Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Your internal element Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm
Now that I think about it, we'd be some pretty dangerous people if there ever was a magic war. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 pm
It seems to me that the classical elements all represent different aspects of personality, or at least this is the de facto definition. In this case, I think it would be best to seek balance in the lolng term, striking a medium and draw on different elements as needed. Too much influence from a single could be damaging; fire leading to avarice, earth stagnation, air and water apathy or capriciousness, etc.  

Myrikle

6,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 pm

As far as star signs go, I'm fire (Aries). As for actions/life path, I am 100% water and I always have been.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:58 pm
based on which elements because they can be different. chinese is water, wood, metal, fire, and earth
japanese is void, water, air, fire, and earth
greek is fire, water, air, earth, aether  

neko-mata-01

Abstract_AfterLife

6,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 am
in nature you never find a neutral space with a pedistool of fire or water, you never find only earth, its all a mix, as with human scociety we re all a mix, if not one element seems "you" you may be two or three or all of em for all i know, but put yourself mind and body phisicly and spiritualy into the elements and truly get to know all of them, even though im as far from an earth elemental i use earth imagrey in my visualization to help ground my emotions and energy. treat the elements like your kids try not to play favorites, but spend time with the one who spends time with you smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 am
well... I've heard alot of things that lead to your "element". I found my own since I've started dabbling in Occult magics, but I've long since been researching other things... here's what I know though, on the theories behind it.

some people say it's based on the day of the weak. I can only assume this is the reason for/ a misperception based on the Japaneese Kanji for the days of the weak, which correspond with the elements fire, water earth, wind, metal, sun and moon.

another is based on personality. someone energetic is usually fire, while someone with a more calm/formal nature is water. earth is a rather hardy nature, one who doesn't let much get by them. air is usually for an extremely carefree person. in fact, the more elements you list, the more easily it is to think of what people fit the elements.

a third way is by the astralogy charts.... unfortunately, I don't know much of the Zodiacal... I'm a leo, which I know is supposed to be "fire"... so I don't really put much faith in this one, as my own personality is completely different, as is the result of nearly every other method I know for finding it.

personally, I'm pretty sure my own elements are a mix of Water and Earth... but, meow mentioned, I've ever seen qualities of others, contrasting elements.  

cobalticSage

Distinct Prophet

13,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

GM Phish

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 pm
As a teacher of Occult elementalism, I can tell you all this:

Everyone's soul is made of the good and bad, ying and yang ect. However, beyond this it is beleived that every soul has a unique balance of the four elements to show peronality traits, talents, and occult abilities.

Personally, I am an elementalist of Rain. (Primary air, secondary water. No fire or earth, hence the idea that nobody is perfect/complete. Likewise, a mate should complete the elements.) This means I'm a Scryer. Though I prefer not to view scrying and the like in tradtional means. Here's what it means to me:

Divination: What to come.
Scrying: What is.
Pensive: What was.

So scrying being my talent, it can be harnessed to see into the depths of the human soul and even the interworkings of the aether to develop and better understand magic.

That's my 10 cents. If you are interested in being tested for your elemental alignment, send me a PM and I'll trry to work in some time to administer the test.

(I apologize for any spelling errors, I'm using a relatively un-responsive keyboard.)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:16 pm
i am...what people would have called a witch...i do not use one element if what i want to do Calls for three i am attuned to all three in till my spell is completed.....i find that the element say....Earth...i use it for..Soft protective and reproductive energys...since it grows and protects the dead...Also Water or rain i use to make myself and others Clean or rid the bad things out of my...or if they want my freinds lives.  

Nero-gataki

Dangerous Gekko

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Gender Swap 100

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:18 pm
I think my element would be water. I'm easygoing,patient,reflective and I've always been drawn to places near water and love being in it for long periods of time.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff