Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Dear Diary [Journals]
{ Hero } HACK ☎ Matthew Travis (mori-zae) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sidekickaa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This journal belongs to Hack, aka Matthew Travis
who is played by mori-zae
Do not post without their permission.

Sidekicks: -
Current residence: Ronth, but keeps bumming around in SA

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:43 am
User Image

If lost and found, please send to:
Room 1337
That Building
The Island off Crantel

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:44 am
User Image

HACK
who da man, you da man

Behind the name Matthew "Hacker" Travis is his real name, but everyone calls him Hack whether he's in hero costume or not.
Of course no one ever associates hero!Hack with bum!Hack because... one's a hero and one's a bum.

Powers/Abilities Hack is a technopath, meaning he can "talk" to machines and manipulate them however he likes. His specialty is corrupting and damaging software and information extraction.

Age and Origin 26 and hails from central Ronth, first entered academy at 13

Height and weight 1.80m/5"9' and -- lbs (whoops got smudged OHOHO)

Sexual orientation Bi, probably... he's not picky. /winkwink

Wow, what a very charming personality... Slob, lazy, blunt, tactless, childish, incorrigible prankster, thinks he's really charming but actually isn't, very forthcoming and (over)friendly, always and perpetually hungry.

Okay so maybe he's not all that bad Behind the childish exterior, Hack truly is a good guy at heart. He may seem like a twit, but he would never harm anyone intentionally (accidentally is another thing altogether).
Of course, he has a few "hero' moments where you might actually be led to believe he has finally matured, but then a few seconds later, that hope is usually shattered.

A little history
Before Hack was a hero, he was a petty thief who used his skills to take money from ATM machines. He was a dumb kid and he stole stuff simply because he could, plus he liked the attention it got him.
And then one day, when Hack was 13, his mother was killed in a bank robbery incident. He believed his mother's death was karma come back to bite him and he since then, he swore never to steal again. With that new resolve, he joined SA to learn how to fight better so that he could protect his remaining family and prevent future bank robberies.

This is my family
Terry Travis is Hack's father. He works in a chip manufacturing company and earns just enough to get his family by from day to day. His company issued laptop was usually used as a test thinger for new computer hardware and chips. It broke down during one of his tests at home and when 6 year old Hack fixed it, just like that... well, Travis Sr was dumbfounded, but he waved it off as a freak incident, his son probably hit the right button to fix it by accident.

Hack's mother is Melina Travis and she works from home as seamstress. She died when Hack was 13, an innocent passerby caught in the crossfire during a bank robbery. Hack was hit hard by the loss of his mother, and because of this, he swore to protect the innocent and helpless (whether he can actually carry this out is something else altogether, but its the thought that counts right?)

And right now?
Hack has his own one-room apartment located very conveniently in the middle of a bustling food street in Ronth, perfect for a man who needs lots of food. He works as security systems consultant when he's not bumming around/eating/hanging around in SA.

Hack still stays in contact with his old man, he goes back maybe once a week or two to see him and do some dad-son bonding. Travis Sr is unaware of his son's hero identity.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:55 pm

So, you got superpowers huh
indeed I do

Woah, where did that come from Hack was simply born with such an ability, and although he has attempted to find out how and why, the answer remains a mystery.
When he was 6, he discovered he could fix his dad's laptop just by touching and "communicating" with it.

Why enter academy He was new... and he wanted some kind of instruction on how to go about crimefighting... plus he heard they had good food the food is a bonus, seriously

Strengths Hack's powers make him very valuable for missions that deal with machines and information. He's also very agile with fast reflexes after all that running and dodging from his days as a petty thief.

Weaknesses Hack has the physical strength of about 6 cats, ie. he's not very strong. Fighting is also not his best forte, so in a scene of fight or flight, 9 out of 10 times Hack will run, really fast. Food is also one of his greatest weaknesses, he cannot resist the temptation of a nice slice of pie.

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 pm
This is my better looking side
Hack's hero profile

As a hero, Hack keeps a pretty low profile, mostly because his hero activities are done quietly and discreetly, background stuff like hacking, stealing information, corrupting mainframes. He doesn't usually go around socking some monster in public, like The Captain would. As such, most people would know him by name (system corrupted, its Hack's doing!) but they have no idea how he looks or acts. If a stranger were to walk past him in a street, he'd have no idea it was Hack (the hero)

Hack has appeared in the news a couple of times of course, but its either as bum!Hack or he'd be wearing his goggles to protect his true identity.

He's more well known in circles that are involved with tech, machinery and darker hacker communities, and mostly in parts of Sewit and Ronth.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:57 pm
Hey, the other side please
the civillian profile

Hack's personality is the kind that will either make you hate him the moment you see him, or you'd get along with him like total BFFs.

Lazy bum Lazy in a sense that he'd rather not do it if he can help it, he'd probably try to push tasks off on someone else when its assigned to him, or just put it off until he can't anymore

No tact, very blunt Doesn't know what is the meaning of subtlety and usually comes off as being very forward (as in, too close for comfort forward)

Slob If you'd seen his room while he was boarding in SA as a sidekick....

Incorrigible prankster Its not that he's got a thing for going against authority. On the contrary he very much respects his seniors, but he just LOVES having a laugh at the expense of others', and making other people laugh, but its mostly him who finds it amusing. Plus it lightens up that gloomy serious atmosphere in the Academy.

Eats, a lot Quite literally a one man eating machine. Not sure why he does this, but he really does eat a lot.

So very clueless If there's an important memo going around, he's usually the last one to know about it. On the other hand, he's unusually up-to-date with idle gossip and scandalous rumours...

Optimistic Quite possibly one of his more redeeming qualities among all the bad ones. No matter what situation, Hack can usually see a half full glass.

Good intentions He acts like a twit, but he would never, ever intentionally hurt anyone.

Not a very good liar He can't lie, period. He'd try, of course, but then he'll usually give up in the end, 'specially if the person he's talking to is amazingly nice/sweet/cute. Tell tale signs include looking away and refusing to meet eye contact.

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:58 pm
What's going on
an RP log

ONGOING

[PRP] Training Day // Anemone, Jenner
What's this, Hack is going to help with a training session? Did they get the wrong guy.....?!

Delivery gone awry // Anemone, Isaac, Hack
No one steals food and gets away with it, least of all food meant for the school, NO ONE.

COMPLETE

[ORP] Meet and Greet
Hack drops in to take a good look at the food available the new students...

[PRP] Lost and Found // Anemone
Hack attempts to help a lost girl! How very heroic.

[PRP] Reunited Bromance // Juno
Way to greet a bro after three years without communication man.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:59 pm
What you got in your pockets
none of your business really

Goggles Not just an accessory. Hack's goggles have the multiple functions of protecting his identity (somewhat), enabling better night vision, and making him look slightly cooler than usual.
A set of shiny new ones from Juno: aw shucks pal you didn't have to <3

Utility belt What's a hero without a belt full of accessories eh. Hack's belt holds all the essential things he needs for a mission: snacks, silly string, paper clips, empty cans, some coins and spare change, a swiss army knife. and several thumbdrives with excellent blackmail material.

Quote:
User Image

Dust Cat Flo dumped gave this cat to Hack as she was running out of space in her lab.

Dusty earned his nickname after Hack returned home one day to find his entire house covered in, what else, dust and rubble. Apparently Dusty coughed up a hairball too many and everything... exploded.

How Dusty managed to stay unscathed is a minor miracle in itself.

Dusty is a very affectionate cat and enjoys being petted and having someone to play with.

Quote:
User Image

Snaps gave this Ironpooch to Hack on Halloween... Hack's not sure what to do with it. Maybe clean up after Dusty's explosions? Vacuum the house? Maybe it has some kind of cleaning gadget under all that fancy armor...

Quote:

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:00 pm
Hey, do I know you
maybe... you look kinda familiar?

Florence Mizuno
Ah... that one huh. She's kinda cute I suppose, but not my type. Plus she keeps trying to lock me out of the academy by changing the passwords (HAH, please) and sending me on stupid missions. At least she's given up on the passwords thing. I mean, what's the point man I can just change it back pfft.

Damien Durand, Night Stalker
Man, I seem to annoy this guy just by existing... have I ever done anything to him? ... Well if I did, I certainly don't remember. He's just too strung up I think, poor guy.
He really needs to stop siccing those crazy cats of his on me too.

Anemone Pfeiffer, Galileo
I don't get why she seems to scared of... hell, everything! Gotta help her man up, or woman up. Anyway, she's really interesting...

Juno Tsing, Sharp Shooter
My bestest buddy in the whole friggin world!! ... Except when he tries to shoot me in the middle of eating.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm
a photo album
aww

MAIN REF!
another one

by mifii
by Kitty Boy Prince
by meameaa
by turn right
by Yulo-chan
by Yulo again

Secret Santa

Assorted underwear collection by laykein and CheekieBirdie woah

HIS TUMBLR TAG LOL

I doodle a lot too much

weird stuff
baby and brat, bad art because I was still getting used to thin lines orz
one of those rare moments where he isn't being an idiot
carrying Anemone sack style lol

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:03 pm
random shizzle
a Q&A session with yours truly

How the hell do you stay so skinny when you eat so much? Do you have some kind of dieting secret?!
Uh, what secret? No I don't-- Oh maybe it's the running, I run away from things. A lot. And I can run fast too. 8D

I heard you were banned from giving classes.
Pssh nonsense! Where'd you hear that from?
O-oh... Flo huh...... alright yes I'm banned but I didn't mean to blow the lab up, I swear

Speaking of Flo, how far do you two go back?
Ugh, too long. She's kinda cute, I suppose, but dear Megapolis she is one frigid woman. She treats me like I'm some kind of delinquent kid.

What about Damien?
He doesn't seem to like me very much... I wonder why o vo;;

So, you planning on staying in SA? Now that there're a lot of kids running about and all
Nah, Kitty and BB will handle things just fine. I mean, I'll still be around and stuff, for the foo-- I mean, to help out, if they need my help that is, but I'm not gonna get involved too much. I'll just get in the way and then Kitty will sic his cats on me again....

What about sidekicks? Every hero needs a sidekick right?
Eh, the current batch are still kinda green, but when they're a little more seasoned... yeah maybe I'll come back and pick one up, should come pretty handy when I need extra eyes to guard the door, or save my as-- I mean, help me with the fighting, yes.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:04 pm
shhh I'm using this to record Flo's progress discreetly

Flo is currently involved with

other nonsense

• Score one for the kitty man?
    One of Flo's belongings I suppose, Hack has too many anyways ohohoho

• mori-zae
    Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
    Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:07 pm
    CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT TIEM

Character name: Matthew Hack Travis

What do you know about that character that s/he doesn't yet know?
    What is this character’s greatest flaw?
    What do you know about this character that s/he would never admit?
    What’s this character’s greatest asset?
    If this character could choose a different identity, who would s/he be?
    What music does this character sing to when no one else is around?
    In what or whom does this character have the greatest faith?
    What is this character’s favourite movie?
    Does this character have a favourite article of clothing? Favourite shoes?
    Does this character have a vice? Name it.
    Name this character’s favourite person (living or dead).
    What is this character’s secret wish?
    What is this character’s proudest achievement?
    Describe this character’s most embarrassing moment?
    What is this character’s deepest regret?
    What is this greatest character’s fear?
    Describe this character’s most devastating moment.
    What is this character’s greatest achievement?
    What is this character’s greatest hope?
    Does this character have an obsession? Name it.
    What is this character’s greatest disappointment?
    What is this character’s worst nightmare?
    Whom does this character most wish to please? Why?
    Describe this character’s mother.
    Describe that character’s father.
    If s/he had to choose, with whom would this character prefer to live?
    Where dies this character fall in birth order? What effect does this have?
    Describe this character’s siblings or other close relatives.
    Describe this character’s bedroom. Include three cherished items.
    What is this character’s birth date? How does this character manifest traits of his/her astrological sign?
    If this character had to live in seclusion for six months, what sic items would s/he bring?
    Why is this character angry?
    What calms this character?
    Describe a recurring dream or nightmare this character might have.
    Let the choices (not circumstances) that led this character to his/her current predicament.
    List the circumstances over which this character has no control.
    What wakes this character in the middle of the night?
    How would a stranger describe this character?
    What does this character resolve to do differently every morning?
    Who depends on this character? Why?
    If this character knew s/he had exactly one month to live, what would s/he do?
    How would a dear friend or relative describe this character?
    What is this character’s most noticeable physical attribute?
    What is this character hiding from him/herself?
    Write one additional thing about your character.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:11 pm
    ugry journal is ugry

this is a good example of what your journal should NOT look like dramallama  

mori-zae
    Crew

Dapper Codger

mori-zae
    Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:13 pm
    Credits
    and roll!

me
    This shop would not have been humanly possible to run if not for my wonderful staff and interesting regulars, seriously. Thank you guys and ilu very much, SA would not be SA without all of you! <333

Dear Diary [Journals]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff