Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:40 am
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 am
Ranks

Within the Stormborn there are no hereditary ranks. The Myrsky Syntynyt is very much a meritocracy, and as such you hold the rank you have earned. Some ranks require more effort to attain RP-wise.

Certed

Warlord (1)
There is only one leader in the Myrsky Syntynyt, and that is the Warlord. A Warlord's role is to hold all the fractious people of the pride together and dispense justice and grant permission to go a-viking. The only way this position can be obtained is for a lion to kill the previous Warlord. Should a Warlord die of other causes, their replacement may be elected at an Althing, but the High Priestess and First Speaker may choose to allow lions to battle for the rank.
/////OOC Note: This position is currently filled, but in the event that the pride finds itself in need of a new Warlord, there will be more specifically detailed information posted.

High Priestess (1)
The High Priestess is not always the most talented Priestess, but she is the one who speaks for them before the Warlord and is at least nominally in charge of them. This is usually an elected position but sometimes a Warlord will appoint a lioness to this position if it is not already occupied.
/////OOC Note: This position is currently filled, but in the event that a new High Priestess is needed more information on how to hold the position will be made available.

First Speaker (1)
The First Speaker is not always the most knowledgeable Lawspeaker, but they is the one who speaks for them before the Warlord and is at least nominally in charge of them. This is usually an elected position but sometimes a Warlord will appoint a lion to this position.
/////OOC Note: This position is currently filled, but in the event that a new First Speaker is needed more information on how to hold the position will be made available.

Priestess (9)
Priestesses are Freeborn lionesses who have been trained in the ways of the gods and their sacrifices. They are responsible for working foretellings and providing tokens for good luck, if they have that ability or can convince others they do. Some may have other arcane talents They begin their training young and much of what they do is a mystery to the average Stormborn. There are no more than nine, and they are always female, as their magics are considered inherently female.
/////OOC Note: As long as there are open slots, you may apply to be a Priestess and then show evidence of some sort of apprenticeship RP. This RP may be a SRP, but it must be included with the rank change form and must include an actual Priestess character.

Lawspeaker (9)
Freeborn lions who are particularly well-versed in the laws of the Stormborn may become Lawspeakers. They keep track of the history of the pride as well as the its laws. They are supposed to be neutral parties, selected from the entire pride based on wisdom and ability, and are occasionally called upon to advise the Warlord. Retired Reavers and Captains may become Lawspeakers, and there is even one instance of a Warlord stepping down and becoming one. There are no more than nine, and they are led by the First Speaker.
/////OOC Note: As long as there are open slots, you may apply to be a Lawspeaker and then show evidence of some sort of apprenticeship RP. This RP may be a SRP, but it must be included with the rank change form and it must include an actual Lawspeaker character.

Captain (unlimited)
The head of a band of Reavers is a Captain. It is said that every Captain is the king of his band. Captain is usually a rank appointed by the Warlord, but should something happen to a Captain while he and his band are out on a raid, the elected replacement is usually accepted in his place, but must still be approved by the Warlord. It is almost unheard of for any lion to become a Captain during adolescence. In the past a female could not become a captain, but that has changed under the rule of Warlord Ruzski.
/////OOC Note: To become a Captain you must have completed five vikings, or RPs outside the pride. These may be SRPs. Alternatively, you must have three viking RPs outside the pride and an RP with other people wherein the Captain (may be an NPC) dies and your lion is elected by the others in the band to fill the position. In either case you must also arrange an RP with the Warlord where your lion is confirmed in this position, so in your rank change form you must include a link to the RP where they become a captain or five viking RPs along with the link to the beginning of an RP with the Warlord.

Reaver (unlimited)
An able-bodied lion born or otherwise accepted into the pride who goes viking is called a Reaver after they first go viking. Those who have attained this rank are allowed to go raiding outside of the pride. Those who are not out viking remain to defend the pride and answer challenges.
/////OOC Note: To become a Reaver you must have a viking RP which takes place outside of the Myrsky Syntynyt and post it with your rank change form. The Captain and other members of the viking may be NPCs and the RP itself may be an SRP, but you need at least one.

Freeborn (unlimited)
Those who are born in or challenge in are automatically considered to have earned the rank of Freeborn. All of the Stormborn may consider themselves Freeborn, but most consider it a starting point. Any lion who chooses not to follow the path of the warrior is considered a Freeborn, even Priestesses and Lawspeakers. This rank also includes bards, healers, herd minders, and many females. These are sometimes viewed as inferiors, and may receive less respect and status because they do not fight. This is also the rank held by cubs, juveniles, and any lion who wins a challenge until they go on their first raid.
/////OOC Note: This is the default rank for a lion who challenges into the pride until they go on their first Viking. It is also the default rank for any non-Thrall lion born into the pride until they go on their first Viking.

Thrall (unlimited)
Anyone captured in a raid is considered a Thrall. These creatures fill the place of servants. They hunt, mind cubs, and generally perform all the inglorious duties Reavers and Freeborn don't care to do. Children born to Thralls are also Thralls, and a Thrall is generally a Thrall for life. A Freeborn who particularly annoys the Warlord can be reduced to a Thrall's status instead of killed, though this is usually for a prescribed period of time. All non-lions are Thralls.
/////OOC Note: A thrall's capture RP counts as a JRP. If you want your lion to be demoted to a Thrall's status you must have an RP with the Warlord and a Lawspeaker where it takes place. This action must be pre-approved by the pride owner. To have an SoA raised from Thrall status an RP with the Warlord and a Lawspeaker must also occur.

Uncerted

Uncerted ranks are designations within a major rank category (thrall or freeborn). If a SoA holds one of these ranks, it is considered their official rank within the pride, but their cert will not change.

Healer (variable)
Healers are Stormborn who are acknowledged throughout the pride as wise in the ways of treating sickness or injury. Unlike priestesses, who may invoke the gods to aid them, healers typically use more mundane methods like medicine and exercise. A healer may be freeborn or a thrall, but either way they (or their owner) are usually reimbursed for their services.
/////OOC Note: To become a healer if that is not what they're joining as the character must RP with another healer character who agrees to test them, as well as four other RPs in which they successfully use their skills as a healer. The number of healers varies based on the pride's population. There should be no more than one healer for every fifty Stormborn.

Bard (variable)
Bards serve a function similar to that of the lawspeakers, but instead of focusing on history and law, they are more keepers of lore. They are the ones who compose the ballads and the sagas. They usually have a better grasp of pride genealogy than the lawspeakers, actually. They are considered freeborn and yet they are treated with respect because everyone knows it is foolish to anger someone who can compose catchy, embarrassing tunes and needn't pay attention to accuracy. The bards are sort of a good ol' boys club that determines its own membership. There are currently no female bards, though that is a matter of tradition rather than actual law.
/////OOC Note: This is not a certed rank. If your character is a bard, they are still certed as freeborn. To become a bard if that is not what they're joining as you must RP with another bard character who agrees to sponsor and train them, at the end of which you must roll 1d4 for each bard in the pride (at present there are four, though three are NPCs). If the majority of dice are odd, your character is accepted. The number of bards varies based on the pride's population. There should be no more than one bard for every fifty freeborn.

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:59 pm
Rank Change Form

Any time your SoA wishes to change rank you need to complete this form and wait for approval before posting for a recert.

[size=18][color=navy]The tempest is rising![/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] Your Name
[b]SoA's Name:[/b] [url=imagelink]SoA Name[/url]
[b]Current Rank:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Requirements:[/b] Link to any required elements for the desired rank.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 pm
The tempest is rising!
Username: Tanakako
SoA's Name: Lucivar & cert
Current Rank: Reaver
Desired Rank: Captain
Requirements: IC captain rank aquired via old captain`s death & IC rank change agreement with Aesir  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:11 pm
The tempest is rising!
SoA's Name: Lennart
Current Rank: Freeborn
Desired Rank: Reaver
Requirements: Viking rp | Certed as a Reaver, just making this official. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:21 am
Tanakako
The tempest is rising!
SoA's Name: Lennart
Requirements: Viking rp | Certed as a Reaver, just making this official. <3
Thanks for posting the form. It makes my head hurt a lot less and helps me keep track of the ranks' demographics. Of course, I acknowledge and accept Lennart's change to Reaver. Congratulations, Lennart.
Tanakako
The tempest is rising!
SoA's Name: Lucivar & cert
Requirements: IC captain rank aquired via old captain`s death & IC rank change agreement with Aesir
Looks like you've got everything in order. Go post for his cert change if you haven't already.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am
The tempest is rising!
Username: Mtorolite
SoA's Name: Bronislawa
Desired Rank: Priestess
Requirements: RPs in which she is doing priestessy things. I won't post for recert until I get one done.

The tempest is rising!
Username: Your Name
SoA's Name: Ingmar
Requirements:Ingmar being Reaverlike
Again, I won't post for recert until the RPs are complete.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:12 am
Mtorolite
The tempest is rising!
Username: Mtorolite
SoA's Name: Bronislawa
Desired Rank: Priestess
Requirements: RPs in which she is doing priestessy things. I won't post for recert until I get one done.

The tempest is rising!
Username: Your Name
SoA's Name: Ingmar
Requirements:Ingmar being Reaverlike
Again, I won't post for recert until the RPs are complete.
Looks good to me. Thanks for taking this step. I know it's bothersome, but it really helps me to keep track of the pride members.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:19 am
I have a cert for you:
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 am
Thanks. Memberlist has been updated.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 am
I have another cert for you.
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:15 am
The tempest is rising!
Username: Princess_Feylin
SoA's Name: Ruzanski
Requirements:
Viking RP 1 - Reaving
Viking RP 2 - The Observer
Viking RP 3 - Safe place to stay... Maybe?
Viking RP 4 - In My Pocket
Viking RP 5 - But... I... Didn't Expect This...

Confirmation RP with Aesir - Thousandfold  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 am
Princess_Feylin
The tempest is rising!
Username: Princess_Feylin
SoA's Name: Ruzanski
Requirements:
Viking RP 1 - Reaving
Viking RP 2 - The Observer
Viking RP 3 - Safe place to stay... Maybe?
Viking RP 4 - In My Pocket
Viking RP 5 - But... I... Didn't Expect This...

Confirmation RP with Aesir - Thousandfold
Okay. I'll work on that. Hope there's no rush on him getting certed. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:53 am
And the earth trembles!
Username: Syrius Lionwing
SoA's Name: Loki
New Cert: Cert Url

And the earth trembles!
Username: Syrius Lionwing
SoA's Name: Suklaa Mintuu Mansikaa
New Cert: Cert Url

And the earth trembles!