• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:07 pm
Azusanga
iDiru
Azusanga
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I'm a tad confused, what is a God slur? And I'm assuming the R word is retard lol, but did you know not that long ago this was not a bad word. It was the same as saying that someone is special needs, or mentally disabled. Suddenly we can't call someone who is mentally disabled retarded because people started to use it to offend.

For me it's just a word, it originated somewhere at which point it had no negative meaning and people turn it into something bad. Like "b***h", who up and decided to call someone a female dog? and ******** simply means to fornicate under consent of king. Phoque, pronounced ******** in french, is a seal.
I think what you do and how you act is what's important, but I refrain from using certain words to be respectful of some people. But "ending the word" retarded confused no thanks

From what I picked up, a God slur is like 'JESUS FU**ING CHRIST, WHAT A GOD FU**ING IDIOT' or sumfin.

Idk. I'm getting attacked for pretty much saying that I'm highly offended when people call something they dislike retarded or gay. Apparently caring about how other people, NOT NECESSARILY ONES SELF, feel is a criminial offence now a days?

I really hope you're not talking about me neutral

Hell if I know, would it offend you?

well by deleting your other post and possibly referring to me when talking to another user I'm just saying you're taking a simple statement I made waay too harshly.
By the way I'm physically deformed too and I dont' know what this has to do with retardation.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 pm
The point is just trying our best not to offend each other because we are actually FRIENDS in this guild. I am generally not offended by words, unless it is involving Jesus Christ. Though I don't like retarded either. Or racial slurs because I know they hurt others.

BUT, we also need to try not to be offended by each other. We can all be mature about things and not throw a fit.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm
Mistress of Rain

f*****t... is a bunch of sticks and twigs, where it started being something against gays I don't know.

Off-topic: My boyfriend kept telling me he wanted a f*****t. And I was like wtf. He kept saying it and telling me to get him one. Then he said it was a bundle of sticks. I did end up making him one (a very pretty one, might I add), but it's nice to see he wasn't just making it up.

On-topic: We all have different tolerances for what, if anything, offends us. This is a close and minor friendly community, as Kip has said. We should be setting a good example and showing tolerance. Nobody should be afraid to speak up if they are offended, and we should at least try our best to keep from hurting other members feelings. We're all people, we all deserve respect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm
Vanilla eXee
Mistress of Rain

f*****t... is a bunch of sticks and twigs, where it started being something against gays I don't know.

Off-topic: My boyfriend kept telling me he wanted a f*****t. And I was like wtf. He kept saying it and telling me to get him one. Then he said it was a bundle of sticks. I did end up making him one (a very pretty one, might I add), but it's nice to see he wasn't just making it up.

On-topic: We all have different tolerances for what, if anything, offends us. This is a close and minor friendly community, as Kip has said. We should be setting a good example and showing tolerance. Nobody should be afraid to speak up if they are offended, and we should at least try our best to keep from hurting other members feelings. We're all people, we all deserve respect.

Thanks Nilla, I've been having a couple of really shitty days so being even partially defended is really nice, instead of being attacked for asking people not to use one word.

It's one word people, I'm not asking you to chop off your face and hand it over. I think we can all take into consideration how others feel once in a while without being a s**t about it :/  

Azusanga

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm
I think you guys are over reacting about something silly. =/  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 pm
Testicular Diabeetus

x2  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 pm
Whiskey On A Sunday
Testicular Diabeetus

x2

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:57 pm
My question is -- and I don't mean to turn this into a debate, but it's a legit question -- where do you draw the line? I mean, a word that some people see as offensive might be totally innocent to another person. So you can't really say "don't say offensive words" and not address the fact that some people see a word that is not used in an offensive context, and instantly throw a fit. Granted, if the person who used the word isn't willing to apologize and/or explain that they didn't intend an insult, then it could be warranted. But trying to not be offensive is a two way street -- don't intentionally insult someone, and don't blow your top if someone does. Hell, even if they meant to insult you, it's generally more mature to just grow up, maybe say "I find this offensive", and leave it be -- no throwing back insults, because all you're doing is stooping to their level.
I bring this up because I've seen it happen -- here, in other guilds, even on other sites. People disagree; it's a fact of life.

Myself, it's terribly hard to offend me. I've been called most everything under the moon, and I just don't care. Now, getting annoyed, even pissed, that has happened. I can think of one instance where I've blown up on this guild, and there was cussing involved (this is me; I cuss normally, though I do try to tone it down.), but (at least in my interpretation) there was no name-calling. I usually only get pissed when people decide to get so bull headed and are basically saying "I'm right and you're dead wrong, and that makes you a terrible human being" without listening to what I have to say -- fine, keep your beliefs, just don't force them on me, and don't insult me with them.

At Kipluck, personally, I will admit to sometimes 'taking the lord's name in vain' and such, though I can't think of if I've done so recently or on here or anything (As I said, I try to tone down my cussing). Since I do respect you a deal, I wanted to apologize for if I do or have -- it's not meant as a slur, and I know on some level that it is sometimes taken as one anyway, but I was raised with it being a common expletive. I know, that's a sorry excuse, but I wanted to be sure that you did not misinterpret.  

Dante_Sonata

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 pm
Dante_Sonata
My question is -- and I don't mean to turn this into a debate, but it's a legit question -- where do you draw the line? I mean, a word that some people see as offensive might be totally innocent to another person. So you can't really say "don't say offensive words" and not address the fact that some people see a word that is not used in an offensive context, and instantly throw a fit. Granted, if the person who used the word isn't willing to apologize and/or explain that they didn't intend an insult, then it could be warranted. But trying to not be offensive is a two way street -- don't intentionally insult someone, and don't blow your top if someone does. Hell, even if they meant to insult you, it's generally more mature to just grow up, maybe say "I find this offensive", and leave it be -- no throwing back insults, because all you're doing is stooping to their level.
I bring this up because I've seen it happen -- here, in other guilds, even on other sites. People disagree; it's a fact of life.

Myself, it's terribly hard to offend me. I've been called most everything under the moon, and I just don't care. Now, getting annoyed, even pissed, that has happened. I can think of one instance where I've blown up on this guild, and there was cussing involved (this is me; I cuss normally, though I do try to tone it down.), but (at least in my interpretation) there was no name-calling. I usually only get pissed when people decide to get so bull headed and are basically saying "I'm right and you're dead wrong, and that makes you a terrible human being" without listening to what I have to say -- fine, keep your beliefs, just don't force them on me, and don't insult me with them.

At Kipluck, personally, I will admit to sometimes 'taking the lord's name in vain' and such, though I can't think of if I've done so recently or on here or anything (As I said, I try to tone down my cussing). Since I do respect you a deal, I wanted to apologize for if I do or have -- it's not meant as a slur, and I know on some level that it is sometimes taken as one anyway, but I was raised with it being a common expletive. I know, that's a sorry excuse, but I wanted to be sure that you did not misinterpret.
I think you said it exactly. "Don't intentionally insult someone, and don't blow your top if someone does" Like for me, I know that people using the Lord's name aren't meaning to offend me, and so I take it in stride. It makes me cringe a little when I read it, so I REALLY appreciate when people try not to, but I know it is common slang and I am not going to yell at people for it (just hurts me a little).

I'm just crew, but I don't plan on kicking people out of the guild for cursing (and yes, that includes the R-word) and I don't think Savage does either. But I just wanted to remind people we are FRIENDS here (I really feel like that. You guys here are AWESOME) so we should do our best not to hurt each other... and also get a thick skin and not freak out when someone accidentally DOES.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 pm
heart I am new here what do I do  

Dolphingirl2123

Dolphingirl2123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:20 pm
Can u add me as a friend
Whiskey On A Sunday
Testicular Diabeetus

x2

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:04 pm
Dolphingirl2123
heart I am new here what do I do
Introduce yourself in the Introduction thread (NOT in here) and read a bit to kind of get the flow and culture of the forum and you will be a lot more welcome! We value intelligent, on-topic conversations!  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 am
Yeesh I completely missed this topic. I think it should be stated that I am highly offended by anyone who says they hate bugs or refers to them as disgusting. neutral

I'm kidding of course, though my mantises might give you the claw in return. =p  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff