Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
My eyes... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:35 pm
just about popped out of my head when I saw this. Seriously?

The peace sign originated in the 50's or 60's with the missle crisis. It stood for Nuclear Disarment. Here is a good site for more reading...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm
They're trying to turn more peaceful signs into evil symbols? Really? That's something a Nazi would do - oh wait, Nazis did do that, except in a different way. Can't they just give it a rest? They're worse than my grandma!  

Insatiable Design

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm
I remember some of this from the 80's when several Christian groups started militantly targeting symbols of anything that wasn't Christian. This kind of misinformation is not uncommon for the larger denominations of the Christian church.

It's old news really. A way to shock people back to the'straight-and-narrow'. It's the difference that distinguishes Cult Christianity, and Faith driven belief.

It's not right, mind you, but that is one of the most popular tactics of all the largest organized religious institutions.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:55 pm
And on these tiny, tattered wings, a gust is all I need,

The whole site is ******** up. I see nothing wrong with a person expressing their religion/beliefs, I happen to love seeing it. But when they condemn peaceful signs, and other religions, and having your own beliefs, that's when I get aggravated with somebody.

Apparently the yin-yang symbol is Satanic. Screw the site

To send me higher than the heavens.

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

KawaiiAsHell

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm
I find this all rather funny.

Anything and everything not directly related to God in any way will be, in one way or another, proved to be Satanic. I find it ironic how Satan is winning this territory war. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:52 pm
jesus-is-savior.com is insane.

They have a page about how everyone is evil and going to hell. Even Jack Chick eek  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

KawaiiAsHell

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:58 pm
So, my question is, what's the point of seeking salvation if we're all going to hell anyways? They're being kind of silly in my opinion. It's hard to sell salvation if you're shot from the start. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:26 pm
Isn't there some type of internet police that can shut people down? Apparantly not...

A lot of people know how the Nazi's turned the swastikah (Forgive me if I spelled that wrong) in to their evil sign. But where is the PROOF that anyone has turned these signs in to anything other than what they are?! There is no proof!

Why don't these morons see this?! Grr! They make me made because these are the typs of people who give non-Christians bad names!

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 pm
rmcdra

They have a page about how everyone is evil and going to hell. Even Jack Chick eek

ROFLMAO! rofl

This looks like the place that Jack Chick gets his intel! burning_eyes You would think they would at least protect their own! neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:17 pm
Eltanin Sadachbia
rmcdra

ROFLMAO! rofl

This looks like the place that Jack Chick gets his intel! burning_eyes You would think they would at least protect their own! neutral
Ya you'd think but "with great heart ache" they have to alert you that Jack Chick is guilty of Lordship Salvation or whatever that is. here. I sometimes wonder if this site is a parody site of somekind after seeing this.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:23 pm
Aakosir
Isn't there some type of internet police that can shut people down? Apparantly not...

A lot of people know how the Nazi's turned the swastikah (Forgive me if I spelled that wrong) in to their evil sign. But where is the PROOF that anyone has turned these signs in to anything other than what they are?! There is no proof!

Why don't these morons see this?! Grr! They make me made because these are the typs of people who give non-Christians bad names!
well if you see anyone using jesus-is-savior.com as a source for near anything, you know you can stop taking them seriously.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:45 pm
I always thought that was the offensive v****a fingers sign.  

Pandora the Wonderful

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:47 am
rmcdra
Aakosir

well if you see anyone using jesus-is-savior.com as a source for near anything, you know you can stop taking them seriously.

Ha. Seriously. I think I would totally end any type of communication with them also.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 am
Mystic Requiem
And on these tiny, tattered wings, a gust is all I need,

The whole site is ******** up. I see nothing wrong with a person expressing their religion/beliefs, I happen to love seeing it. But when they condemn peaceful signs, and other religions, and having your own beliefs, that's when I get aggravated with somebody.

Apparently the yin-yang symbol is Satanic. Screw the site

To send me higher than the heavens.

I just love how they use quotes from books that obviously do NOT link it to anything evil, but they twist the words to mean what they want. I would love to know what books they are using those lines from.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:04 am
Aakosir
rmcdra
Aakosir

Ha. Seriously. I think I would totally end any type of communication with them also.
Agreed. Oddly enough though they don't talk about Gnosticism on that site though I think it was made well before Gnosticism was becoming the fad.  
Religious Debate

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff