Submit

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 pm
With only minutes before my final, ********* was out on a perch, looking... off. I offered him a treat, he didn't take it. I immediately grabbed him off the perch to check him over. There was diarrhea on the perch. I pinched his skin and it tented: Dehydration. I tried to make him drink from his bottle, he wouldn't. He started sliding down the bars of his cage, too weak to climb. I held him and gave him Pedialyte from my glider 1st aid kit drip by drip in a syringe. He was doing a little, but not much, better. I had to go to the test, but I felt sick about it. I made my mom promise she would make him drink every few minutes and after I got out I wanted to take him to the emergency vet if he wasn't looking much better.

I took my test, doing horrible, by the way, thinking about ********* the whole time. My brother texted me saying they had decided to take him in before I got home because they said they could give him subcutaneous fluids. I said, YES, thank you. I felt a little, but not much, better. As soon as I was done I told HerMajesty I was sorry but I had to go and raced out of the room. It was probably an hour since I had left *********. Rinny and Mom picked me up and just walking to the car I knew. They had been crying. I started to cry. They said ********* had died just a little after being seen by the Vet. He discovered a tumor on his stomach, a large one. After getting him back, I felt it, it was like a marble. He said that it was that tumor that killed him. He said I did the right thing with the fluids, but that he was just sicker than that. I just... I didn't know. How long has he had it? Dr. Dobson didn't catch it during his check up last month. How fast did it grow? What could I have done?

I try not to play favorites with my suggies, but I will be honest. ********* was it. I loved that little boy so much! Maybe part of it was how much he had to over come, how sickly he started out, but he was my bravest, my sweetest, my funniest, my smartest... he was my everything. ********* was my baby and now he is buried in the roses in the front yard. Dad built him a wooden casket. We buried him in the garden and then put a stepping stone that I made at Leadermete last year on top. It looks nice. I said a prayer, and put some rose petals in the hole. I also put ********* in their Lilo and Stitch pouch before putting him into the box. I just... wanted him to be comfortable in there, you know?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:53 pm
awwe sad *biiiig hugs* Im so sorry Kip,thats rough,at least he lived a much longer life than he would have if you hadnt gotten him,you spoil your babies,and there is nothing you could have done (not without knowing it was there) but he went quickly,thats a blessing,at least its nothing contagious as well,*hug* heart heart  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 pm
Oh hun, *Hugs you through the computer* I am so sorry. It is always especially hard when it feels like they go before their time. We all know what sort of care you give your babies. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do. *Hugs* If you need someone to unload on you can always ping me on Gaia or I can hop on AIM. I wish I could be there to offer real hugs.

Glide free ********* over the rainbow bridge.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:36 am
*hug* im sorry, i know when talking about your gliders he wsa the one you talked about the most. you gave him a great life.  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:14 am
*big, big hugs* I am so sorry. sad IMO few things hurt worse than losing a pet, especially one you've raised, it feels like being a parent and losing a child. You did your best and at least you can know he's resting now. sad <333  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 am
*wiping tears from my eyes* That is very scary. But based on how fast it grew, I doubt there was really anything you could have done even if you'd caught it sooner. He had a wonderful life with you and without you may not have survived his early sickness. R.I.P hugs  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 am

-hugs- Aww Kip! ********* lived a life that was much better than most Sugar Gliders. Plus he got to have two girlfriends in addition to that. Tumors are just evil like that, they sneak up on you when you least expect it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:40 am
Awww Im so sorry! sad Losing a pet is always really hard. R.I.P <3  

Jarsha

Golden Gekko

Soalless Angel

Enduring Entrepreneur

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 pm
Awww Kip, I'm so so so sorry about Herber. I know he meant a lot to you and at least you did all you could for him in the end. R.I.P Herber, be at peace little one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm
Thank you, everyone. I know it will get better, but right now, it just hurts so much. ********* was such a huge part of my life. Saturday I am manning a booth about sugar gliders at the All Things Animal Fair and I can hardly do it. I would almost not do it, but just the chance someone will be there, planning to get a glider and might NEED that information... I feel I owe it to them.(them being GLIDERS... not people. I owe people nothing. I owe sugar gliders my life.)  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

LuvByrd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 pm
I am sorry for your loss. I could imagine the heartbreak. Give your other babies some extra love
Xoxo  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 pm
I'll move this into Rainbow Bridge now, I just thought everyone should know why I am a little distant for a awhile because I didn't think I'd even feel like posting. But I guess I did. Because you guys are my friends, and you are people who GET me, and understand kind of how I feel.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm
Having a hard day today missing my Heebster. I talked to my therapist about it (yes, I have one). Cried a lot. This is just... hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 pm
Kipluck
Having a hard day today missing my Heebster. I talked to my therapist about it (yes, I have one). Cried a lot. This is just... hard.
awe Im sorry Kip *hug* it will get easier,and its not a forever goodbye,you will see him again.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:26 pm
Loosing favorites is so hard. I recently lost my guinea pig, that had also battled a tumor for about 4 years of her life. You did your best, and that's all that matters okay? Be glad your dad isn't like mine when it comes to burying them, he wanted to pack the dirt down so he waited till I left then went back by the tree and started jumping on it ._.

Just remember that he lived great in your care. If suggies are like piggies, by the time you'd of noticed the tumor it probably would have been too late. We all love you and we're here for you okay? <3  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff