Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Do you think....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:45 pm
Don's judge me
Just love me.
I'm not a criminal, I'm innocent
So come and set me free!

Having homosexual parents can trigger their kids to become that themselves?
I'm just wondering, cause I've been raised by two dads for almost 13 years, and ever since I started dating I've had curiosities. (I'm not 12 or 13, I went to them when I was 4... x3)

Just lemme know what you think, and don't start a huge argument over it please? sweatdrop

I choose ecstasy.
And music's my religion.
Magic is my kingdom
And the dance floor is my heaven.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:55 pm
It may make the kids more open to other ideas, but Idealistically, it wouldn't

There may be the couple who don't tell them that its not expected for them to be "Different"  

Saturdays Tierce

Witty Informer

7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Xolramuh

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:41 pm
I don't believe that it's true. I have.. er well I had a friend that has two female parents and for a while she identified as being a lesbian. However, she has realized that she is attracted to men more than women. So.. I believe she identifies as straight.

I think that at most, having two parents of the same gender teaches that being gay IS normal. Which is a good thing in the long run because it is normal.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 pm
There are those who claim homosexuality can be genetic. I'm not going to endorse or condemn that, though. Just throwing it out there.

I think that it's a common preconception made by people in response to same sex couples raising a child together. I don't personally believe that it has any relevant effect on the sexuality of a child, just like having heterosexual parents doesn't cause a child to be heterosexual in response.  

Tempest Coronet

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:55 pm
Mistide
There are those who claim homosexuality can be genetic. I'm not going to endorse or condemn that, though. Just throwing it out there.

I think that it's a common preconception made by people in response to same sex couples raising a child together. I don't personally believe that it has any relevant effect on the sexuality of a child, just like having heterosexual parents doesn't cause a child to be heterosexual in response.

Don't judge me
Just love me.
I'm not a criminal, I'm innocent
So come and set me free!

I dunno if this is what you mean, but I don't have any genes of either side of their families, and still ever since, curiosities came in. =P sweatdrop I was adopted. o:

and @everyone else: Thanks for your thoughts! =D

I choose ecstasy.
And music's my religion.
Magic is my kingdom
And the dance floor is my heaven.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:58 am
No way, the simple fact you were raised by two dads should not have any impact on your sexuality. The only impact they would have is you being raised to being far more open to something like that. Plenty kids if they learn about these 'curiosities' that will bottle up and hide for a while. The simple fact that you're willing to talk to someone says enough.

My personal belief is that it's a combination of social and genetic factors. Your environment, I believe, can trigger those thoughts but you've already had the gene to really be having such thoughts. At one point or another every one (even straight people) has at least thought once about the same sex in their lives. That doesn't make them gay or bi or anything. It's just a normal thought process and could simply end right there. For some people it doesn't though...like most of the people around here.

I would talk to your parents about it. Just bring it up sometime whenever you're comfortable. They, not us, would be able to give you the best advise on your 'curiosities.'  

Darkfox Soldier

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:45 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1I_-MY_NY

That is the only logical answer I can give, really... other than "no".  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:21 pm
How many people in the guild are gay or bi, but were raised by straight people? razz I don't think the sexuality of your parents determines your own sexuality. Might make you more aware of the possibilities, earlier on, but a same-sex couple probably has the same chance of having a gay kid as an opposite-sex couple.

My ex was raised by his two moms, and he's gay, but all the other gay parents that I know have straight kids. *shrug*  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:18 pm
I think it just makes you more accepting to trying new things.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:00 pm
I agree with everyone here. And I think that's totally awesome that you have two dads! biggrin Really, just be open about yourself and everyone else. Don't fuss too much on whether you're straight or not. Believe me, it'll make things so much easier.

And if you're curious, then well, you could give it a try. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but the cat's still got 8 other lives. mrgreen

BleedingInkXIII

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:54 pm
Never had that happen but my friends yeah

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff