Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Rescued Kittehs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm
I set out live traps to try to capture some tiny kittens that were born under my grandparents house. The mama cat hasn't been seen in 3 days and they didn't want the kittens to die. There were 2 gray tabbys, which the neighbor took before I could get to the house to check the traps, and then I found these two girls around noon time. Both are going to the vet first thing in the morning, but they have been bathed, they were covered in flees, and are both eating away. I'm guessing they are around 5-6 weeks, They are really tiny.

User Image

User Image

This little girl is staying with me.
User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:57 pm
awe theyre darling,poor dears,their mom prolly got hit by a car,or maybe trapped..  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:01 pm
We are assuming that she has been hit by a car, they live right behind a big highway.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:01 pm
So cute and TINY! Glad they are eating.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

angelbankai45

Friendly Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:21 pm
awwwwww.....so frickin cute!!!!! 4laugh *squeals with bubbliness*

I hope they make it and grow up into strong and healthy cats.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:52 pm
The girl with the red collar has really mucky eyes, shes going to the very in the morning for antibiotics. (Both are going in for a once over anyway.)  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm
First off, thank you for taking them in! I know first-hand dealing with the ferals in our neighborhood that most people out there prefer to turn a blind eye and hope that someone else will take care of it. Thank you for putting forth the effort to help them!

And second, they are absolutely adorable. 4laugh Beautiful little babies. Just make sure they get dewormed soon, if they haven't been already (I might've missed that in the posts). However, if that and an eye infection are the worst things you'll have to battle, they should be in good shape. 3nodding You got them at a good age - young enough to acclimate to people, but old enough that they don't need fed every two hours.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:56 pm
They are going in tomorrow to see the vet. And for Feral babies, they don't seem to afraid of me. I even got some purring out of the girl with the black collar.  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 pm
Whiskey On A Sunday
They are going in tomorrow to see the vet. And for Feral babies, they don't seem to afraid of me. I even got some purring out of the girl with the black collar.
That's great. ^-^ They need all the cuddling they can get at that age, especially being somewhere new! Sounds like they haven't learned to be afraid yet. They don't really start fearfulness until they see other cats acting skittish, I think. Our rescue kittens all were unafraid of us, but the ones the parents fully raised outside were skittish by the time they were old enough to follow her to the food bowls.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 pm
Beautiful kittens. 3nodding They will make nice companions, thanks for taking them in.  

Skeksis

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 pm

They are so precious! Wish we were in the market for another kitty right now (I think I recall you being in the same state as me), I would steal one!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:56 pm
I'm keeping the one in the Black Collar. Her name is now Piper. And My mom has decided to keep the girl in the red collar, she is tentatively being called Puff.  

Whiskey On A Sunday

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:23 pm
They are so adorable! They look so soft too! I'm so glad you took them in! biggrin They are a bit older than what my cat Charcoal and her brother, Simba were when I found them. They were only 3 weeks old, and momma cat was no where to be found, so I took them in to take care of them. Charcoal hissed at us a little bit when we found them, but they otherwise weren't scared of us. I think she was more hissing at my best friend's dog, Joy, who had lunged at them, drawing my best friend's and my attention to them. Having to feed them every couple hours was tiring, but worth it. biggrin Simba went to my grandfather the thanksgiving after my friend and I found them, who calls him Zimba now, and I got to keep Charcoal. She grew up to be quite a rascal, but sweetie. She loves to cuddle and play. She even hops up to something that's about even to my height and then goes onto my shoulder and stands there, purring away and demanding that I pet her by shoving her head in my hand if I stop petting her (she'll also do this while not on my shoulder). biggrin She has a huge amount of energy, lol. She plays so hard, she starts panting and wants to continue after she's gotten to that point lol. I remember when Charcoal tried to groom herself for the first time, she started with one of her back legs and almost fell over. whee I hope yours grow up to be good, strong, healthy cats. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 am
Good to know someone saved them. You should be proud.

And they are so adorable! And so small. heart  

pompoennetje

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:21 pm
Well, its been a whole week and the kittens are doing awesomely!

Piper last monday
User Image

Piper (back) and her sister (front) last night, cuddling with me on the couch.
User Image

Piper is very mellow and laid back. Her sister seems to live only to make people bleed. lol Although she has gotten a little better in the last couple of days.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff