Skin Problems DX

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

weecest

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:53 pm
Okay, So My Three Dogs (Princess, Pepper And Spike) Have All Developed This Fur Loss....Or Skin Condition.
The Differences:
Princess- Her Skin Has Become A Dark Color, Almost Gray. This Has Happened All Over Her Face And Most Of Her Body.

Pepper- Spots Here And There On Her Body, Her Skin Is Pink, Like A Rash.

Spike- Most Of His Is On His Back Side And His Legs, His Skin Looks Between Pink And Gray. So, Like A Mixture Of What Princess And Pepper Have.

I Hadnt Showered Them, Because Of The Weather We Had, But The Other Day It Was Perfect And Decided To Shower Them. I Put Some Medicine That Had Worked For Princess A While Back For The Same Thing, But It Was Nothing Compared To What She Has Now.

I Wish I Could Take Them To The Vet But I just Dont Have The Money To Take Them.
Any Suggestions On What I Can Do?
Some Home Remedies For Them.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:16 pm
Do you know what is causing the skin problems? Is it allergies or something else?

Sometimes skin problems are caused, or at the very least exacerbated, by a poor diet. It can also be caused by ectoparasites or stress.

It's really important to know the actual cause of the skin problems, because if you don't know the cause it's impossible to treat (such as, for example, if it was caused by a poor diet, it probably would not be alleviated via over the counter medication).  

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

weecest

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:53 pm
Moth Feathers
Do you know what is causing the skin problems? Is it allergies or something else?

Sometimes skin problems are caused, or at the very least exacerbated, by a poor diet. It can also be caused by ectoparasites or stress.

It's really important to know the actual cause of the skin problems, because if you don't know the cause it's impossible to treat (such as, for example, if it was caused by a poor diet, it probably would not be alleviated via over the counter medication).

The Only Thing That Comes To Mind, Is The Parasites. Theyve A Good Diet And Everything. I Dont Think It Could Be The Stress.
Could Another Factor Be Age?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:58 pm
What are they on for food?  

Azusanga

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:59 pm
Lunchbox Material
Moth Feathers

The Only Thing That Comes To Mind, Is The Parasites. Theyve A Good Diet And Everything. I Dont Think It Could Be The Stress.
Could Another Factor Be Age?

It's unlikely- while age can have some effect on the skin, it wouldn't be happening to all your animals at once like that, nor would it have been cleared up in the past by any sort of over the counter medicine.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:05 pm
I doubt they all suddenly came down with allergies at the same time. Most likely it is something contagious like ringworm or mange.

The only thing you can really do is take them to the vet. There's always money to be had- pawn the TV, cancel internet service, stop getting lattes. You do what you have to do to care for the lives you've taken responsibility for.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:14 am
Lunchbox Material
Okay, So My Three Dogs (Princess, Pepper And Spike) Have All Developed This Fur Loss....Or Skin Condition.
The Differences:
Princess- Her Skin Has Become A Dark Color, Almost Gray. This Has Happened All Over Her Face And Most Of Her Body.

Pepper- Spots Here And There On Her Body, Her Skin Is Pink, Like A Rash.

Spike- Most Of His Is On His Back Side And His Legs, His Skin Looks Between Pink And Gray. So, Like A Mixture Of What Princess And Pepper Have.

I Hadnt Showered Them, Because Of The Weather We Had, But The Other Day It Was Perfect And Decided To Shower Them. I Put Some Medicine That Had Worked For Princess A While Back For The Same Thing, But It Was Nothing Compared To What She Has Now.

I Wish I Could Take Them To The Vet But I just Dont Have The Money To Take Them.
Any Suggestions On What I Can Do?
Some Home Remedies For Them.

Roxie had red spots on her body which I didn't know until her leg was shaved in prep for surgery. The doctors said it was a skin infection and it had to be cleared up before they could operate. The medication was an antibiotic (used by humans and animals) which was free at our local grocery store who offers antibiotics for free.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games