Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Necromancy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:57 pm
So post what you know about necromancy here
i know a few things about it : D  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:56 pm
Are you talking about necromancy as communication/divination with the dead?  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 am
Nothing, other than what pop culture tells me. Which is highly fictitious. So... nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 am
their just lifeless bodies, the soul is what counts...
although funny story I read the thread thinking you were referring to necrophilia. XD

The soul and spirits is where the "magic" happens, the body is simply a host.  

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm
Obscurus

yep

;D post all you no about it  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:40 pm
13east 666
Obscurus

yep

;D post all you no about it

I'm currently researching the subject in my free time. I've read about using scrying to communicate with the dead. You of course need skill at scrying but you also need links to the deceased in order to get in touch with them. A link would be something like a piece of jewelry or clothing that belonged to them. My opinion is that those are the two main ingredients but you can ritualize it to your liking. The setup I've read about uses rituals that focus a lot on Hades.

Keep in mind that all of this is armchair occultism at this point. I have scryed and I have contacted a spirit through scrying, but I have not used it to communicate with the deceased. I imagine it can't be that different in principle, just that there may be more factors keeping your "call" from going through.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 am
Thnks that helped alot !!! Plz send me a link  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 pm
13east 666
Thnks that helped alot !!! Plz send me a link

My sources are hard copies of books so I couldn't really give you anything but a Google Books preview I don't think. The books I'd suggest looking for are Nocturnicon and Speak With The Dead, both by Konstantinos.

I'm only a little ways into Speak With The Dead but it has a section on scrying.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 am
Ahh i see i can just make my own spells and become a own writter i already have a utube with a lot of videos. I use the necronomicons power but yeah thanks it helped he has a lot of books and i heard and read one book of his.Nouturnal Witchcraft  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 pm
If someone were to raise the dead it would require a transfer of life, but I doubt if even possible it would be an form of permanent. I think it is possible to force souls into the practitioner’s work, even imprisoning them in something, but that sort of music you find being sold in bookstores. And I've never seen it myself to know it's validity but I don't jump to conclusions. Those who are not cautious with dangerous games often lose first.

(I'm not calling magick a Game, I mean metaphorically)  

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm
Yeah but then again you dont trap them. You can get them out of the house indeed?! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:02 pm
13east 666
Yeah but then again you dont trap them. You can get them out of the house indeed?! 3nodding

Necromancy in and of itself a dark art (note I didn't say evil), I think we're talking about two diffrent necromancies. I'm refering to where it started in the Necromonicon (I don't mean the ones from the movies either) and the Key of Solomon its not evil but its not something I would openly admit practicing either. Which I don't, but in either case I've never heard of souls working with a living being willingly. Ever, and I mean human not a totem, spirit guide, gaurdian, etc etc. spirits.  

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:38 am
addicted to sin
13east 666

Necromancy in and of itself a dark art (note I didn't say evil), I think we're talking about two diffrent necromancies. I'm refering to where it started in the Necromonicon (I don't mean the ones from the movies either) and the Key of Solomon its not evil but its not something I would openly admit practicing either. Which I don't, but in either case I've never heard of souls working with a living being willingly. Ever, and I mean human not a totem, spirit guide, gaurdian, etc etc. spirits.

The Necronomicon details Lovecraftian/Sumerian entities, not the spirits of the dead; necromancy isn't really an appropriate term for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 am
Mitsh
addicted to sin
13east 666

The Necronomicon details Lovecraftian/Sumerian entities, not the spirits of the dead; necromancy isn't really an appropriate term for it.
Point taken, but I was just throwing out names, I still stand by my original stance.  

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100

iCrusifix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm
i have a necromancy book which has the names of idk maybe spirits and there symbol what they will do for you and how to summon them. In total there are 50 names, its pretty cool stuff.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff