only do you have a structured way of assisting your digital partner, but also through describing cards and how they affect you and your digimon will add some girth to your posts, if you were having a hard time making things longer.

Questions?

Wind-Up Pickpocket
I like this idea but I don't like the idea of using guild cards.
A most if not all involve HP/MP effects, and that could make RPing really confusing @ 3@"

Well for one, there are lots of cards in the guild besides those and for two... I could imagine how you might use those "technical effects" to your advantage:
HP= Health
MP= level of fatigue/ attack recoil

Surely you're not one to ignore the fact that digimon can get hurt or suffer fatigue from working to please you in work or in combat. Neither is anyone else because otherwise that would be very close to god-modding, which is a nono. Not to mention, I don't know of too many digimon that have natural hp-restoring abilities... sweatdrop

Nonetheless, you make a good point, some cards can be even more technical than that. For cards like that, I say that you can stretch their effects a bit...

For example:
User Image: Rather than saying that it instantly fatigued (using MP reference) all digimon, be funny and say that it made a mighty gust a of wind that created some distance between you and your enemy.

I created this system as a way to make digimodification fun, kept within the guild so you don't have to look for cards aside from digimon, as well as a way advertise the card thread outside of its actual purpose. Some have shown that they don't like the card battling, therefore causing an awesome thread (that has had a lot of work put into it) to become near pointless. You call it difficult, I call it advertising wink

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:30 pm
Anymore questions or suggestions? Simply ask here or in a pm and I'll quote you here in this post with an answer. Call it, me developing a FAQ through your questions.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
What happens if you use all of your CP, can you use cards still?

Answer: Yes, but at a cost. Ten cards + actual RP skill should be more than enough to win fights, but if needs be you can still use cards. If you go past that, the power to activate them comes out of the tamer's life force and too much can leave you in a coma.

GuitarGoober101
What about instakill cards that instantly K.O your opponent or you after you do something? And what about "Killer" Cards that reduce to 1 HP?

Answer: Firstly, let's post the culprits:
Instakills--> User Image or (even worse) User Image

Like I said, cards can't kill your opponent, they only boost. In this case, Detonate would turn your digimon into a bomb that could potentially K.O your opponent, but also your self. Positron Laser, on the other hand, would give your digimon the power of a single instakill attack, but... one that could be avoided or dodged (beams go straight, remember?). To make this card work, you'd have to rely on your actual RP skills to make it work out, otherwise they'll fly around it, like a smart person.

Killer Cards--> User Image
-Just like with the killer cards, it would give your digimon a super charged attack that could (if rped correctly) severely cripple your opponent, assuming that the typing is correct. This means that in a group, this card will only hit one opponent.

Unitas Persona
Liger how would a catd like poison gas work since it cuts the digimons health in half etc..

Answer:Basically your digimon gets really bad breath that if not hindered via some form of countering (usually wind based) and inhaled, it poisons the target. Basically putting them at half strength and making it, hopefully, easier to take them out. If the digimon had natural abilities to heal then it wouldn't be able to.

SU Blue
I went ahead to draw a card, and it ended up being a card I drew already. I really don't see how to get around this.

Answer: Since the card is not there you draw, you would draw the one behind it, no? Basically, if you go to draw a card and its already been drawn, take the one to the right. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:08 pm
TO be honest I think the cards should stay in the card forum, and the none roleplaying battles. The digimon already have their own special attacks, like pepper breath for an Agumon, and those have their own power. Cards muddy the system.

First off Positron Laser can't be played, as no one is rolling dice during the RPs.
And I don't know where you got your card, but Positron Laser is a green card, not gold. (Unless you made it for the sake of this system, but that is just confusing)

Lets look at Vaccine Killer for example. If I have a Black Metal Garurumon it has an attack called Freeze Bomber: Sends out missiles from all the ports on its body which freeze the opponent. And combined with Vaccine Killer means that I just sent out a wave of deadly missiles, that even a slight hit should by the effect of the card nearly kill any vaccine digimon.

Another card is Miracle Water/Poison. How can we probably judge the effects of them? Without quantifying them the effects can last forever, and the poison never takes effect enough to kill your opponent, and the water always keeps you healed.

Fly Away.This card doesn't help most megas in any way. As a lot of them can already fly, and thus having wings doesn't do much for anyone.

Armageddon this kills both digimon, all you would need to do is grapple with your opponent and you can win. If you have Gallantmon on you at least.

Gust should by the effect listed end a battle, knocking someone out. Even with your fun effect, I don't see why anyone would use it, as cutting out your opponents MP seems way for effective to winning a battle. If my opponent is too tired to continue then I have no problem in killing them.

Special Attacks. Quite a few cards have an effects on your opponents Special Attacks, Aegis, D-1 Ticket, Cursed Ring, how does this filter into RPs? Does that mean that my opponent can't use such attacks as BlackMetalGarurumon's Freeze Bomber? If so then it just ruined the RP battle for that side.

And on the subject of Cursed Ring, that should by effect put the opponent into a berserker fury, none stop attacks by them. This seems far to powerful for a roleplay.

As you can see finding all sorts of things that need to be defined, worked out, changed, and generally will create future problems is not a hard job. As long as these stand using cards in the RP seems foolish. Not everyone uses them, or even likes them. I for one will never use cards, finding them to ruin my enjoyment of a battle, which now creates a rift in what people can do.  

GrandMaster Draco_Lord

Interesting Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:32 pm
@Draco's post

Tipped! I second it  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Liger how would a catd like poison gas work since it cuts the digimons health in half etc..  

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm
Also I have battle end.

So thats mean I automatically win in five posts? O_O

Also how would epic fail? O_o

Here is some more

Penguinmon, Armageddon, Envy, Cursed Ring, Water Leak, Digitama  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm
Darkfire Karan
Also I have battle end.

Here is some more

Epic Fail: This is just my interpretation, but it could possibly negate an opponent's attack/action.

Penguinmon: Eh, you got me on that one... maybe a Penguinmon appears and steals some of the opponent's cards?

Armageddon:The area becomes darker, more sinister, and both Digimon have their health sapped until one is knocked out?

Envy: Uhm... hmm... magically switch cards with your opponent?

Cursed Ring: A ring forms around the opponent, latching itself on and becomes difficult to remove. The ring then "injects" a virus into the Digimon, causing them to malfunction against their Tamer's (if any) will.

Water leak: A water like substance shoots out at the opponent and if making contact will continually sap away at their energy slowly (or quickly if they're lower leveled) until the eventually pass out

Digitama: Just think of Digitamamon and how the hard shell protects it from nearly all damage.  

wild wulfie of the forest

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 am
Oh Goodie, another challenging voice. Rather than make a long collected post, I'll comment paragraph by paragraph in Red ink.
Now to tackle this horrible beastie mrgreen

GrandMaster Draco_Lord
TO be honest I think the cards should stay in the card forum, and the none roleplaying battles. The digimon already have their own special attacks, like pepper breath for an Agumon, and those have their own power. Cards muddy the system.
Cards simply allow the tamer to join in on the fight and help their digimon through messing with the digimon's code and allowing it to do something that it normally wouldn't... Can't fly then... wait, you made that point somewhere in this, I'll tackle that later. Simply put, Digimodifying is as the name says, modifying a digimon to help it better perform in battle.

First off Positron Laser can't be played, as no one is rolling dice during the RPs.
And I don't know where you got your card, but Positron Laser is a green card, not gold. (Unless you made it for the sake of this system, but that is just confusing)
As I recall, for battle purposes, you still have to show the card on the turn that the effect is achieved, right... consider that the playing. Roleplaying wise, as I said, you'd play the card and just like the Pepper Breath card, your digimon would be able to produce an attack similar to Imperialdramon's Positron Laser. And on the side note... this card is old, link given to someone that was helping me. Apparently, they missed the whole not saving cards to your own photobucket account. sweatdrop

Lets look at Vaccine Killer for example. If I have a Black Metal Garurumon it has an attack called Freeze Bomber: Sends out missiles from all the ports on its body which freeze the opponent. And combined with Vaccine Killer means that I just sent out a wave of deadly missiles, that even a slight hit should by the effect of the card nearly kill any vaccine digimon.
Rule #1, Cards cannot kill your opponent, they only aid with slight power boosts. Yes, if you did that combination, your attack would be covered in a rather vaccine-deadly coding, that if it hit would be detrimental to its target. Notice I said if it hit. Any good RPer knows that for every form of offense there is an equal defense or evasion.

Another card is Miracle Water/Poison. How can we probably judge the effects of them? Without quantifying them the effects can last forever, and the poison never takes effect enough to kill your opponent, and the water always keeps you healed.
Just as in a battle, the cards would cancel out. And I also mentioned that cards only work once per fight meaning that as soon as the battle is over, the effects leave. Unlike the rules and stuff, effects determination would be left to the trust system. Just as digivolving goes in the roleplaying, so does digimodifying.

Fly Away. This card doesn't help most megas in any way. As a lot of them can already fly, and thus having wings doesn't do much for anyone.
If you can fly, don't use this card. If you can't, by all means give that [insert non-flying digimon] a nice, shiny pair of angelic wings.

Armageddon this kills both digimon, all you would need to do is grapple with your opponent and you can win. If you have Gallantmon on you at least.
Good luck getting your opponent into a grapple. Do it to me and I assure you that you'll have a hard time. If you're able to do it successfully then congratulations, your digimon just became a sacrifice for the greater good. I do believe that is a rather repetitive theme when good guys are fighting a rather unbeatable force.

Gust should by the effect listed end a battle, knocking someone out. Even with your fun effect, I don't see why anyone would use it, as cutting out your opponents MP seems way for effective to winning a battle. If my opponent is too tired to continue then I have no problem in killing them.
This particular card I gave example to and thought it was quite clever. Your digimon creates a gust that can either a)create distance between you and your opponent so you can run or b) create distance for which you would have to work harder to recover... takes time and energy on both ends to get back to one another.

Special Attacks. Quite a few cards have an effects on your opponents Special Attacks, Aegis, D-1 Ticket, Cursed Ring, how does this filter into RPs? Does that mean that my opponent can't use such attacks as BlackMetalGarurumon's Freeze Bomber? If so then it just ruined the RP battle for that side.
Aegis shield, gives you a gigantic shield from which you could use to block that Freeze Bomber attack. It's a single use, so use it wisely. D-1 Ticket, hurts both of you so why use it? Curse Ring would, if successful, would turn your opponent into a relentless machine hellbent on killing you so I'd watch using that card. Besides the first, those would be cards that I don't see why you would use unless that noggin of yours had a way of describing it to where it works in your favor.

And on the subject of Cursed Ring, that should by effect put the opponent into a berserker fury, none stop attacks by them. This seems far to powerful for a roleplay.
See explanation above. I'm thinking we play a game of good idea, bad idea... BAD idea.

As you can see finding all sorts of things that need to be defined, worked out, changed, and generally will create future problems is not a hard job. As long as these stand using cards in the RP seems foolish. Not everyone uses them, or even likes them. I for one will never use cards, finding them to ruin my enjoyment of a battle, which now creates a rift in what people can do.

Lastly, this is not meant to force digimodifying on Anyone. This is just an orderly fashion of allowing those that have a desire to do so to do so without having to expand too much on external knowledge such as looking up cards and then having to go out of their way to explain what it does. Don't like it, then don't use it, kthxbye. wink

All I ask is that if you're going to use this system... don't abuse it... please? Lets all be big boys and girls and not ruin the fun for those that have wanted to do this and didn't know how.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38 am
Unitas Persona
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Answer:Basically your digimon gets really bad breath that if not hindered via some form of countering (usually wind based) and inhaled, it poisons the target. Basically putting them at half strength and making it, hopefully, easier to take them out. If the digimon had natural abilities to heal then it wouldn't be able to.

Simply put, a great card to use on plants and angelic type digimon... wait, maybe not angels since wings usually lead to some sort of wind-based attack.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Kazu Matsumoto

Fashionable Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 am
I or one love the system. It still gives us creative freedom about exactly we can do with a card but it gives us parameters so that we don't just go:
"Digi-Modify! Digi-Modify! Digi-Modify! Now my Digimon has ALL the powerzzoorr!"
I'm definatly going to start using this system, not all the time, as we see in the Tamers anime, Digi-Modification does not always need to be used, especially in large scale battles.
Thanks for propping up this system Liger 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:33 am
Darkfire Karan
Also I have battle end.

Here is some more

Ooh... more attempts, coming right up wink

Battle End: Rule #1, Read it. Battle End, says you win in five turns, right. Basically (in terms that you may understand... forgive me GW). Think of Battle end like Regigigas's Slow Start ability minus the debuffing at the start. Basically, your opponent has a short amount of time until you (through use of your awesome rping skills) become extremely awesome... keeping in line with the rules of the RP thread. No god-modding.

Epic Fail: Ever seen Piedmon's Toy Wondness in effect? If not, it negates a single attack coming your way. Might be a little over powered, but it's a one time use.

Penguinmon: Side comment: you'd use this why?
Explanation: Your digimon gets the agility of a penguinmon allowing it to lock up abilities. Careful because it'll effect you as well, kay?

Armageddon: Your digimon is a hazard to everything around you. Simply put, you're an evil person that wishes to destroy your digimon as well as your opponent. Think of the anime and the rumors about guilmon being a hazard, yep... that's your digimon now, but on the bright side, it'll have a change at killling your opponent as well.

Curse Ring: Since it you can't modify your opponent (that would be puppeting), your digimon gets and item that they can attempt to sling on your opponent so that they behave barbaricly and attack relentlessly. Might not be good unless you can take on the uncontrollable beast your just created.

Water Leak: Poison Gas in liquid form. Your digimon sprays a corrosive water gun that has poisoning effects on the target.

Digitama: Locks your digimon up in a near indestructible egg-shaped barrier. Locked meaning they can't do anything except be protected in a never-ending battle of defense. Lasts till the end of the fight or goes poof when you [the tamer] deactivates it before the fight ends.

Got some more cards?

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 am
Hurry someone throw a curse ring on my belphemon Rage mode.... I dare you!  
Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff